No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am nowhere near caught up on SGA. And I'm looking a little askance at SG:Universe, because I got sick of endless grey walls from ST:Voyager and so the only ship I can really get excited about is a TARDIS. Also, my music teacher is Captain Janeway. I have our yearbook survey as proof.

Here I am, marvelling at the statement on my tofu dessert cup which reads "EASY PEEL".

Our World History teacher lectured us on the need for sleep and eating snacks throughout the day (which is ironic considering that we call midnight an early night and half our classes are in lab rooms- no food). It was pretty surreal. I doubt many of us could make the 10:30 bedtime prescribed. But some of us might try, given that all of us are extremely depressed over our research paper (two weeks left!!!) and the English IBs' World Lit paper and the discussions on the inevitability of total war and it's not been a nice year at all, no. Didn't pass the 10K mark in NaNo either.

Re. new forums: *waves* I don't have much preference between this one or the old one. Except maybe the logo- I miss the one with the Manual.

It's 9:30. I should really go and figure out witty captions for the yearbook page.
    -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Traveller with Magic View Post
      I don't have much preference between this one or the old one. Except maybe the logo- I miss the one with the Manual.
      If you go in to your User CP and lick "Edit Options" under the Settings and Options category and scroll all the way down, you'll find a drop-down menu for skins; the "Vacation 01 with Manual" might suit you.

I personally recommend Blueworld Fixed and Clean Blue.

Ahh, the weekend.... I might be having my friend over for the night, and then I'll probably go to my grandfather's tomorrow night and help my uncle paint. My grandfather's getting exterior renovation w/new windows, and the old trim couldn't be pried off and needed to be ripped apart, so we have to paint/stain/whatever the new trim.
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• I'm so sorry to hear that, kk. I hope things go well with your trip.

I used to be a Stargate Atlantis fan. A while ago. Before Dictator Mallozzi decided that making me puke, killing off my favourite character and calling me and my friends lemmings for being unhappy about it all were good things to do.
        Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Emi: Thanks!

Not So Silent One: I KNOW!!! How dare they!!! All those cute men and they have the bad taste to remove it... I'm so going to miss it.

Garrett: Lol, It was reaaaallllyyy early in the morning when I posted that about wildly off topic, forgetting I was in the TOGR..... No wonder my magic has been slipping.... (hits head against palm)
          There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
          "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

• Sounds like you need a vacation. Have you tried applying for a wizards' exchange problemprogram yet? (I made that typo by accident, and thought that given what happened with Nita and Kit, it might have been correct the first time.)
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald View Post
              Sounds like you need a vacation. Have you tried applying for a wizards' exchange problemprogram yet? (I made that typo by accident, and thought that given what happened with Nita and Kit, it might have been correct the first time.)
              Yes I need a vacation. I was right in the middle of Hurricane Ike and his aftermath, and this weekend is only the second weekend off I've had since that September day (I know, what wizard really has a day off)
              As for the problemprogram, I'd love it, but being out of school, such isn't available... though moving because of work was...
              There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
              "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

• Originally posted by EricG1793 View Post
                you'll find a drop-down menu for skins
                I found it later that day...eventually xD I quite like Silver Legacy, actually.

On SGA: What- who was killed off? Wait, I thought Dr. Weir- you know what, I'll find out on my own.

It's funny how the subject that won't be counted in my university entrance average is the one that's causing me the most stress.
                -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• I was glancing at the formats, and then used the little scroller on my mouse to go back up to my post, and it changed the format! And deleted my post. It'll be shorter now - I don't have much time. *note to self - be careful!* So hi!

I like the new forums - they are growing on me (not that I didn't like them - but I like them more) I haven't looked at all the format options yet - more just appeared.

I have some good news - anyone remember the woman I mentioned who has breast cancer? My friends mom... She is doing a lot better! Everyone is confident, and though she is still going to go through chemo, everything is looking good. I hadn't gotten muh news of her up till now. I can understand why my friend just wouldn't want to talk about it, sometimes.

I've been working on an art project for what seems like forever - it's basically houses in a tree. We had to do something with buildings for art, but I don't like cities too much - so I put them in a tree. A little weird, I know, and utterly time consuming (the leaves!), but I like it. I'm almost done, and I would love to put a picture of it up somewhere, if I can figure out how - I've never done that type of thing before. I think I'm stalling for time before I go work on it - it does get tiring. So I guess I'll go do that...

I would love more hours in a day! But I'm ot to burnout point yet. I can wait for vacation, though I am heavily looking forward to the holiday break tht is coming up soon.

