No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like I long talk. Typing, for me, is a little relaxing. It's like doing something repetetive and simple -- which it is. I worked from the moment I got home until night yesterday and the day before, and the only reason I'm online at all is because I have a little less to worry about. Yesterday I checked up at VGDawn, wrote a post or two, but otherwise couldn't do much as I wanted because I only had so much time to sacrifice. School is easier; work is second to friends, and the work isn't as taxing as homework usually ends up.

VGDawn people, I summed up my thoughts and posted them in a topic in the Messages from the Admins board. Please check it out!

Another note, I'm reading Beowulf, noticed that Hrothgar appears in the Eragon books. Umm... this weekend I'll go to Borders and get real works of art (music & YW book!!!).

Moeen, that's true, but a large number of languages are influenced by Latin.

The Tai Chi Masters! video... wtf? XD

Kaiba! *HUGGLES*

Wilf:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Alla: Originally posted by alla:
    We got snapped last night at netball. I don't even know what the score was - I lost count after we were 2-18 down. But it was still fun.
    Funny, I've never heard "snapped" used in that context... we would used "thrashed" or "hammered" or maybe "mauled". What other words do people use for being beaten badly in a sports match? </div>[quote]
    I'd say slaughtered or creamed. I think creamed is older slang, but whatever.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I feel better! Well, not totally better. I still can't stay on key in choir: today I was asked to mouth the words until Monday, when the choir director will evaluate my ability to sing again. And I still have a sort of sore throat, and stuffed up nose, but I can breathe through my nose again, which is good. Personally, I believe it was all the Gatorade I've been drinking; I'm much more hydrated than usual. Of course, that creates a new set of problems, especially during the middle of class...

Whoa. Just listening to the country music station, and I heard a country version of one of the Backstreet Boys old songs. Creepy. *shivers* I'd hoped they would just go away and never come back...

Aurora:
      I also want to start a Model UN, because my school doesn't have one...
      We have one of those at my school, I had been going to join, but with basketball and A.P. U.S. History, I just didn't have the time for it...oh well. I've got plenty of other extracurriculars, and I'm trying to start a club for cross country members during the off season: we all like taking long bike rides (long being 20 to 30 miles) so some friends and I were thinking that we could get the cross country team together during the off season and take big bike rides. Fun, no? Well, we think it'd be fun.

Oooh, more good news for cross country. I got moved up to the B group for work-outs! That means that I have to do more work than C group, but less than A group, which is all varsity team members. Of course, Coach would pick a day to switch me when I'm just getting over being sick...oh well.

It's kind of cold in my room. Wish I knew how to adjust the thermostat...cold. *shivers* Okay, this is ridiculous. I'm going to go take a very hot shower...a very long hot shower. I kind of need one after the cross country work-out today...I know, I'm stuck on cross country mode right now. Fun, isn't it? Not really.

Haha, I know what I had originally planned to say: English class was very funny today. We're going over The Odyssey in class, and we were assigned a scene to act out for the class. My group did the scene with the Cyclops. One person thought of a great way to show how Odysseus poked out the Cyclop's eye: draw a Cyclops head, put it on like a mask (or tape it to your torso) and have whoever's playing Odysseus take a red marker and use it like a spear, but have it uncapped and scribbled on the eye. It was really funny in class...and got us extra credit. Okay, so maybe I can't describe anything, but it was funny at the time!

GSA: we have one. I'm not a member, because I don't have the time. My school has never been homophobic because we have the reputation of being a very, erm, friendly community in that respect? I'll try to get some info for you Polie, but I can't promise anything. Good luck with that.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• Words that I use interchangeably for being beaten in sport (it all depends on by how much you got beaten): Kicked, snapped, slaughtered... etc. Snapped is used most often because it is the easiest to say .

Ah! I have to go now... must catch next bus to get home in time for my driving lesson... .

Alla

Comment

• Ha ha, I'm at school, and I got past the filtering with YW sites! And they won't even let us on Google..hehe. Five hours of sleep last night=messed up Hungry. Oy...science class right now. Sometimes I think I should have gone in advanced Biology, just so I wouldn't have to deal with some of the people in the normal classes...oh well. Too late to change all that.

