No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people just don't get it, y'know? Like my spanish teacher. But that was a simile.

And I've written another poem, this one I'll save 'til later to post. Maybe I won't be an author, I'll be a poet, writing about all the bull in life, what's reality. I love to draw to, and that'll be what's not.

I did vow to myself that I'll be an author, or at least write one book/series. I can't even remember how long ago that was, but I can remember the day.

Mood: thoroughly pissed. Or, as chime would put it, thoroughly ******. How bad of a word is it?
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Thank you for posting Alla (and Gryph and PM, who I didn't see right away)! Finally!

There's a girl I've known for several years now; I'll call her G. She's always been a bully magnet because she hits back and can get pretty crazy. She lives near me, and so to keep her from doing anything stupid, I've been walking her home. She's almost normal when we're not around other people, so I started talking to her. Now, normally I'm NOT a social person, and rarely invite anyone over to my house/go anywhere with my friends, even my close friends. But the other day, G asked me to come roller-skating with her. I was going to "forget" to call her back, because I really didn't want to go, but she called me and it would've been rude to refuse, so I went. She barely spoke to me the whole night, but she seems to think I'm her best friend now. Frankly, I'm not. Yesterday, she was waiting near my locker before the last class even let out. I didn't want to walk home with her, because I wanted to talk to my friends alone, so I just ran away as soon as she turned around. She's called me up the last two mornings asking if I wanted to walk to school with her. The first time I said yes, but today I told her no. Then today, one of my other friends (hereby called T) told me something disturbing. G apparently stole T's lunch yesterday, with the excuse that I told G to get back at T and my other friends for not coming with me to the chorus room, when I do stuff like that for them all the time. This was NOT true. I was upset for about two minutes when the incident in question occurred, it didn't involve T at all, and I would NEVER tell anyone to get back at someone for me. When I confronted G, she denied it, but I'm pretty sure T was telling the truth because there was no other way for her to know about the chorus room thing. G has also gone up to a guy who annoys me from time to time and yelled at him, telling him to leave me alone. I'm upset about this, because although she can be nice, she's also annoying and untrustworthy. I don't want to hurt her feelings (I'm not sure she has any close friends) but I do want her to stop asking to come over, or if she can come over here. What should I do? Please help. (Sorry about the long rant.)
      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Lisa, I think you should let G be clingy for a little while, explain it to your friends if you can, but don't let her get away with messing around with you and your friends

Chat excerpt:
        Gryphon wow, i'm in a really bad mood
        Melissa why?
        Gryphon ...
        Peter Murray *hides from Gryphon*
        Gryphon can't you tell? my posts are dripping with sarcasm
        Melissa Ok.....
        Gryphon and i
        Gryphon 'm sticking needles at lissa
        alla *passes bucket for sarcasm*
        Melissa awwww why?
        Gryphon it's pretty virulent stuff so watch what you do with that bucket...
        Gryphon and my second poem has halted with its four lines
        alla post it
        Lisa Yes! I want to hear it!
        Gryphon
        Gryphon you sound so eager, but it feels a little incomplete

I won't post it, and please no one else, but I got an '!' from PM, and 'ahhhh' from Rad, and an applause and 'I like it!" from lisa. *huggles all*

I'll post my first poem later, not right now. Maybe I will my second too if I add a few more lines.

Yes, I am mad. Maybe I wouldn't care if some people just had _brains_. Maybe I wouldn't care if I didn't.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Alla said:
          I'm thinking of joining the Mediaeval Society.
          ... and ...
          Me: What about tilting? I'd rather do that. There's a place out at Dayboro that does that.
          Hey, how about this? On TV here in Britain tonight, there's a televised tournament! It's basically a documentary about how they used to do them, but it includes a joust involving four volunteers.

Oh, look. If you select some text, and then click Reply, Eve quotes that text - not the whole post, just the selected part. It didn't do that before, did it? Or did I just never notice?
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Oh, look. If you select some text, and then click Reply, Eve quotes that text - not the whole post, just the selected part. It didn't do that before, did it? Or did I just never notice?
            Actually I have a feeling that's quite old? I don't know, I hardly ever quote (because I'm, you know, slack. As evidenced by my presence here tonight) but I have a feeling...

Brief comment on the Kyoto protocol: what annoys me is the way countries/commentators are so obsessed with the economy, with what's going to benefit the country and the people in it the most. This is fair enough in developing countries (and I suppose countries with impossibly massive debt.... but I still think the States should have ratified it) but in New Zealand it's frankly disgusting. I was reading a column (in the Business Section, what do you expect) complaining that New Zealand shouldn't have ratified the Kyoto Protocol because the US didn't sign it, and China did sign it but won't have to reduce emissions because at the time of ratification they were classified as a developing country- from which I gather there's an exemption of sorts for 3rd world/whatever countries.

I find it pretty frustrating because I'm convinced that for some people, what's right really is important. :-/ But increasingly I'm finding that people really care more about money and about getting themselves ahead than anything else... which shouldn't really come as a surprise. *is naive*

ALLA! Europe! You lucky thing!

And *coughs* As for what's been happening to me, I promise I have a REALLY GOOD EXCUSE this time. *looks shifty* No, really. I moved out of home, changed city and island, to Christchurch where I'm now attending Canterbury University and studying Linguistics, Maths and Philosophy (plus a Shakespeare paper, Astrophysics paper, and Intermediate French).

So, um, hooray? Lectures start Monday!! I'm extremely excited and making lots of friends and MAN it's good to have moved out (although I am so, so, so infinitely broke.) Um, so that's why I'm slightly busy and slack at the moment, because I was working full time all summer and packing and making the most of my last few weeks living in Welly (whcih I miss) and then I had to get Internet and stuff so...

