No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here ever dyed his or her hair with Kool-Aid? Does it work? Do you recommend it? It is hard to wash out?
    I'm contemplating something multicolored for Halloween, and that seems to be a way to get lots of colors cheaply.

Comment

• I've dyed my hair with Kool-Aid and it DEFINITELY didn't work -.- No, instead of purple-ish hair, I got little sugar crystals clumping my hair together(and believe me, that's a pain to get out). Maybe I did it wrong, I don't know, but I wouldn't recommend it. XD
      ~~~~~
      You know when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once, I want to say, "Nope. It's for company. Help yourself. Make yourself comfy. Take your time."

Comment

• I have to do a speech tomorrow in Speech class!!!! ARRGGHH!!!! It's about the most stupid thing ever--who you would want to be stranded with on a desert island. I'm thinking about putting my best friend. I dunno. Well, the real answer's this guy I like, but I can't do a whole SPEECH (!) on that. I'm supposed to be doing that now. *throws pencil at speech teacher (even if she is the coolest teacher i've had)*

*sigh*
        Dai...
        Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

• ELDEST! IT'S OUT! YES!

I'm reading it currently, and since I had to come to dinner (reluctantly), I figured I'd stop by here.

*mutters* Stupid poetry contest...the winner's poem is on www.alagaesia.com , under the "NEWS" heading. The limit was 100 words, but the winning poem was 132. It's an awesome poem, though, and deserved to win.

There's a good roleplay-like game there, rather simple...*doesn't say that it took her several hours* Be wary of the maze. That took a while for me.

Kool-aid hair dye? No comment. But "dot markers" work okay. They're a bit difficult to get off, and I don't know about girls' hair (my brothers use them every year for "crazy hair day").

I need a storybook character costume idea for an upcoming parade. It can be books like HP, or Star Wars, but has to be recognizable for young kids.
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Lisa-- what are dot markers? My hair is very short and straight, by the way.

Storybook characters-- well it depends on how embarassing/elaborate/etc. you want to get. I suppose even after the movies a hobbit wouldn't be recognizable to to little kids, but I think doing the feet would be fun.

Comment

• AYEEE! I finished, I finished, I finished! My cross country meet, that is. 26 minutes! That's pretty good for a first year and first time runner. Yep Yep Yep Yep! Happy crazy happy crazy happy!

Kool-aid: no comment. The stuff tastes nasty, and I've never seen it work on anyone's hair at school when they tried it. But I'd never dye my hair, I don't even like getting it cut, like I had to this morning. 4 inches. My head feels a bit lighter.

26 minutes! On the dot! AYEEEEE! YEP! AYEEEEEEEE! HAPPY! AYEE! I'm very excited, can you tell? AYEEEE!

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• Alla:
                Sheesh... that bonsaikitten page I first saw that email... four years ago. And it keeps popping up in my inbox . Its a pretty good hoax website though.
                I remember that... when I first heard/saw it, I frieked out. I was beyond horrified at the idea. If it HADN'T turned out to be a hoax... *shudders* How disgusting humanity would be.

Hungry:
                Kool-aid: no comment. The stuff tastes nasty, and I've never seen it work on anyone's hair at school when they tried it. But I'd never dye my hair, I don't even like getting it cut, like I had to this morning. 4 inches. My head feels a bit lighter.
                I hate kool aid. Bleh. Tastes sooo disgusting. I got a hair cut a few days ago too, except they only cut a few inches... that means it only goes a few inches about my waist now, (I have really long hair!). But it's even on the bottom now! Yay!

Lisa:
                I need a storybook character costume idea for an upcoming parade. It can be books like HP, or Star Wars, but has to be recognizable for young kids.
                What, are you cosplaying?... With story-book characters rather than anime ones? Maybe you should dress up at Harry Potter, everyone knows who he is...except tht might look a bit hilarious. I dunno. Oh yeah, and watch the KC Grand Prix premier this weekend.

Today was the first-ish school day. We went around to all our classes, though only for ten minute periods, and... WE ALREADY GOT FRIEKING HOMEWORK!! Noooooo! And my friends got it WAY worse then me, we spent like three hours in the student commons area in the library trying to do like only two problems for pyhsics and geometry. Why can't the teachers cut us confused freshman some slack?! I mean, we're seriously noobs right now... but what sucks even worse was that my first schedule had no classes with ANY of my friends, and I switched to chorus my new schedule had classes with my friends but then my best friend got her schedule switched so now I know no one in my classes!

