No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.sat1.at/shop/partner/fanshop/28268/ - hmmm... I would order that, except I'm trying to save up enough money to go overseas come next January or so.

I am really bored at the moment. So bored that I am reading my university text books. Hehe. I've just discovered something. I'll've finished my uni course six months before Rad finishes hers . Hehehehe!!!

Anyway I am going to return to reading my text books

Alla

Comment

• Alla what movie was that? it was not in english! and it looks really familar?!?!?!
      Fox
      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Alla what movie was that? it was not in english! and it looks really familar?!?!?!
        I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but it was the film DD worked on.

BUSSES ARE CANCELLED! NO SCHOOL! YAY!

A day of fun is coming.
        "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

• Today is valentine's day.

The day all couples love.

The day all singles hate.

It sucks being lonely on Valentine's day.

But at least I don't have to go to school and watch people make out. *shudder*

yay for freezing-rain-days!

Comment

• Eep! Too much ToGR to catch up with. I've only been able to skim read it so far...
            Sunstar - I'm throwing LOTR at people not to them. Besides... I'm running out of copies... so many people call me <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Kat</span>! I must get round to emailing Lee or I might just keep the name anyway. I haven't decied yet.

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Fox asked:
                Alla what movie was that? it was not in english! and it looks really familar?!?!?!
                Here's a webpage for the English version. It was supposed to be due out on the 28th of March, but now it says 2nd of May.
                Oddly enough, a DVD of Fritz Lang films based on the Nibelungs also keeps getting moved back - it started out with a date early in 2004, and now it's due out this Hallowe'en. Is there a curse on Nibelung films, or what?
                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• My english teacher was uncharacteristically kind today. She gave us candy, and she let us skip the 2nd draft for our huge project.

Of course, she made up for being nice by giving us another major project on top of the current one. Here's a list of all the projects I have to do:
                  1. A science project about a scientist who made a contribution to our knowledge of DNA.
                  2. A 4-page newspaper in social studies about the 1920s.
                  3. An essy on the most influential person in my life for english.
                  4. The new english assignment is a project I actually might enjoy. It's a poster and 2 paragraphs about the nonfiction book we read, and mine was about Star Wars.
                  5. This isn't really a project, but I have 2 quizzes to make up in math.

And there's other "ongoing" homework things that I didn't mentions. Gah.

Hey, I knew where Han used a lightsaber. Do I get a free "Call Sharky Crazy" pass too? Actually, I think that's the only place in any of the books or movies where he even touches a lightsaber.
                  Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                  "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                  "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• My history teacher describes Europe as a 'disgusting growth off of Asia.' XD It does look like that, doesn't it? Anyway, we started that in history, and as I read the first chapter, I've been taking notes on it so I won't have to cram right before I test. It's easier than just plowing through, anyway; I'll look for notable facts (the goal of taking notes off a source that has all of the facts is to be breif, and to help me remember). Normally I'll be reading it, but not really paying attention, and then I don't know any of what I just 'read.' Wow, Cass just walked all over the keyboard and nothing happened. No letters, spaces, or weird pop ups. I wonder what she stepped on that did absolutely nothing.

Lesse, we watched the Lion King in Spanish. It was really boring, mostly because we couldn't understand any of what they said, and it was the Spanish version, so there weren't even English subtitles. XD El Rey Leon. Some of my classmates described it as traumatizing because their favorite songs were being sung in unfamiliar voices.

Started reading Dune. Also started reading House of the Scorpian. Checked out Cabinet of Curiosities from the library. It feels like I'm never reading just one book at a time. A few nights ago, I asked mom for a book to read because I had just finished mine. Sometimes I get great books when I ask, like City of Bones or Relic, but other times... Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. And I'm sure everyone here knows my opinion of her books (*snore* for the newbies). Meh. but I've heard Dune was pretty good (mostly from here), though my mom warned that it drags on sometimes. Then, yesterday, I walked down the hallway where my brother's book, the House of the Scorpians, was lying on the floor. I picked it up and started to read it (and it was a hardcover!). It's pretty good, and I read over 200 pages all in one day. One reason was that my brother told me it wasn't really his book; it was the school's, and it was assigned for the class to be read. I didn't know how long he'd have it, or if it would be due the next day. It's not, and I'm glad. S'really good book.

Studying for standardized tests? How??? I understand there are prep books for the SATs and all of that, but... ??? The version of SATs I took was the same one that college bound seniors took.

I'd be interested in journalism, but meh. Would I really want to for a career?

Polie, one of the biggest problems that stopped chime was an anti-virus program of some sort. I have this one Internet Security program, and disabling it sometimes lets the chat window open.

XD Elita, looks like the majority thinks it's a good idea.

Sunstar:
                    BUSSES ARE CANCELLED! NO SCHOOL! YAY!
                    Actually, the plural of buses only has one s. I have no idea, but that was the first thing that popped into my head when I read that of yours. Same with a few other words that have that little quirk.

