No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture day is absolutely, completely, totally unfun. I have never had a good picture come out of it. Actually, I've never had a good picture. (Unless you count those adorable little three years old and under pictures most people have.)

The Algebra test we took today was wayy hard. Did I not mention it in my other post? *goes to look* Nope, I didn't. Anyways, it was positively evil. I didn't get the bonus figured out, but at least I finished. Some people had a lot left.

I haven't heard this song in a while... It's Hero, sung by Enrique Iglesias. It's prettyful. *sigh*

It's not raining anymore. *sigh* The sun came out. At least, it'll be out for maybe another hour or so...
    <3
    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• *chokes*

I was chewing this really nasty gum. I traded a peice of mine for a peice of my brothers. All minty, but it's the sugar free kind, I think, and it has this other taste to it too. So I started chewing some of mine own and the two mixed together... it tasted like the stuff when you get teeth pulled.

If something is hopeless, you'd quit, right?

Yeah, so in tech aka computer graphics, I called over the teacher. When you complete an assignment, mine being a project where you had to create a die, the die being the subject of the scene, and have in be involved in some sort of game, the teacher has to check it. My die was utterly and royally screwed. I guess my point is more... not whether you'd quit over the futility but if you'd see that it was hopeless. The thing was, I commented about how the die messed up when I put on the move animation and then showed him. And he spent a full 10 to 20 minutes playing around and puzzling with the die. It was twisted in such a way you couldn't get it to its original shape. No matter what you did. ... And I wanted to work on the next project because every class period is pretty valuable.

Didn't even check my work.

Not a very big rant, but it's my rant of the day.

*HUGGLES to angel*

Kaiba, post your problems. I know when we get back to you on it or you check up again, it won't be soon enough to do it for homework, but someone can help you understand.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I cannot hula hoop or yo-yo. WAIT. I can hula hoop with my foot, but I don't think that counts.
        What musical did you go to in New York?
        In Language Arts class (English to the rest of the world) we did improv acting for like two hours straight since we get a double period. It was BEYOND FUN! I was SO hyper. It was actually a little bit scary. I got as hyper as I get during taiko in school. If that made any sense.
        Yeah, and I got really hyper in taiko last night too. I talked to this cute guy that I liked, and he was really nice even though he's like three years older than me. Although for that class, that's close together since most people there are AT LEAST twice my age. And he stole my glasses. It was funny. His feet hurt and I laughed at him and he said I would have bad karma. I hope not, although if talking to a cute guy that you like is bad karma, I want more of it.
        The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
        I promise not to funfun anymore
        Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Cress
          ...if talking to a cute guy that you like is bad karma, I want more of it.
          So do I, and I may have to quote you on that. As I mentioned to a girl on my soccer team today, the guy I've liked for FOUR YEARS (yes, I'm pitiful) and knows very well I like him (I'm not sure how, but the whole school seems to know, except until last year, I didn't know they knew. ) hasn't said more than a sentence to me since third grade, when I sat next to him in class. He doesn't know I exist. *sigh* It's not easy being a geek.

The play I saw was "Sweet Charity". If you want a taste of how bad it was, then here: It's about a girl named Charity Hope Valentine, who works as a waitress at a bar-like-place, and the whole thing is centered on her stupid love life, which she doesn't have much success in. Seriously, her first boyfriend at the very beginning of the play is supposedly going to ask her to marry him. Then he shoves her in the river and steals her purse. SHE thinks she slipped, he tried to save her, and accidentaly grabbed her purse instead. She's so stupid, I thought I would vomit.

I just did a very satisfactory paper on preserving Antarctica. It feels like one of my best works yet.
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• I am getting so behind on this....hehe when you skim the togr it is REALLY random...

I'm sitting in English class, waiting for the teacher to come look at my rough draft of the final paper. I mean, good grief, I have it done and printed out, but she's starting on the other side of the room with the people that are still trying to write it!

Anyway...gah I always run out of things to say...oh yeah, iTunes has great techno/trance/ambient stations I like launchcast for everything else, though. I finally got my sis to finish downloading some songs, and I thought she e-mailed them to me before I got off the phone with her yesterday, but today I looked and SHE HASN'T DONE IT YET. Ooh, she's gonna get it the next time I talk to her.

