No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artemis, so cool! My younger brother and I each have a Harpie deck. Do you know that there are more harpies out? They're called Harpie Lady 1, Harpie Lady 2, and Harpie Lady 3. They're commons from the Rise of Destiny set. They're also effect monsters.
    HL1s (Harpie Lady 1) effect is "This card's name is treated as 'Harpie Lady'. As long as this card remains on the field, increase the ATK of all WIND monsters by 300 points."
    HL2 negates the effect of any Flip Effect monsters that it destroys in battle.
    HL3 paralyzes any monster that attacks it for 2 turns.
    They're all treated as Harpie Lady though, so you can only have 3 total, not 3 of each. There's also a card called Harpie's Hunting Ground, and another called Harpie Girl.
    I have Harpy Ladies 1-3, Harpy Lady Sisters, amd Elegant Egotist. not Harpie's Pet Dragon, though. Do you know what set they're in? Oh, Dark Magician Girl comes as a limited edition card in a special box of 3 Rise of Destiny packs ($10 for the box around here), but you only have a 1 out of 4 chance of getting her, because there are 3 other limited edition cards. I kinda got ripped off, because I paid $10 for her and 4 other cards total, but I didn't want to take a chance.
    Yes, I'm a total Yu-Gi-Oh! freak.

Grrrrrrrrr. Breakdown here. I have so many reports/projects, and my Yahoo thing STILL won't let me in. I've sent an e-mail to the Yahoo problem people (through my friend's e-mail address), but it probably won't go through for a couple of days. Meanwhile, "For my protection, my Yahoo! account has been temporarily disabled." Grrrrrrr.
    Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
    "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
    "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Hello everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been around in awhile, it's just that I'm sooooo busy right now.

(Everyone else: Oh no, she's going to start talking about the show again...*fingers in ears*)

No, I won't, I promise! Even though it is what I eat, sleep, sing, listen to, talk about, wear, and breathe right now. (I'm listening to it as I type this!) So, now I must go catch up on posts...*groan*
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Ella, what show? I've never heard of a show...oh well.

Has anyone else noticed that about 13 people have registered in the past day or so? I just wanted to point that out, because in recent days I haven't seen anyone new.

I know this is a short post. I just don't have much to say right now. Everything's been said.
        Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
        "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!

Comment

• hehe Speaking of TGCs - I got a whole folder of base jungle and (some) fossil pokemon cards for only five dollars at the market. I gave some of them to my brother as he needed some to complete the set and yeah... Other than that I now have about half of the jungle holos and some promos, and some base ones left. Now my brother just needs Nidoking to complete the set (or base set anyway). Its kinda tempting to start collecting them again myself, as they're <STRIKE>really</STRIKE> semi easy to get cheaply and in good condition. I might just do that just for something to do. .

I went into Uni today for O-week. It was kinda boring today, as there was nothing much on - and I had no one to talk to for most of the time. Tomorrow, I'm meeting one of my friends there and we're going to wander around together. I made friends with a really nice guy called Nathan though, who is probably going to be taking some of the same subjects as I am, so that'll give me someone to talk to and sit next to in lectures and that. But yah... Tui, how was your first day? My lectures don't start until next week, but I can't wait.

I had another look at the pair of boots that I want to buy, and now I just need to convince mum - she said that she would contribute a bit, but even if she doesn't, I think I'll get them. They look really similar to riding boots, and don't look weird with my 3/4 jeans either.

So yeah... I'm trying to think of something else to write about, but I can't really. Oh, well...

Alla

Comment

• Quote for Alla-
            ----------------------------------------------
            I had another look at the pair of boots that I want to buy, and now I just need to convince mum - she said that she would contribute a bit, but even if she doesn't, I think I'll get them. They look really similar to riding boots, and don't look weird with my 3/4 jeans either.