After school, me an my friend went to the park, where they have a massive area of play-sets and jungle gyms, and climbed on the all off them frieked out the little kids. There was this one little girl that seriously ATTACKED me! Literally. She said "I'm gonna get you!" and threw herself at me, grabbing me and everything! >.< Erk. Little kids when they act like that can get on my nerves...

After that we went into town and stopped and Borders and... *halleluyah music plays in background* ...they had the Yugioh: Millenium World manga!! Except, it was volume uno, which I already had the whole freaking scans for! So my friend (who doesnt have a bajillion manga-scans dominating her hard-drive) bought it (yes, we're both wierd Yugioh/anime frieks). I didn't buy anything, but me wanty my Gravitation. But that manga is too yaoi-full for my parents to find lying around...

Now I have to finish my homework for Freshman English/World History Seminar. Dai!

Comment

• Mwahahahahahaha I'm baaaack!

Yesterday afternoon I got back from the windy city. Chicago... Which by going there, I experienced my 1st time on a plane! YIPPII! The view was absolutly stunning 40,000 feet up above the ground, and the sky was really clear except for those fluffy fluffy clouds that angels play on...
                  Atlantic City was fun too, the waves were killer, up to 8 ft high! My dad, my cousin, and me were on the beach the entire two days we were there... And my cousin forgot his flipflops, so he had 2 wear his mums pink ones... He got pimped! hehe.
                  Kaiba4ever- you started school already!? Oh i feel your pain! I don't start school until sept. 8th... and tomorrow I'm going away on a 10 day vacation... though I have to finnish this 5 paragraph essay on Homecoming: which we had to read and write the 5 paragraph essay on. I feel like a wirdo though, cause all my friends HATE it, and aren't even halfway through it, and I'm already 1/2 way through the essay... somethings wrong with this picture!!!

quote: talking beast
                  _______________________________________________Has anyone here ever dyed his or her hair with Kool-Aid? Does it work? Do you recommend it? It is hard to wash out?
                  I'm contemplating something multicolored for Halloween, and that seems to be a way to get lots of colors cheaply.

DON'T USE KOOL AID! Not only does it taste grose, but its sooo bad for your hair. My friend tried it once, and it didn't work at all... And it made her hair all sticky and gooey and it took her a week to get her hair back to normal.
                  If your looking for some cheep hair dye, I'd suggest going to cvs and getting some there... A lot of my friends go there 4 it, and the stuff comes out easiily etc... Though when you get it, make sure that it comes out when you shower. Once of my friends dyed her hair pure black when she was a natral blond, and she thought the dye was the kind that washed off in the shower, but when she showered that night... it didn't come out, cause she bought the semi permenant stuff that lasted 6 weeks. Make sure u read the labels carefully.
                  AHHH summer homework is driving me insane... I'm taking a 5 minute break currently, but I'm so exhausted, and not only do we have to do the essay, but we've got to do a brainstorm, outline, and rough draft. So I'm like... making grammer mistakes on purpous just so i haves something to correct. Plus I can't find my favorite tee-shirt... *cries*

oh well... at least i'm going on vacation.

~Nella~

Comment

• You can get temporary hair dye at pretty much any drug store/chemists/whatever else they're called or a beauty supply store (like Sally Beauty. Or even Hot Topic, but I don't know how temporary that stuff is)

I definitely don't want to dye my hair...it's natural red, and so therefore would clash with all teh fun neon dyes, and would be a major pain to get back again if I screwed summat up. Besides, we can't have unnatural hair colors at my school. ::sniff::
                    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• Hmm...so far my classes have been ok, mainly b/c we haven't started doing anything in them yet. History class sounds hard though! We have to do a lot of writing. *sigh* I HATE writing essays, especially history and science essays! ((In the words of Harakka, arrinmurrin!))
                      Accounting is next, and I despise accounting, but I have to take it b/c I'm majoring in business...sheesh.

About Kool-aid: I like to drink kool-aid, but I usually go for the diet off-brand name kind that you get at Walmart b/c it's cheap and good...I wouldn't suggest putting it in your hair, it stains really badly and runs everywhere when it rains (my older sis did it a couple of times in like 8th grade or something, and it was a MESS). I wouldn't suggest dying your hair in the first place anyway. I have permed and dyed my hair several times before as a younger teen, and it RUINED my hair majorly, so now it's all frizzy and I have to put a lot of gel to tame it...ANNOYANCE, and not worth it.

