No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rad, search the web for a SNES emulator, then look for the Super Mario RPG ROM.

You'll be able to play it on your comp for free.
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Hehehe, that's what I've been using, Diego. I finally figured out how to save the stupid thing, so the game is actually moving along. But anyway, I would like to have the REAL game on my SNES...

Anyway, my Interactive Media class is starting today, so I get to start learning how to do Flash It should be really fun. Later I need to read more of my Accounting and also start reading my Theater and Film book. My dad was supposed to come by today, but he prolly won't get here until like really late, so I might not get to do too much with him yet. But there's a chance he might be able to wait until tomorrow to come, in which case I could do stuff with him then. We'll see how it goes. I will definitely get to see him, it's just the matter of how much time we'll have to do things. So yeah, I have to go now b/c my class is starting.
      ~Rachel

Comment

• Oi, back to school. So far, I love my classes and teachers! They're all great--it's a blast. Let's see...AP Psychology, Treble Choir(Muahaha! I'm a treble-maker! ), Precalculus, and German II...ohhh, yeah...loads of fun!! :-p

Came home, though, and I was literally shaking from low blood sugar for about 30 minutes--didn't know my day was that draining, even if I DID take an 1999 exam first thing in Psychology...*shruggles* Ooh, and got five new books yesterday! Wheeee! Got TWD(By DD, of course!), Queen of the...Darned...(by Anne Rice). Anyone read Terry Pratchett? He's HILARIOUS! I bought 'Guards, Guards' and 'Good Omens'(which he co-authored)...haven't read those two, though I'm working through 'Guards' ^^
        ~~~~~
        You know when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once, I want to say, "Nope. It's for company. Help yourself. Make yourself comfy. Take your time."

Comment

• I got a new cellphone today. And no I did NOT lose my old one. My little sister did. I went to France, came back, and it was gone. Anyway, my new cell phone is a white flip-phone and though it can't take pictures, it's pretty cool. I'm happy!!

I failed my first math test. No, it's not the first time I've failed in math... >_> ... it's my first official fail at my high school this year. I haven't really got the results back yet, but I'm guessing... and I need a passing grade to stay in this class, or else I'll have to drop out! Wahhh!! T.T So I had my tutor come over today and we studied and now I HOPE that I'll do better on the retakes... at least I semi-understand the materials...

My other classes are fine though. Advanced level one sophomore French (I'm a freshman, so this is a accelerated class) is easy, and so is seminar, my other advanced class.... it's math that's my faulty area...

All afternoon I've been downloading the anime music from Gravitation and OMG, it rocks!! I can't stop singing "Sleepless Beauty" and "Rage Beat," even if they're in japanese and I have no idea what the heck the words mean. I'm listing to it right now! (I do that with alot of music in other languages. Like all the French hip stuff I got from my penpal. I love singing along and dancing to these sort of songs... maybe thats why I'm in the chorus, I love music just SO much! XD) It's not like you can actually undertsand what they say in half the American music these days anyway, like in rap where they rant about random crap, speaking in a slurred rushed tone... bleh! >.<

I missed Yugioh: KC Grand Prix over the weekend. Wahhhh!! *weeps and drowns in flood of tears* T.T Oh well, it's not liek they're NOT gonna replay it a MILLION times... >_> ....

W@W is coming out soon! YAAYYYYYness!

Caitlin: Besides, we can't have unnatural hair colors at my school.
          One girl at my school permantently dyed her hair a shade of maroon-like purplish-pink. It's really...er... strange. It's kinda cool I guess, but I'd never do that to my own hair.

*Wanders off to do something productive... like ignore exceedingling-large pile of homework laying on desk... and LISTEN TO GRAVITATION AGAIN!!*

Comment

• I'm here at school, during free hour. During Graphics today I used one of PM's images - one of the teddy bear ones. It fit the requirements, and I figured, hey, why not use a friend's image?

Unfortunately I can't download POV-Ray onto the school computer, or else I'd be using it right now...

Ugh, I have Algebra II next, but I have B lunch, so I get to have my lunch break in the middle of class, so I guess that's good.
            "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
            "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• I laugh at you poor people who are at school while I'm writing this.

See, I don't start school until a week from today.

Kaiba: I've made some progress on the fanfic, but it's not coming easily. I WILL get it up within the next two weeks!
              WHAT CHANNEL IS KC GRAND PIX ON?!!!!! YGO GX is coming out on Cartoon Network soon. They're updating their "Miguzi" section, so they'll have Naruto, GX, and some other stuff I want to watch.

