No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kli: Fountain pens have a website? Awesome!

Oh please; all of my friends could have a year-long discussion about paper clips. Fountain pens...maybe, but no so much.

A friend of mine had an hour-long conversation about french bread once...it was scary, on so many different levels.

Emi: Oh no! I hope you feel better!

I don't go on the forum for just a day, and suddenly there's another page on the TOGR! Wow...haha.

I have the flu right now...it's not fun! sigh...and my mom is trying to force me to do schoolwork, but I am reading. And writing. It's more educational than those textbooks she gives me. They're so basic!

Dai, all!
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Ahhh, feels so nice to be back. *breathes in the fresh, yw-y air*

*huggleglomps hungry*

Smile: Hang in there. Your mom is in my prayers!
      kk: My best wishes to your friend and her family. May they have peace.

Emi: Haha ouuchh! the guitar likes to give me calluses in strange places, like the side of my pinkie. Go figure.

Bookgirl: Oh my. That is rather strange.
      Haven't had much experience in the way of dating, and frankly I'd rather not, but it seems to me that most of the guys who like me are strange (not in a good way) or...shallow, I suppose is a way of putting it. And desperate for any girl. So, I've seen a fair share of weird guys around.

Music: Hey, don't diss Swift! haha her new album is actually very good, there's something to said for lyrics that can speak what you want to say but don't. That's not to say that I don't listen to other music: anyone who knows me from here is probably very sick of my babbling haha I am rather a music nerd.

Speaking of music, our school put on our school play, Anything Goes. It's actually a very funny play and our show did exceedingly well with the lovely singers and actors we had. We were really very lucky, with only a month of practice under our belts. Here's a link to the title song. I hope you enjoy it.

So how are everyone's Nanowrimos coming along? And how is everyone in general?
      I hope everyone is enjoying the autumn weather as much as I am. I confess I've just finished Anne of Avonlea, and it's a rosy hue to be in her mind for some time. It makes everything pleasanter and sweeter. I hope things, despite the hardship of late, are going well.

Much Love,
      Mel
      just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• I turned in my research paper today, and then promptly took a 3 hour nap. It was AMAZING. I am currently extremely sleep deprived, so I cannot wait to go to bed tonight either. I'm just feeling very accomplished for actually finishing the paper...a bunch of people in my class didn't do it, apparently. Or they didn't start it until Sunday, when it was due on Monday. I may be a procrastinator, but even I know that it is nearly impossible to do all the research for a 12 page research paper and write the entire thing in one day. Plus, your paper would probably end up stinking.

And now I know more about the different myths surrounding Lugh the All-crafted than I ever thought I'd know. It's kind of dorky, but I cited A Wizard Abroad in my bibliography; after all, it is the reason I even came up with the topic. Can't wait to explain that one to my professor tomorrow in class.

Dating...um, no dating stories. Sea is an extreme introvert in real life, and that made it hard to date in high school. In college, it just means that I have no clue what I'm doing with boys, and have no way of reading them...earlier this year I thought the guy I liked liked me back, when it turns out he was just trying to get to a friend of mine from the cross country team. They're together now. So yeah, no dating stories.

I wanted to do Nanowrimo this year. I know I've said that pretty much every year since I joined the forum, but every year November comes along and I've got something like a science fair project or a research paper going on, which leaves me no time to write. November is just a bad month for me. They should make Nanowrimo during one of the summer months-I'd be more likely to do it then, lol, at least for the next couple of years.

I cannot wait to go home for Thanksgiving break next week-I miss my family so much. And my bed, which I won't get to sleep in since we've got family staying in our house. But still- good food, no alarm clocks, no screaming at 3 in the morning, a car, my friends from high school...Twilight movie. XD Break is going to be fun.

*tacklehuggles Mel*

Taylor Swift is amazing, I agree with Mel. I can't wait to get her new cd; my sister has a copy of it at home, so when I go home next week I'm going to put it on my laptop. From what I've heard of it online, it sounds amazing. A few of my friends here are obsessed with Love Story; we like to sit in each other's rooms and just sing along with the song, usually multiple times in one day. I think I've found people who are extremely like me-we like the same music, movies, books...and would rather sit around reading books together than go out on a Saturday night. We're such dorks it's ridiculous. But I don't mind.

I know it's only been a page since I last posted, but I'm too lazy to go reread it, sorry guys!

Well...I think I'll go to bed, even though my roommate isn't back yet. I don't think I've been to bed this early in over a month. Dai all!

Comment

• My daughter Ael joined the Rainbow Girls last night. The initiation was at Orono Assembly, which my wife used to belong to. Since there aren't many members there anymore, there were lots of fill-ins, but they all did a good job. One of the seats was filled by Ael's cousin, who was dedicated to Rainbow at the same time Ael was, 10 years ago. Despite being one of the younger girls there, Shayna delivered her part smoothly, with no prompting.

