No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent M: *points to LA* He lives there. But please don't kill him till you've checked he's finished the book, OK? And the illustrations too. (Actually, I would be wiling to place a sizeable amount of money on that being at least half the reason there's a big gap between books. The paintings. But I think they're worth it, they're SO cool.) He wrote ToA when he was 12? Wow. *boggles*

Sam: it's usually worth-while fussing at your bookstore or library... they tend to be very nice. (I personally haven't had luck with my bookstores. but the library's been great. Props to the staff at WCL) The Tillerman series is pretty strange in terms of continuity. it's the third consecutive book about Dicey, but there are others (written before it) about James and Sammy, Jeff, and Mina. I like d 17 against the Dealer, and I loved Homecoming.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
    --Agent M
    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Really?? When he was TWELVE?? wow. thanks guys, my finger isnt better yet but it will be soon. I hope. *daydreams* yeah. the Outsiders was a good book. they made a movie about it once right?? *jumps at the sound of crashing wind* there's high winds here where I live and I'm just hoping my computer doesn't go out. *crosses fingers* by the way, my school drama club is putting on a play and we are doing fiddler on the roof. I'm trying out for Hodle. Is anyone familiar with that story?? an I am also scared to try out because we have to sing and I can't sing in front of crowds. any advice??

~*KsSk8er*~
      Hogwarts Dropout
      "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
      Dai Stiho
      ~*KsSk8er*~
      "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
      Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• Birdhead: don't worry, he wasn't home and I wouldn't have killed him anyway, he needs to write the next two books. There's a book about Mina? I didn't know that... That might be interesting... I liked Mina.. And I think he wrote it when he was 12. That's what it said in the book I think.. Or something that I read...

*Agent~M*
        "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
        "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

• Hmm... I think you should go for it, audition, and do your best, and if you don't get it... that's OK. You know? I always, always audition for stuff, and I've never regretted it. I'd much rather say "Oh, I tried for it, and I didn't get it" than say "Oh, I didn't go for it." So... yeah, I would try out. I don't know anything about the musical in question, though...

--Agent M

Comment

• Tui: ok. thanks. you're absolutely right. oo and Fiddler on the Roof is good, you should try to rent the movie or something. its about a Jewish man in Russia or something who tries to marry his daughtersand realizes that times are changing. the movie is THREE HOURS LONG!! they actually made two tapes out of it because it is so long.

*goes off singing "matchmaker" from the play* Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch. bring me a ring for I'm longing to be the envy of all I see. For papa, make him a scholar for mama, make him as rich as a king for me, well, I wouldnt holler if he were as handsome as anything.

~*KsSk8er*~
            Hogwarts Dropout
            Dai Stiho
            ~*KsSk8er*~

Comment

• I did see it, once, when I was... seven or something. So I know a few songs- like If I were a Rich man. But I forget everything else.

--Agent M

Comment

• Isn't If I were a Rich Man sung by the burglar king (fegan?) in Oliver Twist? I think so... there is a Princess Diaries 4 1/2 that's like 60 pages long. I want to read the 3 & 4 ones, but I'm waiting for paperback. Ooo--I AM DYING to read:
                a) Rabbit-Proof Fence
                b) Fahrenheit 451
                c) The Eye of the World
                d) the 3 & 4 PDs
                e) a lot more
                Like Stravaganza two. Did you know that the author of Abarat, Clive Barker, is gay? In fact, I honor him for that. He wrote it on the cover of his book (inside flap about him). I think it's good for people to be open about sexuality. As far as I know, I'm straight...but heck what do I care? I think it's so mean for people to stereotype homosexuals.

brokencello
                the crinkled paper bag
                "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                brokencello
                the crinkled paper bag
                "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• ...Is it? Oh, maybe. I am so confused by my very nature... so probably. But I think you're thinking of a different one. *looks around* Someone who knows about this stuff... tell us...

I'm dying to read EVERYTHING. Practically. You know what's a crying shame? There are only five Dark is Rising books. I think it's really sad.

Clive Barker: yes. I always read author bios and that one's actually kinda cute. (Though no author bio has ever been better than PTerry's... "Terry Pratchett was born in Ninteen something and is still not dead." Heh.) *shrugs* yeah, I guess it's pretty brave. I would agree with you... though I think "it's so mean" is, perhaps, not the phrasing I would have used.

--Agent M

Comment

• DD's is good too, I can't remember exactly what it says but it's good. And though I don't read The Series of Unfortunate Events the dedications are very funny. Which actually has nothing to do with author bios.... or does it?

*Agent~M*
                    "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                    *Agent~M*
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "I could live

Comment

• Hmm. For anyone who hates George. W. Bush click here

*Agent~M*
                      *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

• I like the letters on the back of the Series of Unfortunate Events. He like tries to make you not read it. And he says that some things shouldnt be stated or something and then he tells you them its really funny. And I want to read Fahrenheit 451 too!! isnt it about a fireman and a world without books?? I didnt read it but someone did a report on it. ok maybe see you tomorrow guys.

~*KsSk8er*~
                        Hogwarts Dropout
                        Dai Stiho
                        ~*KsSk8er*~

Comment

• ooh! heres a good one!!! HITLER IS EVIL!!!!!! Do you guys think anyone is evil? Cuz I bet I could find them on this site. This person thinks EVERYTHING is evil, McDonalds , Kidz Bop , Nike , Dr.Pepper , Houstan, Texas And Much MUCH more. This person is insane.

*Agent~M*

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 13 November 2003 at 17:28.]
                          *Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

• McDonals _is_ evil.

--Agent M

Comment

• ...dr pepper CAN'T be evil!!!

THAT GUY IS EVIL!!!

*miaow.............*

Kitsune Rei~In love and hating it~

Comment

• www.evilsite.com isn't one person. It's a whole community forum, like this website. You guys can go look there, I post as twiddledee. Random, I know. But my favorite is Ann Coulter is Evil, because that dirty American Republican--well, let's just say if I lived in America full-time, I would be a democrat/green party/liberal...and those are her targets. McDonalds really isn't that evil. I also thought it was terrible when they said PETA was evil because it is a really good organization!!!!!!!!!

brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag
                                "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                                --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                                brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag
                                "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

Working...
                                X