The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily:
    Wow. I have not been on here in FOREVER. But Angel and Lovebird have been bugging me so.
    XD hi! I remember you. Welcome back!
    Ahaha, double avie twice. First I thought you were Ella, then after you changed it I was scrolling up and thought Angel'd double posted.

And many huggles and much happiness for Lisa, who has too long of a post to quote...

<span class="ev_code_white">And yes, I'm a boring person with nothing interesting to say in the white spaces...</span>
    Cress:
    This topic is the one and only. It's great. For example, you don't have to be at all coherent. You can say stuff like THE UBER CHINCHILLAS WILL KILL US ALL!!!!!! And everyone will just pat you on the back and move on.
    But the uber chinchillas will kill us all. They're evil. And in cahoots with the bunnies. Everyone hide from the horrible rodents of doom.
    Hehe, and the funny thing is, that post didn't look in the least bit out-of-place. I love this place... *huggles the whole forum*

Gigo:
    0_o Someone said on Skype Chat that they're going to kill me. Name of 'Flamedeath'.
    ...wow. That was creepy... if that'd happened to me, I'd be freaked out too. *huggles*

Ella:
    BUT...I saw HHGTTG!!! WOOT! And I am going to worship Marvin from now until eternity! YAY!
    I want to see that... but I'd like to read the books first. Preferably not an abridged version. *glares at library*

Bluecrow:
    How many posts must you have to get to the next status after member? What is the next level after member? This should be in the newbie area but I'm no longer a newbie. By a little.
    Go > My Space > Karma has all the levels and how many points you need for each one, I think.

Angel:
    OoOo. I love Breathe (2 am). Absolutely one of my favorite songs. *clicks on link* Yes, I did notice it before, I just didn't pay attention. Wait...that doesn't make sense. Ah well.
    Heh, if you'd said that a couple days ago, I wouldn't've had any idea what song you were talking about, and probably wouldn't've looked it up and listened to it. But I heard it a little while ago, and I like it a lot...
    Link? What link? Oh. Argh. I just noticed that. I'm hopeless...

Gryph:
    Gigish, honestly, act as eccentric as you can be. Try to convert flamedeath to some whimsical "love everyone" religion. XD Preach fasting and drinking only nectar from flowers to show spiritual and, at the same time, earthly peace. XD Just be weird. Or you could go in the other direction, telling him to worship the devil (and act like you honestly beleive that's his goal) not by killing people, but by eating bugs or something. Because bugs are whatever.
    I burst out laughing when I finished reading this. Mostly at "because bugs are whatever." I didn't have any advice to give Gigo about flamedeath, but that... that seriously might work. At least you're not completely paranoid, Gigo... I don't think I could do that, if it was me.

Gryph:
    As for the suffixes, I'll have to start asigning meanings or ranks to them. XD
    Are there more than just -ish? Or am I just as lost as I usually am, and -ish is the only one I've noticed. Heh.

Gigo:
    Gryph, you forgot that you're also 28.
    Gryph's ages are confusing me. Hehe, along with her locations.

Instead of going on yet another really long computer rant, I'll just say I've successfully managed to get, at least once, some sort of "the program has performed an illegal operation and must be shut down" message in every program I run on a regular basis.
    Even Spybot.
    Which is supposed to get rid of whatever is is that closes everything with a fatal error.
    [/rantoftheday]

Comment

• In connection with my earlier post about the guy who unknowingly changed me, I have something to say.

There are kids in your class that don't talk, that are ignored. Even if you don't think there are, you're wrong. There's always someone. (Unless you're homeschooled, which is a different story.) When you notice those kids sitting around, looking lonely or sad, say hi to them. Comment on the homework or something. It might make their day a little better.

Of course, that might not work with everyone. There are some kids I know who don't like to talk to others. So don't pester anyone. A simple hello will do.

About Gigo and Flamedeath--Wanna know something scary? I once was online, on my mom's screenname, (because I don't have one), and someone IMed me. I don't know any of my mom's friends, so I said "Hold on. This isn't -mom's name-, it's her daughter, Lisa."
      Really, really stupid thing to do.
      The person said "I don't know -mom's name-. How old are you Lisa?"
      I was so scared. I got off immediately. Since then, I always check the person's name before I talk to them. Oh, and I remeber the SN of the creepy person. It was "quixstar" or something like that.
      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• I got a funny new avvie! Dylan made it. Only BiW and maybe Rad know who I'm talking about. hhahahahhahah. I love this new avvie.

on an entirely unrelated note i did something today that i regret terribly I shot a can of hairspray again with my bb gun and i got so many cuts that it's not even funny and even now at one o eight in the morning i can still hear ringing.
        (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
        "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

• Errr...Carl? After someone has just said they're going to rip my throat out, I don't feel totally comfortable with that picture.

