Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garrett:
    Originally Posted by Glede:
    Oh and Nelina. You shouldn't do two posts, it costs DD more money. If you want to add more then click the Edit button.
    I don't think that applies for the new board, but let's keep behaving like it does: it's probably a good habit to be in.
    Besides, two posts in a row by the same person is annoying, when they could have just edited the old one. Unless they're bumping an old thread.

Does it really work differently here? That's good

I've discovered that I'm getting much better at drawing at the moment. Its freaking me out a little bit. I used to be really bad. My avatar was my best piece of work, but I've been drawing character pictures for my gaming group (at least the two relatively easy human characters so far, I don't know if I'm quite up to the half dragon...), and the just keep getting better and better. I should try and do some YW fanart again at some point. Anyone have any (easy) suggestions that I could try to draw?

I'm going away to Noosa for a couple of weeks in a couple of days Yay! Holiday! I'll get to go fishing, kayaking, shopping... and following my brother and cousin around the Eumundi markets as they make idiots of themselves. Should be fun. I haven't been able to go for two years, because I've been working. For those not familiar with Australian Geography, Noosa is on the Sunshine Coast, just north of Brisbane. The only annoying thing about it, is that the fishing is never any good; the river gets overfished, and the bar is too dangerous to navigate unless you really know what you're doing (the sand bars shift so quickly that the can't chart them properly).

Comment

• Glede: It's about a boy who has to travel through time to prevent his own death... It's awesome! The game is played from the perspective of the boy (his name is Eike) and there's a bunch of problem solving and such, that you have to finish so that you can win the game, and...stay alive. You get to make different choices, and you can end up with a different ending each time you play... It's fun!

Wow, life is interesting!

Gee, that was random...
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Wow, these new boards look really great....

I went bowling -when was it? - on Friday night, I believe, with my cousin, his new wife, my other cousins, my aunt, and my uncle, and my little sis. It was pretty fun. I was horrible, like, embarrassingly so, but I still had fun. I think it should become a tradition or something, we were pretty crazy about it.

kk: it is the topic of great randomness... so you're just in the spirit of the topic! lol

I went book shopping today - bought THREE NEW BOOKS! And tomorrow, the third in this series I've been reading comes out, so I'm catching the bus back into Stockton to buy it and maybe another one or two. Or maybe I'll buy it, and then go to the movies with my nephew and little sis. I haven't decided. I promised the little guy (nephew) to take him and Lauren (little sis) to see that Bolt movie, and we haven't yet.
        "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Eric: If Wii Bowling does indeed count, then I last bowled in October as opposed to who-knows-when.

alla: I wouldn't know as I can't draw at all, but perhaps Filif would be easy(ish). If you do draw some YW fanart, I'd love it if you'd post it here kthnxbai. Have fun on holiday!

kk: That sounds fascinating! I might actually have to try it...

jwiz: Book shopping? Ooh, I'm jealous. I really need to go to Borders because I'm having withdrawal symptoms and also have a $20 gift card. The closest one is two hours away, though...I live in a small town.

I'm not sure what else to say...I'm doing a re-read of Narnia at the moment, and I'm on The Horse and His Boy. I also made some more progress on my outlining today; I now have only two chapters left. Then I can start on biology...urgh...I should probably go to bed now, as I have three hours of choir practice tomorrow. <--Is that a choir smilie I see? It IS! Well, at at least it looks like one. Dai, everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by kk View Post
            Glede: It's about a boy who has to travel through time to prevent his own death... It's awesome! The game is played from the perspective of the boy (his name is Eike) and there's a bunch of problem solving and such, that you have to finish so that you can win the game, and...stay alive. You get to make different choices, and you can end up with a different ending each time you play... It's fun!

Wow, life is interesting!

Gee, that was random...
            This is the topic of Great Randomness... And that book sounds really interesting. I might have to check it out at the local bookstore, or maybe the library... idk.

Originally posted by jwiz
            Wow, these new boards look really great....

I went bowling -when was it? - on Friday night, I believe, with my cousin, his new wife, my other cousins, my aunt, and my uncle, and my little sis. It was pretty fun. I was horrible, like, embarrassingly so, but I still had fun. I think it should become a tradition or something, we were pretty crazy about it.

I went book shopping today - bought THREE NEW BOOKS! And tomorrow, the third in this series I've been reading comes out, so I'm catching the bus back into Stockton to buy it and maybe another one or two. Or maybe I'll buy it, and then go to the movies with my nephew and little sis. I haven't decided. I promised the little guy (nephew) to take him and Lauren (little sis) to see that Bolt movie, and we haven't yet.
            I hate it when you use my real name, sis. It's embarrassing. And I was there when we bowled. And I agree we should make it tradition. It was f'n hilarious. Crazy? Crazy doesn't even begin to describe what that bowling night was. It was more along the line of wierdly insane or something like that.

lol.

