• kk,

You have my sincere sympathy.

Take care.
    Selden

Comment

• Hi! um, this is a bit of a shock
      nice, but a bit of a shock

KK, I am so sorry

I hope you are doing okay, and I wish you and your family the best.

I don't have any time at the moment - I have massive loads of work to do, and I have stuff to o to after school today too! And I'm already exhausted.

So I'll try to be back later, but might not get on much for the week - it's already set up to be full of work

And Zirsta? that's really cool, we never had something like that
      "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• kk, you have my sympathies too. :-(

And for those who were wondering why I couldn't see the ToGR when everyone else could, it was because I had threaded mode turned on for reading. Now that I'm using Linear mode again, it works fine.
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Hi, everyone!

Here's my first post in the reincarnated TTOGR.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday! We had our dinner at my house. My mom's mom rode down with my mom's sister and her husband and we had dinner with them. After dinner, my sister, her boyfriend (who is also my cousin's best friend) and his brother, and two of my second cousins came over for a while. I had a really nice night.

It had been getting cold for a while here... below freezing for several days. Now it's warm again, and it was rainy the past few days. That's New England erratic weather for you. I wish the snow would come; I love snow.

See you around!
          "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Blah, I wrote up a long post in another browser and lost it. Sadness. Am going to test posting this then come back and edit 'cause of that.

You have my sympathy kk.

Sadness on not being able to load TOGR with threaded or hybrid mode. I guess I'll stay with linear then just so I can read TOGR.

I like the change for the forums, though it will take a while to stop automatically typing .net or autocompleting to .net. I was trying this on a different browser and kept accidentally typing youngwizards.net/forums. Oops.

Okay, it does let me post and doesn't log me out in firefox like it was doing in links. Would tell me I was logged in and if I tried to post would fail. I wanted to know if I could actually post in a text-based browser if I felt like it and it was seeming like I could but wasn't working quite right.

What else had I mentioned...

Thanksgiving. I had two of them again this year - Thursday with my family, Friday with my boyfriends. I made meringues for my familiy's 'cause my Grandmother used to make them for every holiday. They came out well, it made me happy. His family's had lots of good vegetarian food, only the turkey wasn't vegetarian and the stuffing was specifically made to be the main vegetarian thing unlike how most people make non-vegetarian friendly stuffing .

Classes. They're insane. Taking multiple classes which want to be your only hard class at the same time while taking more classes than normal load is totally a good idea. Really. It's been fun at least.
            Midterms were a pain. I did horrible on one , but the class didn't do much better so I've not actually even made it impossible to get an A, just basically so. Wasn't expecting an A at least.
            Other midterm was rediculous. People were leaving saying they think they got a zero, or that they hadn't touched one of the three questions. The first question was trivial to me and I barely got anything on the other two. Yesterday he told us that one person got 30/50 points and most people didn't get near that. He then gave us the midterm again and told us it was due in a week, though if we didn't want to retake it for some reason that'd be fine. We'd been guessing as we left our grades and I guessed 12-13. I got double that somehow and today people were saying they think that my 25 may have been the second highest grade in the class. Am not sure how I did that well, though I also don't understand how people got 0 (which I know of someone getting).

My boyfriend has to write at least a 20 page paper,maybe 40, for 4 pm tomorrow. I just realized it was that soon that he needed to get it in. meep. I think he has like 2 pages before today and a bunch of research done.

Need to find my project topics. Roommate gave me a few for one of them and I have a list from professors for the other. Am planning on starting the project you need to do in major next term and doing that for 4 terms and then after one semester next year graduating. Need to choose the topic still though. Just know it'll be something in both math and cs and graph theory related. A friend wants to work with me as an ISP for him and do work on Ramsey graphs, though I'm not sure what the professors would think of that. This project is going to be a 4 term (so year long) project.

Then the term after that I have another project I need to also be doing at that time. This one's a 7 week project which involves basically writing a large research paper on something related to the humanities classes you've taken. Needs to have original work as well. Like people have done things like, write about the use of music in storytelling, and boyfriend is currently writing about comparing DaVinchi and modern day makers. I need to come up with some topic to write about which connects 5 classes, or at least relates to one. Connecting the 5 would be better though (intro to philosophy, philosophy and the environment, two american literature classes, and history of the american industrial revolution). Have been suggested to maybe look into something like, Do endagered species matter? or How has people's view of conservation changed over some period of time? Am not sure. Would be interesting to do something related to interactions between animals and people in a weird way. Like the whole people and animals communicating through music. But need a big enough topic at the same time.

I think that's everything I can think of right now. Will head off and maybe do homework now.

Oh yeah, one last thing, it snowed! Didn't stick and wasn't long and started raining after , but it did finally. And I just want it to actually snow for real. Even Boston got snow before we did.

Editing to test if I can post in links, trying again. That's all the reason this edit is happening
            Last edited by Tuttle; December 3, 2008, 06:13:59 PM. Reason: continuing post
            We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• Crap. I just typed up my entire post when my dog decided to jump on my lap and then my keyboard, deleting the entire thing. Lovely.

kk: I'm very sorry.

Tuttle: Meringues? I'm impressed. And you should know that you're making me be very afraid of college. Eep.

It snowed here the other night! I was so surprised--usually, southern Missouri doesn't get snow until late December or January, if at all. Yay. I have a huge sore throat, though, and I'm losing my voice. This is especially ungood because I have a speech and debate tournament this weekend where I have to...you know...speak. Eloquently, even. It's not strep, though, so hopefully I'll get better before Friday.