Along with various current state-level officers, the Supreme Inspector (state boss), Mum Moody, was there, playing piano for us. Besides being the Supreme Inspector, she is also Supreme Hope, one of the top 5 officers in Supreme Assembly, Rainbow's governing body. After Mum Moody was introduced, I leaned over to Ael and asked if she had caught the implication of her being Supreme Hope, which she hadn't. I informed her that meant that she was within 3 terms of being in charge of Rainbow everywhere. :-)
          "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Seabiscuit: I know, right? Lugh the All-Crafted (Or, Lugh Samildanach) had some amazing myths. Some beautiful drawings of Irish Mythology can be found in the books "The Book of Conquests" and "The Silver Arm" by Jim Fitzpatrick.

Anyways, Nuada has some interesting myths as well. Like how he was called "Nuada Airgitlamh" after his arm was replaced with one made of silver. (Look at the word Airgitlamh: It means "Silver Arm." Sound familiar, any Eragon fans? )

*is geekish about Irish and Celtic mythology...heh*

The Morrigan is one of my favorite characters in the mythology, though. She's fascinating; her and her two sisters. The Badb, I think...

I wrote an essay on Irish mythology for school...it was supposed to be 5 paragraphs, but ended up being 29, because there was so much material to cover...And that was just an essay about the invasions...not any of the other stuff.

Now that's a subject I could talk on for hours...
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• bookgirl: Yeah, what luck I have. Haha.

eowyngirl: I'm definitely going to finish my NANO after December. I don't want to risk my wrist again. Haha.

kli: for real? would that really work if I did that?

Garrett: YOUR WELCOME. haha. I think my Facebook name is easy to remember...

kk: Thanks.

Mel: *TACKLES* I haven't seen you in forever!! Yes I got weird callouses when I started to play guitar as well. But not anymore! Haha.

Oh and Taylor Swift totally rocks. I love her new song Love Story. So cute!!! I'm learning to play Tim McGraw on the guitar...

My NANO is on hold for the moment.

Hungry: Rest well! Don't want to get sick. [can't wait for Twilight]

Garrett, again: My great-grandmother was a Rainbow Girl! Her funeral was so beautiful. They had different colored roses everywhere. It was simply amazing. But anyway, I thought that it was a really cool society.

I'm almost healed... almost. Haha. It still hurts, but not as much as before.

So, I think I mentioned awhile back how accident prone I am? Well, now you'll understand why. Okay, I just went to kneel down on the floor to look at something and my right knee cracked while it was on the floor. Now it hurts whenever I bend it and stuff. I hope I didn't do anything to it.

I'm afraid to mention that to my mom because she'll probably think I'm overreacting.

Oh and before I go... wrist is hurting now... I want to say I successfully submitted my first college application! Yay!

Haha. Dai!
              Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
              Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• So....

TWILIGHT!

Ok then...that's my bit of obsessiveness for the day...

I'm feeling strange-ish...just because of life...I dunno...

I had a really good conversation about Time with my youth minister...he's awesome!

I'm supposed to be working, so bye! Well, I am working; but my files are done loading!
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Hi guys! I watched Twilight last night, and the entire theater was laughing through half of it (including me). It wasn't supposed to be funny at all but if you read the book, and then watched it, it was sooooo funny! In the biology class, they flashed from Edward to Bella, and when they flashed back to Edward, there was a sculpture of a snowy owl behind him, and it looked like he had angel wings!!!!! Haha, and he is SOOOO not an angel... so that was the first time we all burst out laughing. It was so funny throughout the movie though because they were trying to be serious, and we would all just burst out laughing at the same time, and laugh harder because of it...If you haven't read it though, you have to!!!!! Read it, then see it ASAP!!!!!!! I am sorry for the exclamation marks, but I am so excited I think I'm spazzing!

Comment

• kk: Hope you feel better soon!

Mel: I love Anything Goes! Yay. As far as my NaNoWriMo...I'm miserably, miserably behind. I don't even have 10K. Stupid school. Why November? Why?

Gwendi: I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm probably not going to take the trouble to see it until it comes on DVD...I've kind of turned against Twilight.

Comment

• Breath Gwendi! Yeah, I read Twilight, and I hope I'm going to the movie next week. It looks like it'll be great, but it'll probably be ruined by me noticing the little details they screwed up. I'm a nit picker when it comes to books into movies. The Golden Compass for example. Ugh.

Life for me is rather normal other than that, swim practice, reading, etc.

Oh yeah, everyone, a question that's been left unanswered. What is NaNoWriMo anyway? If I'm totally incompetent for not knowing, well, be nice.
                      "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Emi! *tacklehugsback* I hope you're feeling much better soon. I was gonna glomp you earlier, but I didn't want to sound weird haha How goes all?