Bookgirl - I do the crew for my school shows - our school gets really into it, and I can brag for awhile about it too. So brag all you want. Congratulations on the "beautiful and talented"!

dai everyone!
                  Last edited by smile; December 6, 2008, 12:08:56 PM.
                  "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Originally posted by bookgirl View Post
                    It hasn't snowed here yet, which is really ridiculous, I mean I live in Utah. We're supposed to have "the best snow on earth". THe And its December. No snow. Usually we have snow around halloween, so its really weird that we haven't gotten anything yet.
                    Count yourself lucky Bookgirl. We had snow up here at the beginning of October. Right now we have three feet. I wish we didn't have snow, at the moment. It's melting, sort of, and everything's really icy.

Wow, the new forums are great. Apart from a password dilemma, transferring was easy! I'll have to get used to getting around though... I sort of miss the old forums.
                    "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Thank you so much, everyone! *hugs*

I just got back from New Jersey...it was crazy. And not the good kind, either! Crazy, as in "Everyone-freaking-out-and-yelling-a-lot" crazy.

My dad and I picked up my uncle from the airport, and when we called home to ask when a good time was to come back for lunch, the people on the other side of the line (my grandmother, my mom, my aunt, my other uncle) said, "Go out to eat, and come back when the chaos is over!" Then they hung up...

Then on the way back to our house (as apposed to the one in New Jersey), we got caught in traffic for more than two hours...and only traveled a few miles in that time! It was horrible...

Hmm...I'm beginning to miss the old smileys... Aww....
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Snow!

I'm so happy!!! and then I'm sad Let me explain.

I woke up this morning because my friend called my cell phone, and it was set on vibrate then ring, so I heard this dull vibrating noise that sounded like it was coming from outside. I looked out my window, and everything was covered in snow!!! Then my phone rang. My ringtone is "Have you ever seen the rain" and I was laughing my butt off. So weather related! So when I opened it, my friend said, "It's snowing!" and I said, "Oh, really?" because it's nicer than saying "I know."

Then I got dressed and pulled out my snowboard and puffy winter coat, but by the time I got outside, there was no snow left Sure, there was about a centimeter here and there, but most of it exposed the grass. My friend who lives in the neighborhood wasn't home either. So yeah...

It's a good thing it snowed, I love snow! I just don't like it to melt... Okay, I'm done now. Dai everyone!

Comment

• Emi: No more tendonitis! Yay! And best of luck getting accepted.

Stormwind: Congratulations on almost-re-aunthood!

Garrett: That John Williams a cappella tribute made my choir geek self's day, and I don't even like Star Wars. John Williams is the man, though.

bookgirl: I'm so glad you get to talk to your boyfriend! Good luck on finals; I'm sure we all need that. And congrats on the plays.

smile: Your art project sounds amazing! I'm very into the arts, but as far as painting and such I'm more of a spectator, so I'm in awe of anyone with talent.

Zirsta: I'm not quite used to getting around here yet, either...but we'll adjust, I'm sure!

Gwendi: Aw, I hate it when it starts to snow and then...just...stops.

So I thought I was going to go to the speech and debate tournament Friday and Saturday...well, nope. Turns out my sodium was 124 (I have endocrine issues due to prior medical problems), so my doctors in St. Louis said I had to go to the ER. I spent 24 hours there total, about half that time was in the ER, and over half that time was in the waiting room. Someone should really invent a drive-thru hospital? Maybe? Anyway, all they ended up doing was giving me salt tablets, which me and my mother could do perfectly well ourselves. But whatever, only 24 hours of precious homework-overload-and-finals-preparation-time wasted. Oh, and the fact that I obviously missed the tournament. *end rant*

So now I've been trying to do all my homework in one day. It's not working. Here's a list of what I had to do with notes by what I've done so far.

French: study vocab
                          blason familial (DONE)
                          worksheets (DONE)
                          Algebra: worksheets (DONE)
                          Biology: study guide
                          History: outline chapters 15 and 16
                          DBQ essay due Tuesday, not started yet
                          English: finish rough draft of a fourteen-paragraph paper that's dual credit in two classes
                          (bio and English)

I've been working all day, and my mother is about to drug me if I don't go to bed. I'm not ready to go to bed, obviously.

