No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omg, I haven't been here in months! I don't know why I stopped, but now that I'm here again, I realized how much I missed you guys! You guys are awesome! *huggles*

Has anyone new joined that I haven't met? Well "HI!" if there are!
    Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Don't huggle me. Don't hug me. Don't give me affection.

Pain is what I live off of.

And, at least according to them, what I get off on.

So don't get too close to me.

You might get hurt...
      "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
      "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Sharky, about your signature: "So what if I'm crazy? I'm saner than you!"
        Are you admitting you're insane? I may be new here, but I don't think I've heard you admit to your insanity before. Use the insanity...it is your destiny. (That was supposed to be mocking Star Wars, Darth Vader to Luke.)

Atremis, everyone needs huggles sometimes! Especially the people who don't want them. *huggles* I know, because I've been pretty depressed lately. Cheer up!

I finished TBONWM today! AWESOME! I checked out To Visit the Queen when I went to volunteer at the library today. I plan to finish it by Sunday.

NOTE: The following has no point. You don't need to read this, unless you have time to kill. I was really bored, and I like to "talk".

While waiting in line to check out my books, a youg kid, second grade, was in fromt of me reading the Yu-Gi-Oh manga. Now, I LOVE YGO but it is definitely not appropriate for that young of a kid. It even has a warning in the front that says "Content is not suitable for those under 13" or something like that. I didn't say anything, but his parents should watch what he's reading. Then my mom embarassed me by commenting "Oh, Yu-Gi-Oh" then he said "Now I'm sure you have boys." (They'd been talking, because his kid was a boy scout...my mom's weird) and then she just pointed at me. The dad looked at me, and said "No, you're kidding. How old are you?" And I told him my age.

Anyway, this is all complete nonsense and I just wanted to type so I could stay up later.

I couldn't get onto the forums earlier. Probably my computer, but it just wouldn't load. Gah.

Cool story, by the way, Sharky.

There was something else I wanted to say...I just don't remember right now...

Oh, hi Believer in Wizardry. I don't think I've seen you. Hi!

First person to post on page 380! Yay!

Hey, I just checked my Karma points, and I have 101 posts! I NEVER thought I'd post even ten times! Hooray! Smilie party!
        Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
        "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
        "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Post counts are back!

It would have been really funny if they had restarted from zero. You guys would have had to have competitions again to see who could reach 100 posts first.

*gets attacked by poot*
          "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

• Not just 100. We just would have been having a constant competition. And I don't think that anyone would have tried to avoid it.

The people I think who would be avidly trying to compete: PM, Gryph, me, Sharky, Wildflower... Kli perhaps.

Any way. I have found the perfectest boots! but they're expensive - and I haven't tried them on yet. They're all leather and $379 I think. Its like three times the amount of the other ones that I was thinking of - but for all leather, I'm thinking that its worth it. Mum's said that she'll contribute a little, but she won't say how much. I'm going to try them on on Monday, on the way home from Uni.

OMG, Uni starts on Monday! I'm starting to get slightly excited for some reason, even though (and I can't believe this) I start the year off with MATHS! Now, not that I hate maths or anything, but to start off the Uni year with a Maths lecture at 8am on a monday morning cannot be a good thing. Oh, and for those who are interested (or horrified) I may be able to get a copy of The Little Mermaid soundtrack and/or DVD through the Uni CD shop - the place where I got my Star Wars Episode One soundtrack from. The guy who runs the place loves soundtracks for some reason, so thats right up my alley. Its weird, apparently the Jurassic Park soundtrack is rare - and he is selling it for $35. I got a copy from a different store (in the city) for only $10! Anyway... thats raving on for a while.

Heya BiW! I don't think you've missed much, the forums haven't been very active of late.

Ohohoh! DD chat on Saturday! (or sunday morning for me) Yay! Who is coming?

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE:

Art, I know you said you don't want this, but *huggleshughuggles*. I can take being hurt, you need our support to help you through this rough time. I said it earlier, and I'll say it again. We'll be here for you if you need anyone - even to give you huggles when you don't want them. *huggles*

Alla

Comment

• *Huggles everyone*

Wow Alla, I'm sure Math at 8 in the morning is going to be LOADS of fun...hehe those boots sound aweseome but I would never spend more than like $30 for a pair of boots. But then I am just a cheapskate. Soundtracks!

