No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you just did your standardized testing!!! we finished ours awhile ago let me tell you thougs students who slaved over the test did more sweating than slaving. my teacher had the heater on full blast and we were sweating. god, im just happy that on both days i finished with about and hour and ahalf left from 4 hours of testing to read and stuff. mel dont demean yourself like that... i mean i read too much (as i have been told) an love my english and math class but that dosnt make me a geek. your only a geek if you think you are, and do you like all your classes? im sooo bored im getting over my happy little cold and i still have pains everywhere. the best cure i must say is tea. it sooths most of the sore ness then take a nice shower and then get lots of sleep in a day or two you should be as happy as you were before you got sick.

god i cannt belive my day im living at a school that i swear would keep us fo illigal exparementation and would care. my school is gated like a military base (which it was at some point) but the teachers at my school have like no feeling at all. they just stare at you like your insane they need to get back on their battery charger!

olivia: as most have been agreeing with you i will too. i remember last year (freashman year) like it was yesterday and then here we are how far away. *sigh* i cannt belive it. and you know what before you know it we are all going to be old and just not care any more, going to collage working at a job making a living. if only we could stay young forever.
    its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• *thinks of random things* the ferrets broke one of their shelves, and it was really funny to watch them eat out of the bowl while gripping onto the wall until i figured i had to move it...oh, and there was a fire at my school! and did anyone else know that the line in the bible saying that you may not suffer a witch to live is a mistranslation? if translated CORRECTLY from hebrew, it says you may not suffer a POISONER to live. all those trials for nothing...but we would have had them anyways, no doubt. it's just part of peoples nature...
      was that great and random enough for the topic?
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharklord:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
        Hungry/Seabiscuit:

Newbies: please! For my sanity, and others' sanity, use good grammar, punctuation, capitals, correct spelling...we're like English class. Only more fun! Just use it-if you have to, type up your posts in Microsoft Word or something so you can spell check them. It really makes us oldbies happy, and makes it more likely for you to stick around long enough to become an oldbie!
        Hmmm...IIII remember when you were a newbie. Actually I remember when you didn't exist =P. </div>[quote]
        If I remember correctly (which I do) I was a good <STRIKE>movie</STRIKE> newbie. Why I just typed movie, I don't really know. Anyway, I used capitals, correct grammar, and correct spelling. Of course, all my posts were about horses, but that's sort of a moot point. XD

Tomorrow is the last day of the quarter. I a freaking out about life right now. I just want it to be over, so I can worry about new things, instead of homework that I didn't do while I was absent last month. One more day...one more day until I can just stop worrying about it...

I think something's going on at my school. All of the sudden, they're getting very paranoid about things like security, and today we had an announcement telling us not to "meander through the halls alone." (funny phrasing, that's why I quoted it.) Some people say it's because a few days ago, apparently some stranger came into the school and was following a freshman girl around. I don't know how that would happen; this makes me think that our stupid security guards? Yeah, they so aren't doing their job if someone like that got into our school. I'm worried; it's kind of like school was the one place where I usually felt very safe; now it's like...wow, someone got into our school, and tried to do bad things. And I now hate our security guards; if they can't do their job...anyway, it's usually the teachers at the doors, trying to make sure only the right people get into school, and writing visitors passes for visitors. Why do we have them if they can't keep people like that out? Sorry...it's just an extremely scary thought, because of course, I am one of the people who usually ends up roaming the halls alone during classes when I've got a pass, study hall, or lunch. So, of course I'm a little worried.

Yesterday at track, I got covered in mud. It was pretty sweet, but kind of gross too, since it's mud! We were running in the woods, and I just like...wiped out totally and landed on my back/left side. Mud everywhere, and we think the mud is seriously toxic or something, since it's green and smells weird. Of course, since we were running in areas where horseback riders go, it could have been poop. That is slightly gross, and I think I'm going to get off this vein of thought.

I liked Pride and Prejudice; I read it last summer because I was bored. However, I like Tess of the d'Urbervilles much better; I really can't believe a guy wrote it; Thomas Hardy seriously thinks like a girl in some parts of the book.

