No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello! are we on the topic of school? i just finished my semester exams on friday and am now out until the 3rd.
    <center><p style="font-family:times;font-size:70%">*Lilith*Lil*L*Lex*Lexa*Lexi*Alex*Ayan*Ay ankha*Bryce*Sakura*Lady Black*Niya*Ghost*Lady*Tai*Tig*Tygera*Punk-D*Punkti*K'ra*Sha'uri*Kiara*</p></center>

Comment

• yes, lilith...right now it's usually about school...lucky you. i have my honors english exam tomorrow, and i'm really scared because it's gonna be really hard...

it doesn't really feel like christmas to me, even though said date is a week away. no cold weather down here! it makes me want to scream. no tree yet, either...we need to go get one, like, asap...

i confess...i'm such a bad person...i'm getting a nintendo ds for christmas...i snuck into my dad's closet a couple days ago and found it. i want books, though...screw electronic toys for the moment...
      I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Well, we don't have midterms, but we do have a week more of school. On the plus side, we have a little party with our first grade buddies on wednesday, and friday's a half day filled with movies and junk food. Yay!

On an even brighter side, Saturday was possibly one of the most fun days I will ever have in my life. My mom said so too. It was her birthday. First my aunt and uncle took us out to lunch. Then mom and I rushed downtown (we got stuck in traffic! Eek! We were screaming the whole time, totally freaking out)so we're in this parking lot and it's like 1:56 or something, and the guy is taking his time walking (the show started at 2!!) and so we were like yelling at him, XD. So we just like thrust the keys at him and start running full speed down the street. We get in the theater and the lights are flickering, so we made it just in time. They close the doors after that and don't let _anyone_ in. So, it's like deja vu. This happened when I was 11. We were seeing a certain same play, were rushing toward the theater, actually cut it closer, had to pee reaaaaaallly really badly, and we had like front row seats (we had second row this time, but it was _so_ much better postitioned). So, we saw "The Phantom of the Opera" and By Jove, it was the most excellent play I had ever seen. I was so blown away my legs were quaking. I couldn't really breathe, it was soooooooooooooooooo oagood. Seriously. Just thinking about it is like, wow. The cast was amazing!!

But anyway, afvter that we went to a place called...er, well, a person famous to our city's Fountain. It was cool, homemade ice cream, they made cookies using 100 year old molds they found, and these hard candies. Excellent. Then we went next door to one of America's oldest candy shops. So it was really cool. I <3 my city!

Well, I think that's all for now. *seven days....* :P
        just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Grrr...I just took an hour long nap when I was supposed to be cleaning my room...why am I voluntarily cleaning the garbage pit that is my room, you may be asking. Well, my mom told me that one of my Christmas presents is the I'm getting my room painted. Very cool, but since I'm a packrat, it's proving harder to finish than it seems to be. So much harder that, like, I barely know where to begin. For example, I have a lot of stuff on my floor, which Mom says to put in my closet. Well, what about when I start cleaning my closet, and have to move it all again? And my bookshelf (I have to take it down while painting)-where do I put all these books! And we're running low on boxes at the moment-Dad's school took them all for a service project his class is doing. AND, what the heck do I do with the junk under the bed that I can't throw out (computer boxes, manuals, iPod junk, etc) and that I really don't think I need to keep, but Dad says I should keep? ARGH!!!! Ok, I'm 16, I should be able to do this on my own, but you know what? I wish my mom could come up here and help me out a bit...ok, a lot. I NEED HELP! *is slightly amused by self* I am so not going to survive until Christmas at this rate if I'm freaking out about things this early into break.

Hmm...what else is there to talk about? My friend and I are trying to come up with a new term for "packrats" on aim right now. Funny thing, she's also getting her room painted for Christmas too. Isn't that just...nuts? We just found out right now.

We've decided that we're dragons, since they tend to hoard stuff according to her legends and my copy of SYWTBAW (isn't it great how I'm referring to it without her knowing what the heck I'm talking about? XD) Actually, forget that: we're giant leprechauns who are members of the O'Snapp Clan with dragonish tendancies. Oy...I'm cracking up right now, if you couldn't tell that already.

