No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *huggles Lisa* Is it weird that I agreed to everything in your last post? So I'm going to comment on the comments that you commented on, and also wonder if you go to the same school as me because it sounds very familiar.

(The quote button currently won't work on my computer so...) Yeah, four different lunch periods suck for me--ecspecially if at the end of first semester you just start to make really good friends and then they change your schedule (sp? i give up on that word,) so you're with 250 kids you don't know.

I wish my library had a larger selection of manga, (I mean more than 5 pokemon books and the first Ranma 1/2) I end up buying all my manga and then have no money left or I buy them online with gift cards, which is a better deal cause you get a couple dollars off. I'm really annoyed that Hana Kimi doesn't come out till Feburary!!! *grumbles to self*

Now I am off to Deviantart/VGDawn and I wish the TOGR a happy 500th page coming soon!!!!!
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• MY COMPUTER WORKS MY COMPUTER WORKS YAAAAY FINALLY!!!!
      wow i missed a lot. and i don't start school again until September. happy almost 500th page TOGR!!
      ~*KsSk8er*~
      "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
      Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• Did you know:
        The bling is back! Sorry, just read it on the wrapper of a Nestle Crunch bar and was like, what? But apparently they did something to their wrappers and...who really cares? Not me, but I just thought it sounded funny...

Sharky: Lo siento that Castle got messed up. Next time, we'll try not to mess it up. Speaking of VgDawn, I second Sharky's feelings about Azen's plan.

Alla:
        Books cost US$5-7!!! Wow.
        Aren't we weird here in the U.S.? Actually, in my bookstore the prices are more like $15, which does NOTHING to stop me from buying books. I need to learn some restraint in the bookstore.

There's less than a week left until school. AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• Originally posted by sharklord:
          *mutters* Castle wasn't our romance topic. It was a topic to describe the aftermath of the war, and to set up the new kindoms from the devided Salcur. I mean, there was...some...action, and...some...adventure, and, well, the romancing never dominated a topic,
          ... and some talking to parents about the forthcoming wedding, and eating pizza, and drinking Sprite... and finding another couple, and eating pizza... and explaining the castle wasn't a shop, and the cook complaining he could cook things that weren't pizza, and eating pizza, and planning the wedding and the catering, and more of the same...
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• AHH!!! My school called, and proved my prediction correct. They said between my advanced chorus and literary arts and four honors classes, they couldn't fit it all in. So, they finally figured out that the literary arts teacher had another class in seventh period, but I'm scared that it isn't the yearbook/newsletter one. (She also teaches study hall.) And if I don't get the class I had to APPLY for, meaning make a portfolio of my best work, write several paragraphs for answer questions, and get my teacher to recommend me, I WILL BE MAD. SERIOUSLY mad.

Sharky, you go to Gonzaga??? That's where my dad went!!! Or maybe it was my uncle. I can't remember which...they're always talking about their schools and making me confused.

$15 for PAPERBACKS!!??? THAT is unbelievable. Hardcover, yeah, but NOT paperback.

Zgirl
            (The quote button currently won't work on my computer so...) Yeah, four different lunch periods suck for me--ecspecially if at the end of first semester you just start to make really good friends and then they change your schedule (sp? i give up on that word,) so you're with 250 kids you don't know.
            Nope. No, as in they don't change our schedule -- at least, not enough to change lunches. Oh, and if the quote button doesn't work, type ["quote"] [/quote"] (without the quotation marks). That would really stink, if they changed our lunches.

5 days til ELDEST!