So anyaway, it's off to accounting now, TTYL!
                      ~Rachel

Comment

• Erm...my school is the pits. I've had a horrible first two days. Never want to go back, and the sad thing is, I wasn't this negative about it as a freshman. Oy. First of all, My homeroom has doubled in size. Last year, we had 14 kids, just enough so we could each have our own locker. Well, now we have 28. And most of the people in it are smokers, and I REALLY don't want to share a locker with someone who smokes. My parents might think I was smoking if my stuff starts to smell, so I'm going to move into my friends' lockers until I find an empty one to call home, which won't happen for a few weeks.

Teachers...crazy people. You'd think that since I live with a teacher, I'd be used to their eccentricities (sp?) but my teachers are really weird. My Adv Algebra 2 teacher talks to us like we're 2nd graders, and then starts talking about a whole bunch of really hard mathematical stuff. And my military history teacher...he is sort of sexist. He keeps making comments about how girls in his class always just sit and write notes to their boyfriends. Well, I want to prove him wrong. 1.Because I don't have a boyfriend, and 2.Because I rarely write notes. Another thing: I haven't seen the guy I like at all, but I know he's there somewhere, because he's on the football team...Also, I had a really hard cross country practice today, so I'm in a bad mood. If you've read this much, I applaud you. Sorry to rant about my life, but ARGH!

Caitlin: same here about the unnatural colors thing. We also now can't wear sweatpants or hoodie sweatshirts. We're going to freeze in the winter. If they had to change the dress code, they should at least try to heat the building more in the winter.

-(a very angry) seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• Originally posted by seabiscuit1009:
                          ... And my military history teacher...he is sort of sexist. He keeps making comments about how girls in his class always just sit and write notes to their boyfriends.
                          Think about it this way. He's probably just angry because in high school he didn't have a girlfriend who wrote notes to him.
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Gibby! You're alive! *tacklehugs*

I've missed a few days, have I not? School is...actually, too broad of a topic. You see, my first two classes of the day, excluding homeroom, rock on high. Band is awesome, even though I can't play the music. We got this grade 6 piece Friday that I can actually play a bit of...it made me happy. I had part of it stuck in my head and started humming to it during the fire drill. Honors English with the best teacher in the entire world is next. There are two things I don't like about that class. For some reason, my teacher keeps saying things basically against democrats and liberals. I try to just ignore it, but inwardly I fume. Also, she rambles on a lot. I'd like to just work on stuff instead of listen to things I don't exactly care about.

I loathe P.E. I'm not the fittest person in the world. *sigh* We had to run the mile, and I got like just under 13 minutes. It was supposed to be under 10 minutes 10 seconds, or something like that. Meh.

Honors Geometry is with a bunch of Sophomores who ask the dumbest questions. The only freshman who seems to have any trouble is L, this guy who's in three of my classes and drives me insane(er). My teacher in this class also has issues with liberals. *mutters* He played a Delirious music video in class one day and plays music a lot. Not that classical stuff; Christian artists and all that jazz. That's okay, but the music video just took up time.

I love Spanish. I don't understand most of what Mr. C says, but he's so funny (when talking in English). I sit by a Junior who actually talks to me. She said hi to me in the hallway. There's a really cute Sophomore guy diagonally behing me...

Bible is just annoying. Everything is so...purposeless. The order of class is as follows: Read a chapter in the Bible that's on the board, read the School Statement of Faith (rolls eyes), pray, take notes. It's ever so monotonous. Mr. P can't remember anyone's name. I have a necklace with my name on it, but he still doesn't get it right. Strangely, he called me my mum's name...

Biology would be great if I didn't have to sit by this one girl who just attaches herself to me. It's rather annoying. She's bossy and self-centered and always thinks she's right. *mutters* As soon as we finish our stupid project, I'm begging J to let me sit with him.

Yeah...

Zach (actually, his parents) is coming here in a bit to take me to this concert at the state fair or whatever with them.

My hair's being stupid and still hasn't dried. I took a shower a bit before noon, and it's 3:30. I really don't feel like using the hair dryer, but it seems like I'll have to. I have my hair in two braids so it'll crimp a bit, but if I take the braids out before my hair is totally dry, the wavyness will be all gone.

My little brother is at a pool party right now. Tomorrow he's going to another birthday party. Such a little socialite. Harumph.

Well, I need to finish getting ready so I'll end this rather long post (at least for me) right here. Toodles all!
                              <3
                              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• ~Rachel

Comment

Working...
                                X