My GOD, Carl. You're 15! And you go shoot a can of hairspray with a BB gun. Idiot. But should it explode like that?

Lisa, I'm one of those people. I'm invisible. I'm always there. But I'm not lonely or sad. Heck, I like it that way. Why draw attention to yourself? Unless you're going to do something BIG, stupid, or noticable which often happens to me.

Ah, WF, no anti-spyware program is going to do the job. You need a complete purge. I had a trojian once. I can memorize the Blue Screen of Death.

Comment

• sorry i can't resist this

Images deleted

gigo this is all your fault you should have known when you told me that this creeped you out that i would do something like this. I have no resistance to bad ideas at least ones that don't end up with me getting hurt. but still

oh and wf yeah gigo's right if spyware removers havn't gotten rid of the problem you need a system purge. and Trojans suck! my aunt opened an infected email at her workstation and the whole computer network fell into the control of a local hacker
            (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
            "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

• I won't even attempt to convey my utter disgust at your lack of spelling and capatilization.

This idea is going to hurt. Believe me.

Local hacker, eh? This must be an everyday event! "Welcome to Carlsville. That's the local baker, that's the mailman, that's the milkman, that's the shoe salesman and that's our local hacker.

*snorts* Local hacker.

Oh yeah: your post is going to be edited if you don't do something soon. That is slowing down the forum itself. Or it's just a waste of bandwidth.

Comment

• Gigo asked:
                My GOD, Carl. You're 15! And you go shoot a can of hairspray with a BB gun. Idiot. But should it explode like that?
                Think of the can as a more solid balloon, with the propellant as the air inflating the balloon. Then Carl shoots it; that's like a pin going into the balloon. The pressure the propellant is under means that (a) the propellant starts to escape (b) the force of the escape tears the can along the fracture lines from the bb hole, and those tears continue until the can is in pieces, all of them on the outside of the propellant. Very fast.
                So, basically, bang.
                And you'll note that Carl says he shot a can of hairspray again, suggesting he's done this before and not learnt from the experience.
                Oh yeah: your post is going to be edited if you don't do something soon. That is slowing down the forum itself. Or it's just a waste of bandwidth.
                Hey, you were right. How long have you been telling the future?
                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• >.< Geez Carl... Your avie's funny, but i'm kinda trying to eat... *gags* The gut stuff looks like meatballs...and the blood is like the sauce.
                  Speghetti and meatballs....exactly what i'm eating right now..
                  ~~~~---------------~~~~~
                  sweetbox!!!~

Comment

• Listening to the intro to the Clincher. Ahahahaha, essence of Gryphish. And I'm messed up because I have my head phones on and my CD player in my pocket when I have Chevelle on the computer. It doesn't sound different, but it feels different. On the computer, it's just a background noise.

So much homework! RAHHHHHHHHH

Wow, umm... Carl's avie. heheheheheheh

*baaackspace* Singng.

Okay, characters in the above story go like this:
                    Evil Joe: a jerk my age. His head is bloated on top of everything else because he thinks he's hot. And strong. And all of that. Really not exagerating; sometimes he'll just drop on the ground and start push-up ing. He's done that in the living room, too. And once he was up on the end of the street, and we all ran. Lol, he seriously didn't think we would, though we said we would. Tight curly, blonde hair.
                    T aka Tronas: My brother. Named Tronas because sometimes, when playing a video game, his character will be named Tronas. Also joined Abroad and VGDawn as Tronas, though he only did a few posts in each.
                    B: A year younger than T, same age as G. He's a boy who tells quotable, outrageous stories. Such as he's been to a camp where people can fly, though it takes a LOT of meditating. He denies he ever said that now.
                    G: A girl, same age as B. Veeery athletic. A lot more mature than B, too. And J refuses to beleive that she can best him at things like basketball and soccer. Which she can, but J doubts it because A) she's a girl and B) she's younger.
                    C aka Chris: a little kid. Sometimes a pain.

And, occasionally, Joe's older brother goes by BB or BigB. He's an insane violinist. INSANE.