Today was a very rainy day; it was kind of weird. Don't know why it was weird, but it was weird. I like the rain, but this isn't the normally warm rain we normally get on days like this. It's a cold, miserable rain that drives people to do things like...I can't even think of the kinds of things people do in this rain. Drive like maniacs? That works, I guess. People do drive like nuts in the rain.

Too many violins...my siblings are playing two different songs on their violins, which they are getting for their birthdays. $1000 violins for both of them...wonder what I can get out of my parents for my birthday, since I got wait-listed for the camp I was going to go to for my birthday if I got in...maybe an iPod Video. Lots cheaper than what they were going to give me, and lots cheaper than those violins which are giving me a headache. XD I really do love my siblings you know; just not when they A. play 2 different songs at once or B. wake me up 2 hours before I need to wake up.

Comment

• Hnng. I bought Emma some time ago, and read it, and liked it. However, Miss Woodhouse was too...what shall I say...unthinking...for my tastes. Same with Catherine Morland...she shoulda seen through Isabella. Mansfield Park I like better.

I have to do an Informative Speech, and I decided on the Salem witchcraft trials. Other people are doing global warming, some dude from the Beatles, Colin Powell (ah, J, why?), and Oprah. We'll get to hear a motley assortment of speeches. Whoo-hoo, aren't I excited. Poor teacher is sick as a dog today, so we're in the library, finding a book source.

I got my braces off yesterday and consequently missed 1st and 2nd period. Whatever they used to take off the rest of the cement smelled like burning charcoal. My retainer is a pretty clear with glitter. I kept gagging on it at random intervals yesterday, but sleeping with it in overnight seems to have taken care of that problem. At volleyball practice last night, Kelsey noticed and decided to tell everyone; I was going to wait to see if anyone noticed, but whatever.

TGIF! I'm gonna go home and rreellaaxx. But before that happens, I have to do some pointless lab in Bio (which we are only doing because the 1st period class decided they wanted to), survive Oedipus and the Padre Nuestro, stay awake during Geometry and Mr. M's class, and not make a fool of myself at indoor soccer.

It's hard to believe that the school year's almost over, but so it is. Kinda creepy, really, when I'm gonna actually have to begin thinking a little about what I want to do when I'm out of college. I think I'd like to be a writer.

I think this is actually my 100th post. Yippee! What a milestone. We should throw a party.
          I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Thisis WAY random...wait..doesnotmatter HERE!! okay, so, all yallknow how DD put up a post from banning BAD BAD NAUGHTY NAUGHTY NO NO links about YW. But, first of all, how in GODS name could anyone even have weird thoughts like that about YW??? Second of all,EWWW!! Third of all, yuck!! I have been sitting on my sisters bed, and on her UNDIES!! EEWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Plus, how can anyone get anything sick from YW books???\
            Need help with homework, E-Mail me @ elizabeth1ofengland@yahoo.com I am ALWAYS bored!! Or, if u want a brief lesson on Tudor era Monarchy.

Comment

• Ehm...that's nice.

But anyway..

You know what smells amazing? Fabreeze. It is amazing, truely it is.

Whee, I just a victeem of grammer-b- gune.

Fweesh. I dunno. I do the announcements at school and sometimes we have these little mini ones like, "Mr. So-and-so's b-team won the basketball championships yesterday." and stuff, and I really don't most of the time, as long as you can read it, but sometimes, we get the really funny ones that make no sense at all. Like, they're not even sentences, and it looks like a first grader with nice handwriting wrote it. It's actually sort of amusing, .

Hmm...so, yesterday-today was my best friend's birthday, and it was pretty awesome. We spent the whole time messing with each others' hair, rocking out on guitar hero, making videos of each other completely destroying someone with chocolate brownies, sisterhood-ifying my friend's ripped up pants (which are now the awesomeness), eating crap, and watching "The Princess Bride." Ohh, that and getting really creeped out by a tickle-me-elmo doll a friend got her (she's often called emo, even though she's not, and if any of you know the tickle-me-emo spoof, that's what it was). But seriously, it freaked everyone out 'cause in the middle of the night, it just went off laughing randomly....

Soo...

Aaass....yoooou...wiish!

That's the first time I've seen that movie, and it is amazing.

