No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Garrett. *hugs back* I hope your mother-in-law gets better!

My parents let me spend the night at her house, so I could help out her family the best that I could.

They found out that the actual cause of her dad's death was a brain aneurysm, but they can't tell when it happened. I think everyone's still in shock.

Besides that, I guess I'm ok. Tired, a little bit shocked, and mostly, just thoughtful.

I'm supposed to be working, so, dai.
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk--hugs and good thoughts for getting you and your friends through it. It's hard not to be able to do much, but just being there and being something that hasn't changed in the face of all the weirdness can help.

Garrett--whew. Good going on getting Mum to the ER. Hope they figure out what's wrong, soon, and it's fixable.

My dad went in for routine out-patient surgery two weeks ago, and something apparently went wrong on the table, and he had what I'm guessing was a pulmonary edema. They kept him for five days, checked him out top to bottom, and eventually released him, unable to find anything wrong. He's much better now, but it was a definite scare, and it's going to be a few more weeks at least until his lungs are back to normal.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Garret and kk, my prayers are with you and your loved ones. Having someone you care about get sick is scary. My aunt went to the hospital just recently because she'd had a stroke, she is only 45. And to top it off, she'd only been married for 2 weeks. She is just fine now, but its so hard to see a loved one get hurt.

On a lighter subject. Anybody have bad dating stories? Well I've got one for you. This guy has been trying to ask me out for quite awhile now, but I just wasn't interested. Well tonight I found out that he is 35 years old, divorced, three kids, the oldest of which is 12. I am only 19!
        "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• I haven't been on since the start of November because I am doing NaNo. I probably won't be on many times in November anyway.

My grandmother just got out of the hospital after having surgery to remove the cancer from her colon.

So many people in the hospital. I will pray for all of you.

bookgirl: That's so scary. Sorry I don't have any bad dating stories. Even if I did, I don't think that I could top that one.

Emi: DOn't remind me about college essays and applications. I still have too many to do!

This summer I get to go to Europe with AMA! I'm so excited. Two of my best friends will be going, too. The branch of AMA that I am going with is going to France, Austria, Germany, and Italy. I cannot wait for the summer.
          Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• Kli and Bookgirl: Thanks, guys. *hugs*

Bookgirl: Dating stories? That would be a no...

And yours is...disturbing...
            I think his kids would hate you if you actually went out with him, because you wouldn't have much of an age difference with his oldest kid...yeeesh...
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Best wishes to the people mentioned above to be ill-- I hope you all get better soon! Winter is nasty for that kind of thing, unfortunately.

And on that note, my new psychologist thinks I may have MS along with my bipolar disorder, and is referring me to a general practitioner who has special training in mental health and who can order tests to find out if I do. I did research after he said that, and an alarming number of the symptoms fit me. Which bothers me even more than fibromyalgia as MS treatment mostly involves injections at this point and I HATE NEEDLES. *cringe*
              Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Best wishes to everyone--especially you, Trialia. Hope it turns out not be MS.

Sorry I haven't been on much recently--I'm doing NaNoWriMo and school is starting to turn me inside out. Hopefully (and I know I've said this the last five times I've posted here) I'll be around more soon.

Comment

• Dai stiho everyone! Been a while since I've been on, I was a little upset when I stopped coming on here, but I forget why...must not have been important.

I just got a brand new, pink casio digital camera that I can take pictures AND videos with, and the battery card thing is taking too long to charge... I already installed the entire disk of programs for it onto the computer and read the entire manual (the word manual brings back memories of reading these books...I have to reread them!) only in english though, cuz I am at a complete loss for most of the words in the other 18 languages that are in the manual... but unfortunately, I cannot use any of this newfound information yet, as the card thing is still charging.

Non camera-related life stuff...My life is okay, but a little confusing and hard to keep track of...Sorry, I'm being a little cryptic there, but everyone on here will think I'm a lunatic if I say how non-crazy/normal my problems seem to be.

I hope I get a chance to come back on soon! Dai everyone...sorry if that sounds weird.

Comment

• Geesh I haven't been on here in a longg time.

News?

I have tendonitis in my wrist.

From what? (there's a list)
                    1. NANOWRIMO- don't ask.
                    2. Playing the guitar.
                    3. Texting - can ruin your life. Haha JK.