Have to go do homework now. I think all the teachers are realizing how far they are behind schedule and how much more they meant to have done before Christmas. Whoopee.

Comment

• kk: My condolences. I hope you and your family copes well.

Oh wow! I like the new forums!

I can type again... with both hands! Woo! My tendonitis is slowly fading away. Thank goodness. I thought I was going to die. Haha. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish my story for NANO. Oh well, I got next year.

Tuttle: 20 page paper? Maybe 40? Is that something I get to look forward to in college next year? Haha.

I'm so happy, I finished all of my apps and sent them out. It's just up to my school to send out the transcripts and recommendation letters to the school. So, now I get to patiently wait for the accepting or rejecting letters. (Hopefully accepting)

I found out when I'm getting the letter from the Young Americans... I'll be getting it two weeks from now. It's been so long! Haha.

Oh, it snowed... *shivers* I nearly died driving on the road this morning because of the black ice. Can I just say that I hate Anti-Lock Brakes? They scare the heck out of me... I hate it. Haha, can never say it enough. I don't like the way it "vibrates" under your foot when you're braking and then it feels like it's NOT slowing down.

But it snowed, and that marks the beginning of winter (for me). I'm going to start snowboarding this winter, because I'm not playing basketball. So, this should be interesting.

Well, I don't really have much to update, besides the fact I can type again.
                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Randomness

It has been WAY too long since I've done a good random string of words. Shall I? Of course, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this.

AWESOMENESS 42! I <3 42! BIRTHDAY PARTY!!! WOOT! TWILIGHT SPOOFNESS!GERMAN PROJECT SPANISH CLASS

Comment

• kk, my thoughts are with you.... I'm sorry for you... I know how it feels, I lost three grandparents within one year when I was younger, and lost the last one last November just before Thanksgiving.

On a good note for me, I was informed this last weekend that I'm going to be an aunt yet again, probably to the fourth boy in the family between my two sisters (no girls yet, and I'm not married yet to have any of my own) I have to say that living with my sister and her kids is an educational experience, and there are DEFINITE times I would like to have magic to do everything.

Hope I'm not wildly off topic, I just started reading near the end....
                    There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                    "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

• OT and college apps

Originally posted by Stormwind View Post
                      Hope I'm not wildly off topic, I just started reading near the end....
                      This is the Topic of Great Randomness. There's no such thing as "off topic" here.:-)

Hey, has everyone seen the John Williams Star Wars a capella tribute? :-)
                      -----
                      Originally posted by Emi View Post
                      I'm so happy, I finished all of my apps and sent them out. It's just up to my school to send out the transcripts and recommendation letters to the school. So, now I get to patiently wait for the accepting or rejecting letters. (Hopefully accepting)
                      Where are you applying, Emi?
                      Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 4, 2008, 03:33:27 PM. Reason: avoiding double post
                      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald View Post
                        Where are you applying, Emi?
                        An "arts" school in Boston, an arts school in North Carolina and a school here in New Hampshire. All of them have art programs.

I'm crossing my fingers that I get accepted to a school out-of-state. I know most of the kids in my class are probably going to in-state and possibly to the one I applied to. I want to be able to start fresh when I go to college and meet new people. So I don't want to go somewhere everyone is going to.

Stormwind: Congrats!

Gwendi: The number 42 is awesome. But my favorite is 17.
                        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• 17 is okay too. Since most of the Cullens are 17, it's now my second favorite number. Yes, I am completely Twilight obsessed right now, partially because most of my friends are, and partially because I like stuff about vampires. 42 is still my favorite though.

Comment

• Wow.... way different. I like it! ok... as for the updates in my life.
                            Just finished two different plays. One was a scene from the play "A View from the Bridge" (has anyone here read it?) turned out amazing! I was lucky enough to work with some incredibly talented actors. And... (I have to have a brag moment here) this was the first time that the heads of the theatre department have seen me perform in anything. In my notes, Tracy, the department head over acting, said that she thought I was "beautiful and talented"!!! Needless to say, I'm freaking happy about that. The other play was for a church thing, a musical based on the parable of the ten virgins. Turned out pretty good, considering most the cast members had never been in a play before.

I also found out that I will get to talk to my boyfriend when he calls home on Christmas. Can't wait, I haven't talked to him except for letters for just over a year and a half!

Finals are next week (ugh). I only have two of them, but they're going to be tough. I have two major papers due tomorrow, one of them is an 8 page research paper.

It hasn't snowed here yet, which is really ridiculous, I mean I live in Utah. We're supposed to have "the best snow on earth". THe And its December. No snow. Usually we have snow around halloween, so its really weird that we haven't gotten anything yet.

Anyway, hope you all are having a good week! Dai!
                            "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Lol. I live in Minnesota and we have a nice dusting every morning. But it's not that cold so not much of it lasts through the day.

Sigh, I don't have any finals yet, and I don't want to think about them!

And are there any Stargate Atlantis fans here? THE LAST SEASON!!! NOOO!!! erhm... *collects self*

*sniff*
                              ---------------------------
                              I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

• Originally posted by Not So Silent One View Post
                                And are there any Stargate Atlantis fans here? THE LAST SEASON!!! NOOO!!! erhm... *collects self*
                                Only as far as being a Firefly fan will get me. I really loved that scene where they were stuck in the pit -- especially when it ended with the sound of millions of geeks screaming in frustration. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X