No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah, I'm board and ill. Ill and board. Not a good combination. Gah.
    My school is ALWAYS being linked to the teenage-vandilsim-moody-reboulious thing just because a couple of immuare younger kids think it's funny to go and vandalse a park for the disabled or set fire to trees or fight. I go to a big school and HARDLY any of us are like that.

Nobody mention the spelling. I've given up on it today.

Comment

• I don't have much to say today...but I realized that I have 61 posts already! Yay! I guess this would make it 62...

I'm very mad at my english teacher. She assigned us another boring assignment. A 5-paragraph essay on "the most influential person in my life". We have to do an outline, 2 drafts, and a bunch of other stuff to get full credit.
      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• I've just put all of the Smuggling the Star into a word file, and I'm going to print it up as soon as I get a chance. Right now I should be studying for tomorrow's history test. I'm not ready at all; we did a practice quiz with 10 questions, and I got only two right. X| A wake-up call for sure. Lesse, I know all of the countries and capitals for Latin America, but that's what we needed to know on Tuesday. I did great on that quiz, but the test covers everything about it, 'cept for the map stuff. Five minutes of typing here always helps my stress. Meh.

I spent all of the ride home from school just talking with a friend I haven't been able to say hi to since last semester. I also saw her online last night when I actually signed on AIM. We talked about everything.

When I'm incredibly stressed, I flip out at people for nothing.

Racial stereotypes are worse than teenage ones, beleive me. I'm caucasian... a safe majority, I guess, but that doesn't mean I don't care. I walked by a tv left on at a new station, which was talking about how the majority of violent crimes are done by african-americans and so on. And then... all african-americans have to live under the assumption that they fit in that category. That they're the ones failing statewide standardized tests. Wow, a few suddenly represents everyone. I'm sure you, Lisa, won't go off doing drugs, and I'm sure you, Art, won't go and blow up buildings for the thrill of it. I'm sure you, Kat, won't go around TPing every house you pass by. I'm just as sure Z won't go on a rampage and brutally murder people. I'm sure I'm not a fluff-head to be taken advantage of either.

Who influences my life? Eh, I guess my mom had the most influence, but it's not like I have some famous idol I look up to. Lesse, I guess you could poke around the internet and find some sciency guy who did all this research and crap against all odds because of whatever barrier. That'll give you a good five-paragraph essay. I did a report on this one guy for black history month in science last year, and if I could think of his name...

But don't wait for me to think of his name (if you were going to take my advice at all).

This morning in homeroom, a girl walked into our room and tried to convert a few people to softballism (try to get them to join the team). "Who's thinking about joining softball?" (No one raises their hand) "Oh. Well, if you think about it ever, go and uhh, visit [teacher]'s room. Soft ball is better than lacrosse, anyway."
        [class:]"Booo."
        A few girls in the class did high-fives, and L commented that track rules, followed by, "you're a loser, L. (in a friendly way, btw)"

Spanish teacher. FREAK.

"Everyone, get out your el texto! We are going to hablar the el spanish!"

After finishing a test:
        Spanglish: Do we want to learn something new, la clase?
        Clase: Nooo
        S: WHAT??? (wide eyes) But we have 20 minutes left! We love (her arms spread wide and she starts nodding to herself) to learn espanol! Don't we, clase?
        C: ...

This is my spanish class every day. GAH

Yesterday H spilled hydro chloric acid on herself. What fun. We were talking about it in spanish while the teacher tried to teach spanglish.

Also, according to spanglish teacher, scrabble is a sport.

Kill me now.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• EEK! HCl!! I'll bet that wasn't fun. I'm using one of the dreaded Mac computers again...I guess it isn't so bad as long as I can use one of the newer ones up front, like I'm using now. Class is over and everyone is gone...it's so quiet in here. We get to learn how to use Photoshop eventually in this class! I'm so happy b/c I've always wanted to know how to use Photoshop but never had the chance to learn. I'm debating whether I should try to go exercise before dinner...lessee...if I got back to my room by 4:30 I could be at the Fitness Center by 4:40, then it would take anywhere from 25-45 minutes to work out...so maybe as late as 5:30 for dinner. Then I would go back to the room, take a shower, read YW while waiting for my hair to dry then gel my hair...so it would be about...at least 7-ish before I got back online. Anyway, if you still have any doubt, no I don't have a life.
          ~Rachel

Comment

• I'm caucasian, just to let you know, but I think that many races are looked down upon unfairly. It seems that african-americans are expected not to reach as high as others. They are disregarded, and at my school it's almost like african americans and hispanics think that if they're not expected to succeed, they don't need to try. Not all of them, but a lot, just try to act out because that's what's expected. Anyway, that's my opinion.

Oh, and the same thing applies to girls. Sometimes it's like they don't think we can succeed just as well as boys.
            Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
            "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
            "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Ah, I'm tired. I ate too many fries today at lunch so I have bad cramps. (no that was not a 'need to know' comment, I just thought I'd say it.)