Oh and Gigo is in for it the next time I see him, and he had better hope that my friend Dark isn't on at the same time.

*waits for teacher to get done with that one kid over there*
            ~Rachel

Comment

• Is it normal to hurt worse on the second day after a work out than the day after? Cuz I didn't hurt like this yesterday... See, yesterday, sharky "poked" me to see if it hurt. Yeah, but today it does hurt to poke. Whether I poke it or not.

I don't think you can send music over e-mail...
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hiiii agggaaaiiiinnnnn! *tries once more* Hi again! *huggles* How are you all today? *more huggles* I'm in a huggly mood. I have no homework! *dances around* Well, besides the huge project that's due on Monday that I really need to work on but don't really want to and the testimony that I have to give in class on Friday because I won't be there tomorrow because of an Academic Team field trip. That was probably the longest, most confusing sentence I've ever written. If you need a translation, please tell me. In any case, the Academic Team thing/ Quick Recall really isn't all that great. I mean, I get out of school, but I'll have to make up the work. *sigh*

7th period was extremely boring. All I had to do was finish reading the book Across Five Apirls, which I was nearly finished with anyways. I had about five pages left or so. However, the people kept talking! *growl* The teacher was going off on random subjects. Smoke just about came out of my ears. It was really hard to read with all that noise. Well, I finished the book and my homework from History, then I wrote a note to one of my friends. Hehehe... Well, the teacher came up and talked to me about the Quick Recall thing while I still had the note on my desk. Being a teacher's pet is good for somethings. *wipes sweat off brow* Oh, and my friend Brittany and I had a great idea: We should all get our most favoritest teacher in the whole wide world for homeroom! Actually, it was all Bitbit's idea. I have random nicknames for my friends. See, Brittany, Ally, and I were really extremely close friends in sixth grade, when we had this most fantabulous teacher who is now moving to the high school. Now, Aly is all popular and doesn't have time for us. Literally. She rushes around with cheerleading and her boyfriend and school junk. *sigh*

Ohhh... And then Brittany was thinking about this other thing today, earlier. In 5th grade there was a book club that the librarian had. I was the first to sign up. The first week, I was the only one there. The librarian said that one other person had signed up: the guy I had liked in 3rd grade. ROFL. It's really funny now. Anyways, the second week we both were there. By the third week, I had convinced Brittany to come. At least, I think it was the third week... It was really fun in any case, with just the three of us. (Actually, pretty sad that no one else was into it) So, during ICP, Brittany randomly says, "Wouldn't it be funny if there was a book club with only me, you, and Cole in it?" (Cole was the guy) We start bursting out laughing while everyone stares at us like we're crazy. Which we are. Oooo. It wasn't random. The guys were being...well...guys and pushing each other in the hall and someone had knocked Cole into me. Of course, he doesn't know I exist. He said "sorry" and moved on. Heh.

This is turning out to be an extremely long post about completely random stuff that happened today. Weeelllllllll....*ponders* I don't think there's anything else that happened today, besides the principal going around the lunchroom with a bottle of ketchup asking if anyone wanted any. That was funny.

I write all this as I wait for my mom to get off the phone... Goodness, she can talk for a long time. Ah. She's off now. In any case, I can probably outtalk her any day. Well, maybe not on days when my throat is soar, but on normal days...

Gryph: That's happened to me before.
                <3
                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Angel Star
                  7th period was extremely boring. All I had to do was finish reading the book Across Five Apirls, which I was nearly finished with anyways.
                  7th for me is math. Ick. But I get to miss it on Monday for a dentist appointment. And "Across Five Aprils": What do you think about it? A couple of the classes (Steph's included) had to read it. Is the entire first chapter really about picking potatoes? Or am I completely nuts?

Speaking of appointments, yesterday I went to the doctors for a check-up. I've grown two inches and...never mind about the weight...in a year or so. But...I haven't had my tetnus shot in nine years. They say you should get a booster every ten years, so we said 'Why not now?' That's why I can barely move my left (dominant) arm. Shot's aren't too painful. Until the next day when your arm is swollen.

