No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trilia! Ohmygosh! Hallucinations?! Ohmygosh!!! Mediciiiiiiiinee!!!!!

seabiscuit1009- okay. i officially give up my "most accident prone" title and hand it over to you. enjoy the trophy. It's a person who has just fallen on their butt. =P

SilveredBlue- I *hate* that! Why on earth do we have to analyze books?! What if the author wrote them -god forbid- just because they wanted to write them! Sure, some authors purposefully put in some of that we-need-to-analyze-this crud, but what if some people wrote the book because they're getting paid to? Or wrote it cuz a family member asked them to? Ughhhh that's the WORST thing about English and Lit classes!

Okay so meeeeeee it's 3 in the morning and about an hour ago I got back from a party with my friends... oh my gosh. I missed my people. So much. We watched that movie "Georgia, Thongs & Perfect Snogging," which is based on a series me and my friend absolutely love. And the movie was GREAT! My friend's family is italian, so we had the whole seven-fishes dinner thing. It was... interesting. Needless to say, I did not eat the calamari that was in the pot on our table. Ech. Yuck. I did however, eat some yummy yummy garlic bread, some shrimp, and some darn good pasta.

I am SOOOO happy I'm finally home. <3 <3 <3
    ..................~*Wolf*~..................
    AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
    Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

• Jwiz, Blue, Wolf, thanks for the good wishes.

Wolf, there's nothing they can really give me, and they're just fever hallucinations. I'm used to hallucinating - just not normally visual, only auditory.
      Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• CALAMARI?! I actually love the stuff, if I get it at a restaurant. But a few weeks ago at my Vietnamese friends house, her mom asked if anyone wanted calamari. I said yes, and she made this stuff out of a bag. It was like squid jerky. BLECH! I didn't want to be rude, so I wrapped the bit I was eating in a napkin and slipped it into my pocket. Later that night I remembered I had an important school form in my pocket, so I handed it to my mom, forgetting that the calamari had been in the pocket. She asked me why it smelled like squid! I was like, "Umm..." and I had to recite the whole story.
        "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• My sister keeps trying to make me play ninja attack! HELP!!!!
          "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

• Hah..gotta love squid-smelling forms! Or not. That reminds me of a story...

When I was eleven or so and my sister was nine I played a trick on her using fried calamari. See, she loved onion rings but objected to squid on principle. So I made a huge show of enjoying the calamari (insert munching and smacking sounds here) and then offered her some.

"What is it?" she said suspiciously (she'd been had before.)

"Um- onion rings!" I said happily. She took some and said,

"Yum! These are good onion rings!" At that moment my mom came in and said,

"Emily! I'm glad to see you're trying something new! How do you like calamari?"

Various explosions ensued.

The funny part is that she now loves squid, alive, dead, or fried, and I'm allergic to the stuff. Hah.

Comment

• Oh my god... that's fantastic!

So I just spent pretty much most of the day with my dad, picking out christmas gifts of various sizes and stocking stuffers, as well. Do you guys do stocking stuffers, or just put stuff under the tree?

Comment

• Haha wooow so going waay back (okay, as in like three or four pages), I cannot tell you how excited I was when I saw all that talk about music hahaha

Debussy is probably my favorite composer at the moment. I'm steadily working through the Children's Corner Suite (I've got Jimbo's Lullabye, Golliwogg's Cakewalk, and Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum under my belt). Then I'm also working on Mozart's Twelve Variations on "Ah, Vous Dirai-je, Maman" which is pretty nice. The ornaments are killer, though. They all look deceptively simple, but take a surprising amount of work that I just don't want to put into them now haha and my last one is my crownedddd jewel, to be dramatic.. but it is my favorite. Liebestraume by Liszt. I love it so much, my best friend is rather tired of hearing it and about it. But it IS so beautiful. And the cadenzas are fun And, since it's break, I decided to take a nice break and try something fun-- Cornflake Girl by Tori Amos. Hehehe it's fun, but has a tricky rhythm here and there. It'll be great.

And do I understand about busy choir season-- my highschool choir is relatively reknown in the area, so we performed. All. The. Time. Soprano 1 representin!!

Plus there's the rock/blues/indie/er, other genre? band. Which is beyond fun. Got a glockenspiel for Christmas, itching to use it in a song or two )

So how was everyone's holiday? I know I got a nice white Christmas (something like 20+ inches?) I hope everyone is enjoying their break!

Mel
                just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Gasp! You..got..a glokenspiel? Jealousy! I've been wanting just to SEE one...

