No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars is so awsome i wish i could see it soon i wonder if DD would consider making movies it would be so cool do you think DD will make movies thank you for all replies.

Comment

• Hehe... I've only fallen off once, and that was when I was riding Gordo and he spooked or something when another horse got close to him at the trot. One second I was in the saddle, then next I was on the ground. There really wasn't much distance involved. Anyways, I prefer the real thing. *wink*

I can't run. At all. *is not sports oriented* Yesterday I ran a little bit, but only because I was so mad I absolutely _had_ to do something.

Morph: Please, please, please use puntuation and capitalization. It's really hard to understand what you've posted. *sigh* I'm not good at that kind of stuff. I was never good at IM'ing people because I always use sentences. Well, most of the time, at least.
      <3
      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Oh, Towel Day...wow that is incredibly awesome. I am definitely doing that.

It is 8:45 p.m. and I am about ready to go to sleep...I don't know why I'm so tired but I am. There's 4 and a half weeks left of eighth grade. Tomorrow is Friday. I need a weekend...I need relaxation. There's a dance tomorrow at school which I'm going to. Fun. Tired. Need to sleep...french test tomorrow. Don't want...take french test....*snore*

*jolts awake* I wake up to an alternative rock station, and today was the second day Boulevard of Broken Dreams has been on when my alarm went on...strange. Okay, I'm going to go sleep now. Sorry...for...weird random rambling nothingness...but I'm tired...
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by Morph:
          i wonder if DD would consider making movies it would be so cool do you think DD will make movies thank you for all replies.
          It's possible, and the question has come up in the last few of her online chats. You might want to look back at the transcripts:
          January, February and April. (There wasn't one in March.)
          DD appears to be thinking about a TV series rather than a movie, though.
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Wow. I haven't been in here for a while. Lets see what I can reply to. I have an exam tomorrow, so I shouldn't spend too much time posting here.

Since we're on the topic of mothers-who-are-awesome, I thought I should mention my mom is the best! She just went online and bought tickets for Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith! So, at 4:30 on May 19th, that's where I'll be!
            You're going to hate me. I have midnight tickets . Are you going in costume? My friend and I are - My costume has advanced a bit since the pics that I posted a couple of months ago - and I also have a cloak Its gonna be awesome .

Hehe.. I always end up making the rocking horses walk And I'm getting a little big for them, except for the larger ones - that are a little expensive to play on. I'm talking in the realms of a couple of thousand dollars - its only just cheaper than buying a real horse. As for falling off - I think I've been bloody lucky. I haven't fallen off to date, but I bet its just time. I nearly have. I was put on an ex harness racer in the canter group of the holiday camp that I was on. That was... interesting. I couldn't get him to canter on the trail ride - and then my feet came out of the stirrups. That was kinda fun, but I was a little scared of going back the next day - in case I got put back on the same horse. I didn't, so alls good. And then the last time I went riding, I was on a really little - and I mean really little - palomino, with a personality and hard mouth. It wouldn't have been too bad to fall off him though - there wasn't that far to fall .

I gotta go and do study. Will see you guys on Sunday morning (my time) at five am ... It really isn't fair

Alla

Comment

• Checking out Emoto-sensei's studies on water and the nature of consciousness.
              www.masaru-emoto.net
              Complete unrelated, ever given a friend a weird nickname that everyone picked up on and used? Like "Peebly"?
              Sorry about that, Peebly!
              I lurk. It's what I do.
              "Always put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

Comment

• who loves the chocolate?? everyone loves the chocolate!! I love the chocolate!!
                weebls-stuff.com/toons/47

hehe

horses are fun
                I used to ride this horse named Socks. Doesn't it seem like every stable has a horse named Socks?? I rode a horse named Pocohontas, too, and Ice. (wow....my friend just started singing "Ice Ice Baby"..haha)

I call my friend a LOT of random weird nicknames. like Zeer0. And FonZi!! Nobody even knows FonZi's real name anymore!! hahahaha....
                ~*KsSk8er*~
                "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
                Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• *sings and dances around* I'm finally done with school!! I took my stats final this morning and I think I did ok on it, considering I remembered how to do everything. *watches the video for My Immortal in a side window * I LOVE the music video player on Yahoo Launch. Once you rate a couple of videos, you can play your own "station" and it will play ones by artists you rated and also some recommended ones.

