The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zgirl:
    Yes I like Gryph's version of bingo better. I used to hate the name gryphon because I couldn't spell it...but now I'm okay.

My mom just made me take the ACT's this morning. And I'm not even 13!!!! They were pretty easy though. I haven't started trigonomentry yet so I think I only got 1/3 of the math right and I ran out of time for the science so I probably got 10 wrong on there...oh well it doesn't matter anyways because i'm not applying for colleges yet or anything.
    HOLY CRAP!!! Z, I just took the ACT's today too!!! I don't suppose you took them at the Dekalb High School did you?? *looks suspicous*
    Hearts will never be practical, until they are made unbreakable.
    "They smelled nice,"said Ponch"but smell isn't everything"
    Check out the Encounters topic in Chatter II<<<If it's still there. Jeez. Long time guys.

Comment

• The hardest test I've ever taken was a completely unnecessary one. It was a qualification test for math honors, which I was already accepted in. Out of 32 or so questions, I got 16 right, and the average was 11. Ugh. It was all stuff we're doing this year, which are still difficult even though I know how to do it.

The only tests we take semi-yearly are the Virginia SOLs, or Standards of Learning. They're boring, and easier than people say they are. But when you have 5 in one year, it's a bit much. We had so many in 5th grade that they moved the 5th grade Social Studies to 4th grade.
      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Wow, so many standardised tests . I've only ever done one of those in my life and that was the biggest waste of two days that I have ever had.

Anyway. Today I caught the bus into the city, cos I'm bored of sitting infront of the computer all day - not that talking to you guys is boring, its just it is when you aren't on. I had fun wandering around the city. I managed to get a copy of the Jurassic Park soundtrack (Yay for John Williams), a birthday present for my Star-Wars-Crazy friend (a comic thingy that he seemed to be rather interested in when we were in the comic store), and I also found a pair of boots that I want to get They're suede over-the-calf sorta things that - surprisingly enough considering the fashion this year) have a rounded toe, are flat soled and are wide enough for my feet .

Other than that my day has been pretty uneventful. Oh yeah - except for sending Rad and Leah into hysterics this morning while trying to imitate an American accent over Skype.

Abby: 'This week was random and crazy'? Is that a comment about TOGR, or your life? Because the first post in the past week in TOGR was about Aurie playing with a bot on AIM, and the last one is this one . I'd say that it'd be hard to get much more random than that

I'm helping one of my friends brainstorm for an outfit to wear toSupanova. He's decided on going as Han Solo and I googled for some images for him and this was one of the ones that came up. Whats wrong with the image? First person with the answer gets a virtual pat on the back.

Anyway... I am rather bored at the moment. I should be around tomorrow - unless I can drag mum off to the shops so that I can buy the boots that I found today . Or I could just go into the city again .

MSN calls, so I must be off...

Alla

Comment

• hi!
          I'm petty pembo and a proud newbie!*hehe*
          I have absalutly no idea what's wrong with the pic but i do have another subject to talk abou(i assume theres nothing to talk about, may be there is?)

i was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of the yahoo groups at www.goups.yahoo.com?
          just because I love groups and talking on them(on a website or thru email) and love DD's series so put it together and what does it spell?
          Young Wizard Group!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          anyway!
          I was just wondering that if i started(or anyone else it doesn't have to be me) a group would anyone else be interester in joining or is it stupid and i should just crawl in the corner and hide?

if any one lkes the idea please tell me!!!!!!!!
          thanx!

PettyPembo

Comment

• Originally posted by alla:
            I'm helping one of my friends brainstorm for an outfit to wear toSupanova. He's decided on going as Han Solo and I googled for some images for him and this was one of the ones that came up. Whats wrong with the image? First person with the answer gets a virtual pat on the back
            Ok, who gave Han a light-sabre? I don't know if he ever uses one in any of the books, but he wasn't too impressed with Luke's one in A New Hope.
            (Come to think of it, don't sabres have one curved edge? Why do the Jedi say "light-sabre" instead of "light-rapier" or something?)

Petty Pembo:
            I joined a Yahoo group a while ago, but never really saw the point of it. I think this website, right here, probably makes more sense - after all, this one is run by DD!
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• HOLY CRAP!!! Z, I just took the ACT's today too!!! I don't suppose you took them at the Dekalb High School did you?? *looks suspicous*
              No I took my ACT's att a junior high school actually.
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Alla: About the picture, I find two things wrong besides the lightsaber. He doesn't have a scar on his chin, and Han does. I think Han got it in a blaster fight. the other mistake is the empty gun holster. He rarely goes anywhere without at least one gun.