I haven't really done anything in class all day, and it's been 4 periods. In Spanish, we just talked about the evils of Walmart and Coca Cola. Thankfully, we were talking in English. Apparently, my Spanish teacher would be a big activist person, if she didn't have to keep her teaching job. She says that the year she retires, she wants to teach all the people in first year Spanish stuff that isn't true, like saying that, oh, I don't know, Hola doesn't mean hello, it means good-bye or something weird like that. So...can you tell I'm bored? This is my second post here in twelve hours...I hate Biology. And science in general, especially when I'm at school.

Teacher alert!

Comment

• Guh.

Woww....

Erm.

Peter Murray:
            Well, Dairine seemed to be very impressed by what Darryl pulled out of his jeans.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need to say anything else? My point is self-evident with all of the single-syllable lines and "!!!"s.

[Adds:]

Oh, and:

Peter Murray:
            Peter Murray *misreads that as cleaning her sister*
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I won't be online for a while.....my grandpa died, and now it's like life seems so crowded..........and suddenly it changes, and it seems like I'm all alone.......

....I don't really want to talk about it. I'm sorry if I sound rude. It's.....it's just that......I'm not sure how to put this......I'm not sure of anything right now.....

We got a call from the hospital.

Thanks for listening to me, and everything.....

Thanks for being here. Thank you.

Comment

• *huggles Gigo* I'm so sorry... Remember that we'll always be here for you if you need to talk to someone *barrage of huggles*.

I was going to respond to other stuff, but it just doesn't seem right to add it now. I'll post again later.

Alla

Comment

• Not that I'm trying to be mean or anything, but I am SO tempted to remind Gigo of a little indescretion...but I will refrain b/c I'm not THAT evil...

Anyway, I wish I could have found someone to fill in for me for my 2nd work shift today, b/c the State Fair is in town and my dad's coming by to take me later....since I couldn't find anyone to fill in, I have to wait until 5 PM to go, instead of 1...but it will be ok I guess, just I won't get as much time as I would have liked. And also my dad is bringing me my video camera, some DVDs (borrowing them) and also a new headset maybe. I have to call him sometime this morning to remind him, b/c he is notorious for forgetting things he's supposed to bring.

Also, I wish WAW would HURRY THE HELL up and get here, it's been more than a week! Grr, I should have just made my dad buy it for me at the bookstore and cancelled the online order...oh and I REALLY want the autographed copy I saw on eBay, but it's too much money Oh well.

*wanders off*
                  ~Rachel

Comment

• wow, u guys didnt get ur books yet?
                    i got mine on like August 25 or sumthin like that.

Sympathies for GIGO...my grandma died last august and i felt like the same way.

by-the-by, jsut how old areyou guys?! Teens i suppose...

i think im maybe the youngest person on this site....that kinda sucks...
                    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Hola Mel, I hate to be rude, but your spelling is sort of bugging me. Here, we normally try to use, you know, proper spelling and grammar (not IM stuff) because it's more respectful for the rest of the forum members. Other than that, welcome to the forums. We don't bite...except for me, when I'm sick or in a bad mood, which doesn't happen very often.

Guys, sometimes I wonder why I run cross country. For example, today I had a meet, and to get there I had to get to school at 6:30, then I stayed there until 3:00. It was INSANE. And very hot. Why do I run? I've been asking myself that all day...I think I've spent a bit too much time in the sun.

Gigo: I wish I could say that I know how you feel, but once again, like Kaiba's dog, I have no clue how you feel. I hope you feel better soon, and we're all here for you.

Let's see...Mel again: Most of us are in our teens, but some are older, like in their twenties, and one or two are younger. I'm a sophmore in high school, so right now I'm fifteen. I really wish I could say I'm sixteen, because then I'd be able to drive...I want to learn to drive so bad...

Oy. Squeek. Ouch. Whee. I just stepped on my running spikes. Running spikes are just that, shoes you run in with little spiky things screwed in the bottom. They help you get a better grip when you're running for cross country or track. Seabiscuit's running spikes (they're the ones with blue, not the black ones)

Comment

• Oh Gigo, I'm so sorry. Like Hungry, I can't say I know how you feel. But I can huggle you. *buckets of huggles*

The field hockey team had a car wash today to raise money for a walk for breast cancer research one of our teammates is doing...I think we made about $800 all told. So very successful.

