No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Shrek in spanish. Shrek en espanol=the most annoying thing in the universe.

*huggles art and hands some toblerone over*

OMG. The cutest thing happened at school today.
    In science a guy in my class gave one of my friends a rose and inside the rose it said "want to go to the valentines dance with me?" it was so cute...
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Chime is going wonky.

wildflower44 m
      Gryphon !!
      wildflower44 Argh.
      Gryphon heyy?
      Gryphon shakry?
      wildflower44 Hi.
      Gryphon i'm a ghosty to me too
      wildflower44 Didn't mean to post 'm'.
      Gryphon well, chime is going a lot faster
      Gryphon heh
      wildflower44 Oh, weird.
      wildflower44 So now we're all invisible...and it's fast.
      Gryphon hmm
      Gryphon eep, that line didn't go through right away
      Gryphon maybe it's slowing down?
      Gryphon i think a sharky might be too big for the chime to handle
      wildflower44 Argh! Chime keeps popping up whenever I try to type something.
      sharklord mmhmmm...
      Gryphon and slippery penguins have trouble getting in
      Gryphon heyy
      Gryphon XD

Not only does it look funny, but it booted everyone, and I was a ghosty to myself. Wasn't to sharky apparently, because he could whisper to me.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I'm happy! Very happy! The results to one of the poetry contests I entered have finally gone through! It's called Reflections, and I got an Award of Excellence in my age group. That's the second highest award you can get, and only the five best people even get mentioned.
        Literature
        Outstanding Interpretation
        Middle - Lisa
        Award of Excellence
        MIDDLE - LISA
        Middle Lauren
        Award of Merit
        Middle - Allison
        Middle - Nicholas

This is the list of winners for my age group in the literature category out of the entire county (not country, unfortunatly). I deleted all personal information. The bolded LISA is me. The first place winner's name just happened to be the same. The theme was "A Different Kind of Hero", and I wrote a poem.

I'm almost sure there's a virus, because I'm getting pop-ups, and I never used to get pop-ups. I also have a LOT of error messages saying I have a virus.
        Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
        "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
        "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• awww, I was almost at 100 (haha, it's been taking me long enough to get there)... oh well.

I read that Foxtrot cartoon. Congratulations Lisa!! Excellent job!!

Short post again... blah. Gilmore Girls is on now!! yayness!!

it's not really cold here anymore but it's been raining all this week, so during swim practice we turn to get a breath of air and get raindrops instead. it's fun though, I like swimmin' in the rain. weeeee

I think I actually did good on my bio test for once!! it was on genetics which I 've already learned before and I looooooove Punnet Squares and Probability (maybe cos they're so simple and relate back to math in ways) and so I'm hoping I didn't do too bad.. can't find out until like 2 weeks though cos my teacher is gone in Texas right now while her mom has surgery.

Ack GG is startingbye!
          ------------------------------
          Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
          -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• hey guyz!!!
            sorry I haven't talked or told you why there's no group yet(there will be one soon!)
            I've just been crushed by homework!!!!
            I will start a group very soon because after a recount, most people said yes(sorry for those of you who said no!)
            It will be called Young_Wizards_Rule (nice name isn't it?!?!?huh huh ya think,ya think, huh huh!?!?!?!?!?!?!
            O.K., I got to go do homework*waaaaaaa!!!!!*
            Biy Biy!
            PettyPembo

oh...and by the way congrats Lisa!!!!!!!(it's actually kinda funny cause I also have a friend named lisa!!!!)

Comment

• Hi(again)
              It's done!! it's name is Young_Wizards_Rule
              I hope some of you will join(though you don't have to) and look forward to further talking to all of you!!!!!!!!!

PettyPembo

Comment

• Elita - edit button, please... Unless its not working with the updated format at the moment.

Everyone who has asked: In January next year or late this year I am going to join my friend in Europe. I dunno exactly what countries we will be going to other than Germany - we have a friend who lives there. I'm more than happy to just follow her around, as I have never been there before and she has. The extent of my overseas travel is limited to New Zealand on a school music tour. That was fun. When did I mention that anyway? Was it chatting with you on Skype, Rad? Anyway, America isn't on my list to visit - yet. Maybe later on in life.

Guess what! (for those who are interested) I have found an even better pair of boots They're synthetic leather still, but they look more like riding boots, and they're much more simple - no frills and that. As a plus, they even fit better than the other ones I was looking at getting . Now I just have to convince mum. You know whats really scary? When you're looking at clothes and shoes in the shops, and your mum mentions that she used to wear something like that - at the same age. The fashion this year - here it seems is a mix between the 70s and the 50s. Even scarier is when your mum mentions that your grandmother had clothing similar... ...

Anyway... I got called into work again today - I'm beginning to wonder what Lyn would do without me - and what she's going to do when Uni starts (which is next week, for those of you who are interested). I'm hoping that Uni isn't going to interfere with my posting on this board, but I will make a point of trying to stay up to date with it.

Ohh... only a bit over a week til the next DD chat - and I should be able to make this one . Is anyone not going to be able to make it?

Congrats Lisa!

Alla

Comment

• Congrats, Lisa!

*moans* MY TUMMY HUUUUURTS.

Stupid <STRIKE>meds</STRIKE> <STRIKE>luck</STRIKE> LIFE.

I feel sick on break.

Whee, fun. -_-
                  "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                  "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Abby, are you in 7th grade? Because at my school, we're doing Punnett Squares and all...weird coincedence.

I'm on page 196 of Book of Night with Moon, and page 120 (I think) of the TOGR. The TOGR has grown more than ten pages since I joined! Cool!

