No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 1st is homecoming! And I still don't have a date! whoo! (my mom's having fits)

I was at school when I found out about 9/11. The principal cam on teh interocm and told all teh teachers to quiet their kids, and then didn;t come back on for a long time. We all thought that someone was taking over the school. And then, like five minutes later, he told us what had hapenned. And we weren't allowed to turn on teh TV's. Which made it really horrible, a'cuz noone knew what was going on. Esp. since we heard that something had hapenned in pennsylvania. That kinda caused some mass panic.

Yeah. Hey, does anybody want the first three chapters of WAW? I printed them out when teh excerpts first came out...and now they're kinda useless, as I have the book. yeah.
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• This is my current favorite link in the entire world. Even better than this which my brother is so not seeing, because after I showed him the first one he's been singing it everywhere, mainly art class, and totally off-key, so I hate that now <STRIKE>and not just because Elizabeth thinks he's the cutest thing ever</STRIKE>.

Chat; Gryph's togr post:
      Peter Murray Sea dragons are real.
      Gryphon i know; i have a pet one
      Gryphon his name is fred, and i keep him in my aquarium
      Gryphon but he ate all of the other fish
      Gigo Gryphon: *snerk*
      Gryphon and he ate the dog too
      Peter Murray Ah. And they're endangered.
      ...and I think by then I wasn't breathing anymore, but that was roughly when I had to stop reading. I was laughing *so hard*...

Gryph:
      Sam likes to drag Skittles around by the ear.
      XD You either have a really really tough cat or a really really small dog. Our dogs are all big, and for the most part the indoor cat just freezes if they decide to pin her to the floor. Heh, I typed floop... which reminds me of the "nadl of typos" populated by "a million typo demnos and a wf" from chat. That was around when I melted of pure argh (all over the good clean rug) at PM. Oh, and there were the murple flowers and garden minions, thanks to VGDawn... huh, I've been getting actual sleep lately. Sleep deprivation high (irandgom thinfy) is setting in sooner now.

Caitlin:
      Hey, does anybody want the first three chapters of WAW? I printed them out when teh excerpts first came out...and now they're kinda useless, as I have the book. yeah.
      Aren't they different from the actual book, though? I remember reading the first four chapters or so of the book and noticing things that were added (good) and noting with annoyance that some other parts, some I really liked, had been cut (bad)- as far as I could remember from the excerpts.
      S'like how I was reading the Holiday excerpt in the back of my Alone paperback and noticed a scene I didn't remember, and at the library today I checked their hardback, and I hadn't skipped over nearly a page or anything; it just wasn't there. It was weird...

Nearly four weeks and my post is *shorter.* Six pages to reply to, and I have three posts out of that quoted. Logic has been eaten by a cheese grater.

And Foundation of the Week's been dropped off the empire state building, after which it hit the head of an unforutunate lawyer, zinged sideways, bounced into a trash compacter, and wound up as so many small pieces of That Which Has Been Totally Forgotten And Ignored To The Point Of Utter Destruction.
      So the Bob the Treefrog for President Foundation is staying, because wf sucks at updating her siggy.

Ooh, September 19th is Talk Like a Pirate Day! There's no way I'm going to remember/no way I'm good enough at speaking pirate to talk to anyone without having to think for a while/no way I'm going to somehow turn into a person who participates in awesome holidays like this, because unfortunately... gahh, train of thought derailed and spun off into the void before bursting into spontaneous flames. I blame Magical Trevor 3 and the fact that all I could think of to write, suddenly, was "chinchilla!"

Wheeeeee. I wonder how much sugar one piece of oddly-shaped frozen mango has in it? Frozen mango rocks. That statement can be taken two ways; frozen mango is really really good, or frozen mango is very hard and rocklike. Both of those would be true.