I also know where the picture is from. It's from Jedi Knights: Jedi Academy multiplayer. (Yes, I am a complete nerd.)

I like the idea of a yahoo group. I searched for one when I was rearranging my account but I couldn't find any.
                Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Murray:
                  (Come to think of it, don't sabres have one curved edge? Why do the Jedi say "light-sabre" instead of "light-rapier" or something?)
                  Hmmm... because 'light sabre' sounds cooler. Or that, rapiers were more of a 'dress' sword, weren't they? Hmmm, maybe it would have worked, but I still reckon sabre sounds cooler. I was going to say that less people would have known exactly what a rapier was, and then I reconsidered because of the people who would have actually gone to see the movie. .

*virtual patonthback to PM*

Wow, Lisa - and I thought that my friend was crazy about Star Wars. He picked the gun holster, but not the scar. You can get a virtual Toblerone for that.

Yahoo groups? I tried setting up an MSN group based around YW and got very little response. You can find it at http://groups.msn.com/YoungWizardsWorld I think.

Alla

Comment

• Blah. :/

Riding to the library with my mom in the car, I saw a cat that had been hit.

I know your SoLs are a nightmare enough as they are for you, Lisa. Bush wants to add on more tests. Gah. Everyway I turn, well, I feel haunted.

What's wrong with the picture? Maybe if I say random things, I'll get it right. I bet his lightsaber isn't supposed to be blue... Or maybe he's not supposed to be pixelated. XD

*cracks up at Elita's near-spazziness* *huggles newbie* Love getting new members. If a group is like this forum, then I guess it won't be popular; we have this. If it's a rp, then you'll have to be pretty competetive.

Oooh, PM says Hans doesn't have a lightsaber. Close, I'm close!

*doesn't want to talk about the cat on the road*
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• light saber light saber light saber!! that does sound fun..

and Alla I was referring to my life being crazy and random, but I suppose it fits in well with the ToGR. Probably any part of the ToGR can qualify to fit within that category though! heh.

I saw the trailer for Star Wars Episode III twice. I'll go see it probably. I saw the 2nd one once and don't really remember much of it though. Actually, I've seen all the other ones, but I remember the other 4 better because I've seen them more than once. In 6th grade my teacher loved Star Wars and she taught us film along with some other subjects, which was actually a pretty fun class except she'd randomly stop the movies and rewind them so we could see parts over again.

I wouldn't have necessarily picked up on the mistakes though. I was going to say something to do with the light saber, but then I was going to guess that it should have been green instead of blue.

oooh *nods* YW groups sound fun. I'm putting off studying right now.... eck, I hate standardized tests. In elementary school we had to take the S.A.T.'s every year. Only they aren't the big high school version, but ones for whatever grade we're in. They're not hard, they're just draining cos they're so long and annoying. I took a version of the A.C.T's this year called "PLAN" and it's supposed to show you what area of a job you'll be good in. That might be helpful since I have no idea what I want to do only I couldn't totally interpret the results but it looked like it was pointing to medical for me as one of the higher areas... too bad I'm totally squeamish and definitely don't want to be in that career. The other was a fine arts sorta thing that includes a number of things I"m interested in which is good (like journalism, acting, photography, etc)

We're supposed to meet with our counselors at some point though to go over the results more fully though and determine what they actually mean... heh. ah well, I'll eventually figure out what I wanna do.
                      ------------------------------
                      Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                      -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• Gibby:

On my PlayStation 2, I have been busy with playing a wide range of games:
                        - Draken: The Ancient Gates
                        - Kingdom Hearts (reply)
                        - Ratchet and Clank
                        - Jak 2 and 3
                        - Ico (reply)
                        - Dark Cloud 1 and 2 (both old, but good games)
                        - .hack (the first one, whatever the sub title is)
                        - Fatal Frame
                        KINGDOM HEARTS KINGDOM HEARTS KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!

I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS!!!!!!!!! Ahem... Sorry... Sometimes I go a little over the top when Kingdom Hearts is mentioned... I don't have a PS2 so I can't play it, but I have KH: Chain of Memories for Gamboy Advanced. Cloud is my favorite character. Or Riku. Either one, they're both cool...