And Mozart's ornaments....ugh. On one section of my Mozart concerto, there's this minuet which looks really easy- but it's NOT. I still haven't got all the ornaments down to my sastisfaction, yet it's been two months and I've been practicing two/three hours a day, every day.

Debussy is very fun. I've only played a couple of his preludes, but I love that French Impressionistic era.

What does Liebestraume mean? Love's....something? I played Liebesleid on violin, and I know that means Love's Sorrow.

If you read a few pages back you would have seen that I had a very green Christmas and was lamenting the fac. Just ask Wolf.

Comment

• Oh gosh. So. Much. SNOW!

And walking around is noooot fun. Sure, snow is pretty (the sight of sun reflecting off of snow actually makes me sneeze, fun fact there), snow can be fun for kids, but it is NOT fun to walk in.

I was walking to my friend's the other day, and A- snow banks are NOT solid and B- i hate when like, two houses in a row shovel their sidewalks and then you stop because there's a wall in front of you because someone didn't feel like shoveling THEIR portion of the sidewalk.

Needless to say, I walked in the road most of the time...

Comment

• I find it funny when people talk about all the snow they got. I live right by the ocean, so our snow keeps turning into rain. I have a pond/swamp in my backyard. It makes me sad.
                      The really depressing part is that it hasn't even been getting cold enough to freeze completely, or else we could skate around (or even just slide around).

Hopefully everyone has been enjoying the holidays. My family has been, and everyone is getting along surprisingly well. So well in fact, that I keep waiting for some big argument to explode out of no where. The calm is wreaking havoc on my nerves.

And happy Boxing Day. I hope everyone gave their servants (and for those young enough to be at home this probably was your parents ) a day off.

Comment

• I got a telescope for Christmas! Yayzers! I wanna see the moon and Mars and Venus and Jupiter and it's moons and Saturn and it's rings and Alpha Centauri...and...man am I excited.
                        Last edited by estar9821; August 20, 2011, 08:27:13 PM.
                        "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• Illiriam: It would be cool if your yard froze over - That's happened once or twice to my yard several years ago, and it's a lot of fun. Hint: When sliding around, it's good to have some type of stabilizing device, such as a chair, in front of you so you don't hurt yourself.

estar: Telescope? Ooooh! Those are so much fun! I have two, and I love using them to look at the planets. Jupiter and its moons are so pretty! Saturn is beautiful, too, but harder to find. Venus is pretty easy to see in the night sky, it's really bright.

Almost all of our snow is gone! But maybe we'll get more... Hopefully, we will.

I have gotten into crocheting again, and am currently crocheting an elephant with white yarn. Because my church group is having a white elephant party next week, and I feel like taking things literally. :P
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I went to Connecticut for Christmas, and when we got there, there was 2+ feet of snow, and then on Saturday night it rained and EVERYTHING disappeared

On a happier note, I got a cellphone for Christmas, and I'm really happy!!!! I also got the game Last Word, which is kinda like Scattegories, and I got the game Bananagrams, which is kinda like Scrabble. I also got a suitcase, a gnome, and lots of books....

Speaking of which.....there is an AMAZING independent bookstore right near my Grandma's house, called R J Julia's, which is SUPER cool!!! I could have stayed there for hours (and hours, and hours, and hours.....)

Right now we're frantically packing for South Africa, and I'll post pictures in a few days....there's soooooooo much work to do.....
                            All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• ...I hate migraines. Did I mention that before? loving Yuletide, but hating feeling like my face is going to fall off.
                              Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• South Africa, 96bookworms? Wow! Since you post in English it'd be easy to assume you live in North America or Europe- (although I know those are not the only possible places)- if so, quite a trip.

kk: White elephant....hah! My friend actually did the same thing at one of those parties- she gave this little elephant carved of some sort of white rock. Which, incidentally, was made in South Africa. Coincidence, some say....but nothing's a coincidence, according to YW....*ponders meaning of this* *gives up after two seconds*

Wellllll...I'm looking at this antique-ish music player thing which is shaped like a china girl playing a violin and I laugh every time I see it. Why? Because I play a violin and her arm position is physically impossible. And either her bow is really weird or she's playing her strings with the wood stick, rather than the hair.

And yet she's got this really spoony old-fashioned look like it's the most beautiful music in the world....do you see the hilarity?

Or maybe it's only funny to string players. Oh well.

Off to do my hated physics book. Newton's Laws...bleah. Maybe Neets can stand them, but I can't. Especially the second one.

No offense to the science types. I'm more a music person.

Comment

Working...
                                X