So, yeah this post is going to be short.

Smile: thanks... Im still waiting to hear from the young americans.

kk: OMG! It's really great that you're there for your friend and her family! I hope all goes well...

Garrett: Speedy recovery for your mother-in-law!!

Kli: that's so scary... I don't know what I'd do.

Mona: I know what you mean about Nano. Haha. And yes I'm going to remind you about college apps... maybe you should send a daily reminder so I can remember to send them out!!

Trialia: I hate needles too!! The irk me to no end.

Gwendi: Cool you got a camera!!

Bookgirl: dating stories?? umm... how about this; I was on a group date with my friends and my sister and this guy that my friends were trying to set me up with to be my prom date. And we agreed to go to prom together but then he blind-sided me by askng if I wanted to "go out with him sometime". I never had a date nor a boyfriend for that matter, so I thought he was asking me if I wanted to hang out with him... not be his _girlfriend_.

We've been together for almost seven months. Haha.

Your story is a little more creepier.

Gotta go now. Wrist is starting to really hurt now. Gah.

Dai stiho.
                    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Trialia- I feel your pain, I hate needles!

Emi- I'm so glad you've had better luck with dating than I have! I'm sorry to hear about the
                      tendonitis, thats no fun, I have the same problem.

Why don't you tell us oh wise Senior members, does the whole dating scene getting any better with age? lol

I guess I can't complain too much, I've been waiting for a missionary and he gets home in just over three months, I haven't seen him for almost two years! (if the whole "waiting for a missionary" thing doesnt make sense to you all, just ask. I'm just not sure what the rules are about religion on this forum....)
                      "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Gwendi: Yay newcameras! I hate the period when it's charging for the first and you really want to use it, but the manual says it will die if you do.

Emi: Tendonitis? Ouch. Hope it feels better after December 1st.

bookgirl: Wow. Two years. Wow. That's incredible...three months must seem like a really long time right now.

Speaking of NaNoWriMo (though I wasn't, really), my word count is in the toilet and I'm going to try and do the five-hour challenge today. I feel really bad because a bunch of my friends are in The Fantasticks, and today is the last day it's showing. But I can't go, because I've been sick for a week and have to do a week of homework + the five-hour word count extravaganza. Whoopee homework.

Comment

• I've had RSI (repetitive stress injury) for almost a decade. Aerobic exercise will heal you faster than all the rest, braces, icepacks, and anti-inflammatories in the world. I think that kind of sucks.

Trialia: do not get me started on cameras. I can talk cameras for days. And I get really boring when I do.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• kli6: That wouldn't be good. Let's talk about something completely different, like fountain pens.

Emi, bookgirl, mona0622, kli: thanks for the good wishes. They never quite nailed down what was wrong with Mum, but they did send her home on Thursday, since she was much improved. She has some meds to take, and she's supposed to eat more healthily -- we'll see what we can do. :-) (Of course, tonight's dinner is glop, so I'm not sure that counts...)

Re: dating -- you know, I never really got into the dating scene in the first place. I met Donna online, so that pretty well sewed things up before I got started. :-)

*is rather annoyed that he has mostly forgotten which Facebook names go with which aliases here*
                            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Garrett: Oh, I've friends who could go on for months (or hours, anyway) about fountain pens.

...oh, and I've mostly managed to avoid Facebook and MySpace. It's only LiveJournal that has me in its power...

kli6: RSI is to be avoided, but I guess you know that. I find the only cure (of sorts) is to Do Something Else™.

Oh, and I got myself a copy of The Magic Toybox from Forbidden Planet yesterday. It seems to contain a story by DD...
                              -- Rick.

Comment

• Garrett, Rick--fountain pen neepery discussion is easily to be had. I sort of got that out of my system, though, by exchanging such neeps with Neil Gaiman over the course of a decade or so.

I am, however, extremely happy that I finally found a misplaced Parker 51. It was the first one I'd ever restored, so it has an extra nostalgic appeal, as well, as being a killer XF writer. Now, if only I could find my lost black Inkograph (sigh). The other two I have don't write as smoothly.

Rick--yes indeed. Do Something Else™ is to be pursued avidly. And that's a fun collection. Oh, reminds me...

Comment

Working...
                                X