...wow, this is really neat. I'm looking up random songs by Hot Hot Heat, and I *thought* that the only song I'd heard before was Goodnight Goodnight, which I have on Windows Media Player now, and first heard on one of the radio stations there. And suddenly, listening to Middle of Nowhere, I realized that I'd heard that on the same internet radio station. It's a cool feeling, rediscovering something you didn't know existed.

togr is too big. Not in a bad way. Just... inhumanly large. It's pretty much where everyone posts to dump stuff, links and random and personal-ish stuff. But mostly random.

What does a random look like? Huh. Now I'm going to wind up doing all these weird sketches of whatever comes to mind at the word random. A personification of random.

I think it probably looks like the cellophane windows in business envelopes.

Comment

• back from Frackville... mmmph..

Mmm,my hands smell like pumpkin pie...yummy. We stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home for breakfast..it was really yummy. And I got hand lotion, which is why my hands smell like pumpkin pie!! Its not overly spicey smelling, just right... I just discovered two things-That Franz Ferdinand ROCKS!! (save the song Michael) and that my brother has their CD. I swear, everytime I turn around he has another CD!! He was all these CDs I want, and never tells anyone!!!

And you know what always seems to happen to us? Whenever my family comes home from a trip from somewhere we have never/not been to in a long time, some psycho always give us the finger. I mean, and then that lady got in front of us, and sat at a red liught, then it turned green...45 seconds later, we were still sitting there. Then she stopped, stopped at a green light!! For no reason!!

yea, well...
        and we were scoming home, like maybe ten minutes or so lesft to go, and there is this clearing after all these woods. Its a farm with horses and lots of crops, and there are all these hills. You know the kind; the ones where your stomach drops. Anyways, we were takin them fast. And it was soooo fun. Then we took the last one, and we got air!! Not a lot, but dude..there was five of us, in a Mercury...WOAH!!

And then it happened again....hehehe...it was fun...but after that we slowed down considerably. Well, I'm gonna go find something to do, now...*wanders off trying to breath stale air*
        just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Wildflower said:
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Peter Murray Sea dragons are real.
          </div>[quote]
          They are! They're related to sea horses. Look:
          Leafy sea dragon
          Weedy sea dragon
          Sea horse
          Some other long-headed fish
          And finally, a fish that just looks slightly strange, but which is probably the basis for all of the others: pipe fish.
          The whole group is odd enough that one of the webpages has to point out that in the ghost fish, it's the female fish that take care of the young before they're born.

I remember reading the first four chapters or so of the book and noticing things that were added (good) and noting with annoyance that some other parts, some I really liked, had been cut (bad)- as far as I could remember from the excerpts.
          This is my current favorite link in the entire world.
          I am not 'Fairy Hedgehog'.
          Wasn't that the name of one of the regulars here?
          *goes to keep reading that really long list*
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I remember 9/11. We were all sitting in class -- I don't remember if it was homeroom or history; I had the same teacher for both -- and the teacher mentioned a singer who she said she didn't really know much about, but maybe some people did, and that she died today. Something happened, but the teacher wasn't sure of all of the details, but I got "plane crash" out of it. Then... a tv was turned on, and we saw about five minutes of it -- one of the scenes had a school full of children standing outside their building, cheering. A little later, we were all sent home. On the tv at home, almost every channel was showing the crash over and over again.

Rolf: the person's avie on wf's favorite link. XD

I don't get how the Mentats in training is funny.

I helped my mom make cookies by finding the cookbook and all the ingredients. I also found a bag full of white chocolate and minimarshmallows and got sugar high before the cookies were done.

WF: What would you call that? Absence-induced radomness? Ultrarandomness? Godly randomness? WF has AIGRD.

Mel:
            I just discovered two things-That Franz Ferdinand ROCKS!! (save the song Michael) and that my brother has their CD.
            Woooh! What, why not Michael? My fav is Dark of the Matinee. Now go check if your brother has the album Antics by Interpol! (I've heard some of Interpol's older stuff, and it wasn't as good...).

Oh, yeah... I looked at Gigo's signature... Urk. PM! What Kit pulled out of his pants!