Naw, I'm not 28, 15, 16, or 17 today. I'm five.

Ninja suits... yeahhhh, I'll be the ninja kitty of doom for sure next Halloween. XD XD XD

WF:
                    Are there more than just -ish? Or am I just as lost as I usually am, and -ish is the only one I've noticed. Heh.
                    There'll be more than -ish. There's already a -y. Just one, though. And I have two little brothers on this forum, so they'll get special suffixes too.

Lisa: _that's_ creepy, too.

Gigo:
                    Ah, WF, no anti-spyware program is going to do the job. You need a complete purge. I had a trojian once. I can memorize the Blue Screen of Death.
                    My computer died in its sleep from a trojan. *mourns computer* But then we bought it new brains, and it was all better. XD

CARL, USE CAPITALIZATION AND PUNCTUATION. If you seriously have a problem with it, ask someone to help.

laaaaaaaa:
                    x.x <--- Aeris
                    hehehehhehehehehhehehehe

That's not funny, but I'm laughing. XD
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Wow, posts are way too long right now. And I have to say that your avatar truly creeps me out Carl. Of course I'm a huge wuss, especially when it comes to blood, but that seriously disturbs me. Why do you like it? Is there something FUN about violence for you?
                      The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                      I promise not to funfun anymore
                      Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Mmph. Radio station thinks they're having a nothing but '90s weekend, where they play only songs from the '90s. They lied. I don't see how they can play things from the '90s that're off an upcoming album. I guess they think you won't notice (this was last night, at one thirty in the morning).

Lisa:
                        About Gigo and Flamedeath--Wanna know something scary? I once was online, on my mom's screenname, (because I don't have one), and someone IMed me. I don't know any of my mom's friends, so I said "Hold on. This isn't -mom's name-, it's her daughter, Lisa."
                        Really, really stupid thing to do.
                        The person said "I don't know -mom's name-. How old are you Lisa?"
                        I was so scared. I got off immediately. Since then, I always check the person's name before I talk to them. Oh, and I remeber the SN of the creepy person. It was "quixstar" or something like that.
                        After hearing this, as well as what happened to Gigo, I think I can understand perfectly why mom won't let me get any kind of IM, and why I wasn't allowed in Chime for a while. That's creepy...

Carl:
                        I got a funny new avvie! Dylan made it. Only BiW and maybe Rad know who I'm talking about. hhahahahhahah. I love this new avvie.
                        Guess what? Firefox is the BEST BROWSER EVER. I blocked your avie. That's how much it bugged me; now I can't see it at all. I'm happy.

Gigo:
                        I haven't been Blue Screen of Death'd for a while now, which is good. Everything's actually working pretty well, considering. I don't know what was wrong with it, but I think it might've fixed itself. If I didn't have so much stuff saved on here, I'd do a purge. But I have a load of images, music, and stuff I've been writing stored on here. Which is probably why it keeps messing up, but... yeah.

PM:
                        And you'll note that Carl says he shot a can of hairspray again, suggesting he's done this before and not learnt from the experience.
                        *mutters* I don't think that's the only experience he hasn't learned from.

La:
                        >.< Geez Carl... Your avie's funny, but i'm kinda trying to eat... *gags* The gut stuff looks like meatballs...and the blood is like the sauce.
                        Speghetti and meatballs....exactly what i'm eating right now..
                        Bleahhh. I'll never be able to eat spaghetti and meatballs again.

Gryph:
                        CARL, USE CAPITALIZATION AND PUNCTUATION. If you seriously have a problem with it, ask someone to help.
                        He claims he keeps forgetting. I don't think I've yelled at him on the forums, but I was bugging him in chat last night. *growls* not fun.

Cress:
                        And I have to say that your avatar truly creeps me out Carl. Of course I'm a huge wuss, especially when it comes to blood, but that seriously disturbs me. Why do you like it? Is there something FUN about violence for you?
                        Yeah. You're definitely not the only one disturbed by that.

Comment

• Carl, I worry about you. I worry about you a lot. Your avi makes me sick everytime I see it, which is a total of three times now. Oh dear...

I'm supposed to be looking up more info on my project. I have to do the board now. Anyways, I better go. Toodles!
                          <3
                          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• I have very little to say, and I'm not in a good mood, so, anyone who I might have an issue with, STAY AWAY, YOU IMBECILES!!!!

I went to that May Day party thing-ish today...dull...