I've just started high school! And I'm enjoying it like mad so far. And it doesn't seem to matter to most people that my dad is the principal...but we're only 3 days in.

My schedule:
                        A-World Civ
                        B-French
                        C-Biology
                        D-Chorus
                        E-English
                        F-Algebra II
                        G-Study Hall
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Hungry-You think that's bad? I get to school at 7:20 every day and go straight to swimming so I don't get home until 5:30. On Mondays I have piano too, so I don't get home till almost 6:30. I wonder why I do swimming sometimes too.
                          The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                          I promise not to funfun anymore
                          Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Cress: school for me at 7:00, because that's the only time I can get a ride. School actually starts at 8:00, which is annoying. After school, it's either cross country, track, or basketball (depending on the season) until at least 6:00...usually later. Two mile walk home, and I'm ready to collapse. I don't get my life. Why do I feel the need to do this much stuff?

Swimmers: my cousin's a swimmer. She says her schedule is crazy, so I sympathize for you.

My feet hurt...you know why I'm posting this? So I can postpone doing my Biology homework, even though if I don't do it I won't be able to go to ****** **** (name of amusement park is removed to ensure my privacy.) I hate bio. I hate science. I should have taken advanced Bio, just so I wouldn't have to deal with the dimwits in my class. And yes, I know it's mean to call them dimwits, but if they didn't smoke and drink and do drugs and stuff, maybe I wouldn't call them dimwits. And if they stopped asking me for cigerettes in the bathroom.

Whoa. My sister just came up to me and sprayed a can of Silly String at my back. How random is that? I don't even think I've said anything to her, so she can't be mad...can she?

Hmmm...need to look into finding some Oreos. Dai all.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry *

* who can't find her Oreos

Comment

• Sheesh, I just typed up a nice long post but for some reason the window shut. And now I have to retype the whole thing >.< ...

Gigo, I'm so sorry! My dog just died last week, and I know she was just a pet rather than fmaily member, but I loved her nonetheless. And her death was so hard on the family, and the ones that loved her. But death really is not as final as it may seem, because the people that leave loved ones behind live forever in our hearts. It may sound silly, but after my great-grandma died a few years ago I came to realize that this is very true... sorry for ranting, I suck at making people feel better anyway -_-;...

Aurora: I also want to start Model UN, because my school doesn't have one. . .
                              My school has one. I gave joining a thought but then I realized that I have my language lab when it meets so I dropped the thought. One of my friends joined, he was for some odd reason sooo excited about it, and I kept making fun and saying how lame he was. XP I had all these clubs at my school that I wanted to join, but with this amount of work there's no chance...though I might check out the new "anime club" because I love anime to death and if it means watching anime for free, then count me in...

Speaking of that, I saw the third Inuyasha movie yesterday (it came out three days ago in Enlish) with my best friend and we kept making jokes and it was fun! Sesshy played a bigger part in it then usual. That's a good thing. We also watched the "BoogyMan" which was utterly lame. The middle parts where ok, I guess, but it had the lamest ending ever... Horror/slasher movies just really don't scare me.

One of my freinds did swimming. But he doesn't go to my school anymore because he switched highschools for a better swim team. I never knew that he took swimming that seriously. O.o

I have so much friekin homework this weekend. *cries* And we have to read a few chapters in "Great Expectations," by Dickens. This is like the boringest book I've EVER read. It's so utterly...dull. And it makes no sense, because the way of writing is so outdated and ancient... bleh >.<...

Comment

• Sorry Hungry, I didn't know it bothered you so much. I'm just used to typing it like I'm on IM because I'm still on the internet. Ok, whatever.

And I saw the boogeyman like a week ago, and the ending sucked. He just looks out of a window and says, "He's not coming back." Wow. That totally chills me. (sarcasm)

ugh... I should be doing my homework right now, but i don't feel like it. I got hardly any sleep..

I guess I'll do it now. *enough sighs to fill a barrel*

Dai, everyone
                                just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Working...
                                X