No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tui's thinking is correct and I'm trying to confuse people.

Anyway. O-week again today. I got another one of my text books and a lab coat . I also put those boots I want on Laybuy (I dunno if that is the right spelling, but its right if you think of each part of the word separately), and I found a miniskirt sorta thing for only $10 that I'm comfortable wearing. So yeah.

Tui, how's Uni?

Wow, all this Yu-gi-oh talk. Its pretty much died out here - people still play it more than they do pokemon, as it <STRIKE>isn't</STRIKE> doesn't seem to be as repetitive as the Pokemon TCG.

*watches Dr. Who* I think Tom Baker is having fun in this one. He's being more abnoxious than usual towards the 'baddies' (some chinese people for those of you who can pick the episode)

Anyway. I have to go and send some emails.

Back from emailing:

Oh, something I forgot to add before. I finally found a copy of The Phantom Menace Soundtrack! And it was only $17! It was second hand at the CD shop on campus.

I really have to go now. I'm going to see one of my friends off at the airport. She's travelling to China to spend four months teaching English. I think she's both nervous and excited about it at the same time.

Alla

Comment

• Alla, what the heck is O-week? You keep mentioning it and I don't get it...

Hehe Lisa, you should have seen me on Sunday. I wrote like 6 paragraphs of a research paper at like 11:30. I had written the first 2 paragraphs a little earlier, at 7, then I went to work and talked to Sharky and Lissa for like 2 hours or something, then I went back to my room to work on the paper, but I had to work on ANOTHER paper first and when I finished that I wrote th 6 paragraphs. *whew* The annoying thing is that in the class that evening when it was due the teacher decided to make it due NEXT week instead. GAH!!! *faints* At least it is mostly done.

And as for PM, *takes the bar off of Alaska*
      ~Rachel

Comment

• O-week is Orientation week. All the Unis here do it. Its sorta a whole series of activities and lectures and that about Uni life - mainly oriented towards the first year students (like me). Some of the larger places - like where I'm going - have a concert or something like at the end of the week.

Jodie (one of my friends) left for China last night... I think - I hope - she'll have fun with it, but its for four months. Mel and Laura (another two of my friends) have decided to hold auditions for someone to replace her in that time . Stuff just isn't going to be the same without her ...

Anyway, I'm going to go back to sleep now...

Alla

Comment

• Originally posted by alla:
          I also put those boots I want on Laybuy (I dunno if that is the right spelling, but its right if you think of each part of the word separately), and I found a miniskirt sorta thing for only $10 that I'm comfortable wearing. So yeah.
          "Lay-by", I think.

*watches Dr. Who* I think Tom Baker is having fun in this one. He's being more abnoxious than usual towards the 'baddies' (some chinese people for those of you who can pick the episode)
          Talons of Weng-Chiang, with Deep Roy playing the monster . Right? Set in Victorian London. Probably has Leela as the companion (I don't have a perfect memory).
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Well, more news from Jen. I got three detentions, I have to be here early on thursday for three weeks in a row... *winces* My left wrist got like... busted... it hurts like hell. Anywho... I don't know, I might be grounded for a few days... I got into a fight, some girl was nosing into my Yu-Gi-Oh duel... she's... well, I think I'm gonna keep my mouth shut on what I think she is. It really doesn't matter, anyway.

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know how to get me an audio RSS feed or XML feed? I kind of need it, I've got some audio files I need to host and broadcast.

E-mail me if you find something. Or IM me, but I may not be on for a few days.
            "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
            "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• Most of this was meant to be posted yesterday, but my internet messed up. I was talking to pm too when it did, so that's why I left so suddenly. I thought chime was dropping my lines... XD

Art, tell me what you know, and I'll explain absolutely everything so that you get it. And yes, I can explain math in English. *huggles* I care.

Pokemon TCG sounds so much more complex than when I played it. Which was wow, over five years!?? I don't know how many years before that, even.

I went book shopping to Borders. They had one of those "buy three, get the fourth free." I wanted Franz Ferdinand (by Franz Ferdinand, whadaya know), Chuck by Sum 41, and Infest by Papa Roach. I thought about getting a Slipknot CD too, but they didn't have Infest... So Ijust got FF and Chuck. Also got uhh wazzit called... Wind on Fire? No, that's the trilogy. I think it's *goes to look* The Wind Singer by... ah, I won't go look again. Also got three whtie chocolates -- the Lindt kind. Mmmm. I hoard these because chocolate is good when I'm depressed. Eat one when I buy it, stash the rest. I think the second semester isn't being so stressful on me; I got a ton for Christmas and haven't had any because I was down.

This music rocks.

My dad got two computer graphic programs and installed Photoshop CS on this computer. He had it on his laptop, but that's his laptop. I can't use it until he does something about something. Meh. XD The other two came with some CG magazine.

Is thinking about going into CG. Fickle Gryphon.