Wii Bowling counts I think. If it doesn't then my nephew has never bowled before.
            "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
            "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
            "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
            "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

• Oh my gosh, this is the first time I've ever seen the TOGR near the bottom of the New Posts. I can't believe that the TOGR isn't in the most viewed or the most popular threads on the index either. It's shocking, really.

I love this smiley This is the first time I've seen it. Ooooh! there's a yawn too? That is me, all the way. I am so tired, from using my new rollerskates yesterday. I only fell 3 times because I've rollerskated before. I can never figure out whether to say "rollerskate" or "rollerblade", can someone please help me? My favorite smiley remains though, i don't know why. Where did the dead horse smiley go? I was getting used to it being there. I have a suggestion too. Maybe this could be merged with the horse and have the violin person riding the horse. Stupid idea? Yeah...I know, it's just a random thought.

I'm bored. I'm playing World of Warcraft right now, but I got bored so I came on here. I can't think of anything else to say besides I can't think of anything else to say, so dai!

Comment

• eowyn: I do suppose we are indeed siggy-impaired. Whatever shall we do!? And no you are not the only one who hasn't gone bowling in the past week. In fact, I don't even remember the last time I went bowling. It must have been several years ago with my cousin or something of the sort...

Cress: Your latin teacher sounds amazing. I am jealous. My school has "onesie wednesdays" in which footie pajamas are highly recommended... Though I've never see any teachers partake in it
                I have three cats too, and I love them quite a bit. One is very fat, one is a drama queen, and the last is quiet and black.
                And I too have a friend who can solve Rubiks cubes in close to 30 seconds... She's insane. Also I once saw a guy on a bus doing it without looking, and he was making all these weird patterns I hadn't seen before... it was crazy.

I can't do Rubiks cubes. They're too frustrating to figure out and it takes too long.
                (I've never been once for patience)

Eric: The warm weather freaks me out too .

Alla: The vacation sounds nice... And I find that the more you draw the better you get.

Gwendi: I think "roller skates" implies that there are two rows of wheels, and "roller blades" means that there's only one in the middle? That might be totally wrong... if it made any sense to begin with...

And while my nap was successful I am now hungry...

*wanders off to find food.*

and that was my 100th post! What a round number!

Comment

• Nella:
                  Gwendi: I think "roller skates" implies that there are two rows of wheels, and "roller blades" means that there's only one in the middle? That might be totally wrong... if it made any sense to begin with...
                  Yep thats it Rollerblades have 'inline' wheels (and may be referred to as 'inline skates') They also have brakes at the back (on the heel). Roller skates (also called 'quad skates') have two pairs of wheels side by side, and the brake on the toe. Oh, and on a Google search, 'Rollerblade' is actually a brand name.

Leah: What on earth is 'onesie wednesdays'? What's a 'onesie'?

Comment

• YES! SMILEYS! Eisley is a band...and they're completely amazing. Everyone should go to youtube and check them out. Hehe, too much smiley fun.
                    My Latin teacher is amazing...hehe, y'alls is jealous. I love onesies. (they're a kind of pajama btw that is all one piece. And they have feet. Hehe)
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• I haven't seen onsie PJs in forever! Haha, I used to love those... I remember I had like a pair for each day of the week.

I was quite depressed today... I used to bus rides on my ten-ride pass to go to Stockton and B&N to get my book that came out today. I pre-ordered it and everything. And... they ended up not having had any of the books shipped in yet! I was quite upset (though I didn't show it; it wasn't really any workers' faults). So the gal told me to call tomorrow and see it they have it, then come.

But I did go to the movies with my sis and nephew. (By the way LAUREN... I'll call ya what I want, so take a chill pill. And LANGUAGE!) We saw Bolt, like I promised the nephew we would. It was pretty good; I usually don't get too into those movies these days, but I was laughing. Bolt, the dog, once asked Mittens, the cat if he "needed blood". I like, fell sideways. No one else was really laughing, but I could barely stay quiet about it. *shrugs*

AND. My older sister finally found out the gender of her baby... and it's a girl!!! Justin, my nephew is kind of disappointed, but he liked seeing the sonagram or whatever it's called. I guess they got it in 3-D, and he told me she was "waving at him, then shaking her legs around."
                      "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Cress described onesies very well... except they don't necessarily need to be pajamas... If an article of clothing is all one piece and in a jumpsuit fashion then it's a onesie. And my school has a tradition kind of thing where anyone who wants to can wear a onesie on Wednesdays. We also have pajama monday and fancy fridays...

I think its fancy fridays... I haven't seen that put to use for a while...

Massachusetts is getting snowed on again. Squee! I'm excited! Except I'm out of state so I can't properly enjoy it yet. oh well...

jwiz: Sorry to hear about your book thing that can be really frustrating...

Happy New Year to everyone!