Sunstar:

Hey everyone, I've been gone for awhile and I thank you for not posting so much. Only 1 1/2 pages of ToGR and a few other topics to deal with is alot less than normal.
                        You're so lucky. I had to read about 4 pages to catch up... If only I could get on the computer more often, but no. I have to do ALL of the chores around the house, but I just CAN'T get on the computer more than twice a WEEK!!! ARG!!! ::bangs head against pillar:: Owww... I got an ouchie...

Leah: My friend is called Leah in French class... I'd just like to point that out...

Rad:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                        The chat won't let me in...*cries* It's so annoying! I wonder what's wrong with it?!? Gah!
                        It never let me in chat... Or at least it took forever and I had to sign off before it was loaded. It bugs me...

Abby:

ow. ow ow ow ow ow. I don't know if I've ever been this sore before in my life. My swimming practice yesterday has left me in so much pain it's not even funny. It takes me about 3 seconds to actually be able to sit down because it's so painful. Augh, my hamstrings. augh, my quads! I feel so weird using those technical terms... haha. my shoulders really hurt too though. We had a dryland workout and we did so many drills that were veeeeeeeery painful and even though I stretched it didn't seem to help much.
                        I know how you feel... Sometimes I come home from a basball game and my legs are killing me because I'm a catcher... I can't stand or sometimes even sit. I was just in misery... Blech I hate that feeling... Just thinking about it is making by back hurt.

Alla:

I'm helping one of my friends brainstorm for an outfit to wear to Supanova. He's decided on going as Han Solo and I googled for some images for him and this was one of the ones that came up. Whats wrong with the image? First person with the answer gets a virtual pat on the back.
                        HAN SOLO WAS NOT A JEDI!!!! If I remember right, at first he even doubted the power of the Force. And he has no gun. Doesn't he always have a gun? Geez... Of course, I might be wrong and end up regretting saying anything at all...

[QOUTE]
                        Elita Justice:

i was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of the yahoo groups at www.goups.yahoo.com?
                        just because I love groups and talking on them(on a website or thru email) and love DD's series so put it together and what does it spell?
                        Young Wizard Group!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        anyway!
                        I was just wondering that if i started(or anyone else it doesn't have to be me) a group would anyone else be interester in joining or is it stupid and i should just crawl in the corner and hide?
                        [/QUOTE]

That actually sounds like a good idea! Of course I can't do anything with Yahoo, but others can. My mother won't let me go there for fear that it might be "dangerous" like My frind and that 21-year-old. Yea so it sounds good! I think you should go for it! And welcome to the beloved Young Wizards site!

That was a long message for me and a bunch of quotes... Well at least I now know how to do them... Yea so I think I'll end my post here and maybe post somewhere else...

Polie
                        From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• . . . far as I'm concerned, those tests telling you what you'd be good in are stupid and useless and a waste of time because they tell you like. . . nothing. --''All it does is tell you what you've got an aptitude for. . . I was told last year that I would be good for accounting and I'm a semi-genius and stuff like that. . . thinking occupations and stuff, mostly. Except I take accounting, and I think it's boring, even though they're right that I'm good at it. --''

Comment

• You know if I took one of those, it would say that I'm a good candidate for psychiatry. Because of my strong mental stability and grasp of saneness.

Don't like it?

Tough. (I didn't ask to be sane!)

Han Solo DID use a lightsaber within the original movie Trilogy. Tell me where and get a free "Call Sharky Crazy" pass!*

*pass is nonrefundable, notransferable, and nonredeamable. Cash value: -.05 cents.
                            ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                            +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• Han Solo DID use a lightsaber within the original movie Trilogy. Tell me where and get a free "Call Sharky Crazy" pass!*
                              He used it to cut open the tauntaun on Hoth for heat.

"oh, and I thought they smelled bad...on the outside."

I expect my *"Call Sharky Crazy" Pass*

EDIT:

I forgot to read the fine print, is there anyway I can make it actually redeemable?
                              "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

• Awwww... thanx! *huggles Gryphon back**smiling psycotically*
                                I got alot of mixed reactions but I'll make one anyway!*smiles again*
                                good point though about the fact that this IS the best disscusion forum out there(I can't remember who said that, I'm half asleep anyway)*starts dozing off then jerks awake when i hit the floor, then climbs back on the chair*
                                I don't know what it'll be called but for those of you who DO want to joing it'll be somthing with 'young wizards series" in itS!!!!!!
                                well, I got homework!*starts crying*
                                biy biy!!!!:P

PettyPembo

Comment

Working...
                                X