Eowyngirl: hahaha I know, November is one of the craziest months. December, though, is when everything hits at my school. The teachers suddenly realize we're a chapter behind a week before midterms XD That's pretty normal for most of my classes too. Anyone else have that problem?

also: Isn't Anything Goes sort of genius, in a rather stupid way? (that didn't make any sense, but it did. Convoluted, much? :P) We had the most amazing Moonface (not the one on youtube, sadly, though). He was truly amazing and hilarious, and everyone loved him as his role.

I'm sort of timid in regards to seeing Twilight. I'm not sure I'll like it, the commercials seemed a little dramatic and over done for my taste. I'm harsh on movies sometimes I've heard some pretty mixed reviews, too, so I think it should be interesting. Seeing it Sunday, and I'm actually sort of excited.

So today a friend and I went to a local college to support some friends in their forensics tournament. It was actually really a lot of fun, they were just my brand of geek Extemp isn't the most interesting to watch sometimes, but I enjoyed the intellectual stimulus of it all. It made me very happy. Also, it was nice to be so free on such a beautiful November day as this. The sky was in such a Romantic mood today, and the effect of the sun and plump clouds on the solid <STRIKE>Romanesque</STRIKE> Gothic (*sigh* and "Romaneque" is such a pretty word too, much beats gothic, don't you agree?) buildings was really a lovely sight. The air was the kind that makes your cheeks lovely and ruddy and your eyes bright. A wonderful day.

Rainbow girls: Man, I wish we had that around here. I think I would've really really liked that when I was younger. Heck, I'd like it now I would have joined Girl Scouts, but it seemed more like selling boxes of cookies than anything remotely exciting, so I opted against it. Ahh, well. :P

Did anyone ever connect with a character so deeply that it's sort of scary? I'm having that right now. It's like a pleasant sort of understanding. I'd think of something, and then two days later I'd read the character thinking nearly the same thing (but in more expressive words). Cool, huh? I love it when that happens..

I hope everyone had a wonderful day?

Love,
                        Melanie

p.s. I like the new Taylor Swift the more I listen to it. It makes me feel relaxed and happy. Check it out if you get the chance.
                        just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Gwendi: Deep breaths...calm...okaaaay? We understand...well, most of us do...just breathe...

Haha... I thought the movie was good. Emmett had this ridiculous dance that he did at the baseball scene, and that alone made me crack up laughing...

Sigh...my grandmother is throwing out a lot of my grandfather's old things. I'm going up to their house soon, so that I can try to keep some of them... Like his giant diagram of a keyboard, and his Masonic poem...
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Mel: I'm getting better but then I ruin it by doing something stupid with my wrist... like typing. Haha. Forensic tournament? Sounds... interesting. I wish we had something like that around here. Oh and I've definitely connected with a character. It is cool.

So Twilight... yeah. Watched it twice. Haha. Have to say that I did laugh during the movie because of the book. Anyway. I made a thread to discuss it so...

I'm totally itching to play some guitar right now. But I can't. Stupid tendonitis.

Um... I haven't heard from the Young Americans yet, and I'm getting really antsy. Haha. *crosses fingers* Please let it be this week... Please?

Anyway, I should get going now. I'll come on later!

Dai,

Emi
                            Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                            Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Mel: Yay forensics! I'm actually supposed to be writing my debate case right now. The weather wherever you are sounds beautiful. And yes, I've connected with a character that deeply...it's really amazing and I know exactly what you mean.

kk: Best of luck rescuing your grandfather's stuff. *hugs*

Emi: I wish I could play guitar right now, too...only my excuse is a lot more lame--I can't play guitar. Although I suppose I could always say I have tendonitis...

Argh, I hate homework...I have about four things for math and a debate case to write. I'm not sure exactly why I've procrastinated this long, but now I'm staring at a Word document that has three contentions on it wondering where the heck I'm going to go with them, and trying to ignore my math in the hopes that it will quietly pass away in its sleep. Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. Most likely I'll end up doing my math while watching the Stephen Colbert Christmas special. Whoopee math! The special is going to be amazing, though...okay, I'm rambling now. Must. Stop. Rambling. Dai everyone!

Comment

• Eowyngirl: *hugs back*

Apparently the "Ghosts" topic got deleted (or I just have really poor eyesight today), because I wanted to post something there...and I don't see it.

So, I'll just post it here instead!

A few nights ago, I was standing in my bathroom, looking out the window. (My room has a bathroom attached to it.) All of a sudden, I hear my bedroom door open, and a voice shouting my name from that direction...it sounds a little like my mom's voice, but not really.

Thinking it might have been my mom, I call back "What?" but there is no answer. Just silence...

So I go back out into my bedroom, and the door is closed. I opened the door, but the hallway is completely dark and quiet.

The next morning, I asked, and my mom said she didn't call me, and that I was probably asleep or something...but I wasn't! I promise you that...

The day after that, she randomly comments that she found out that the previous owner's sister had died in the house...

Strange, much? My mom doesn't try to scare people, or lie to them, so I'm guessing she was telling the truth. It's just so weird...
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X