I already knew about the male sea horses. I got to see a male sea horse give birth at an aquarium one time. It was really cool.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I dunno why I don't like Michael... I just don't I really like Dark of the Matinee too. That is by far the BEST!! Ungh... my other brother is being a dork. Hr wants to get on the computer, so instead of walking down the steps, he's been bugging me for the past hour or so to get off. Now hes kicking ym chair, but, really, I don't care. I WIN!!

Comment

• PM:
                And finally, a fish that just looks slightly strange, but which is probably the basis for all of the others: pipe fish.
                I LOVE PIPEFISH! They are so awesome! They're my favorite type of fish besides any type of shark. They have an exhibit on them (and other seahorses) at the Chicago Aquarium and they are sooo awesome! Pipefish pwn....and speaking of seahorses, "Kaiba" sorta means seahorse. Well, "kai" means sea in Japanese and "ba" is horse, which actually means baby dragon. Except the word "seahorse" in actually something totally different that would translate to something totally different...*babbles on*

I have a nasty cold. I have chorus class tomorrow. How the heck will I able to sing, let alone breath??

I painted my nails sparkly pinkish red melon-color with glitter today because I was bored. My mom told it looked cute... like something a nine-year-old would wear, not a high school freshman. I simply stated that it would match my glittery purple "hello kitty" watch. I can be so immature sometimes... but it's also very fun!

Windows Media Player sucks. Especially on outdated Apples and iMac version "classics." And my Yuugiou: GX download refused to cooperate, so the screen didn't show, so instead their were only voices, which really did NOT help, considering that they were in yelling in Japanese and I needed subtitles, on the screen that didn't show...*grrrr*

WF:
                Frozen mango rocks. That statement can be taken two ways; frozen mango is really really good, or frozen mango is very hard and rocklike. Both of those would be true.
                Heh. I love mango, especially with sticky rice. (Accidently wrote "manga" the first time...)

WF: A personification of random.
                Such a thing would be very interesting. *nods solemly* I can imagine it, though doing that hurts my head with all the randomly outrageous colors and shapes... But first we must pray and wroship to the Randomness. Especially in the TOGR. *bows*

Mel:
                Mmm,my hands smell like pumpkin pie...yummy
                I love pumpkin pie. It smells and tastes very good. Though I'm not sure how I feel about your hands spelling like it...

Wow, I mentioned mango and pumpikin pie in this one post, today must be a hungriful day! (again wrote "manga" the first time instead of "mango"...)

*eats a pretzal in honor of a hungriful day*

Did you know that in france they say BRETZAL instead of pretzal?! With a "B"!! I find that the most amazing thing...

Gryph:
                I remember 9/11. We were all sitting in class -- I don't remember if it was homeroom or history; I had the same teacher for both -- and the teacher mentioned a singer who she said she didn't really know much about, but maybe some people did, and that she died today. Something happened, but the teacher wasn't sure of all of the details, but I got "plane crash" out of it. Then... a tv was turned on, and we saw about five minutes of it -- one of the scenes had a school full of children standing outside their building, cheering. A little later, we were all sent home. On the tv at home, almost every channel was showing the crash over and over again.
                I was in fifth grade at the time, and had no idea what the World Trade Center was. A similar thing happened for us, excep they made us go out into the field and wait there, cowering in fear, for a few hours before letting us run home. For some reason they thought a mattress truck outside the school might have a bomb in it so they made us leave the school buidling and wait... *sigh* Even though I was confused and not aware of anything that was happening, it's a day I'll remember forever because of the tragedy that took those many lives. We've all heard of the horrors of attacks like Pearl Harbor, but I expect the Trade Centers will go down in history just like that (well, even MORE people died), and one day I'll be telling my grandchildren that I was alive in the time of the World Trade Centers... I wonder what this war against Iraq and everything will be called in the future...