Meh. Our Target has changed its book selection. Manga selection. And refreshed everything else. For years, they've had Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie, Yu-Gi-Oh! #1, and Yu Yu Hakusho (sp?), and that's it. Now they got rid of those, and added Fruits Basket #9. Mixed feelings about this.

alla
            POTS was alright, personally I like SOTL better. Hehe, when I did fencing, we assigned characters to everyone. The personalities actually fit! It was so cool. The coach even had a similar personality to Wyldon and we had a groups of court minstrels - who didn't fit any characters, but spent alot of their time singing and jumping around .
            I love Wyldon! He's one of my favorite characters! It was so sad <span class="ev_code_WHITE">when he quit. And touching when Kel talked to him about it.</span> Neal's my favorite, though. He's the BEST! Smart, funny, awesome. Stupid Yukimi...stealing him from me...
            Kel: "Joren says he's changed."
            Neal: "I supposed he could've changed. I myself have been growing a resemblence to a daffodil."
            Kel: "I didn't want to bring it up."
            Neal: "We daffodils like things brought up. It reminds us of spring."
            Cleon: "Does dung remind you of spring too, Princess Flower?"

--Rough quotation from POTS, Squire

Off to sleep! I have to get up early tomorrow...9 am!

Tomorrow's my sister's birthday!

The only summer homework I have...is a 19-page Algebra packet. And they managed to fit two pages' worth of work on one page. Stupid Algebra.

I taught my 8-year-old and 11-year-old brothers the Pythagorean theorum. They did some of my homework for me!
            Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
            "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
            "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• On yahoo's news, it had an article about how Ivana Trump is working on this building, but it also had her posing for a picture in her house. The opulence of it all made me want to vomit on her shoes. If I ever get filthy rich, I'm not gonna spend it all on myself or in such a way that flashes all of my wealth. That's just sick. And my life has been such that most donations would be to education.

Ugh.

Eww, and I wonder what she thinks of herself when she looks in the mirror. Do people like that hire people to repeatedly flatter them? When you start naming prominent features (such as bridges, or, in this case the building Ivana Las Vegas)... that's like a festering wound on the planet, so bloated with self-adoration.

Like Bush's corrupt highway bill... it funds several special projects that cater to all of the members of congress one way or another. One of which funds a multimillion dollar bridge that does _nothing_. Nothing if you consider the ratio between what good it does and how much is spent. Also, there's a bridge (may even be the same one; I got the two peices of info seperately) that a local politician is naming after himself.

I'll be able to vote by 2008.

[Adds:] <span class="ev_code_RED">American Politics</span>

I was skimming the comment & opinion section of the newspaper. Earlier, I planned I cut out peices that I agreed with and start a small collection to see how much my views will have changed in the future. I never read the opinion for fact, but I saw two articles refering to a situation in which Satorum was at a book signing. From the broken details, I got the picture that he had brought along hired officers to silence opposition which came in the form of some teenage girls. I hadn't read about it, but then, I don't read the newspaper every day. So instead, I hopped online to Yahoo news to see if I could dig up any information to verify that, and found this instead.

Roberts Resisted Women's Rights

I don't know about you, but I can get very outspoken when it comes to rascism, etc and that stems from getting sexist bull from chauvinists.

If you don't feel like reading the entire article, just look at the first paragraph. That's enough to get anyone fired up.

I wonder, was _that_ what Bush was looking for in him? Surely he would've known. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but if the Bush Administration wanted to hide his documents, it was for a reason, and what a reason it was! So of course they knew about it.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Today was freshman oriantation. It was really boring, and it took all day. And we were walking around ALL day, it's like ten flights of stairs and a mile to get from one hall to the next. I'm am like sooo gonna be lost when finding my classes comes. >.< I ended up skipping breakfast and lunch, and being overly-ravenous at dinner-time, eating like a whole chicken. My APF, like homeroom or advisory, is my elective class, which is chorus, and we had to stay with them all day long. I have to SHARE my locker, and that sucks. And I don't even have a lunch period this year! (Or a study-hall or anything of the like...)

We're getting a new cat. (My old one died last month). Except, it's NOT a cat. It's like a mini-jaguar called a "bengal cat!" They can get bigger than a felis domesticus/whatever and are all spotted. It's gonna be so awesome! XD

Why were there so many references to manga on this page?? That's odd. But not a bad thing, of course! But.... it does mean that.... I'm now gonna ramble on about it much more than usual...