ALLA! in school today we learned how to speak like a dinky di! I learned that I'm a yankie (which means gangster in japanese,) and PM is a pommy! And a cigarette is a ***. and lots more stuff!

No Gryph I won't run around killing people.
              *heh heh...maybe* <----no i'm joking about that.

HAPPY YEAR OF THE ROOSTER!!!!!!!
              http://www.desktopchina.com/desktopc...acter/cw17.gif
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Your Spanish teacher is a little... weird... eh, Gryph? And your classes are more interesting than mine... the strangest thing my French class does is randomly say "la (or le, whichever one) table" or "Je vais aller a l'ecole" Translation: I'm going to go to school. They're just weird like that... The teacher isn't like that though... the worst thing she does is say something we didn't learn yet. Like when she started asking if the pratique was correct in French. The whole class was like "SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!" It was really funny. By the way, my French teacher is going to have a baby in April. The predicted date is April 13, three days before my birthday! Yea...

Racist comments aren't common at my school. Most of the students are African American and Asian. One could probably find a few Mexicans and Native Americans there. I find it funny that there are only around 5 caucasion (however you spell it) people there, me being one of them... Yea it's funny. But nobody gets offended very often. That's good though.

I'm going to enter my teen years in a few months. Even though my parents have regarded me as a teen since I was ten (or was it eleven?). I'm not too thrilled though because I know being a teen sometimes sux, so says my 16-year-old brother says. Besides, I'm probably going to be kicked out of the house by 16 or something, so it's going to be worst. I'm kind of a bad kid...

I have a feeling that I'm missing something... I don't know what it is... Nope. It's no use. I can't remember. Yep yep yep... I go now...

Polie
                From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• Star Trek: Changing Spaces.
                  An outgrowth of the officer exchange program between Starfleet and the Klingon Empire. Engineers come to each others' ships and make changes to the engines and/or computer systems to correct perceived inefficies.

Comment

• Gryphon:
                    I'm sure you, Lisa, won't go off doing drugs, and I'm sure you, Art, won't go and blow up buildings for the thrill of it. I'm sure you, Kat, won't go around TPing every house you pass by. I'm just as sure Z won't go on a rampage and brutally murder people. I'm sure I'm not a fluff-head to be taken advantage of either.
                    Muahaha. I wasn't mentioned in that list of yours, leaving me to do whatever destructive I please. Lessee, maybe I can hold hold up a 7-11 while high on heroin. Then I can spread insanity like a plague throughout the world...

I'm kidding of course.

Now, about this fluff head thing, Gryph. You are a Skitty. Skitties are fluffy in general, which leads that they have fluffy heads. Pets are sometimes taken advantage of (i.e. like the people who dress theirs up in full costume for no particular reason, but to see what they'll look like.) Therefore, because a Skitty is of the Cat family and Cats are pets, then you are indeed "a fluff-head to be taken advantage of."

*starts slowly moving backwards as an angry, angry Skitty advances on him, claws bared*

*nerve breaks, I run*

Isn't illogical reasoning fun?!
                    ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• EDIT: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2256766/1/ YAY!
                      "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                      "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• I want to learn Photoshop. *grumbles about computer graphics course* We're taught to use this one program, and we'll be using it the entire time. I don't see this helping me ever in my future. It's not at all like what PM uses (whatever you use); there's no math involved. CG teacher mentioned that I might need to know physics... but there's none of that either. Oh well, it's fun, and I get to make stuff that looks funny. I also love exploring computer programs on my own... I guess that's how I learn best. Same for places, if I get to explore.

Lisa:
                        Oh, and the same thing applies to girls. Sometimes it's like they don't think we can succeed just as well as boys.
                        President of Harvard certainly thinks so.

A dinki di?

Z:
                        No Gryph I won't run around killing people.
                        *heh heh...maybe* <----no i'm joking about that.
                        *huggles*

My mom comments all the time that she can't understand half of what I say, and then calls me 'teen' in place of my name. Maybe I drop a few too many consanants... XD Okay became o'ay, and now just 'ay.

*dies laughing at talkingbeast*

not a skitty

n o t a s k i t t y

NOT A SKITTY

NOT A SKITTY!!!

I'm certainly interested, Art. *huggles*
                        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Oh yea! I forgot about Star Trek! The only Star Trek I watch is Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG) with Captain Jean-Luc Pickard. He's so cool... I plan to watch all the Star Trek movies in one sitting. But that would take all day, and I have to go to my father's this weekend... I saw Star Trek Nemisis recently. It was interesting with the clone thingy and all. Jean-Luc is cool though. Nobody in my class has heard of him... It's kind of sad...

Originally posted by Gryphon:

not a skitty

n o t a s k i t t y

NOT A SKITTY

_NOT A SKITTY!!!_
                          Why do people keep calling you a skitty? I'm confluzled (my new word prenounced: Cun-floo-zld). Was that an old nickname?