I really want a cookie now. A Christmas one, a sugar cookie, with sprinkles and icing. Don't I sound a bit weird now? I'll get one on Thursday, since we're having the family cookie party that day. Unless, of course I have to work. I requested off, but...you know what? Because I'm a newbie at work, they don't really seem to notice when I request off. If they made me work Christmas Eve, however, I might quit, since I told them I'm going out of town just to be sure that I'll get off. I'm not really going out of town, but I can't work that day! I'm like at church all day, which isn't a bad thing, but you know, I'd rather not be there all day.

Hmmm...maybe I'll play Sims 2 tonight, since i haven't in a few months. Or not. Oh well...Or clean. Or just go to sleep, which would make sense. Either way, I've got to stop typing now...Just need to sleep for about 3 days. Ok, bye.

Comment

• New people! In the forums, you have to raise the quality of your posts. Because DD pays for the forums herself, by post, we have standards. No one line or short posts. No chatspeak (examples: rofl, ty, cya). Use capitalization and punctuation. Also, you don't have to be a perfectionist, but keep your typos to a minimum. I hate to sound like a nag, but we have rules. There's an extended set of rules, guidelines, etc, in another part of the forums (I think in the Newbie Help Zone).

Now that I've got that out of the way...

Christmas is in six days! I can hardly beleive it; it seems like it's coming so fast. The only downside is that the break is only a week long ( big ) and that some of my teachers are planning on piling on the homework, such as, of course, my AP teachers. They make me want to throw things!

Happy Hannaka! I know hannaka isn't as important of a holiday as Christmas, but it's really neat anyway. I got to stay with a Jewish friend for a day on the weekend. They made latkes, which are like potatoe pancakes that we piled apple sauce and brown sugar onto. + Dreidel. I haven't played dreidel since I was in elementary school. I like winning candy. :P

It's _warm_. And it's _December_. I guess we're not gonna get a white Christmas this year. :/ At this rate, we probably won't have a white _anything_.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Wooooooooooow, I haven't been here in a while. But it wasn't my fault! My mom decided to ground me for forever, for no reason! Well, there might've been a tiny little reason... But anyway!

I am so excited. Christmas is coming up! Two more days of school! I didn't have any homework tonight! I am really spaz-happy today. Like in Algebra, I started laughing at the most stupid things. I was laughing my head off, and this guy goes, "Mrs. Long? I think we'll have to take Olivia to the Emergency room, cause she's going to die laughing." I don't know why, but that just made me laugh a lot harder. Then, we had to do a practice test, but we got to do it OUTSIDE. And, we could sit WHEREVER WE WANTED. That was really awesome, cause six of us all sat at this huge picnic table and gave each other the answers and joked around. One guy was worried about getting a splinter in his butt, so he sat on top of the table. We all said, "Um, the top of the table is just as wooden as the seat. You could get a splinter there too." So he covered the bench-a-mabob with leaves before sitting down. I don't know, I just thought that was really funny.

But yeah. I've recently gotten into The Hush Sound, and I bought So Sudden on iTunes. So far, my favorites have been The Artist, Momentum, Carry Me Home, My Apologies, and Weeping Willow. I also bought Wine Red and Don't Wake Me Up, and I love those too. I've only been listening to The Hush Sound, over and over and over again.

Also, I NEED a new iPod. I mean NEED. Mine's 2GB, or in other words, there's space for 500 songs. I got mine almost a year ago, and as of a few days ago, I have... 500 songs. Mom says "Delete some! You can't possibly listen to all 500 songs!" Well, yes I can. And I do. So there.

Alrighty, I think I'm done for the day. Man, it's good to be back.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------
              Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
                New people! In the forums, you have to raise the quality of your posts. Because DD pays for the forums herself, by post, we have standards. No one line or short posts. No chatspeak (examples: rofl, ty, cya). Use capitalization and punctuation. Also, you don't have to be a perfectionist, but keep your typos to a minimum. I hate to sound like a nag, but we have rules. There's an extended set of rules, guidelines, etc, in another part of the forums (I think in the Newbie Help Zone).
                yes... I read those. It will take me a while to get into grammar nazi mode. I usually ignore that part of my higher brain function online. Though, I'm not sure how much more I could have said without changing the topic, and since I am new, I'm not sure what topics are safe to discuss.