Anyway, I finished books 2 and 3 of the Cirque du Freak series, and I wish I had ordered books 4 and 5 and maybe even 6, but I didn't and now there's not enough time to try to order them b/c interlibrary loan only works during weekdays and I leave on monday so oh well.

All I have to do this weekend is be bored at work, go to the DD chat and then pack and clean up the room...THAT is going to be "interesting"...I hope my dad actually gets here on time on Monday. I am trying to plan things a certain way, but knowing him, he'll screw it all up XD

I'm going to hang around in the comp lab for awhile, then I'm going to go take a nap and then I don't...sheesh this one video is a bit, uh, inappropriate. It's This Love by Maroon 5. I've never listened to them before, but it came on my thing. It's not a bad song, but the video is....yeah. Not necessarily something I want people walking past to see...

*wanders off*
                  ~Rachel

Comment

• One massive college board test down, two to go!! whoo and hoo! (AP US History today, SAT's tomorrow, AP Bio on monday and i am done done done done done!!!!)

can you tell i'm ecstatic????

vv
                    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• My mom just walked into my room and tried to do a haiku for me. Failed miserably. She was trying to get across that I was angry. Hehehe... Yeah, sorry. Mom was singing, "maybe I'm just like my father -- GODDAMN CATS!! AHHHHH!!!"

I worked HOURS on homework. I feel great about it, and I went to karate too. I haven't been since the 18th _last month_.

Morph:
                      how do you become an administrator because i reall want to become an administrator even though i probably have no chance thank you for all replies.
                      To add to Tui's reply, I think you also would have to be a member for a while so everyone knows you. And Lee probably wouldn't just make anyone and administrator. We don't have a lot of members with "powers".

DD at the vera vera top!
                      Leeeeeee
                      PM and Kli, the Mighty Mods of Magnificence.

Some cat vomited on my sheets. That's _gross_.

My Spanglish teacher said that Cinco de Mayo wasn't related to the class, so we did a "crafts" party instead. We spent a full class period (the long period, too -- over an hour) making stupid stuff.

For Star Wars, peice of my day at school
                      E: Well, from now until then, you could try really hard to learn the Force.
                      K: heh
                      G: lol-ish
                      A: What...?
                      E: ...
                      G: ...
                      K: ... try Star Wars?

As for everything else star wars, I think all of you are insane.
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Actually, as I told Morph in chat, the real answer to "How do I become a moderator/administrator?" is "DD asks you to."

What will make her ask you? That's a whole 'nother ball of wax, but I gather in my case it was that I'm on the board a lot; and DD had read enough of my postings to form the opinion that I was helpful to newbies. Or maybe it was just the cobbling together of the FAQ.

Maybe it just boils down into the fact that I believe, very strongly, that the fun of being part of an online community brings with it a responsibility to help make that community a good one. Making posts easy to find by sticking on topic. Making the board efficient by keeping the signal to noise ratio high, and not wasting bandwidth. Staying polite and respectful of everyone whether or not I agree with them, etc. etc.

To paraphrase a certain Oath, I will fight to preserve that this board grows and lives well in its own way; and I will change no topic, chat, or post unless the board's growth and happiness, or that of the system of which it is part, are threatened.

Well, y'know, unless PM and I decide it's finally funny to delete the ToGR "by accident".
                        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• We have a tree on top of our fence now. The wind blew it over. It's still windy, and raining... the cat down the street's down from the tree now, though. Good thing, too, in this weather. She was still up there yesterday, but now she's dissapeared. Poor stray kitty...

Gigo:
                          I'm hunting around the house for a towel. I need it for May 25th. Kudos to you if you know why.

If you _do_ know, I'm impressed, but only if you're not PM or Kathy. XD
                          I dunno how I knew. I haven't even read the books (yet ), and I knew before I saw any trailers for the movie (not that they have towels, I don't think...). I guess you pick some of it up...

Kaiba:
                          Today is Cinco De Mayo (if I spelled that right?)IN Mexico, they celebrate winning some battle or something. I thought it was Mexico's Independence day, but my friend told me that it wasn't....
                          Hehe. It's also 05/5/05 if you write it out like that.

Lisa:
                          The above is a song made up by me, myself, and another personality that lives in my head. It's sung to the tune of "We're off to see the Wizard" from the Wizard of Oz. If you haven't seen that movie, you're missing out on a great thing.
                          Ahh, now I have Wizard of Oz songs running through my head.
                          And my text size has gone really big. *blink* Oh. I ctrl-c'd to get the quote, and scrolled at the same time. There, now it's back.

