No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard of Switchfoot, but I haven't really listened to them. My friend has their cd. I went shopping today and got lots of warm clothes. Hardly any of my longsleeve shirts fit... I don't get it. I didn't really grow. Oh well. I love being warm. I have too much homework that I don't understand how to do. It's the start of a new quarter on Monday. A new start...blah blah blah. 8th grade is really easy so far. I was thinking that Literature was going to be really hard, like it was in 6th and 7th grade. Instead, I don't really have to think about it, though the last test wasn't really easy. I was sick the day before so I missed the review. Hopefully I didn't do too bad on it.
    <3
    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• New favorite song:
      Getting Away With Murder

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

It's by Papa Roach. I kept on listening to Yahoo! Launch all of yesterday where they have music videos. Didn't bother watching the videos; they were just weird, and the Breaking the Habit one was anime. I like other songs by Papa Roach too, so now I have something to get for Christmas. I never know what to ask for. Not that I get exactly what I ask for. Surprises are nice.

Okay, then, Z. Show me what you were doing last chapter.

OMG, I love the cutout-thingy on Painter Classic. Here's a picture that I just did. I'll link to it instead of posting it.

Phoenix
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Papa Roach's cool. Lyrics suck, though, but the music sticks.
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Okay... I just realized it has been like 8 days since I posted... where has time gone? okay.

What to be for halloween? Uhh... how about a nothing? I can be me? Yeah... just me. I love halloween, but I have run out of ideas for costumes that take less than 5 minutes of preparation. I have this really horrible colorful shirt that I end up wearing... I look like a Halloween colored quilt, but hey... is has lots of orange, black, and green on it.

Alla, happy birthday there!

Gryph... so glad that you are enjoying the music... Way cool, aren't they? Papa Roach is fantastic... especially those two songs... but from what I understand.. those are the more mellow ones. Switchfoot is really good... I have them up on my site now too. Just got all of Sum 41... so good they are.

Well, finally made it.... sorry didn't have much to say today... am very tired. You all have a great one!
          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
          I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Originally posted by Chani:
            Okay... I just realized it has been like 8 days since I posted... where has time gone?
            It's not where time goes, it's where it comes from in the first place that's the real mystery.

After attending a friend's 21st bithday party on Saturday, I have decided that I will have two 21st birthday parties - one here at uni, and one at home. I can justify this on the grounds 1) my 21st birthday is just after the end of summer term and academic year; 2) I would end up effectivly excluding one group of friends if I only had one and 3) a lot of my uni friends will be leaving after this year, so will be a good farewell party to boot.
            The fact that will result it two parties and doubel the fun is by the way and nothing to do with it whatsoever. (For those of you who don't know, I'm from the UK, where you can buy alchohol at 18... so 21st birthday isn't quite the same as in the USA. My 18th birthday [the equviliant] was epnt in the USA, and so was dry)

Change of subject.

I've been looking at my Amazon wish-list recently... it has quite a mix of items:
            * Conrad's Fate by Dianna Wynne Jones (to be published 7th March 2005 - to remind me to buy it when it comes out
            * Friends Complete Series 1 To 10 on DVD (out 12th October) at a bargain £170 - well, Christmas is coming up, and what you don't ask for, you don't get...
            * Various sound effects CDs (for the theatre company I do tech stuff for)
            * A First Course in String Theory by Barton Zwiebach - because.

What do other people have on their Amazon (or Christmas!) wish-list?
            "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• A Lego Advent calendar... a little Lego Millennium Falcon, a Knight Bus... is there a theme developing here?

On a different theme, a boxed set of DVDs of the Marx Brothers films A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races, A Night in Casablanca, The Big Store, At The Circus and Go West. I expect I'll get myself that one.

And, since I got Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers 4-DVD sets the last two Christmasses, I might as well suggest Return of the King this year . Then I can try and work out how long it'll take to sit down and just watch them all straight through .
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I've been writing my Christmas list on a notecard. Can't find it... it's burried under my homework.

