No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Brief warning: This goes back a page because I need to catch up!

For Easter: The only "gift" I got besides candy was Runny Babbit. I love Shel Silverstein! He was an awesome (if not weird) poet!

Tori: I envy you. Europe??!! The farthest I've ever been away from home is Canada (which isn't too far away).

Olivia: Yay!! Another 12!! You're a lot like me, believe it or not. Except I'm in 7th grade doing 8th grade math. heh heh.

Rad: Awww, I'm sorry about your dog!! RIP, Gidget!

(p.s. who was the girl? You don't have to answer, an idle question)

Slash: Nice artwork!!

Angel: That is sooo sad about that little girl. ....and Sara is fluffy! o.O

On pets: I actually have a parakeet that we found ( I used to have 2 more, but...well..mother nature took over), a dog, and an iguana (again we had 2 more before, but no longer).

Hungry: Congrats on your permit! My oldest brother got his license, and my other younger-but-older-than-me-brother got his permit too. But he is waaaay scary. I mean, seriously.

And the flip-flop thing? hah! I've done something similar...I was in a restaurant with my family (it must've been for some special occasion-we never go out. Costs too much) and I was coming back from the bathroom, and I guess the food had been laid out while I was in there (this seems to happen to me a lot. Either that, or they take orders at precisely the WRONG TIME!!) and I had like tortellini with sauce. I got to the table, my slippery flip-flops slipped on the slippery floor, my elbow with my food, and I fell. On my but and back. And there was the tortellini in sauce ready to come down over my head.

But....it didn't.

Then I slipped again leaving. It was uber funny, I couldn't stop laughing!!

Ok, now I've got to read 2 books by Tuesday, so I'd better get going.

Happy Sunday, y'all!!
    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Mel, it should be fairly obvious who the girl in the picture is

But for you and anyone else who was wondering, that girl is me. (I think that was summer 2004)

*sigh* Another day at work. Good thing I don't really have any homework to do. When I get back to my room I'll prolly watch the other Indiana Jones movie I was going to watch last night (I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark and I was going to watch the Last Crusade) My dad interrupted me though, and I met one of his girlfriends. She was nice enough, but she was smoking in the car and that was ICKY. It was funny when we went through the McDonald's drive thru (like the only place open at 12:35 am that's not a nightclub) b/c the lady said that she hadn't eaten at McDonalds for like 35 years XDXD

So anyway, I'm on msn and aim if you want to talk, and I'll be hanging out in chat for a bit too. *huggles all around*
      ~Rachel

Comment

• Wonders never cease. I was allowed into chat. *twirls* My computer doesn't hate me any more!

I have nothing to do, nothing to do, nothing to do. Though my dearest biology teacher is giving us a quiz tomorrow. You see, freshmen have standardized testing junk (fill in the circle!) tomorrow and Wednesday. Nice teachers don't give homework or quizzes because of this. Our little brains will be fried from all of the thinking. But of course, my biology teacher thinks that our small minds can handle all this stress. Meh. I wish she didn't have such great faith in us.

It's a rather nice day outside, so I think I'll go frolic in the daisies. Wow, my mind is really floating in the clouds today. Anyways, as soon as I take in the wonders of chat, I'll go bask in the sunlight. Wheee!
        <3
        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• I am bored out of my mind at the moment. nothing seems to be happening here.

Comment

• then say something random!
            *~*~*I just love rubber duckies, don't you?*~*~*

Comment

• But before you post, if you're a newbie, you might want to read the Board FAQ to understand why you're suddenly going to get people picking on you for posting one-liners.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watcher524:
                I am bored out of my mind at the moment. nothing seems to be happening here.
                Oh, how I wish I were bored out of my mind. I got on the bus to go to work 12.5 hours ago, and I don't get to leave anytime soon....
                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Garrett, at least tomorrow (4/25) is Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day! Makes up a teensy tiny bit for not having any such thing as Spring Break as a working mug...
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I'M HYPER!!!!! (Is that random enough?) I just had 2 1/2 Sunkists, which have 52 grams of sugar, and I'm still drinking some! I LOVE SUNKIST!!!!! Heh... The sugar's starting to affect me.

OMG, GUESS WHAT?! Friends of ours, in our neighborhood, are adding on, and the construction had to go into this elderly couple's yard, to avoid a gas pipe, and the old man was threatening the workers with a gun in his hand. He was going on and on about it, and when a truck passed his house, it knocked a twig off of the tree, and he blew up. I mean, it's a twig, for heaven's sakes! And he was all, threatening to sue, and blahbity blah blah. The man's been giving my mom's friend all sorts of grief, threatening her and her family... He had this guy come to do something to his lawn, the guy came on the wrong day, (accidentally, of course) and again, the man went crazy! The poor guy was saying "I'm sorry, really sorry. If you want, don't pay me." The old man got so bad, the lawn guy said, "You're gonna have to find someone else, 'cause I quit." In your face, old man! The people go by our house every morning, walking around the neighborhood, getting excercise, and the man is always really nice to my mom, acting all friendly, saying, "Oh, how's the new house? It looks so nice..." (We just moved) My mom is practically their best friend! So, when their neighbor (my mom's friend) told her about him, my mom was shocked. She couldn't believe that a man so nice to her could be so cruel to her friend. She says next time, she'll say, "Oh, my friend, insert name here, is adding on. I think you live on her street, right? I think it's awesome that they're adding on, and it should look great when it's done." Let's see what he has to say to that!
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------
                    Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