Yay-ness! I got student of the month for my team! (There are four 7th grade teams, with about 130 kids each. There's four 8th grade teams too, roughly the same amount of kids.) They announced like four months worth of Sudents of the Month at our Honor Roll assembly today, including May and June, which HAVEN'T HAPPENED YET!!! Funny--the only guy who was as smart as me in elementary school didn't get on A honor roll, didn't get student of the month, but got picked for something else, randomly: a lunch with the principal!! Hehehe. I always told you I was better! Unicorns DO exist! Ha! (I told him I know unicorns are real, and he kept on teasing me about it. Whenever he was losing an argument with me, he'd say 'Well at least I don't believe in unicorns' and it got so bad that his friends were like 'Dude, what's with it with you and the unicorns?' It was so funny.) Of course, our teacher liked me better, so D (the guy) doesn't like our old teacher. D says that our teacher was fun and stuff, but he was bad at teaching. That's the only thing he's said to me this year.

And guess what! When I WASN'T THERE on Saturday, our soccer team won for the FIRST TIME this season. The score was 3 to 2. Yay!
                  Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                  "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                  "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Angel Star:
                    7th period was extremely boring.
                    Lisa:
                    7th for me is math. Ick.
                    That's eerie... my 7th period is math, too! (my birthday is also the same day as your cats! Isn't that wierd?) Erghh... Math is NOT my good area... at all. Numbers baffle me much more efficiently then words. Words are beautiful, you can weave them and make poetry and "other" wonderful things with them. Numbers don't do those nice things... they're just numbers. (Icky and nasty ones at that).

By the way Lisa, don't say that shots aren't TOO painful, cause some really ARE. Rabies shots hurt like hell. Other shots are all right, most you can barely even feel, but I wouldn't generalize. Blood tests on the other hand... *shudders* THEY are WAY worse then shots any day...

The math test that I had thought I would fail, I did fail, but so did everyone else in the class! (Well, not everyone, but a decent amount) I think my teach must not have taught that lesson clearly. He may do redos for the test or have already submitted our failed grades. I wouldn't mind retaking the test, now that I PARTIALLY understand it, but I seem to do even worse (if possible) on test retakes! Also, I would LIKE to check my grade online (to see if he submitted our grades or not) on "Powerschool," but since I lost the sheet with my username and pasword, (I'm not the most organized person), I'll have to wait until tommorow to find out. I have no math homework tonight though! Yay!! *Jumps up and down liek this smiley * Tomorrow is the school play, and the grade has to rehearse for it and all. Thank the "Pajama Game" for knocking my homework back a few days! Anything that rids the world of homework I will worship like I worship Seto-sama!! Wait, not THAT much, (it won't WANT to be worshipped that much anyway -.-;.

Comment

• Wow. Someone wants to quote me. I feel loved now. Anyway, today was a majorly not cool day. I had THREE tests. Yes, THREE. We had a group test in math, which is where everyone at your table can talk and work out the problems together. However, for me that's NOT a good thing, since the people I sit by are horrible at math. They know it and admit it. Actually M is one of them. So basically for me it was in excercise in learning how to teach. I got to go over each of the problems and try not to just tell them how to do it, but guide them through step by step. And I did that TWICE on some problems. I was about ready to strangle someone by the end.
                      Plus swimming was rather evil. Breaststroke drills are evil. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE breaststroke, but the drills for it are messed up because you have to do either just the arm pull with a different kick or just the kick but without a kickboard to try and get the motion right. SO messed up.
                      The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                      I promise not to funfun anymore
                      Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Ummm... Hello. I don't really know what I'm doing here... but I've been reading other posts, and I got the feeling that I should maybe post here. Anyways, yeah... I'm posting...whee! I guess, since it's about randomness, I'll continue the topic on "hating" math...(hehe) I personally despise all math but radicals and logarithms... *shrugs* I can't help it, logs are neat. *grin* However, AP European history is not fun when you realize that there is only a week to go until the AP test, when you thought that you had two... *hits self in head* I should probably be studying...hehe

Okay... i think that's it... Please don't hurt me for posting in the cool people post... pity the newb. *grin*

Comment

• Stormpetrel:
                          Okay... i think that's it... Please don't hurt me for posting in the cool people post... pity the newb. *grin*
                          Welcome! Nah, we won't hurt you. We don't bite. Usually. Except on the full moon, whe- *cough*
                          Yeah, we're all crazy here, don't worry.
                          Running through the newbie guide, quickly and missing several things, because I've never been good at this part... basically, try not to post one-liners because DD (Diane Duane) pays for the forums, and capitalize and stuff... and then this's where I forget the rest. You're doing fine, though, with the post length and capitals.