G.I.B.B.Y. Read it aloud. No, really, it sounds cool. XD *cracks up at Applause* I have no idea how to spell that. I'd look it up, but today... blah.

All of the deadlines are getting bumped. Grrr.

Lisa:
                    My english teacher was uncharacteristically kind today. She gave us candy, and she let us skip the 2nd draft for our huge project.
                    Which reminds me that I still have a small box of Nerds my LA teacher gave me today. As soon as I picked mine out, H, from the other side of the room warned, "wait til after class."

*huggles Lisa* School would be bearable if we didn't have homework. That's how it feels to me at least.

Chat excerpt of the day:

Welcome! This is the main chat room for the Young Wizards forums.
                    frostykitten_13 is Online
                    Gryphon heyy frost
                    frostykitten_13 dai
                    frostykitten_13 happy valentines day
                    frostykitten_13
                    frostykitten_13 are you still there?
                    frostykitten_13
                    frostykitten_13 hello?
                    frostykitten_13 i g2g, dai

Now I feel bad. I came in the chat, said hi, then went to post and forgot about Frosty. *huggles*

You're all great and *huggles* because I care.
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Gryph...you think lion king in Spanish is bad? Try Shrek in spanish, it's the most annoying evil movie I've ever seen. (In spanish of course.) The donkey has this high pitched girly voice too.

Valentines Day today. The announcements came on and the principal was talking about people wearing TOO baggy pants and too many itty bitty skirts.heh heh.
                      People got suckers and roses today at school. I got none But I did get a lot of candy!!!!!!
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• "Started reading Dune." - Gryph
                        hehehe, u STARTED reading it, let me know when u finish it... lol. I got Dune for x-mas and I'm only halfway through.... that book is really hard to read, I'm only just at a moderatly intersting bit.... lol, let me know how it goes Gryph!
                        Happy Valentines day to everyone!
                        *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

• My older brother read Dune. He told me about it but I don't remember much. What's it about? He did say I would like it...maybe I'll try it out after I finish Book of Night with Moon.
                          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I'm BACK AGAIN! Well, for today at least. How's life been treatin y'all? Wow, this thing sure grows when you go away for a bit. Three hundred seventy five pages? Remember when we all used to party when it got to fifty or something? Hehe, those were the days. Back when everyone knew everyone. It was a happy little place back then.
                            But I'm sure it's just a happy BIG place now! Share the love! The more the merrier! And HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
                            I'm in a good mood, in case you hadn't noticed. I have taiko tonight and I just stopped having a headache, plus, someone is actually reading my livejournal. I feel loved.
                            So, be happy all you happy people, and listen to BNL. If you don't know what that is, you're obviously not obsessed enough.
                            The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                            I promise not to funfun anymore
                            Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• CRESS!
                              HI!!

You probably have no idea who I am, but I still know who all the people from way back in TOGR are...and I remember the parties for each page. But I'm not entirely sure if the remembering counts when it's second-hand. I read all of TOGR,and I'm reading it a second time through now.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH.
                              *Has had Numb playing for the past few hours, afraid to change the song for fear that mp3search has turned Meteora into 30 second clips like they did everything else*
                              ARGH. I want Hybrid Theory back...I taught myself In The End on piano and everything...
                              *Dies*
                              I could always buy some Linkin Park, instead of getting it off mp3search.ru...
                              Aaaaaahhh, Gryph got me listening to Linkin Park. It's her fault I'm obsessed now!

Chime.
                              Evil.
                              Still.
                              Again.
                              I sort of killed of Netscape trying to find settings that would let me in, and it still won't let me. I've given up on IE and Firefox. But now that I've screwed every single thing on my computer up horribly, I finally found out what's wrong with it..I think. If you open chat in IE, then press ctrl+n it opens a new chat window, only in this one you can see the web address for chat. And whenever I try to type something in and submit it (In Firefox and Netscape, in IE it does nothing), it gives me an error saying "This module id (the mod= parameter) does not match any module set up on this site. We are unable to process your request." In the address bar, it says "mod=608108701" in the middle of a load of everything else. So I just have to figure out what the number is supposed to be, because 608108701 isn't working. *Banghead*
                              Mmph.
                              Of course, in Netscape and Firefox it doesn't think I'm logged in. Chat opens, and then it gives me an error saying that the chat area does not allow guest access, and I must login to access this chat feature. So I click login/join, and it brings me to the connecting screen, skipping past logging in. Only at the top there's an orange button (I remember it as being green when it still let me in. Now it's orange in IE too.) and then 'Welcome,' with no username. Ack. *Banghead*
                              That was kind of long for a rant about chat...grr. I give up.
                              *Hopelessly goes off to further screw up computer settings*
                              Okay, now I really give up.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comment

• I hate valentine's day.

burn, valentine's day.

But I had the day off school, so I didn't have to watch couples making out, at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X