Comment

• <3
                  the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• I don't know why I forgot to put this in my last post, but anyways...the Terry Fox Run. On TV they showed how everyone was happy and excited because this was the 25th anniversary...I would've been too, if it wasn't wet and cold and we hadn't ran about an hour after everyone else across Canada had finished. Or that it took place right after homeroom so I missed half of my favourite option. Oh, and most of the people shown on the program thingy they (CBC) aired were elementary kids. I wish I was still in elementary...everything was more fun then...and I still need to raise money so we can watch our teachers get their hair shaved off...
                    Here's the link to the Terry Fox Foundation, which raises money for the search for a cure for cancer.

About randomness...a few days ago my friend and I were working on this Language Arts assignment where we had to draw a coat of arms for ourselves...and she was in the process of drawing what looked like a missile. It was only when she nearly clobbered me on the head when I realised it was an airplane. XD
                    Oh, and my locker partner (the same person as above) finally threw out her week old (or two weeks?) chocolate pudding that had been festering on a semi-deserted shelf in our locker...

But the only truly random things are dreams. Last night I dreamt that I was chasing/being chased by this small slimy ugly brown alien through something that looked like a food court in a mall, except it was dark and crowded and the people working in the food court were also incredibly slimy aliens, except the alien I was chasing/being chased by (I think there were other people with me too...) looked more like a pile of wet dung covered with slime, and we chased it in and out of another huge alien in this dark room somewhere (yes, IN and OUT of it's mouth, that's how big it was) and I had these weird rods used for poking and attacking/defending myself from the little alien and- well, yeah. I think there was something about getting a YW book in there too somewhere...It was REALLY weird...

Mel: Mmm,my hands smell like pumpkin pie...yummy. We stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home for breakfast..it was really yummy. And I got hand lotion, which is why my hands smell like pumpkin pie!! Its not overly spicey smelling, just right...
                    I want lotion like that...Pumpkin pie is great...*thinks about making some pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving next month*

There's a kid in my class named Spencer. At least he's nothing like that, thank goodness.

wildflower44: Frozen mango rocks. That statement can be taken two ways; frozen mango is really really good, or frozen mango is very hard and rocklike. Both of those would be true.
                    I've never had frozen mango, but I think frozen coconut (for who knows how long) is pretty much the same...

There are such things as dragons.

*yawns* I slept for 12 hours today and I'm now permenantly sleepy...My brain will never work the same since I first had to get up at 6:30 in the morning to get ready for school...
                    -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• Tomorrow is my 16th birthday! Not that anything special happens for me or anything - still can't drive. But still - I'm getting a bunch of cool stuff, and that can't be too bad, can it? I got and finished W@W... I know, can't talk about it right here, but still. Lent it to Malachi, she's reading it now. She was reading it at my party.
                      I got good cake, too.
                      "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                      "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Mom made me go to a youth group meeting today. Not sure if I liked it or not. It just seemed, I don't know, not my type of prayer? Whatever, I'll figure it all out later.

The dishwasher ate the top of my Nalgene bottle from the Life is Good company. Now I have no more water bottles. Evil dishwasher. *stabs dishwasher with a spork*

Hmmm...I still don't have a Homecoming dress. I need to find one before October 1. I'm glad I'm not on varsity cross country, or I wouldn't be able to go to Homecoming, I'd have to go to a meet in New York somewhere.

I really don't remember what I was going to post, but I did have something to post...hmm...I love pumpkin pie, but not as much as I love apple pie...I just had some apple pie ice cream, which was REALLY good. I love apple pie. Today, we went and picked apples. I love apples too, but I have to cut them up really small because of my braces. Braces suck. All day today, my family was eating things I couldn't eat with braces (gum, popcorn, apples, carrots, rock candy(I ate some anyway) and taffy.)

HEY! I remember what I was going to post: cross country yesterday was very wet. And muddy. See, the whole course was flat, and then there was this INSANELY BIG HILL which we had to run down and then back up. It was so muddy, some people just rolled down the hill because they lost their balance so many times. Very funny to watch.