*digs*

Well, I have a few books that I jotted down by recommendations that I know nothing about.
                Then there's the camera. Optio S40. Looks so cool! Oh, and all the rest is music. Papa Roach, Maroon 5, Sum 41, Green Day, Three Days Grace...

Wilf:
                A First Course in String Theory by Barton Zwiebach - because.

*snort*

PM:
                And, since I got Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers 4-DVD sets the last two Christmasses, I might as well suggest Return of the King this year . Then I can try and work out how long it'll take to sit down and just watch them all straight through.
                Help him, someone.

hehehehehe.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hey PM, did you want a _lego_ knight bus or a real one? ...

Check out your local cinema's webpage too. Some of them (like mine) are doing LOTR extended editon marathons (all three in one sitting) on or about the 25th of november. i think i saw this metnioned on lotr.net, but i'm not quite sure.

wishful thinking probs, but i have three things on my chrissie list:
                  *The last four garfield beanies
                  *some TY tag protectors
                  and...

Comment

• Hey PM, did you want a _lego_ knight bus or a real one? ...

Check out your local cinema's webpage too. Some of them (like mine) are doing LOTR extended editon marathons (all three in one sitting) on or about the 25th of november. i think i saw this metnioned on lotr.net, but i'm not quite sure.

wishful thinking probs, but i have three things on my chrissie list:
                    *The last four garfield beanies
                    *some TY tag protectors
                    and...
                    *an iPod - *crosses her fingers* hopefully

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:

PM:
                      And, since I got Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers 4-DVD sets the last two Christmasses, I might as well suggest Return of the King this year . Then I can try and work out how long it'll take to sit down and just watch them all straight through.
                      Help him, someone.

hehehehehe.
                      You must have a lot of time on your hands...

I'll help him! Let's all have a party at Pops' house...destroy his lego's...and dvd's...muahahahaha!!!!
                      *smashes legos with toblerone*
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• *backs away slowly*

MUSIC! I went to Borders yesterday and bought Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard and Start Something by Lostprophets. Lostprophets are AWESOME!!! Especially Last Train Home and Wake Up (Make A Move)!!! That was with my birthday money ($40 from friends...I spent the rest of it on The Purple Emperor, the sequel to Faerie Wars.) My parents got me $50 Barnes & Noble money, which will be books books books.

Wake up, wake up, wake up, yeah I'm so tired of waiting...
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alla:
                          Hey PM, did you want a _lego_ knight bus or a real one? ...
                          I don't have anywhere to park a real one . But they did build a spare for the PoA film, you know...
                          Well, I've already got the first two DVD boxed sets, so I might as well get the third.

You said all that twice!

Originally posted by Zgirl who is turning violent:
                          I'll help him! Let's all have a party at Pops' house...destroy his lego's...and dvd's...muahahahaha!!!!
                          *smashes legos with toblerone*
                          Hey, leave them alone! *eats Toblerone*
                          Right, I'll retaliate by... by... updating this webpage with a new photo!

Comment

• Zgirl who is turning violent huh? The Gryffindor lego thingy cracks me up! I'm thinking "he needs a day job." lol. *dies laughing*
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• What I want for Christmas...hmm...
                              Books! And...books! And more books! And a few cd's probably. I think that's pretty much it...

Science Fair. It's not fair. I don't like science fair. It's boring. And you have to do research. With all the homework we get, how are we supposed to have time? *grumble* I'll get over it. I forgot my password for the school computers. I had to have it reset. If I forget again, it costs 15$. *grumbles more* I was sure I knew the password! I'll get over that too.

Nothing else to say. Oh, one of my really good friends is GONE this week! She left to go to Texas! *cries* It's so sad! I can't have any nonsensical conversations 'till she gets back!
                              <3
                              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Z: Gryffindor Lego thingy? Some of them were Slytherins and Hufflepuffs! And they're the same figures that were on the Harry Potter page - I didn't have to make them again.

You may think I need a day job, but employers don't share your view . I have applied for lots of jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X