Well, I think I'm going to go play "The Tempest" on the piano now. Magnificent reel. It has a right bubbly tune that will liable get stuck in me head...XD

Alright, gators, I'm out XDD

EDIT: Ohh yeah, I also got my new glasses (finally)!! They're really cool, but according to ...everyone who noticed, they either make me look emo or like a librarian. It's weird. I'm neither. hmm...Ach weel, it's funny how one tiiiny article or clothing or accessory can totally change a person's view on you. Huhn.
              just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• marina:
                Hnng. I bought Emma some time ago, and read it, and liked it. However, Miss Woodhouse was too...what shall I say...unthinking...for my tastes. Same with Catherine Morland...she shoulda seen through Isabella. Mansfield Park I like better.
                Woah, unthinking? She had something analytical to say about _everything_. Her real flaw is her inability to see the world beyond her assumptions, and the book practically revolved around her judgement. You could even say she was scheming to a fault. Mansfield Park is about a very conservative view of women (apparently, Austen's mindset at that point in life), that intelligence shouldn't be valued in women. In fact, in should be discouraged in favor of other qualities, such as being accepting and sheep like.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• first off anyone here f kys to the kingdom? i was wondering. second fabreezz smells horrible
                  its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Hmmm...I actually like the smell of Febreeze (not Fabreezz...that sounds like the name of a Pokemon or something idiotic like that. Yes, I called Pokemon idiotic. :P Deal with it XD) What you do is, you use it to spray the inside of your gym bag when it starts to smell like feet, then let the bag sit overnight, since most gym bags are not very absorbant and the liquid just sits in the bottom until it evaporates, taking away the smell of your stinky running shoes. Ahem. The finest use for Febreeze.

I just spent 2.5 hours discussing the finer (and not so fine) points of 13 colleges with my mother. After the first 5, they all kind of started to look and sound the same. Oh, and I'm sick of college mail; I've got it counted, and since I took the PSAT in October, I've gotten like...70-80 pieces of mail, probably more. A lot of it's from the University of South Carolina. I'd say that that's the school I've gotten the most unsolicited mail from. I love South Carolina-great state-but there is no way I'm going to college there, since it's too far away from home for me.

Oh...I'm sad. My brother finally picked out a violin (he named it Buddah...don't ask), so I thought we'd be all done with the whole 20 violins in the house thing. But no. My mom, the music teacher in our district, and my sister's violin tutor have decided that my sister has outgrown her violin, which she's had for 2 years. So now, the violin search begins again. I swear, if I hear one more statement about violins...urg. Why can't my parents be as concerned about running as they are about violins? Urgurgurg.

And I need a new book to read. Something I haven't read yet, hence the term "new book." I guess I should go read my "new" book for English, Tess of the d'Urbervilles. Yay. It's not bad, just not what I want to read.

Comment

• intelligence shouldn't be valued in women. In fact, in should be discouraged in favor of other qualities, such as being accepting and sheep like.
                      I must concur heartily with that analysis, Gryphon. Just smile and go 'baaaaaa' now, please. *ducks*

I'm not a big fan of talking about my fairly boring life; I'd rather listen and take random notes on other peoples' lives. But in a short character sketch...I'm sitting here in a leather executive chair with my feet propped up on my bed and my Macbook on my lap; it's about 54 degrees and overcast outside and the fan's blowing a steady stream of air at me. You can see the motes of dust in the air as they blow by, tracing unseen patterns drawn by chaos. My left leg's getting the pins and needles feeling as I type and I'm listening to Ben Folds with headphones so I don't disturb Ryan, who went to bed at six-ish. Just finished a genetics test, and I'm feeling all pensive and philosophical, and writing a response to a question.

See, now I'm torn between being more descriptive, so you can actually -picture- what it's like, and, well, not doing it, because you don't -care-. :-P

That being said, I would like to share the question with you guys; if any of you want to answer it, feel free.

The world ends in 72 hours. How do you justify your life?
                      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

• Hello, everyone! I return for my periodic check-in to make sure that everyone here is still alive. I also checked in for news of Mars, which unfortunately was unforthcoming...

Hope everyone's well. I am, I'm enjoying my lovely spring break.
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean L.:
                          Just smile and go 'baaaaaa' now, please. *ducks*
                          Can it, Sean.