By saying 3/4 jeans? Do you mean kapris? Hehe... I've never heard them be called that. Thats the great thing about talking to people from a different country!!! THATS SO COOL 3/4 JEANS! mwahahahahha I'm inspiered! Is that spelled right?
            Argh! Its ANOTHER SNOW STORM! Sorry to all of you who want snow and live too far south to have it. BUT YOU CAN HAVE IT! This is just one to many snow storms... There have been SO many, and SO much snoooow! Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Member of the DDFQOTW foundation.
            Commited Fratchabruta...
            So called Fratchabella...
            Forever and Always
            Nella

Comment

• Lisa, I'm in 10th grade. In 7th or 8th grade though we did do Punnet Squares which is one reason I like them now cos I already learned them and stuff. We had some basic stuff on genetics back then, and so I just relearned some of that and a little more for the last chapter. The chapter we're doing now (which I have yet to read... *ahem* procrastinating.... hah) is going much more indepth and into more complicated genetics stuff.

McDonald's... ew. Jack-in-The-Box and Taco Bell=yummyful

yeah, why does it NOT surprise me that Bush wouldn't sign that? *sighs* I'm actually more afraid of the stupid decisions he'll make and what he'll do to ruin our country even more with all the power he has (WHY people elected him is still beyond me) than I am of terrorists. Actually, I consider Bush a terrorist... I mean what's the difference really? He's killed tens of thousands of people too.

I've never comprehended why pissed is a bad word either... *shrugs*

Lisa - I had a friend somewhat like G too, but in the end, I got more annoyed with her than anything and didn't particularly like her. She did some of the same things like stretching the truth (or completely lying) that would be turning everyone against each other. It sounds though like she's so happy to finally have found a friend that she's trying to do everything she can to keep you, or totally have you for herself (which, yes, is going about it the wrong way). My suggestion would be to tell her that you want to be friends (or, if you don't want to... hmm.. not actually sure what you should say in that case), but if she wants to be friends with you, she can't treat you and your friends the way she has been. Also maybe say that while you appreciate that she's trying to stick up for you in some cases, it's better if she lets you handle talking to your friends and others and deal with your own problems because otherwise they can get even more complicated.

I dunno, something along the lines of that maybe. Ultimately though, you know her the best, so I'm not sure how she would take that, but there could be a way of gently suggesting that she needs to be considerate of how she's treating you and your friends.

MEDIEVAL DANCE!! *spazzes* haha, that brings back great memories. When my team was on our cross country retreat, me and two of my friends were together, and one of them was standing a certain way,and we made it into a dance and ended up calling it the medieval dance because it just so happened that in the campsite next to us, there were medieval people. (really though, and it was incredibly amusing!!) we saw people running around in tights and someone dressed in a jester hat and like some king person and all sorts of random stuff. 'twas very amusing. I'm sure that our medieval dance probably resembles actual medieval dancing in no way, shape, or form, but still, it was fun.

I want snow... we've been having tons of rain here the past 2 weeks or so, but I love rain. *huggles rain* I've been swimming in the rain a lot for practice. Today we have a dryland workout though and it was raining all last night so I have the feeling that this may turn out to be a rather muddy practice...

heh, saw Donnie Darko and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind recently. good movies, yayness!! and the Aviator I saw yesterday which was really good too.
              ------------------------------
              Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
              -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• News in the world of Jen:

I failed my Geometry test.
                I passed my spanish test, barely.
                I got called a dumb-ass bitch.

WHEEE.
                "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Originally posted by leah:

By saying 3/4 jeans? Do you mean kapris? Hehe... I've never heard them be called that. Thats the great thing about talking to people from a different country!!! THATS SO COOL 3/4 JEANS! mwahahahahha I'm inspiered! Is that spelled right?
                  Kapris? I have never heard them called that. They've always been 3/4 jeans to me. They're 3/4 pants, made out of denim therefore 3/4 jeans. Is 'kapris' used for only denim ones, or all 3/4 pants?