I'm happy again, because I got a solo in an upcoming chorus performance that my choir is doing at my old school. (Not that the teacher had much of a choice. He wanted soloists who went to that school, and out of the 3 in my chorus, I'm the only girl.)

Elita, I'm in the process of joining the YW group. I just need my profile approved.
                    Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                    "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!

Comment

• Lisa:
                      I'm almost sure there's a virus, because I'm getting pop-ups, and I never used to get pop-ups. I also have a LOT of error messages saying I have a virus.
                      Eh... well, just don't e-mail anyone until you get it off.

I've done Punnet Squares before... they were okay, I guess. I still remember how to use them.

*shuts eyes and listens to Linkin Park for a few minutes*

I jumped onto my brother's bed, slid on his head phones, and listened to his Reanimation CD last night. It was late, so I did the first and second tracks, then flipped to P5hng Me A*wy, which was one of my favorites, and just sank into it. It was like the first high ectasy users always chase after. Linkin Park: my <STRIKE>anti-</STRIKE> substitute-drug.

By the way, in health we learned not only different drugs, the cons/side-affects, and symptoms of withdrawal, but also the pros, where to find them, and how to make them if you want. XD

Elita, instead of double posting, please edit your first post by clicking the eraser in the lower corner.

Come visit America and taste the McDonald's fast food! Oh, but they've invaded Australia too, haven't they? Blech.

The sacrifice is never knowing why i stayed with you/ just push away/ no matter what you see/ you're still so blind to me
                      -P5hng Me A*wy

*huggles Alla* You'll love it at the Uni! Never been to one, but it never hurts to be optamistic. Opta... Opto... Optimistic? Optimistic!

*huggles Wolfie*

My extra special event of the day? Why, tripping and nearly tumbling down the steps while walking out of the bus. I landed on my feet, so not much excitement. And any preaches? I don't think-- oh, wait. Who has heard of the Kyoto treaty? It's meant for several countries to sign and cut back on the amount of green house gases they release. I beleive about 140 have signed it, but guess who didn't? AMERICA!!! WTH!?!? So, we go to look at the President. It'll hurt the economy to sign. It'll kill our bloody planet to not. RAHHH!!!

I KEEL!
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• congrats lisa(again!)

Congradulations angel_star and Lisa...you are officially part of my group!!!!!!!
                        I already have a poll up so...umm...urg...well...I guess that's it,
                        I guess I'll go now...(I'm trying to buy space, lol)
                        biy biy

PettyPembo
                        "rest in peace Zoe, you were a good hammy-poo"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
                          By the way, in health we learned not only different drugs, the cons/side-affects, and symptoms of withdrawal, but also the pros, where to find them, and how to make them if you want. XD
                          Hmmm. How to make them? That sounds as if it's going a little too far.

Come visit America and taste the McDonald's fast food! Oh, but they've invaded Australia too, haven't they? Blech.
                          There's one in Dover, too. When I was a teenager, there were few enough in England that I never saw any - and I still haven't ever been into one.

And any preaches? I don't think-- oh, wait. Who has heard of the Kyoto treaty? It's meant for several countries to sign and cut back on the amount of green house gases they release. I beleive about 140 have signed it, but guess who didn't? AMERICA!!! WTH!?!? So, we go to look at the President. It'll hurt the economy to sign. It'll kill our bloody planet to not. RAHHH!!!

I KEEL!
                          I can't help thinking that global warming will increase the number of hurricanes hitting the US, too. That won't do the economy any good, you know, Bush!

Adds:
                          Oh, and I just found this webcomic while catching up with the Kevin & Kell archives.
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Elita, just wndering, but what exactly does a yahoo group do? I've never been in one before.

Gah. The other poetry contest I entered hasn't contacted me yet, and it's two days past the day they said they'd send out the winners. This coud be bad, because only the winners get contacted. But then, they also said "on or around Feb. 15" so...there's still hope! Not like I have much of a chance of winning...it's a nationwide contest, and only 21 people will win.

Gryphon- So, we go to look at the President. It'll hurt the economy to sign. It'll kill our bloody planet to not. RAHHH!!!
                            GRRRRR! Stupid president! There are MUCH more important things than money. I hate it when things like that happen.

AHHH! It's been over 24 hours and no one's posted int the TOGR! The world is coming to an end!

Comment

• Wow, not many people are posting now...

Anyway, a lot of stuff has happened (sorta) since my last post - to me anyway.

I am going to be an assistant coach at my old fencing club. I'm really excited about it for some reason, but yeah.

O'week is next week and on Wednesday, all the clubs and societies do little exhibitions and that to recruit people. I'm thinking of joining the Mediaeval Society. It should be fun. Dad even suggested it the other night. He also suggested :

Dad: You should take up archery, you can wield a sword, ride a horse, you might as well have a rounded education.
                              Me: I need to get better at riding first. Anyway archery isn't that hard.
                              Dad: It is from horseback.
                              Me: Thats why I need to get better at riding first. And anyway, what sort of bow would I use? Longbow, compound, recurve? Didn't they use recurves from horseback?
                              Dad: Sometimes.
                              Me: What about tilting? I'd rather do that. There's a place out at Dayboro that does that.

And I might join a self defence class or something. I can't wait for O-week to start.

Alla

Comment

• Alla, your father is determined to drag you kicking and screaming into the ninth century, isn't he ? *

Tilting? Couldn't you just stand near a wall and lean against it? *looks innocent*

<span class="ev_code_Blue">*</span> Huh. I just found out in chat that Alla doesn't know the phrase I was parodying. If someone is really reluctant to accept progress and technology, there was an expression "dragged kicking and screaming into the 20th century". Or 21st now, I suppose.
                                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X