Oooh! Ooh! I got bored!
              Cool site!! By Me!

Stephie went on vacation. For a week. Without giving me back my bathing suit. So I had to wear my other bathing suit. Oh well. She twisted her ankle REALLY bad, and it's swollen huge and purple. She has to use crutches. I told her her timing was a week off (next week, school starts).

Yeah, we can't have "unnatural" colours, but they don't make you take them out if it's permanent. Which is weird, but okay.

I found a new favorite HP shipping! Get ready, because this may shock you:
              Hermione/Grawp!
              I am soo bizarre. But I think it's cute, and I still like Hermione/Draco a little better.
              Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
              "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
              "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Hey folks. I know I haven't been able to post much, because, I, like some others am now back fully into school and I'm saddled with a full load of hw every night. So anyway, just to let you know. But at any rate, I'm gonna take a little sabbatical from a lot of online stuff for a while, but I'll probably be back before you get a chance to miss me. Take care, and 'dai,' guys.
                ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• I haven't been here in a while... I was going to post as much as i could today, but I guess that's kind of pointless. But anyway, my summer was cool, but also sucky. I went to camp, which was sooooooo much fun. But i went to my dads house, which wasnt as much fun, but rewarding. I got to see movies and I worked on the porch for money. I think I'll start babysitting.

I just restarted reading the series. Im on page 28 or something of the 1st book. ive noticed details i hadnt read before. maybe because im smarter then i was or something... oh well. I posted this loooooooong post for me in a subject called "???magic real???" in the So You Want To Be a Wizard section. It was interesting.

I'm so hungry.... I should eat something, but that would mean leaving this website... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! What to do, what to do. i'll fight my hunger.

I cant get into chat. I dont think my comp has the right programs for it. oh well, I'll live without it... hopefully... Right so school starts in a week. I dont understand why it starts on a wednesday though. It should start on a monday, right? yea... well, I hope we have some new students. I'd like to see their faces when they meet my friends and i. I wonder if we got scarier over the summer. Actually, I hink I got softer, but oh well. Besides, it would be refreshing to meet new people.

Well, I hope to post more often, but don't blame me if i dont.

Polie

Meow.
                  From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• I got out of school an hour ago. Since then, I've just been relaxing. I put on music and did all of my katas -- I'm trying to get back into the habit of doing that, but when I was in that habit, I only had one kata to do. I've come a long way since then.

But, god! I wish it were still summer. To be carefree...

G, bro, and I are still trying to find a day we could go to the movies and just hang out -- a trend that started, sadly, at the end of the summer. We call up all of our friends, head off, and are dropped off at the theatre. The chatting only goes on in the car, but every minute of being with friends is worth it.

To run through my teachers... Between math and science, I'll be stressed. Econimics sounds like it'll be really fun, and I can manage in history if I'm dedicated. Math'll probably end up being easier, but on the first day, we were hit with work, and half of it was stuff I knew I should've known, and didn't. XD I completely forgot what it was asking for when it said "find the zeroes," and skipped to the third probably.

Spanish teacher is a _freak_. Nothing new there.

*huggles for Sharky* Y'know Las is gonna smother me, asking about where Dwin and Eowen are; the plot needs to move! Not quite in those words, but... XD

Ahhh, I need to catch up. I saw that Gibby posted. If someone takes the time to post long posts, of course I'll read it. I'm not crushed for time yet.

I made a playlist and burned it to the CD. If you like any of the tracks, you might like the whole thing. As for genre... well, I aimed for something somewhat energetic, but the first half is much more calm. Other than that, all I can say is that all of the songs are really good. Oh, and some of the songs have language. In fact, one of the titles I'll have to asteric out. Actually, correction, from Last Resort and down are much more "less peaceful." Skin Ticket is by Slipknot, but it's not so harsh.

There's my introduction; here are the tracks:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
                    <LI> Take You On A Cruise - Interpol
                    <LI> Slow Hands - Interpol
                    <LI> 40' - Franz Ferdinand
                    <LI> Somwhere Only We Know - Keane
                    <LI> Extreme Ways - Moby
                    <LI> Breathing Light - Nitin Sawhney
                    <LI> Skin Ticket - Slipknot
                    <LI> M.I.A. - Avenged Sevenfold
                    <LI> Bedshaped - Keane
                    <LI> White Shadows - Coldplay
                    <LI> Raining Again - Moby
                    <LI> Youth of the Nation - P.O.D.
                    <LI> Last Resort - Papa Roach
                    <LI> People =S*** - Slipknot
                    <LI> Psycho - System of a Down
                    <LI> The Dark of the Matinee - Franz Ferdinand
                    <LI> DARE - Gorillaz
                    <LI> Slipping Away - Sum 41[/list]

For VGDawn, the majority of the votes on the "priotity" poll go to guides to help members improve their posts. I'll work on that whenever I have a large chunk of free time and maybe a little inspiration. The other things that received votes will be worked on too, just you'll either have to do them yourself (very appreciated) or wait.

