No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, it's the 18th in Ireland now, so it's DD's birthday today. Or maybe it doesn't count until it's the 18th in New York, as she was born there.

Happy birthday, DD!

Cassandra: If you want so see your friends again, make sure you keep in touch. I've been thinking about some friends from school over the past week, and regretting not keeping in touch with them.

Rad: A job that forces you to use the Internet? Such hardship! And your mother would have to let you use it to do the job
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• It's the 18th here now too, so

Happy Birthday, DD!
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

• I'm stuck in second hour, and I don't want to work, so here I slack. This will not be extremely long, seeing as I have an Engles test to study for. Jessie is sitting across from me and reciting with me the words to "The Bad Touch" by The Bloodhound Gang. Awesome song. Sami just corrected my spelling. As you can tell, I have no urge to work. I can do it when I get home better than I can do it now. I'm in the back of the room. Seanybear (Or Duckie, Dee preferst that one), how are you? Happy birthday, DD! This should not be a one-liner at the rate I'm going. Jessie is cutting erasers in half. Like you ever needed to know that. Hmmm. . . I better make a topic for this one, or I'll just be wasting DD's money, and that's bad. Well, can anybody direct me to where Sharky hid the Chat Magic cards he made? I hid the link from myself in my magical file of doom on my home computer. Class is ending soon, so I'd better wrap this one up

Love!

Kinsey

Comment

• Sharky's Magic card topic is in the Fanart forum, so if you lose the link again, you can find it by clicking on the Fanart forum and looking through the list of topic titles in there.

All of which reminds me I was going to do some fanart in the 3D program I use, but I got bogged down trying to make the objects look the way I imagine them.
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I thought we were dissecting, but we've only got one week left, and the teacher is not showing up. I think I ought to feel lucky. Like Angel said, the smell is the worst part. Ughh. I hear all kinds of stuff from other classes, including stories about all of the people who passed out (poor guys).

*HUGGLES for Angel*

Happy BD! *huggles for author* Feel loved!
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I GOT MY SAX! I GOT IT! *twirls* It's amazing! And pretty! And shiny! Wheee! I love it and it's wonderful! Of course, I could only get some squawks out of it. It sounds either like a train or a foghorn, depending on what I'm trying to do.

I hate biology. That class is so...smelly. We're having a test next week, and we have to know all this junk about stuff that I don't care about... *turns green*

Ah! Chamber choir auditions are next week! I have to find out when jazz band is, though, then I have to find out when chamber choir is, because if the days conflict, jazz band will win out.

Happy birthday, DD!

I'm having an amazing day. Mummy's letting me bring a friend with me when we go to Florida. I really hope she can come...

This is really short. Man, my life isn't very interesting, lol. It practically revolves around school and music. I'm talking to an old...friend? maybe...who went to a different school after last year. We're such dorks, talking about band stuff. Hehe.
              <3
              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Sax is soooo much more fun than flute. And just open up the embasure and the back of the throat more. That tends to end the squawking. So, soprano? alto? tenor? baritone? Enquiring minds wanna know! [grin]. Oh, and get used to reading key signatures with a lot more sharps in them. I played alto, which is E-flat, so I always had three more sharp than the flutes, got so I could play in B-major really quickly.

Oh, and get used to biting a trench into your lower lip. Welcome to the land of single-reed instruments.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• hey all! Im sad to see togr hasent gotten to 500 yet! (I know its nto liek I have helped at all!) Okay wel im just dropping by for 2 seconds to let yall know im still alive. Im glad to see many of you are too. 4 MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT!!!!!!!!!! X5000000000000000000 I get to be upperclassman now! Well yall be good and I will ttyl! *huggles all*
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• corn

Comment

• Moo you wasted DD a lot of money by just saying CORN so maybe nexed time you should think befor you typ... O.k ?

Comment

• Kathy:
                        So, soprano? alto? tenor? baritone? Enquiring minds wanna know! [grin].
                        lol. It's an alto. I actually got one right note to come out when I tried it today...once out of about twenty tries. Meh. My band teacher's gonna help me out next friday 'cause he won't have any classes. I only have to take my English final, so I can go beg for help after that.

Moo: Have you read the F.A.Q.? Honestly, that was a complete and total waste of a post, and of DD's money. Try to be a little more considerate and post something that has some value to it.

You know, if someone's going to have a party, and another somebody thinks that they're going to be invited because they're really close, then the someone having a party should take precautions to make sure that word about the party doesn't get around to the other person, 'cause it really bites when you think you're best friends with somebody and they don't invite you to a party when they invite people they don't even talk to that much.