So... While we are on the topic of school, what kind of stupid and totally random games do you guys play with your friends in class/during lunch/ect.?
                <center><p style="font-family:times;font-size:70%">*Lilith*Lil*L*Lex*Lexa*Lexi*Alex*Ayan*Ay ankha*Bryce*Sakura*Lady Black*Niya*Ghost*Lady*Tai*Tig*Tygera*Punk-D*Punkti*K'ra*Sha'uri*Kiara*</p></center>

Comment

• Hmmm... Well, at my school we do what ever we feel like I guess. I usually come here. My school can be really boring.
                  ANyhow, Today I had a Sign final which was easy because the classes made the test, literally. It took me, like, twenty minutes. The wording got a little odd sometimes, but it was not too hard. Tomorrow, my English final is due so I have to work on that.
                  We did a secret santa gift exchange at lunch today and I got this CUTE little teddy bear (whom is sitting next to the key board watching me) and a fifteen dollar Border's gift card! Very nice. And in like, ten minutes, our AVID teacher is having us do a hwite elephant gift exchange. So that means I have to go.
                  Bye all! Merry Christmas. Happy Hanaka (sp?). Feliz navida(sp?). I need to learn how to spell these things.
                  "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• I'm back! mwahahhahahaha! and sadly, absolutely nothing has happened on my sites in my absense...*sighs* we really need more members...*goes off to catch up here, where things DID happen in my absense.*
                    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• If your really curios, all that has happened is a lot of drama that I choose not to talk about. But, if you go into chat maybe you will catch another argument. I was in one recently, it wasn't fun.
                      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

• i was witness to chat argument, too. you're right, spyells, it is not very fun...

we finally got the acursed wifi up in our house! that's where i am now, being lazy and enjoying the second full day of Christmas Break. i spent Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning at my friend's house, watching movies and eating junk food.

me and keri went home with her after the English final an date lunch, then went outside to shoot bibi guns at stuff from the recycling bin. we saved the pumpkin for when my sister came from basketball practice and went inside, ate warm chocolate chip cookies, and went upstairs to watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame. after some of that we left to go see Eragon...pretty good movie, i thought, but i didn't read the book...

after that, my sis came home with us, we finished the movie, ate dinner, and went outside to shoot the pumpkin with arrows and the bibi gun, which was TONS of fun! then we went inside and ate marshmallows and pudding cones before watching The Phantom of the Opera in my friend's room (great movie, by the way). after that we watched Mulan II (cheesiest movie ever made) and went to sleep at around one in the morning. hilarious fun.

but now, i'm really bored, with nothing to do. my sister is at basketball practice, so my coconspirator is AWOL. the team lost horribly in the second half yesterday, so practice is gonnna be...well...you can probably guess. this is the one thing i hate about vacations-- you can get really bored sometimes...
                        I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• i spent yesterday trying to set up a new anti-virus provider. My old one expired, so decided to switch, which was a really good move, because now I can access the chat area yay!!

I also spent yesterday cleaing my room. My desk is officially organized, but I still need to work on my dresser and bedside table. Plus alot of the crap on my desk relocated to my book case, and needs to b relocated somewhere else. *sigh* I have too much junk....

and then there's what i really want to do... i'm waay behind on uploading my art to deviantArt... i haven't uploaded anything new in forever, not that i've been drawing lately. But I also found a whole bunch of art that i had meant to upload like 18 months ago.... and I still have to colour them in Photoshop... teo weeks is not gonna be enough time...

Comment

• Et tu, Brute?
                            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• as long as your in the habit of sending snow mousey, why don't you send me some? i'm in newyork, and it's HOT over here some days! we haven't gotten an ounce of snow yet!

----
                              Oh, eff, eff, EFF!
                              I am such a freakin' BAKA! Falling asleep half an hour before the DD chat, and PM's not even sure if there'll be a transcript! WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME?? Is it FUN to spite me? Is it AMUSING to get my hopes up, then send them crashing? IT'S NOT FUNNY, DAMNIT!

... Yeah.

So I fell asleep, missed the DD chat, and now I'm really annoyed at the universe in general. Watch where you step if you don't want to be cremated.
                              At least you HAD hope! i wasn't even on the comp, and not allowed on the site for a chat anyways...*sighs* oh well...

[editd to consolidate double-post, and fix quote tag. --kli]
                              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• 6 statements of TRUE randomness:

1. stop running around like a purple marshmallow-me
                                2. STRAWBERRIES-I DO NOT TRUST YOU!!!-my friend
                                3. the moon is made of raviolli-my other friend
                                4. I will form a chocolate puddle!-my friend
                                5. I can't believe he didn't have pointy ears!!-my other friend
                                6. The one witht the tuba looks cute-my friend's mom
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X