Angel:
                          After pondering a moment: Can you hoola hoop? I can hoola hoop. My friend Emily cannot hoola hoop.
                          Wow. I actually have no idea... I don't think we have a hula hoop. Or one of the dogs chewed it, or something. And now I have the sudden urge to look for one, to see.

Kaiba:
                          We had "Spring" school pictures in school today.... yippee! *sarcasm*
                          Heh... oddly enough, I had pictures taken too. Same day. But for a completely different reason... me and my little brother went out and sat on the steps with all three dogs, and mom took pictures of us with the digital camera, to send to dad in Iraq... dad who's somewhere pretty safe, anyway. Not like my cousin, who's going there to fight. I never met him...

Comment

• heyya Stormpetrel....ehm, storm?? like from xmen hahaa..a....yeah........*drifts*
                            *COME SEE WMS's production ONCE ON THIS ISLAND IN WASHINGTONVILLE IF YOU JUST HAPPEN TO LIVE IN NY, EVEN THOUGH NONE OF YOU LIVE HERE, PROBABLY. that was bad grammar....*

Yo quero ir la biblioteca con mi amigo se llama Fred.
                            ?No Bob?
                            No, no Bob. Fred, es un hoyo blanco en los libros de Young Wizards.
                            Pues, ¿Va usted a la biblioteca a obtener un libro??
                            Si.
                            ¿Qué es su profesión? ¿Usted es un bibliotecario??
                            No, soy un maga.

^^That was my conversation I had with my teacher for part of my spanish test. I got an A. ^_^

A/N: I can not hula hoop.
                            ~*KsSk8er*~
                            "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
                            Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• Gryph: yes you can send music over e-mail. My sis sent me some Flogging Molly songs over Gmail before, and it's much faster than transferring them over AIM. (They're downloads btw )

Anyway, today has been interesting so far. Future sophomore registration began this morning at 7 am. Katie and I got up at around 6:30 and she found out that the site is 7 minutes ahead so she got to register really quickly, and she let me use her comp so I could do it quickly and not have to go to the comp lab and be crowded and stuff. Right after I was done the server practically died b/c it just turned 7 (7:07 on the site clock) and practically everyone tried logging in at the same time. I didn't get the time I wanted for one of my classes, so I had to get it earlier, which means I have to be in class at 8 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays next semester. I was hoping to avoid that, but oh well. Also, the way my schedule is, I have no busy days (I have about 3 classes or so a day, and they're mostly spread out a bit) and Fridays off!

I am prolly going to go take a nap now, and I need to work on my papers so I'll be back later this afternoon...but then again, they're showing the Incredibles tonight and I might try to go see that b/c I like it.

*yawn* Yes, naptime coming up....
                              ~Rachel

Comment

• [To angel about the principal:] Maybe the ketchup was spiked. XD

Stormpetril:
                                Heyyy! *huggles the newbie* I'm Gryph, and, well, nnnggg... brainless zombie today. I'm gonna run laps around the house. Anyway, it's not like we shun newbie-ness. The people here at nice, the majority. Ehh...

Quote from Chime the monster chat:

Peter Murray DD put up a slideshow of the cat who died :/ .
                                la13 hah hah.

...Great timing. XD No, la didn't do it on purpose, but her line came right after pm's.

Oh-oh! And, for Storm, DD chats with the members about once a month. The next chat date was posted somewhere, but I don't remember it. They're always on Saturdays, unless you're in a different time zone that's a day ahead of us.

So, yeah. Can't be too thankful for the second three day weekend in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X