Gryph: I can't buy manga. They'd probably go by really quickly, and what, they cost about the same as books, right? So if I ever feel like reading any, I'd just borrow from friends who have experience know what manga is worth getting.
                *dies* You don't buy manga?! How....*imagines a world without mangas*... HORRIFIC!! Or at least for me it would be, but not everyone cares for that stuff. But borrowing is always fun and good.

Lisa: Meh. Our Target has changed its book selection. Manga selection. And refreshed everything else. For years, they've had Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie, Yu-Gi-Oh! #1, and Yu Yu Hakusho (sp?), and that's it. Now they got rid of those, and added Fruits Basket #9. Mixed feelings about this.
                Your library is replacing it's stuff with the Fruits Basket series? That's coincidental. My library has just got Fruits Basket, though it didn't get rid of the other mangas that it had. Basically our selection sucks, besides Chobits and Yugioh and Fruits Basket and sometimes CardCaptor Sakura, the few othersthere aren't even worth opening.

Zgirl: I end up buying all my manga and then have no money left or I buy them online with gift cards, which is a better deal cause you get a couple dollars off.
                Same here. I buy all my own manga until I'm broke (though I almost never use my own money. It's almost always either a gift-card or my parents). I have a rare case of money-spending-phobia, so I really limit what I buy. EXCEPT with manga, which I too go nuts over...I really would love to be able to buy the manga off-line for slightly cheaper prices, except my parents won't let me buy anything online. >.< I guess they don't trust me... (It's not like I'd ACTUALLY buy those evil yaoi doujinshis that I secretly obsess over...not until I'm older at least...)

I did read manga today. Me and friend got like four in all. And I flipped through hers. And my reflesctions are: The FMA manga was so depressing. I'm going to have nightmares about that Chimera. *shudders.* And hot-headed Kyo is obviously hot, especially when he fights. And I realized how truely evil the Seto Kaiba I idolize is... not just in Death-T (which I happened to read today) but in the Millenium World (also read today) he's like "Let's go on a Ka hunt and TORTUE the people to get there Ka's all hate-filled and strong like Bakura's was! Muwahahahaha!!" (Tends to ignore the fact that Bakura and Kaiba are evil and worships them anyway... because they're cool, smart, mysterious and most importantly because they're so darned sexy...) But it was the Weekly Jump I read today, because they STILL don't have it in graphic novel form! Wahhhhh, when will I get my hand son Millenium World manga?!

Ok, I'll shut up about Yugioh and manga now.

Gryph: I agree. In a way, everything is so corrupt. But Bush's term'll be ending in only roughly a few years time. (I don't really remember exactly when he came into office for the second time. It was a day that I tried to forget/ignore.) Then maybe the new pres. won't try building those billion-dollar bridges that don't even serve real purposes.

Comment

• oh man. Sorry guys, my internet was down untill about six o'clock at night. Don't ask me why but it broked and it is now fixed so i am back untill it breaks some more.

Comment

• Oooohhhhh...*rubs head* I admire everyone who've read through every single post in TOGR, and wish luck to those who're going to. Not that they aren't highly interesting...but keeping track of who said what and whether someone already said what you were going to say...And I just read this page. *shakes head woozily* My cold is getting to me, and I think I'm babbling. I hope this stupid cold doesn't last until school starts (next month); at least my grandma isn't home, or she'd be forcing me to drink these foul bitter herbal teas she brews up...

Anyways...about the Tortall books, my favourite quartet is actually The Immortals, but I own most of Protector of the Small. I can't really remember all the characters, but I can say that in both quartets my favourite characters are Daine and Numair, naturally.
                    About manga: well, I have nothing to say about them really, never having so much as peeked inside one. I prefer actual stories, since I find the storyline in comics choppy.
                    About school: You guys started school already??? I don't even get my schedule until the first day of school.