I guess I have to go do the rest of my English homework...not fun. Oh well...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Edit: Mel, I just read your post below, and you know who came on the radio? KEITH URBAN! Isn't he the best???? Okay, just my craziness...so...yeah!

Comment

• ATWM: I want lotion like that...Pumpkin pie is great...*thinks about making some pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving next month*
                          did you ever hear of the food place Cracker Barell? They have all kinds of ltions, old timey stuff (including like pick-up sticks, dominoes, and gyros)like Dolly Parton CDs, all nostalgic stuff. And they sell this hand lotion that comes in different scents. This one is called harvest, in case you're interested. Just go to http://www.crackerbarrel.com/
                          Enough with the sales-pitching!!

Also, on the same thread as ATWM, I'm donating my (very long, almost butt-length) hair to a thing called Locks of Love. They turn you hair into wigs for cancer patients.

Artemis: *huggles* Happy birthday!!

Seabiscuit1009: Evil dishwasher. *stabs dishwasher with a spork*
                          heh heh heh..

when I got to the dishwasher/universe thing in W@W, I realized that my dishwasher was broken. I started laughing soo hard, my family was staring at me, like "WHHAAAAAAAT?!" and my brothers as always, were like 'nerd.'
                          Frozen mango...*pulls a homer simpson face* hlaghaghagah...Mmm, mango is my favorite waterice, especially if it's a gelati (have custard on the top and bottom)..*pulls another homer face*

ouch! I tripped while playing freedom with some little kids and I killed my knee and twisted my ankle. I swear, I went through like 4 band-aids within the first hour..ungh..

Well, concluding a very loing post, I LOVE KEITH URBAN!!! (look him up, he rocks!!)

Comment

• Happy birthday to Arty and Hermione (the one in the books) *huggles Arty and gives her some mooncakes*

*can't hold it in any longer* CHAPTERS HAS WAW!!! *is deliriously happy* Or it should anyways. The website doesn't have the Not Available Yet-Preorder...things on it. There's only one way to find out...The only bad thing is that I'll probably have to read the whole thing at Chapters because a) My parents have already bought me HBP, so I probably can't ask for another book- even it it's going to be better and b) My library (where I have a hold on WaW) doesn't seem to realise that Chapters has the book..or they haven't finished preparing it for people to check out...The catalogue still says the books on order...

Well, as soon as my parents are home, it's off to Chapters to devour as much of WaW before 9 as I can. (It helps that I have no homework XD) *is still deliriously happy *
                            -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

• survived carrying massive books today!!

science sucked, we did a project, and our microscope wasn't really working, so it was a complete waste of a class period. I would rather be writing..

Uck, my wrist hurts.. i hope I don't have carpull tunnel (sp?) because I've been typing all night, basically forgetting to keep my wrist up...poo..

*dreams of frozen mango and pumpkin smelling hands*..

going to get some sleep (reading ) ...*wanders off to find flashight to read secretly*

Comment

• Haha! Horseback riding ROCKED! I rode this new horse(well, he's not really new; I'll explain) named Hotshot(yes, like the dolphin in DW ) He was AWESOME! See, he was a boarder at the stable, but then the stable bought him from his owner, and now he's a lesson horse until someone leases him...I wish I could lease him, but it's expensive to do that, and I don't really have time with cross country to do the work associated with leasing a horse...I'll just have to hope no one leases him for awhile so I can keep riding him in lessons .

Mangoes! I don't really like mangoes, actually. Especially not mango bagels. Those things are too sweet for me to eat without gagging, especially for breakfast. Give me a good chocolate chip bagel, or a cinnamon one, or even a plain one! Yum. Now I want a bagel...maybe I'll get some ice cream before my shower. We have apple pie ice cream, which is good...

Blame my random bursts of insanity on my friends. It's their fault I am who I am. They fed me too much Diet Coca-Cola.

I wish I could go to sleep...but I still have at least an hour of homework to do...good night all...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Working...
                                X