My venting for the day... Got my feelings hurt. Again. Man, I'm such a wimp.

It's really sad when missing one question can bring your average down over one whole percent. One question. *mutters* That is the single most pointless class ever. Bible. The only thing I get out of it is extra study time for Biology and a headache. And frankly, I could do without the headache.

I'm reading a new book. Rebel Angels by...Libba Bray? Yeah, I think that's it. Anyways, I absolutely love it! I've finally found a book I can get into. Wheee!
                        <3
                        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• This is why trumpets are better (I'm not biased. Okay, only a little).

Parties, and teenagers, and hurt feelings seem to be inescapable and unavoidable...I didn't exactly have my fair share, but that's because most of the parties I went to weren't exactly ones that others would want to go to, if they weren't invited (LAN parties, for those that speak nerd).

I'm thinking of reading A Million Little Pieces, actually...whether it's fiction or fact, it's a bestseller, and reading books that sell usually leads clues to why. Though I still don't know why he didn't just list it as historical fiction or some such...and part of it he wrote during 1969, so it's a whole mosh of weird stuff that the copywritists and lawyers can mash out.

In other news, international politics looks to be interesting, with Hamas having internal conflict, Iraq as divided as ever, Iran being fairly isolationist, and North Korea disappearing from the radar. On the home front, Democrats will probably pick up Senate and may pick up House come November, but both sides are gearing up for a gigantic fight, and the Democratic machine still isn't that well oiled, even though the Republicans are reeling internally and externally from scandals, Iraq, and more.

Politics is depressing. Thinking globally and acting locally merely polarizes people, because there will always be people to disagree. Much better actually to think locally and act locally, and then when you get to a position of power, think and act to that.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't fence should fence. Foil, too. Epee, with complete target area, is too...pointless, while saber is just brute clashing and bad form.
                          Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                          Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

• It was my birthday this week! I'm finally fifteen. All of my friends have early birthdays, and are practically turning sixteen as of now... Oh well! I got some cool clothes and jewelery, so, yay! And money. Ooh, that means I get more manga. (Yes, I can be such a freak...)

I heard that the DaVinci Code movie wasn't nearly as good as the original book, which, was, pretty good. Though I preferred the prequal, Angels and Demons, even more. So gory, but so mcuh more interesting. I wanna see the movie and compare it!

Wow, school will be out so soon! Only two weeks, and some finals! Yay! If I don't fail my Math and Frenmch finals, I won't have to take summer school to make up for my hope-fully-not-going-to-happen "D"s. Not all people who read books are smart. >_> Ahhhh! Finals! At leats they're short and off-campus.

My friend used to play the alto saxophone (as of last year), and she was pretty good. She dropped it, though. It's a pretty instrument, though it can be rather loud. ^_^

Parties. Friends. Teenage social problems. It's only four years, right? Enjoy them as well as you can. That's what I'm doing at least. If some guy insults me or doesn't invite me, I may feel down a bit, but don't angst over it and make sure you hang out with your closer/better friends and have a good or even better time anyway. It's not always easy, but it seems right, at least to me.

Reading "Snow Falling on Cedars" in school. It's actually interesting. Best school book so far, and it throws Great Expectations (by Dickens) into a pile of dust. Though Romeo and Juliet was a good play to read and study, too.

Comment

• OMG NITAFAN! *HUGGLES* I haven't seen you in forever :P

I'm loving this end of the year thing. We've got about a week and two days, and then finals. That's it. I don't even have to stay for all of the finals, and the home stretch has a few half days and days off buried in there.

Moo, I understand that this is the Topic of Great Randomness. However, you still have to have more substance in your post. DD pays for these forums, and you shouldn't waste her money on one liners -- let alone one-worders. Read the FAQ before posting next time, please.

Angel: ouch. The hardest part of high school is the social world. *huggles*

Trumpets are lame. Blah.

<-- should not be talking as she has no musical talent whatsoever. But honestly, what's so cool about a trumpet?

Love America, hate the politics. 'nuf said.

When I took a ride home with my friend yesterday, we were listening to a guy rant about the Da Vinci Code movie. In essence, he thought it royally sucked, and even more so when he compared it to the book. :P I'm still gonna go see it w/ friends.
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• We trumpet players do not suck!
                                When you really look at it, the trumpet is a pretty cool instrument. Without it, music is pretty lame. My senior year in high school, right before the district wide band concert, I came down with mono, and the shcool had two players for their concert. No, I'm trying not to brag, but I'm a pretty dang good player. So, I had a friend tape the concert, and there was a huge accident on the interstate, and the concert was cancelled. Odd, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X