WF:
                            Link? What link? Oh. Argh. I just noticed that. I'm hopeless...
                            *points at link at bottom of last post to clear up any confusion that anyone who might give a muffin would aquire*

CARL! YOU...YOU...<span class="ev_code_WHITE">sanguina idiota</span>
                            CHANGE YOUR BLOODY AVATAR!!! <span class="ev_code_WHITE">wait..it's actually bloody...that didn't come out right...oh well...</span> IT'S A WASTE OF BANDWITH, AND IT'S STUPID AND IMMATURE!!!
                            AND, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CAPITALIZE YOUR SENTENCES!!!!!! GAAAAH!!!! <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Sorry, all but Carl, for the all caps....had to get that out of me...</span>

Ok...I'm sorta calm now...better get what I have to say out of the way before I hurt someone.

Oh...and Gigo, love...that flamedeath freak is..well...messed up...*shudder* Man...

Angel: Your smile...well...hmm...there's no nice way to put this....

Kaiba: I've read Angels and Demons...have you read The DaVinci Code?

Anyone who gives a muffin: I got my dress for graduation today. It's a cream-coloured halter dress with a flowy skirt...hard to describe...but I need to find something to put over it...because school says we can't have sleeveless dresses... Yes...our school is weird. So... I have to taint the simple beauty of a classic-Hollywood style dress with a less-than-to-be desired (or whatever that saying is) shurg...*weeps*

Ok...anger is coming back..must cut sob story and get back to my UGRR presentation.

But...all is good...because...PotO comes out on Tuesday! It was in the Target ad this morning!!! WHOOT!

"Lonely No More" Rob Thomas

Comment

• Angel no brains:
                              *is not brains* I have no brain. I'm a brainless zombie, looking around for food. Must. Eat. Soon.
                              I know that's from another topic, but it fits better here, and, well, my post would be a oneliner and we never do those here. Eh. Anyway, *hands angel-no-brains angel-brain food* Yuuum.

Carl, your avie is gonna go. Whether you like it or not.
                              A) Large number of people hate it/ are disturbed by it. It was _really_ tactless, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">but it's not like we'd expect otherwise</span>
                              B) It's animated. We went over this for the last avatar. So, really, this shouldn't be happening at all.
                              C) Lee has been warned. Several times, too, I might think. And to warn Lee, by the way, there's a little alert button at the bottom corner of a post next to the quote symbol. Click it, write an explanation.

So bored. I should really do something over the weekend. Anything. Blah. Cuz otherwise, if it rains, I'm just a slug. I'd even go to some zoo (I've never been to a local zoo here) if only to walk around. When it does rain, I don't have any energy. So dreary and desolate.

Do I have something I need to talk about? I don't feel like continuing the topic touched in my long post right now. So what does the news say...

Stem cell research. Vera vera contriversial topic. That's a lot like, well, the Schaivo case. The first reaction is, "no, that's wrong to take her off the feeding tube," but do they have another option? Do they have a _better_ option? Besides, say, using something else to cause death. To summarize parts of this article, people beleive guidelines should be put down -- stem cell is dealing with human life -- but the public also supposts the research. It also sounds like all measures seem to take one extreme or the other... Brownback describes it as unethical. Which makes me think of General Zaroff (my homework was on it, okay? XD) calling Rainsford's shock a very "victorian view on human life." Well, it's very unethical to hunt and kill humans as a sport, right? How, exactly, does stem cell research happen? I mean, what stage or whatever do they take the cells from? Oh, they're taken from embryos that are only a few days old, and those cells can become anything. Has human life really begun then?

*falls asleep* Whatever, I can't write anymore, but other opinions help...
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Lovebird:
                                I got my dress for graduation today. It's a cream-coloured halter dress with a flowy skirt...hard to describe...but I need to find something to put over it...because school says we can't have sleeveless dresses... Yes...our school is weird.
                                On that topic, I still have to pick out my grad dress too! My school doesn't have any real dress requirements, so basically I can wear anything to graduation (though I'm not going to). For me, it's a matter of LIKING the dress, I find the littlest things wrong with dresses and have a tendency of not liking any.

And yeah, I've read the DaVinci Code, but I liked Angels better, what about you?

Carl, your icon disturbs me. Please change it! I mean, what's with the dude ripping apart the other one and putting the chunk of flesh on his head? And all the blood...Could you have POSSIBLY chosen a less-gory or creepy icon?

Comment

Working...
                                X