Oh, and I finally managed to get my hands on SYWTBAW. It'll probably be the gem of my crumpled, tattered collection of books that I rescued from the library book sale

Hmm...I hope I didn't forget to say something I wanted to say, not that my life is particularly eventful right now...
                    -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• I HAVE to tell you guys what my cross country team did to me this morning. So, it's 5:00 A.M. on a Sunday morning, and my mom comes into my room and wakes me up, telling me to put in my contacts. I told her to, um, well, never mind...h-e-double hockeysticks...but anyway. So I got out of bed and put them in, when some members of my cross country team pull up in a minivan, and start running toward my neighbor's house, so I run after them and tell them that if they touch that doorbell, they will die (my neighbors are really picky about things like noises early in the morning and stuff.) The team gets mad because they didn't get to come in my house and wake me up. It's good they didn't get in my room, as I literally can't see the floor. So they blindfolded us, and took us down in the valley, and led us somewhere. When we were done, they took off the blindfolds and we saw that they'd just led us down a pretty steep hill. They explained that as newbies to the team, we had to learn to trust the team. Then we went for a run in the woods at 6:00 A.M. on a Sunday morning. Can you tell I'm not happy about the whole "early in the morning" thing? This was supposed to be my last day to sleep in before school starts on Wednesday! After all that, we had breakfast, and got home by 8:00. Then, I had to clean off my training shoes, since they had dirt and rocks caked on for an inch in the little indentation thing on the bottom. Ick. This post doesn't make much sense, but trust me: just imagine it all, and then tell me that we cross country runners are crazy. Personally, I think we should have skipped the trust exercise, and just gone and T-P'd the boys team's houses. (Don't tell me that it's bad to do that. As a high school team in our town, we're allowed to, as long as we don't get caught by people in the house. Fun.)

Anyway...that's my morning. It's almost 11:00 now, and I really want to go back to bed!

Comment

• Does anyone ever have a song or two where, while you're on the forums or someplace, you'll just find an mp3 of and play over and over? o.O Mine's "I am a rock," Simon & Garfunkel right now... I found a music-to-go-with-the-book topic in the Alone forum, and Tui mentioned it... heh.
                        And since that's in RealPlayer I've been switching out of that window, finding an mp3 of something else, and listening to that, alternating.
                        When I was chimera/chimaera hunting for a VGDawn charrie, I searched Wikipedia, and they came up with one of those pages that links to a lot of other pages (yes, it has a name, and no, I'm not going to look for it) and they mentioned a band called Chimaira. So that's what I've been alternating with (the song's called Down Again), and it's definitely one of those "adjust-to-the-new-type-of-music" jumps, going back and forth.

Oh, and speaking of "found a topic in the Alone forum"- I read all the topics in all the forums! Ever. o_o;; I probably shouldn't be bored now, but I am. I'm also "even more insane" and "even more of a newbie," now, according to the people I was-hyper-at in Chime when I finished everything. ^^'

...ooh, I might be taking martial arts! We have several karate, jujitsu, etc. places only a few minutes away from our house, so I might end up going to one of them- mom's been mentioning it for me and my brother. (gahh, brother. In response to "y'know, you shouldn't be taking the class if you're only going to use it to show off" he goes "...but what's the point of it, then?" *headdesk*)

PM:The Canadian editions by Raincoast are apparently the same as the UK editions, so if it's the cover picture and the text (and lack of chapter illustrations) you want, rather than the Bloomsbury-ness of the UK editions, they might be easier to get in the US.
                        Actually, it just bugs me that they change the spellings from the way the rest of the world has it to the way the US has it. It probably bugs me too much, but they keep changing little things like that. It's annoying.

Lisa:
                        Soap operas are called soap operas because when they originated in the 1920s (about then, at least) they were DRAMATIC (hence the opera) and were sponsored by (aka had commercials of) soap (hence the soap).

See what you learn when you actually pay attention in history?
                        Hehehe, wow. That's actually really interesting.

Hungry:
                        Did you know:
                        The bling is back!
                        AHAHAHAHA.
                        To anyone who thinks togr isn't random, I can and will use this as evidence against you.

PM:
                        ... and some talking to parents about the forthcoming wedding, and eating pizza, and drinking Sprite... and finding another couple, and eating pizza... and explaining the castle wasn't a shop, and the cook complaining he could cook things that weren't pizza, and eating pizza, and planning the wedding and the catering, and more of the same...
                        See, Sharky's right. It's not romance at all. It's pizza.