Yay, midterm finals! I actually only have to take one final because I qualify for midterm finals exemption (you have to have good grades and attendance), and the only teacher who's not doing exemption is my AP US History teacher...of course. Her final would be the one I'd be most worried about, anyway. Can I just take my English one and skip the history? Please? Because I know I could pass English without studying...wah. (Sorry, thought I was done ranting. Apparently not; I've just switched topics.)

Sorry that this was such an annoyingly long post. And on a side note, I miss the old smileys.
                          Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 8, 2008, 10:22:04 AM. Reason: Edited for possible strong language

Comment

• Well, the day the new forums came out I wrote up a long post?and somehow it got deleted when I tried to post it-somehow it logged me out or something, I don?t know. But I?m a complete technophobe; the YW forums were the first forums I joined in 2005, and they?re the only ones I?ve ever really stuck with. And now I have no clue how they work! So the new forums are really messing me up, and I barely understand how they work. Just saying.

This week is finals week; I?ve got finals on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights from 7 to 10 pm. Not that happy about it, I have a feeling I?ll be very tired then. Anyway, it weirds me out because I?ve never taken a test at night before?.ugh. I?m just over-thinking it, don?t worry about me. I?m sick too; I?ve got this killer cough/sore throat/runny nose thing going on and it?s making life way harder than it needs to be. Of course I?d get sick during finals week?.

What else has happened?I got a varsity letter in college cross country! I?m kind of crazy proud of it, because I?m not that great a runner, but I made it to the conference meet so I get a letter. ☺

It snowed a lot on Friday/Saturday, which I liked until Saturday night. The cross country team had their ?formal,? which is basically a party where you eat dinner and get all dressed up and bring a date. But?it was 19 degrees out when I left my dorm, so I walked over to the house where the party was in a pair of boots and bright yellow sweatpants under my dress. It was amazing-yay for living in a colder climate and actually knowing how to dress for the weather! But the party was a lot of fun; I brought a guy I like as a date, and am beginning to think he likes me back, hopefully, maybe?I don?t even know. But people already think we?re dating because we spend a ridiculous amount of time together. XD Either way, we both had a lot of fun, and then watched the first Harry Potter movie afterwards because he?s never seen it, or read the books. He made fun of me for being an HP dork-I made fun of him for being a paintball dork. We?re both weird. :P

I can?t wait to go home on Friday?I miss my family a lot. Although it?ll be weird to be home for a month and not have any homework or anything to do. I couldn?t find a job for over break; what with the economy the way it is, and living in a large suburb of a larger city filled with high schoolers and college kids looking for jobs, nobody is really hiring. Too bad?I could use the money. I?m trying to save up so I can go abroad during junior year, since that?s the only year I have time to go abroad. I?ll probably end up somewhere in Europe?but I really want to go to Italy. One of the girls from the cross country team is going there next semester, so I have to ask her how it went when she comes back. My school doesn?t offer Italian, but they have seriously 6 different study abroad programs based in Italy to choose from, so it must not be that hard to pick up, especially if you?ve studied other romance languages like Spanish or Latin?

I haven?t quite figured out how to go back and read other pages yet in TOGR?so I?m not going to respond to anything, but I hope everybody is well, and *hugs*

Alright, I should go to bed so I can wake up and study for my Latin final?that?s the only final I?m actually worried about. Monday is a reading day, so we don?t have classes or anything to do but study. My friends and I are going to find something random to do, because if we study all day, we will probably go insane.

Comment

• There's a navigation bar at the bottom of the page that shows the page numbers: you can click on them, or the arrows at either end, to go forward and backward. Don't forget to check out the FAQ on General Board Usage for details like this.

On an unrelated note, IT'S FREAKIN' COLD OUT THERE! *shivers in his warm office*
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• this new quick reply is a little odd. but lets see if this doesn't epicly fail.

wow, i havn't been posting here in forever. not since like a month before i started college i think. unless I've posted one or two things and don't remember. in any case major updates include.

-i'm attending st cloud state university in minnesota
                                -i started a club which is going pretty well so far. Its the St cloud state Paranormal society XD

finals week begins next week. chances are its not looking to go well at all.
                                -me and a bunch of friends here are looking at houses so whoo that's exciting

that's all the major updates i can think of at the moment. i definatly want to get back in the habit of posting here again. i hope with the new forum workover and whatnot that they bring chat back again. but i havn't read anything that tells about that yet. but i'm hoping it'll happen.

dai all
                                -MBF
                                ---------------------------------------
                                YW Chat room link. http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/ Type in nickname and #youngwizards for channel.
                                "in remembrance of Peter Murray,5/16/06,dai stiho

Comment

Working...
                                X