No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hehe... Halloween is tomorrow. Halloween means candy.
    KK: wow... must listen to really wierd music then. I don't really like Popular music; (this is my personal oppinion... no offense meant) I just think that it doesn't have enough... meaning. The majority of it seems to be about the same sort of thing.
    Or were you saying you like bands like the Beatles and Journey? because I have to agree with you that they're good; just not the kind that i listen to continually... (Coldplay though...)
    Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

• Trialia- love the picture! Who is the actress you are with? I get to see Wicked next April! Can't wait! (but I bet you'd never guess I was a fan, huh? lol. my current avatar kinda gives it away)

KK- Coldplay rocks. I'd never even heard of them until my manager brought the cd to listen to during inventory once. Viva la Vida, and Speed of Sound are my favorites at the moment.
      "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

• Laughing quietly to myself as although I have a playlist of 34,000+ songs, I still detest Coldplay (can't stand Chris Martin's voice, though I like their lyrics)!

bookgirl - her name is Torri Higginson. She's been in a lot of things, but she's still best known for her three years on Stargate: Atlantis.
        Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• Trialia: That's an awesome picture! I dressed like that for Halloween once...haha...the green paint was hard to get off afterwards...

Wolf Wizard: Yep! I do listen to weird music! Haha...I like Journey and America better than The Beatles, though, which gets me some really stange glares from friends of mine... :P
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• kk: Thanks! And yes, it is always difficult to get it off afterwards. I wore that costume this weekend just gone, and the dry skin around my fingernails is still greenish.

Comment

• oh yes. The lovely green makeup. Its such a pain. I'm in a Stage Makeup class and for one of the projects we had to do partner makeup, where we did makeup on one of our classmates. Well the guy who did my makeup chose to do Elphaba's makeup on me. It took me more than 20 minutes to get it off, and I was late to my next class which was thankfully another theatre class so all I had to do was tell her that I had just come from Stage Makeup. What was funny was all I had to say was green makeup and she understood completely. The biggest problem was that it got into my contacts.... ugh. not fun.

Comment

• It's a pain, but it's worth it - you don't get much more memorable than being bright green the first time you meet someone

Comment

• HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I hope you all have a great halloween! Have fun and enjoy your candy.

Comment

• Hi eveybody!
                    I haven't gotten on i a long time, but I had a favor to ask you guys.

My friend's mom has breast cancer - it's all pretty recent, and I don't know much about it at all, but could you pray for her, or if you aren't religious, just wish her well?

Thank you so much - I don't know how bad it is or anything, she just had on operation...

My fall has been all over the place, and I haven't really been posting, nothing new to report even, Idid get my top braces off today, don't like the retainer...

Happy Halloween!

I'll be back on soon (i do have to go now though...)
                    "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• OK, smile, I'll pray. That sounds pretty bad.

Happy belated Halloween, everybody. I think I am the only person who didn't go trick-or-treating... *sighs* Well, my sister is sharing her candy with me, so I guess it's all right.
                      "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

• Thanks Zirsta!

I didn't go trick-or-treating either - my friend wasn't going and I can't go on my road (no candy and it's really windy, not many houses, and the ones we have are widely spaced - great, just not for this). Unfortunately, my sister also didn't go trick-or-treating (she is two years older than me).

We've been working to sell my Grandma's house (she is now in assisted living, where she doesn't have to cook or do laundry, though she complains that she can and wishes we would let her drive) and we had the closing on Thusday, so we're all set! Not that I'm excited, I love that house - but my mom is relieved, so I'm happy for her.

She (my Grandma) was here for the day, so I didn't do my homework, and I wish I had worked on it...
                        I don't have much, except for a lot of art, but I don't like doing things on the last day of my break from school... At least I have Tuesday off

My friend's mom is apparently trying to clean the house, which is a good sign. My cousin has survived Luekemia (when she was in seventh grade) and her father just got cancer in his throat over the summer (he is going to be fine, he's just in for a rough year of treatment), so I have confidence that her mom will recover...

I just know many people who have survived, and know of few who didn't. So I'll take the confidence, even if some might call it naive.
                        "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Smile: I'll pray too!

Sigh...Halloween...

It was fun. I didn't get much candy, and not nearly as much as last year, but it was fun!

And...I got to ride a scissor-lift around a parking lot at night, today! That's always fun...

See, there's an all-girls Christian youth rally coming up at my church, and we needed the scissor-lift to paint the logo on the back wall of the church...but the ramp was too steep, so the scissor-lift couldn't go on the stage. Sigh...but I got to ride it around the parking lot instead!

(btw, all girls 7th grade and up are welcome to come to the youth rally! Sign up is at my church's website. If anyone wants to come... lol, probably not... xD Bwahahahaa...)
                          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Best of luck to her, Smile.

My mother fought lymphoma and survived 14 years against it, so there's hope.

Comment

• Thanks everybody!

I sorry though, Trialia...

Zirsta (from previous page) Yes I have read Here, There Be Dargons - I love those books!

KK - Scissor-lifts sound fun, not that I've ever been on one...

My cat, Koko, is part Siamese, so she is really long... She loves to climb - she was just standing on the windowsill, vertically, up against it... Maybe she was after a spider...

Comment

• wow! geesh, I don't come on for a week and there's a ton. ANYWAY.

Triala: (previous page) That stinks!! I hope everything will go away and you'll be all healthy. (from this page) Cool picture!

Smile: She'll be in my thoughts.

Mmm... Coldplay, their new song "Viva la Vida" is really good (lyrics and music).

Halloween! Ah, it didn't feel like Halloween to me. I hung out with my friend and we got "some" candy from the nearby houses with her little bro and her bf's lil bro. Haha. It was fun though.

Smile: Your cat's name is my sister's nickname. It makes me laugh every time you talk about your cat, Koko...

Nano started! Woot. I haven't written alot. but it's a start... haha.

There's nothing new to really report. So...

Dai peeps.
                                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Working...
                                X