Argh! Its ANOTHER SNOW STORM! Sorry to all of you who want snow and live too far south to have it. BUT YOU CAN HAVE IT! This is just one to many snow storms... There have been SO many, and SO much snoooow! Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
                  No. I'm wAAAAy too far south. You can, though send it here if you want. We need the rain.

Abby:
                  I've never comprehended why pissed is a bad word either... *shrugs*
                  Here it isn't really. It just means drunk . i.e. "Yah drongo. You got pissed last night, dincha?"

Awww, Art... *hughughughughughughughughughughug*

Anyway. I must go. I have to get ready for Uni.

Alla

Comment

• Alla said:
                    (about snow, quoting Leah)
                    Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

No. I'm wAAAAy too far south. You can, though send it here if you want. We need the rain.
                    Don't confuse people! You aren't too far south to have snow, you're too far north to have it!

If you were further south, like in Tasmania, you could have snow, couldn't you?

We had snow today. And hail. And then more snow, which actually settled for a while - I suppose the hail had cooled the ground enough for the snow not to melt immediately. There's some still out there, too.

Tomorrow I've got a checkup at the local hospital - I hope the pavements aren't too icy on the way there, or I'll be worse when I arrive than when I leave the house!
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I procrastinate too much. I have two major projects due tomorrow, and I've barely started either of them. I wish I could just quit school. My teachers assigned a total of 5 projects at once. Gr.

Ow. I burned my arm getting something out of the oven, and it's throbbing as I type. Oh well. Off to project world.

Comment

• oooh, we've just gotten loads of thunder and lightning!! fun!! *grins* wonder what my swim coach will say to this... probably will still try and make us do some form of workout.

aww, my doggie is scared, she doesn't like thunder,or other loud noises like fireworks.
                        ------------------------------
                        Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                        -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• If you were further south, like in Tasmania, you could have snow, couldn't you?
                          Well, speaking as someone further south... all the way further south... there's not snow in winter till Christchurch, pretty much.

And actually, in relation to the US, she is too far south for snow. I mean, really the amount of snow you get is related to your proximity to the equator, right? Along with stuff like elevation. Countries like Canada and the northern states have cold weather because of their distance from the equator, and in the Nthn hemisphere you say that a southern country is likely to be warmer because southern countries are closer to the equator. Australia is far south of the northern states and Canada, and is close to the equator, meaning it has no snow.

Of course, in the Southern hemisphere it's the other way around, and from our perspective Alla is twwo far North to get snow. But since she's addressing a vast majority of Nthn Hemispherians, of course she's going to say south.

I'm hoping for snow this winter. It'll be the first time I ever see snow in a city, if it does...
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Bah. I prefer to confuse people who think it's always colder as you go north .

We always used to get snow in winter when we lived in Vienna. Mmmm, tobogganing. My little sister has our old toboggan, but I don't think she's seen enough snow to use it since moving to Dover. (And Dover is some way north of Vienna. Also a long way north of, say Ottawa in Canada . And the whole US (barring Alaska). And Australia, and New Zealand, and...)
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa:
                              Artemis, so cool! My younger brother and I each have a Harpie deck. Do you know that there are more harpies out?
                              Yeah, I know. I've got Harpie Lady 1, 2, and 3, I've got 5 Harpie Girls, and I've got Harpie's Hunting Ground. But I need the others to make my deck effective. Unfortunatly, Harpie's Pet Dragon was a promo card with one of the games, so it's fairly hard to come by.
                              "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                              "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Artemis, I didn't know Harpie's Pet Dragon came with a game! Do you know which one? *plans to buy a new YGO game, just for one card* If you do, please tell me! If not, then I could look it up.

Gah. I'm so lazy. 10:15 pm and I haven't gotten any work done on the newspaper. Oh well. I know what I'm going to write, anyway. Bedtime!

Comment

Working...
                                X