....in conclusion, I will be less slasck in future, I promise. But right now I'm going to be because it is five to two in the morning and my Monday lecture is at eight so, you know, I really need to start adjusting my sleeping hours.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• TUI! It's been a long time since I've seen you around here! *huggles* Wow no one has been posting here a whole lot...ToGR has finally slowed down! It's a miracle! Hmm...I don't think I like it...someone post!!AGGGGHHHH

*Ahem* Anyhow, do you have any instant messenger, Tui? or a headset?
              ~Rachel

Comment

• PM: Hey, how about this? On TV here in Britain tonight, there's a televised tournament! It's basically a documentary about how they used to do them, but it includes a joust involving four volunteers.
                But knowing Australian TV, we will either not get it at all, or not get it for like three years. Anyway, its not as fun watching it on TV as it would be to actually learn it.

TUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tackles* Yay, my fellow southernhemispherian! How are you? Cool, are you living in at the Uni, or are you like renting a unit or something? I reckon that would be so much fun, but yeah. Lectures start monday? You're lucky. I can't wait for Uni to start. *hugs* Hope you can make it here more often - and enjoy the fifty odd pages of the TOGR that we have written for you to read

Rad, you do know that you're obsessed with Skype?

Alla

Comment

• Alla said:
                  But knowing Australian TV, we will either not get it at all, or not get it for like three years. Anyway, its not as fun watching it on TV as it would be to actually learn it.
                  *watches it* They're currently learning to do mediaeval dances (part of the tournament back then). Two of them have been to hospital and lost a week or two each off their training while they recover from their training injuries...

...oh, and the lances aren't the balsa ones that break easily, as used in films. They're recreations of the originals, made of solid wood and tipped with a three-pointed steel point -- the aim of the tournament (based on an old rulebook for them) is to break more lances than the other knights...

...each suit of armour costs about £8,000 to custom-make for the wearer...

...it looks like a good thing to watch, not be part of!
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I dunno. Sounds kinda fun to be part of... but yeah.

http://www.kevinandkell.com/2003/kk0516.html hehe that ones funny. And I only have a year and a half's more archives to read - or thereabouts.

PM you're having fun with shortish posts aren't you not trying to get your karma up at all?

Comment

• Gah. My computer was being stubborn and wouldn't let me use the reply button, and it wouldn't close one of the windows I had open, so I had to shut it off and restart it.

AAAAAHHHHH! There's something wrong with me. I went to Waldenbooks today with about $75 in giftcards, and didn't buy anything! I didn't even get a Yu-Gi-Oh book, because someone was sitting in front of them and reading the whole time. Though it might have somethign to do with the lack of selection, there was NOTHING I wanted to read. And I checked every possible place, but there were NO Diane Duane books. I'm not going there next time.

On the plus side, I got a pretty rare Yu-Gi-Oh card called Dark Magician Girl. She's my favorite monster, but I've never even seen one before today.

Hello Birdhead! I don't think I've seen you here, since I'm kind of new. But I've read some of your posts in the TOGR. So hi!
                      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!

Comment

• Hi Rad and Alla and Lisa! *glomptackles* I'm REALLY GOOD. Tired, now, but good. I don't have any instant messaging, Rad, Because I'm only using Uni computers and of course they haven't even got MSN because you're not supposed to use them for recreation. Hmph. (I am, just so you know, paying for the internet costs. Which is why I think it's a little unreasonable but...)

I'm living in a hostel, which is like a dorm but I think in the US most people go into dorms? But here you can choose, and there are only a few hundred people at hostels- 500 in mine, and then there are three other smaller hostels. It's a blast, 'cause it's a good way to meet people <STRIKE>to drink with</STRIKE> to study with. Or hang out with. Or, you know, whatever...

Hey yeah, Alla, what are you doing this year? Where and what are you studying? Are you leaving home??

And it's nice to meet you, Lisa. Congrats on your success with poetry....
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Wow! My day keeps getting better!

The above was extreme sarcasm.

I can't get on my Yahoo account because of my own stupidity. I made the password really really really long, and I can't get it right now. I also can't get a new password by entering account info because I don't remember that either. I've spent the last, oh, 30 min or so trying different forms of what I thought it was.

I'm an idiot. I knew this would happen.

Comment

• *is sobbing* THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IS WONDERFUL! *sniffle* I loved every minute of it. I didn't cry till the very end, but seeing the rose... *cries* It was my friend's third time seeing it, (and her cousin's fourth time) but she still cried. Only one person in our little group didn't cry. I LOVED IT!!! *sigh*
                            <3
                            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Of course PotO is wonderful! *points pointedly at her avatar* What do you think inspired that! I've seen it twice already, but I'm going to go and see it at the Uni cinema when its on - yes the uni that I'm going to has its own cinema!!!

Tui, I'm heading to UQ. Doesn't require leaving home, but it requires an hour long bus trip until I get my licence - and a car. I'm going to study for a Bachelor of Science - majoring in either Geology or Chemistry - or both Depends on what I decide interests me by third year. But year, I have to go now - I'm going to lunch.

Alla

UPDATE: I was channel surfing and I came across this... All I can say is WOW! I'm seriously speechless as to how good it is. I've watched one of them before on TV, but ... WOW!!! Why do I have the sudden (sorta) urge to learn bagpipes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa:
                                On the plus side, I got a pretty rare Yu-Gi-Oh card called Dark Magician Girl. She's my favorite monster, but I've never even seen one before today.
                                O.o... *seethes* WANT! I also need Harpy Lady, Harpy Lady Sisters, Elegant Egotist, and Harpie's Pet dragon for my deck.

Gee, who can guess what it's based on, hmm? XD Yeah. Harpies.
                                "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                                "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

Working...
                                X