Comment

• Nella: I suppose we'll just have to live with our disability. And I'm fairly sure you're correct about the rollerskates/blades...it seems logical, anyway. Happy snow!

jwiz: A onesie for each day of the week! I'm jealous. I think the last time I had a onesie was when I was six or seven. I miss them.

Happy New Year! I was kind of disappointed because I couldn't find any Central Standard Time New Year's shows on the telly--just re-runs of the Carson Daly special, and such. It's really too bad, because the only time I watch TV for any extended amount of time (except for when I'm sick and not allowed to read) is on New Year's. I had a quiet New Year's Eve. My mom and I went to go so Madagascar 2 (which was hilarious), then came home and watched The West Wing, courtesy of Netflix. Best show ever.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful 2009 so far!

Comment

• So here is a bit of randomness for you. I went and saw Twilight for the second time yesterday (and actually enjoyed it this time) and this question came to mind. If a vampire is "dead" would their hair still grow?
                            "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Originally posted by bookgirl View Post
                              So here is a bit of randomness for you. I went and saw Twilight for the second time yesterday (and actually enjoyed it this time) and this question came to mind. If a vampire is "dead" would their hair still grow?
                              Glad you liked the movie! And... um, about your question. Hmm. I... can't think of an answer. Uh... I'm not sure.

Okay, so New Year's was AWESOME! I spent the night at my BFFE's and it was insanity. She has like three younger siblings and two older brothers. And one of our other friends family, they usually go over to my friends house often, came over too. But it was SO funny. We started a Tickle-War.

I am so ticklish, all you have to do is put your finger an inch from me skin and I'll start laughing. Poke me and I'll squeal. Tickle me and I'll scream. Yes, I said (wrote?) scream.

But our friend, we call him Leo, was like just sitting there playing the Game Cube. Somehow the topic of ticklishness came up and that's when the war started. We all attacked Leo and started tickling him. And when other ran off, going to go tickle other people, I was the only one tickling him. My BFFE was laughing her butt off, too busy to tickle him. But I finally stopped when he told me too. So we just sat there for a few moments, watching him play. But then I started teasing him, saying stuff like: "Wow, Leo. I've never seen you laugh so much!" and "Leo, who ever knew you were ticklish!" or "It's a miracle. Your laughing in front of us!" He actually blushed!

But I had to say that I was so ticklish all you had to do was poke me and I'd squeal. And so guess what he does.

I'll just tell you.

He pokes my side. I squeal loudly and fall backwards on him. It was kinda funny. He was all like: "...Ugh..." And I was all: "OMG! I'M SOOOO SORRY!" and my BFFE was all: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

But then he got back up with this evil glint in his eye and stared tickling me so much I started to get tears in my eyes. Then we both stopped and got the little kids. (His family is big too. He has two little sisters and a younger brother. All in all, there was too many people crowded in that small house. But it was okay. )

Then when it was midnight we were all hugging. But Leo was i the corner still playing the stupid GameCube! So I skipped over there, tripped, laughed, got up and gave him a hug even though he said; "Don't give me a hug!" It was awesome.

Oh, and I can make people smile! I just have to say stuff like :Your smiling! I see it starting in the corner of your mouth! Oh, there it is! Ha ha, your smiling!" It's so funny. Really, it is!

It was a great night!

How was your guy's New Years?
                              "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                              "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                              "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                              "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

• kk, Glede: Glad you had a good New Year's!

bookgirl: Oh my gosh...you have raised a whole new question. Hm. Do vampires need haircuts? I don't think they would--though I think I've heard somewhere that people's hair continues to grow for a little while after they die, but I'm not sure about that. Perhaps they'd just be stuck with the hairstyle/length they died in. I'd imagine that'd get a bit boring...I don't know; perhaps their hair does grow after all. On that note, do vampires clip their fingernails? Theoretically, of course. I love questions like this. You've just made my day about ten times better.

My day was fabulous. I slept till nearly noon, then went to my grandma's to have black-eyed peas, turnip greens, and cornbread (my family's New Year's tradition). Then we went to a friend's house--and this friend happened to have a Wii, so that's basically all I did all afternoon. I hardly ever get to play Wii, so when I do I play for hours. This is probably very bad for me, but I don't care. I love Wii Sports, Wii Fit and Wii Music. *hugs Wii* And I'm actually really good at boxing and tennis, which is exciting because I'm horrible at sports in real life. I'd never played Wii Music before today and was thrilled to find that there's a handbell game on there! I love being in handbell choir in school, so it was great fun to see how horrible I was at Wii handbells.

Ow...my back hurts really badly from boxing so much...I got halfway to 'pro' level in a few hours. I was going to play until I lost, but I my mom got tired and made me come home. Meh. So I have no idea what I actually could've done. 'Twas fun, and I think I'm going to get to go redeem my Borders card this weekend, so I'm not complaining.

Dai

Comment

Working...
                                X