Shoes, I dunno. I think I might need a new pair of tenis shoes; the pair that I normally wear are slip ons, and I can't run in them. I've tried. Pants and shirts I care about. I like relatively tight pants, 'cept past the knee, + hip huggers. I also like the ones that are so long they nearly touch the ground with shoes. Shirts... not at all revealing. In fact, I think last time I went shopping, all of my shirts were from the boys section. Really loose, really long. Feels comfortable, but not soft or stretchy.

Taco Bell. Yo qiero taco bell.

I've never heard of the term '3/4' pants ever. Kapris are pants that don't go the length of your leg, but they're not shorts. They're not just demin; they're anything that length.

Asked about D&D club and fencing. I wasn't planning on joining D&D, but I was curious anyway. Also found out that one of the people I ate lunch with was a black belt. Wow, a lot of people take karate at my school.

PM:
              We always used to get snow in winter when we lived in Vienna.
              Cassie is purring in my ear and is standing between me and the keyboard... Sweet cat. Okay, so, what was I about to say? I know where Vienna is! Learned today actually, and it's in umm... Austria! Vieeennnaaa... Oooh. XD BTW, I have a character named Reykjavik.

This happened a few weeks ago, but ah well. Giving out initals again.
              A (to B): What kind of Asian person are you?
              B: What kind of white person are you?
              A: No, no, what kind of Asian person are you? Chinese? Japanese...? Where are you from?
              B: America? Where are you from?
              A: Tennesse. No, I mean, where are your ancestors from?
              B: Uhh... where are your ancestors from?
              A: America.

It went on a lot longer, but still people joke about it and just randomly say, "What kind of Asian/ white person are you?" People were laughing so hard...
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• "What's your problem?" Asked a senior from one of the Senior tables. The seniors were like lions--they traveled in packs and didn't use very long sentences.

"Nothing, dude. I was just trying to get my lunch..." The seniors had taken over the tables which would afford them easy access to the lunch lines--plus, they frequently stole food and didn't feel like going far to do it. The table was right next to the lunch line, filled as usuall with starving students involved in a Darwinian struggle to get to the front of the line and claim the coveted "chicken fritters."

One such battle was taking place just as the beefed up senior was staring down his stubby nose at the junior who, the senior supposed, thought that he was a year older and that he had rights. A junior had just exercised his authority over a rather pathetically small freshman and slid him out of the line. The freshman slid so far he bumped into another junior. One who was talking with a stubby-nosed senior. That junior dropped his drink. Unfortunately for him, his drink landed on the senior. The senior who punched him about five secon--wait a minute. What am I typing this here for? Why did this even come to my head. This never happened to me, or to anyone I know (at least lately), for that matter. But since I'm writing already...

Diego had finally fulfilled his goals. He had signed a deal with the one they call the Dark Lord. Kalidan himself. The man was evil. Diego had to say that he truly admired that in a demonic warlord. Evil and powerful. And now, some of that power belonged to him. Enough to stand the world on its head. Enough to get rid of that stupid fool of a girl in a man's job, Lady President Bush of the United States. The only country which wouldn't submit to his rule.

But not for long.

For you see, Diego cut a deal with Kalidan. Diego would provide him with modern technology, if Kalidan would give Diego enough power to take over America. It was a perfect deal. Kalidan had no intention of ruling modern Earth, and Diego sure as heck didn't want to control the land of The Conqueror's Age. Coming out of the deal, Diego had a new, magically engineered bio-weapon, which had but to be released and activated to kill everyone in America...

-----------------------------------------------------

Gryphon and Sharky had seen everything through the eyes of the scryers. After making friends with Eowen and Dwin, they had decided to spend a bit in this amazing alternate universe and see what could be found. What they found was bleak. The scrying intelligence which The Army of Salcur had gathered showed a man in unusual dress withing the borders of the enemy. With one glance, the two Americans knew who it was: the President of the World Minus America himself, Diego Constantine.

Things had moved quickly then. Sharky and Gryphon had reopened the portal immediately to make a report directly to the President, Mrs. Bush. She, disbelieving (who wouldn't be) flew out to the compound to experience the portal herself, and to question Dwin and Eowen. It was true. The unstated battle for supremacy between the new world power and the once great America was about to become above ground.

--Oh, by the way, if you have no clue what that was about, then you're new.
                ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• Gryphon said:
                  Most of this was meant to be posted yesterday, but my internet messed up. I was talking to pm too when it did, so that's why I left so suddenly. I thought chime was dropping my lines... XD
                  Oh, that's why. I thought it must have been some problem, since you didn't say your usual g2g. It's been ignoring me, and now it won't reopen the window.

Chocolates... mmmm... got a blood test tomorrow, so I can't eat anything until after that's done . (You'll note I skipped over the CD stuff by groups who weren't around when I was listening to music.)

CG? You mean, like the POV-Ray Spot I did?

I just tend to assume everyone knows where Vienna is, which is probably a bad habit. I lived there for about five years while my father worked at the British Embassy in Vienna. (There was a school that taught in English.) Left there when I was 12.