(And in VGDawn, at least, you can have characters who don't like pizza. I've convinced an enire HP forum that I'm from Mars by telling them I don't like pizza, and my family's as good as given me up as unAmerican for not liking pizza. No-one can say that not liking pizza is unVGDawnian [?].)

Happy way-too-close to 500 pages anniversary, togr! 449 party hats for you, and one each for everyone else. *throws watchacallit, confetti, and goes off looking for the punch bowl...*

Comment

• *huggles the newbie who has read the entire forums* XD Congrats WF! thats a daunting prospect. I don't think that I'd ever find the time to do that. I'm still 267 pages off reading all of the TOGR (I figure that, because I've read all the pages since I arrived, which was a year ago, and I arrived on page 267 of the TOGR ). Dunno if I'll ever get there.

WF: See, Sharky's right. It's not romance at all. It's pizza.
                          Ah! don't tell him that!... it'll go to his head. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">nah Sharky's cool... *huggles* </span>

Oh no... Australian Idol is on again... TURNITOFF TURNITOFF!!!!!! Bloody oath some of those people are so TONE DEAF that it isn't funny! VOTE THEM ALL OFF AND GIVE US SOME GOOD TV!!!

Not liking Pizza is unAmerican? oh, while I'm thinking of pizza, I read something interesting the other day.. forgotten where it was, but it was about pizza eating habits. Which way do you guys eat pizza? From the crust in, or the middle out?

Hungry: think about early morning stuff this way, at least next year, you'll be the one doing it to the newbies.

Sheesh... that bonsaikitten page I first saw that email... four years ago. And it keeps popping up in my inbox . Its a pretty good hoax website though.

Alla

Comment

• *deep breath* I'M BAAACK!!!! ahahahahahahah *dances around*

It's been a LONG time, but I've only missed like 4 pages of ToGR? That's amazingly slow...oh well.

Anyway, I'm going to take a break in a bit, but I'll be back again a bit later to chat and stuff. I have some pics of my new dorm room at http://community.webshots.com/user/phantomjerky if you guys want a look-see

To comment on Sharky's chat post:
                            "sharklord --the guy from "Honey we shrunk the kids" However,--" That guy is Rick Morannis (sp).

So anyway, I'll be around a lot more, in chat and also on IM so yeah I gotta go for a bit, dai and TTYL! *huggles all around*
                            ~Rachel

Comment

• AHHHHHHHHH! PM WANTS OLIVE ICE CREAM!!!! AHHHH! Sorry man that was gross chat... School starts on wensday, *sighs* WHY!? I dont care about the homework and stuff, Im worried about facing my enemys again. There is alot about me that peeps can make fun of... ARGH! Cleaned room which didnt need too much cleaning cause i try to keep it clean. *huggles* audrey sorry u had to do that. My sisters room is a mess 97 percent of the time. It takes her two to three days of hard cleaning to get her room clean. Yep, its that bad... Gryphon, you do realize you told us indirectly how old you are right? Anyway,I am stressing over stupid school.AHHHHHHH! PANICK!
                              ~Azen
                              In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

• Olive ice cream? *pictures green ice cream with olives sticking out of it* Ummmm...not going to say anything. Last night we made key lime pie ice cream. It was a bit too limey for my taste, but I like the graham crackers in it...

Azen: *huggles* don't worry, eventually they should leave you alone. It might take awhile, but they do go away. Oh yeah, and sorry I haven't replied on VgDawn. I lost my paper that has the password to that and the password to my e-mail account, so I'm in a bind right now as to how I can get to anything...oh well.

Hmmm....school starts tomorrow. NO! I don't want to go!

I still can't see the floor of my room. *picks up the blow-up microphone* This is going in my locker at school.

I suppose I should go do something productive, like my summer reading that is due tomorrow and I still haven't finished...whatever, I'll do it during my cross country meet today...dai for now guys, and good luck at school for anyone who's starting soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X