Newbies who don't know about VGDawn... it's all fun. People read and write, being as chaotic, silly, or serious about it as they want; the rules are loose. The current plot/setting/intro is on the front page (and is still waiting for corrections requested by a certain lobbyist (Las again! Of course XD He's great). That should give you some of an idea on what it's about, but, like the rules, the topics you get to write on are loose (in other words, you don't have to follow the plot). So submit an application (about your character -- your characters can change or be added after you join, if you want) and be a part of it. I -- or an admin or mod -- will accept you (unless there's no effort whatsoever).

Umm... what else. We've been around for over a year, and have a couple of continents and several countries, some of which were created by members ( A Traveller With Magic!). Originally, there was only Salcur and "evil place w/o a name." It has grown a lot.

VGDawn : Dawn of the Conqueror's Age

So! I give you peace.
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Comment

• Today was my last first day of high school. It was...hot. And whack. But that's another story.

My year should be interesting. I can already tell you that taking statistics was a mistake, I won't be able to take another year of Stoutz. Oh well. On the other had, this is the first year of high school that I haven't taken any honors classes. All the classes that I'm taking that aren't AP classes are A track (academic/average) classes. yeah.

It rocks to be a senior. I think. I'll have to get back to ya'll on that one later on in the year.

*huggles Gryph's playlist* I <3 Franz Ferdinand! whoo!!! (the bassist's birthday is the same as mine. -random trivia for ya. although michael is definitely the best franz ferdinand song.)
                        PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• I finally got rid of that stupid cold...only to find I have one week left of summer. I'VE BEEN CHEATED OF MY SUMMER!!! I spent nearly half of July and this month SICK! The places that we went weren't all that great (the hotel we stayed in in Vancouver absolutely stunk, literally, and I was bored half the time). I didn't even get to do anything that I had planned to do for the summer, and when I'm in school I'll be wishing for summer again...
                          At least tomorrow's our province's centennial. There must be something fun to do then.
                          Oh, and I have to remember to get pencils. *screws up face trying to remember to remember*
                          But compared to you guys, my summer was completely boring. And school will probably be too. *sighs*
                          -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• A funny thing hapenned in religion class today. Father Cawley was talking about soem graffiti that he had seen in the boys bathroon a while back. It read, "SATIN RULES". He then invited us to check anything we feel the need to write with him first so we can make sure it is gramatically correct, thus avoiding looking like a school of complete idiots when we have visitors. He then edited teh borad to read "SATAN RULES". But, he said, we should not only make it gramatically correct, but theologically correct too. So he added "JESUS" underneath what was already on the chalkboard. The board now read as thus (roughly):

SAT|\N
                              RULES
                              JESUS

..he didn't quite realize what he had written, apparantly. Poor Father Cawley. He couldn't figure out why we were all laughing. I just wish I'd had a camera on me. *sigh* ...the lost moments.
                              PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• I'm nowhere near New Orleans or the south of the U.S., but Katrina affected me anyway: the leftover rain knocked out the internet for 3 days, which stunk. I HAVE to tell you guys what we did in cross country on Tuesday, because it was funny. We went for a run. In the pouring rain. Then we went swimming. In the pouring rain. And broke part of the pool when we made a huge current(there's about 70 people on the boys and girls cross country teams combined.) Then, we got out of the pool. And went and had a HUGE mud fight. It was so much fun.

Sigh. School is hard, especially English. I'm dropping Military History so I can get a study hall. Cross country is taking up too much time, so I won't be around here much. Can't wait for W@W, all that stuff. I guess I'll be lucky if I get on more than once a week, so dai all. Hope to see you around soon.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Edit: Just looked at the Border's site, and looked up W@W. It's there. At my store. I just called and made them go look at the shelves. It's sitting on the shelves...AHHHHH!!! I NEED MONEY!!!!!!! WHY AM I ALWAYS BROKE WHEN NEW BOOKS COME OUT!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X