• Wowi havent been on in a while but "Im not dead yet!" I have just been soooooooooo busy. I stay up late working on my hudge science research paper(worth 25% of my FINAL grade) or study for all those tests that they have been cramming down our throts at school so that they can get all that they need to in before exams roll around(oh no not EXAMS ). When i finaly finish my work for the night I have just been to tired to come on and chat or just log on and post . Oh and my SRP(science reserch paper)is due TOMOROW so I will be up realy late tonight working on it. Then there is play practice which is going teribly were going of book tomorow and the main charicter not only dosent know his lines but he talks so low you can barley hear him.(my part allows me to have a scriupt infront of me all the time ) Oh man its only like 6 weeks till exams. *gulp*

On a ligher note my birthday is this friday(april 28th) But of course the model UN conference was sceduled the 28th and 29th of april, so i wont be home till like 8oclock on my birthday. Model UNs fun though. I got cuba

Oh well im going to go take a shower now to get readyfor staying up all night to finish my SRP. Oh i just cant wait. Dai all.
                      (\__/) "Be amazing"
                      (+'.'+)
                      (")_(")

Comment

• So...yes. Track is almost over. Very sad, I missed most of the season because of my stupid foot. But the meet today was awesome! I PR'd (personal record), which is good, I guess. Track is confusing. Ok, the guy I liked last spring who's on the track team keeps, well, flirting with me and stuff, and it's just...yeah, you get it. It's just odd...but whatever.

Lately, I've been listening to the RENT soundtrack again. Good movie. :P I think I'm going crazy, I can't wait for summer. What, it's been 3 days since spring break ended, and I'm nuts already. How am I going to survive the AP US History test, and finals, and all the junk that comes with the end of the school year?!

Life's good. That's all I need to remember...life is good. Mantra of sorts...lol, now I need to go do my math homework. Adios!

Comment

• I'm at my little brother's elementary school right now-my mom dragged me along to the PTA meeting, she's the president-whoopdedoo. So, I'm on this ancient contraption, and it won't let me get into chat, or onto half of my other websites. Forbidden, this page is categorized as- I DON'T CARE! I am not a student at this school, this is so unfair! I'm starting to sound like a brat, aren't I? Well, I'm sorry, but I'm about to lose my temper, and I'll take it out on this old thing. It is old! Don't know how old, exactly. Don't really care. Anyway... What's up with you guys?

PS-anyone have any idea on how to get rid of the 'forbidden' thing? I'm going to sabotage the computers...
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------
                          Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

• On a random topic, has anyone else left a thank-you at thankyoustephencolbert.org/? His routine in front of Bush at the White House Correspondents' Dinner was sheer brilliance. :-)
                            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Hello, you lot! This be Kinsey, if you couldn't tell. I won't be on as much until this summer. My parents got some software and all that jazz. Now I cannot use AIM. The internet will go next. Not permanently, but I'll have trouble getting on.

Horribly sorry I've been gone so much. I haven't been on the computer in. . .three days? I'm at school right now. I do miss you all quite terribly. Hopefully, I'll eventually talk to Lee and have my SN changed (Parents don't like me using name, which was an accident)so I'll be allowed on Cedric again. Cedric does not load on the school computers. If anybody has a desperate need to contact me, Andrew, Sean, MBF and Dee should have my e-mail. Beg them nicely enough, they may share. I warn you, I do not always reply promptly.

I miss you all. Love and hugs! And, Momo: *lick*

Sorry. Had to do that. Hugs and sneezes spread diseases!

Kinsey, with love. Also, I cannot seem to find a spell check on this thing, so I apologize for all spelling and grammatical errors.

Comment

• Sarek - Not all of us are Democrats .

But I must say, it was a fine speech. Colbert has better speaking skills than the president - not that surprising, when you figure how crucial it is for a television political pundit show. He pauses at all the right places to make each point sink in, unlike Bush, who tends to ramble and just generally seems to have no steam in his speech.

Colbert deserves even more kudos for his excellent execution with a frosty audience, who were mostly afraid of laughing at jokes against the president.

That being said, did it actually bring change? Do his actions change America, Bush, or Congress? Probably not.

-----

Kinsey - I can talk to you if necessary, via Ariel, and vice versa. Otherwise, I'm perfectly willing to pass messages on.
                                Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                                Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Working...
                                X