Polie
                          From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• Gryph: Sharky's not going to stop calling you Skitty...if you wanted to be called Skitty I bet he'd go back to Gryph...
                            *Considers changing name to Wild Flower*

Art: Neat! I always forget to check for updates on ff.net though. Meh. *Bookmarks*

Polie: Argh! Ever since I changed my avie, I can't see yours. Gah. I wonder if I change mine, if I'll be able to see yours again, or if I won't be able to see mine either.
                            Well, next time I use one off that site I'm going to rehost it on Imageshack.
                            Skitty used to be Gryph's username before she asked Lee to change it to Gryphon. And people don't call her that, at least if they don't want to get killed. Sharky does anyway. He's died several times now.

Gibby: FurBalls! They're so-so- *Can't stop laughing* cute...
                            I like dark red and dark green. Merry Christmas! It's not my fault my favorite colors match my birthday!

*Pokes mp3search.ru* Argh. Errors coming up every time I try to play anything. It works fine in IE, but IE doesn't open a download manager. So I can't figure out if it's opening the files to play them, or saving them someplace permanent, which would be bad.
                            *Banghead*
                            Currently listening to the Teen Titans theme.
                            In Japanese.
                            Don't ask.

HerInteractive....*Banghead* Yes, again. They're CRAZY. Now suddenly they don't want anything in another language.
                            "You've converted your real first name to Japanese and are going by that name on this site! We ban you!!"
                            Only slightly less so. But I currently have Kumori Rei in my siggy on one of my accounts, so I'm going to wait and see how long it takes them to delete the whole signature. But they haven't banned me for having Rei in my sig, because it's the shortened version of my name in Japanese...but I wonder how they're going to react to adding Kumori (Shadow, so with Rei I have shadow spirit) onto that.
                            Oh, and so much for my post storing holiday greetings in other languages. Guess I'm stuck with "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year" This year, instead of last year's Maori "Kia orana e kia manuia rava i teia Kiritimeti e te Mataiti Ou." [/yet another long rant thingy]

Chime and February are still mad at each other.

*Banghead*

Comment

• I got Star Trek Nemesis on DVD for Christmas. IT HAS DINA MEYER IN IT!!! I love Dina Meyer! I LOVE ST:TOS and ST:TNG!

Gah, I didn't work out today...maybe tomorrow, but then I'll have homework to do...

*stabs homework* DIE

Anyhow, I will be going now, it's getting late and I want to get a small head start on that blankety-blank homework...

OH BTW, Dina Meyer is the lady with the red hair in the middle of my siggy. She was Barbara Gordon/Oracle/Batgirl on my favorite former tv show Birds of Prey (BOP). (The other two are Dinah, the blond on the left, and Helena/Huntress, the one on the right. In the background of Dinah is Carolyn Lance/Black Canary, Dinah's mom, and also Oracle. In the background of Oracle is herself in her Batgirl costume, and then in the background of Huntress is Jesse Reese, her cop love interest.)
                              ~Rachel

Comment

• Gryphon:
                                I did a report on this one guy for black history month in science last year, and if I could think of his name...
                                I suppose it's a cliche to guess George Washington Carver?
                                Rad:
                                I'm using one of the dreaded Mac computers again...I guess it isn't so bad as long as I can use one of the newer ones up front, like I'm using now. Class is over and everyone is gone...it's so quiet in here. We get to learn how to use Photoshop eventually in this class!
                                Macs gooood. Photoshop good too.
                                Lisa:
                                Sharklord:
                                Muahaha. I wasn't mentioned in that list of yours, leaving me to do whatever destructive I please. Lessee, maybe I can hold hold up a 7-11 while high on heroin. Then I can spread insanity like a plague throughout the world...
                                Gryphon probably thought it wasn't safe to mention you, since you're crazy. After all, you can't spread insanity unless you've got it...

Gryphon again:
                                *grumbles about computer graphics course* We're taught to use this one program, and we'll be using it the entire time. I don't see this helping me ever in my future. It's not at all like what PM uses (whatever you use); there's no math involved.
                                I use POV-Ray, which is free and available for lots of different OSes.</commercial break>
                                What's the one you're using?

I mentioned the results of girls and boys in my response to Lisa above, so I won't repeat it here.

"Teen"? You mean, you're so protective of your real name, you won't even tell your mother what it is? That's the truth, isn't it?

Poliester: Did you know that, although it got changed a lot from their original script, the TNG episode "Where No One Has Gone Before" was a script by DD and Michael Reaves? (Quote from DD's article about writing it: "All we know for sure is that, in the shooting script for the episode, only two elements of our original (besides the general idea) remain".)

Page 373!
                                Wildflower: Odd, I can see both your and Poliester's avi.

Rad again: I got totally confused by those three characters some years ago, when DC started changing their continuity. Suddenly Helena wasn't Batman's daughter any more, and Dinah turned out to have died, and her daughter had replaced her without anyone knowing.... What happened to Barbara was simple by comparison, but I still prefer the old one, even if this old comic with her in does have her fighting the notorious villain Killer Moth .
                                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X