Ella:
                          *jolts awake* I wake up to an alternative rock station, and today was the second day Boulevard of Broken Dreams has been on when my alarm went on...strange. Okay, I'm going to go sleep now. Sorry...for...weird random rambling nothingness...but I'm tired...
                          Huh. A different kind of "this- song- is- way- too- overplayed"-ness. The only kind I've experienced is the kind where you're flipping through radio stations, and the same song is on three different stations at the same time...

Gryph:
                          As for everything else star wars, I think all of you are insane.
                          Heh. Star Wars, for us, is probably going to be another one of those "Oh, look- at- what's- on- HBO!" type things, months after it's out.

Kli:
                          Well, y'know, unless PM and I decide it's finally funny to delete the ToGR "by accident".
                          Even if you do, I'm reading it again, but this time I'm copying and pasting each post into a Notepad document, just in case. It's taking forever, and I'm going to have to pause reading Chatter II, but hey...
                          *wanders off to start copying and pasting page two*

Comment

• Today was my sister's birthday! She....er...uh...turned...*tooks at cellphone, which had calculated her b-day for me*.... she's turning ten! Whoop-dee-doo! But to me, my lil sis will always be SEVEN!! Even at seventy-two. Her party had like twenty of her little chibi friends, the party turned out great and fun, but me and my friend wandered off into town in the middle of it so I'm not exactly sure...It was at a ceramics place, and they all made like box-thingies, I wasn't sure WHAT exactly they were, but does it really matter? They LOOKED like boxes with out tops, it doesn't matter hwta they REALLY were. I made a crappy flower-ish snowflake thing, and my friend made some animal, after that we kinda wandered away so I'm not exactly sure what we missed...

I had two tests today, one was in history, on the Great Depression and the decades around it, and the other was pop-quiz in math. I think, for ONCE, that I did good in math (It took a WEEK for me to grasp subjec, but now that I do, YAYNESS!!!) And I know I got 100% on history, I asked him and he told me. Yay, it's my fifth history test in a ROW of 100's, usualy I get like 95s or just average grades, but my latest grades are BETTER then average! I'm so happy....

Oh a more despressing note, I was kicked out of science class today for absolutely no ******* REASON!! I missed a whole period, and now I'm a day behind! I. HATE. THAT. TEACHER!! She asks the boy sitting next to be a question of what we were supposed to do with a graph, he didn't know the right answer so was sent into the hall. Then she calls on me, and I say what I thought we were supposed to do with the graph. She sends me into the hall. Then another girl, sitting on my other side, is kicked out TOO, for asking "what?" because she didn't HEAR the question! UNFARINESS! The boy was sent to office, the girl to library, and I had to work in a desk in the hall and answer questions in a text-book! the questions were easy, but I missed a whole in-class project, and now I'm behind! She acted like I had done somethign WRONG, and I DIDN'T! She should have kicked the bad students that DON'T listen out intot he hall, not ME! I had actually listened to her directions, just, maybe drifted off a bit, but I still knew what we had to do with the project! She was going to pass out a handout that would explain what to do with that graph anyway, what was the point of kicking us out?? I heard that another one of the girls (she NEVER listens, or cares about her work...) didn't know the answer, but the teacher guided her to the answer and let her stay! IT'S, NOT, FAIR!! I'm gona gets points off for missing a whole lab, and for once, it's NOT MY FAULT!! Damn my science grades, cause if they drop to like a 'D', it won't be because of me-- rather an OBNOXIOUS teacher *seethes*.

Comment

• W00T!!! I have finished all my mid semesters!!! Yay! And Physics wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been to. I'm actually quite happy with what I did - and as a bonus, I finished with half an hour to go, so I could go outside and finish Ark Angel. Its good .

So how is everyone? I haven't been around for a while because of exams and such. I think I've missed about five pages of the TOGR - does anyone want to do a quick summary for me? or is there nothing that I've really missed?.

*sigh* I have to go and do a maths assignment, because I can't do it next weekend - or hold on, that should probably be a . Because next weekend is the Brisbane Medieval Fayre , which means caming out for a weekend . Its going to be AWESOME!

Alla

Comment

• I`m kicking myself for not geting here earlier, and now I`m mentaly whacking myself in the head, too. And why the chat has to not work today? I am so annoyed right now, as you can probaly tell.
                                "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
                                Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

Working...
                                X