Art: *doublehuggle* You might just be surprised at me...and who cares what they think, anyway?
              ~Rachel

Comment

• YAYYY! Snow day!!! No school no school no school no school!!! Of course, even though it's snowing, it's not really sticking to the road. And I like school on Thursdays. I have all my favorite classes today, and my choir is supposed to go to an elementary school to perform today. But NO SCHOOL rocks!

Weird. My post count is 100, but I thought it said 101 in my karma.
                EDIT: Yeah, my Karma now says 102, but the public post count is 101.

Alla, poor you. Math is yucky, especially in the morning. I have social studies, so I just either sleep or read. Good luck!

I don't think spending lots of money on shoes is a good idea. People at my school think that $100 is a good price. I have never spent more that $30 on shoes. And I probably never will. But that's just me.

I'm glad post counts are back...I wouldn't have won any post races.
                Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!

Comment

• A: So, what do you think the chances are of school being cancelled tomorrow?
                  G: I don't want school to be cancelled! We have pep rally tomorrow, and it's a dressdown day. A dressdown is worth school.
                  A: ... I see.

Well, the CG programs that I'm talking about (though I guess I include Photoshop too) were stuff like Toy Story and all of that with the 3d figures and all.

Gryph:
                  Who cares that peice of story came *months* after the last entry?
                  Just so you know. Adding 'months' to the sentence makes more sense because we already know it came after the last entry. XD

Heyyy, BiW. *huggles* I was wondering about you. XD

*straight jackets wolfie, then gives huggles* I care. You don't live off pain; you die and write poetry off of it.

Alla:
                  They're all leather and $379 I think.
                  ... !!! I'd never spend that much on boots [on anything XD]!!! And thanks for mentioning the DD chat -- woulda forgotten.

Lisa, post counts don't match karma. I have well over the thousands vs. what it lists here. The reason is this: Post count is all of the ones in the forums. Karma counts even the deleted and archived posts. So the older of a member you are, the more will be missing from your post count.

We're tossing kings out of windows, now?
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Boots-wise, I want a pair of steel-toed Dr. Martens. But I'm boring, I won't be customizing them.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alla:
                      Not just 100. We just would have been having a constant competition. And I don't think that anyone would have tried to avoid it.

The people I think who would be avidly trying to compete: PM, Gryph, me, Sharky, Wildflower... Kli perhaps.
                      I'd just be trying to get my karma up to 1000. Then I can be <STRIKE>senile</STRIKE>senior.

Ohohoh! DD chat on Saturday! (or sunday morning for me) Yay! Who is coming?
                      I probably will.

Originally posted by Rad:
                      I would never spend more than like $30 for a pair of boots
                      Though an Australian dollar is worth about 79ยข US, so those boots are a bit cheaper than they sound to you.

Originally meowed by Gryphon:
                      Well, the CG programs that I'm talking about (though I guess I include Photoshop too) were stuff like Toy Story and all of that with the 3d figures and all.
                      Mmm, 3d figures. Must get my figures looking more human, so I can do fanart.
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Murray:
                        Though an Australian dollar is worth about 79ยข US, so those boots are a bit cheaper than they sound to you.
                        Shhh... confusing people is fun .

I shouldn't really be on the computer at the moment. I'm meant to be tidying my room, but yeah.

The boots are all leather, thats why they're so expensive. But they're not the most expensive ones there. That prize falls to a pair of suede ones that was sitting next to them for AU$1150 ...

So yeah. Must go.

Alla

Comment

• I'm supposed to be cleaning my room too, but oh well.

I posted this in another topic, but I'll put it here for good measure. I can't come to the DD chat on Saturday! I thought I'd be able to, but my mom told me (like, yesterday) that we're going to my cousin's house in Baltimore for his birthday. My mom wouldn't like me getting online in the middle of his party.

So, yeah, I'll miss my first DD chat.

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Gibby:
                              I may be away for a few day, for I have some major tests coming up next week, before my break.
                              *huggles Gibbish* S'okay Gibby. Your priorities are sorted out a lot better than mine are.

Alla started it with the boots. *points*

For a while the entire forums were messed up. All of the post counts read '0'. Chime's colors are different.
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• There was a school dance today, I didn't go but all my friends did.
                                I feel kind of pathetic now because I didn't go because I was nervous, (even though I've been to dances over the summer before.)
                                I'm such an idiot, I should've gone...
                                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X