Comment

• Uni's good... busy, though. It was okay when it was just lectures, but tutes and labs are popping up all over the show and waah, I have no time!! (so much to do... gotta get into Antonio Strings to buy a viola, gotta practice, gotta study, gotta check forum and email and LJ and...) Anyway, Maths is good- which is great because I basically had to beg them to let me in, I didn't have the requirements they wanted because I, um, failed two Calculus papers this year and I was one credit below the necessary. But I basically begged and begged and begged and it's fine so far- which I was sort of expecting... I mean, I thought I passed the papers anyway, but apart from that I still think I can do the work, I just failed the papers.

What else... no, my life isn't that interesting. Yeah, we have O-week too, it's usually a lot of fun and the whole world and her boyfriend go out drinking and basically play the student for a week solid.

Of course, I'm not eighteen, so that was less of an option for me.

BNut it was still fun, so hooray.
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Totally random comment: HOJYO Takashi's done it again. This time it's an
                      Aquarius model.
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Alla: O-week, gotcha. I had that at my "uni" too. Actually I am considering changing colleges...this one doesn't have the programs I like, but this one in Texas does. the thing is, I'll be going to the one in Texas sooner or later, I just need to decide if I want to go through with the stpid business degree first...I really don't want to, but...gah

*Huggles Art*

Hey Gryph, have you tried the customized launchcast station? IT IS AWESOME...except for the fact that you only get 800 songs a month and I was skipping around trying to rate artists, even though half the time the rating button wasn't working...
                        Oh and was that a conversation between you and someone else?

*Huggles Sharky and PM, then tackles Tui*
                        ~Rachel

Comment

• Sharky rocks. Sharky ROCKS and is so UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME. Who cares that peice of story came after the last entry? It's Story, and it's by Sharky who so totally rocks.

See, pm needs to be introduced to modern rock. Greenday is what, over a decade old? Doesn't know who they are. Nor does he know who Keane is, a British group. *huggles*

CG = Computer Graphics

What language is spoken in Austria? Brown belt from there has a really strong accent.

You only get 800 songs a month? I never knew that... but I have been rating mine. I had about 10 pages of songs that I had rated 4/4, and with a bit of nagging from my brother who thought that was insane, I've been toning a few of them down. Or at least last time I listened to Launch. I don't too much. Watching the music videos messes up my head because whenever I hear the song, I think of the messed-up video. Gah... Papa Roach looks great with black hair, not with tatoos.

Loves Photoshop. Obsessively. LAYERS!!!! *add new add new add new...*
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Bah, humbug. None of the new music as good as it used to be, you know.

I know who Dave Greenslade is - amongst other things, he made the Music from the Discworld

Comment

• Grrrr. I'm mad. The stupid people at Kids WB changed the afternoon line-up, and they cut Yu-Gi-Oh down to half an hour (from 1 hour) and replaced the other episode with Mucha Lucha. MUCHA LUCHA? Stupidest show in the world. Grrr.

I very much don't like my english teacher. She gave me a C on a project. A 79 out of 100. A 55 out of 70. And it wasn't just me. Almost the entire class got horrible grades, because she never went over it with us.

*looks at her recent posts* I sure have been angry a lot lately. I'll be happier for a while, I guess.
                              Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                              "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                              "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Gryphon cheerfully said:
                                Sharky rocks. Sharky ROCKS and is so UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME. Who cares that peice of story came after the last entry? It's Story, and it's by Sharky who so totally rocks.
                                Anything to see you smile. And yes, I do rock. I have been known to roll occasionally, also. And I didn't pick up right after, I just did an overall recap. But what recall could be complete without the adventures of our very own (agent) Nita, and her beloved husband, Sir Wilfshire of England, and their meeting with one of the most powerful men in England, Lord Peter Murray.

"You there you have it, Wilfshire. Diego's finally done it. We need to formulate a course of action. Great Britian can't declare an open war or break away--Diego's mad enough at those upstart Americans--no offence, Lady Nita--and if he thinks that one of his European nations is getting ideas, he'll just blow us off the face of the earth, rather than lose us."

"Well, that is a problem..." Wilf said. It had been two days since he and Nita had arrived at Lord Murray's underground compound under his house. They had been there when the message had been called in by two characters named Sharky and Gryphon that Diego was spotted in the alternate universe of VGDawn.

Which had Nita thinking. "Wilf, don't take this the wrong way, but you're just an agent. How did you get this high up in classification?"

Wilf gave her a peck on the cheek. "I'll tell you just as soon as you tell me while your computer had all of those Level 2 classified documents on it. It was the Devil to hack into."

Nita opened her mouth. And shut it. And tried to speak again. But failed. After a good ten seconds of this, Nita finally made out "You were on my computer?!" in a reasonably hurt tone. She wouldn't complain too much--after all, she had emailed her supervisor the contents of Wilf's computer a few years ago...

"Well, I'm sure you'll sort it out..." said PM, trying to derail any conflict. "What you need to do now is get in touch with your contries and try to nail down a course of action. You can use the Com room. Henry will show you there..." Henry emerged, a butler looking figure. Butler looking, except for the gun strapped to his side.

Well, thought Nita, at least this way I'll have something to ease my bordom...
                                ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                                +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Working...
                                X