Wish I were still on Spring Break. It'd be nice. Especially since I have to practice a speech today that I haven't actually put together yet, and my algebra isn't done. Algebra is nice to revert to after three quarters of geometry. I also have a bio test today over PLANTS (aren't we excited). Right now it's Spanish, with most people practicing a conversation, others speed-reading bio notes, and the loverly sound of welders and other construction noises occuring right outside the window.

Alarm clocks should be destroyed. Maybe I'll start a campaign and picket outside a factory or the nearest electronics store. Not really, but I can imagine. Having to wake up before you want to is murder. I am ssooo tired of school, and tired in general. Volleyball on Thursday is going to be exhausting, since we have to be ready for our tournament on Sunday. Our team ended up placing 3rd in our last tourney, which was about 10 hours long, mind. I went home and finished reading, and slept.

As for how I'd justify my life, I really have no idea. Interesting question.

Oh dear. I'm rambling, which naturally leads to my coming insanity from want of reading material. I'll go use this open lab well and do my homework.
                          I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• i havent even started my spring breack yet.*arrg* the waiting is soo annnoying i cannt stand it anymore. i have a darn chemistry test in a week that i have to take and im failing the darn class. somtimes i wonder why i keep going.

marina salem: i soo agree with your alarm clock theroy its not even funny. for me its gotten to the point where i had a dream that my alarm had went off and i smashed it with my chemistry text book. the dream was so reak because it was where i put it the night before.

Sean L.: now to you if the world were to end in 72 hours how would i justify my life? what kind of a question is that? i mean wouldent the same thought pass though everybodys mind "im too young to die"? i would then i dunno that is acually a really good question if you really think about it. hmmm i think ill get back to you on that.

Comment

• Sean : I'd have to say I've done far too little. I have done a lot of really cool things in my life. I've done a lot of things I regret in my life. I wish I had more time to make it up to those people whom I have hurt. I wish I had published a real book. Stuff like that.

That's a cool question. I guess I have to ask myself that more often. It'd be worth it. You know that old saying, "Sing as if no one was listening..." Well, I think that it's right. I should do everything like that, and just enjoy life.

...*sigh* my friends have been stupid lately. It's weird, the one's I've known the longest, I just don't want to be around anymore. Like, we've really grown apart now, but we don't dare split up because we'd be really lonely if we didn't 'cause we don't get along really well with anyone else.

but then, some people I've only known for like two years, well, we get along really well. I don't know whether high school is a blessing or a curse. Maybe both.

In other news, I've become severly addicted to the song "Wuthering Heights" by orig. Kate Bush and later Hayley Westenra. Hayley has a beautiful voice. I wish I could sing like that....

But anyway, I've been attempting to sing it all week to the point where my friends are unbelievable sick of it. But I think it's a neat song anyway!

So...I think that's all I have to say for now.

ttfn!
                              just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• So, I really can't sleep, because while I was babysitting I decided to watch Interview with a Vampire, which made me slightly worried that an insane Tom Cruise with long blonde hair was going to crawl out of the backseat of my minivan on my drive home. *shudders* Tom Cruise is A. Scary. Dude. Especially as one of the undead.

I'm excited, since I get to run at the track meet this Saturday! Saturday meets are a big deal, since only varsity and JV go; everyone else is just that: "everyone else." And "everyone else" doesn't go to Saturday meets! So I'm just a little bit excited.

My best friend...I don't even know what to call her anymore. Mel, it's kind of like your problem. Except my friend just isn't talking to me anymore; actually, she is, but whenever she's around another swim team girl, she's giving them this face like "OMG, is this girl nuts or what?" And it's not like the funny "she's nuts" it's like the...she's stupid nuts. And it hurts. A lot. Friends aren't supposed to do that to each other, especially when they've been friends for 10 years.

If I had 72 hours to live, I'd...what would I do? I don't think I've got that much to justify, except maybe for the times I've been a coward, and it's extremely hard to justify cowardice, because, you know, it's cowardice. And in some places, there's no excuse for it.

SAT scores in the morning. I want them. However, my mom said "What if they are bad?" Great mom, just great. Don't make me worry, it's bad for my mental health.

And so it goes...on and on and on. I just want it to be spring break already. I can't believe it's 4th quarter already. It's just weird, since normally it starts after break, but break's not here and it's already 4th quarter. Crazy nuts, you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X