Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *huggles Polie* We're getting closer:
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...gay_marriage_2
    The ban on gay marriages was struck down in NY! I'm glad, and what the heck do they think they're doing, anyway? Amendment # 14, I beleive, is enough to stop it, or should be.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pe_assassin_dc
    Eh heheheh. This article is about a man who had shot the Pope so many years ago and now just wished him a swift recovery. And this other topic is titled "Education Chief: Strike Is a 5-Letter Word." That has my curiosity. In fact, instead of listing all of the links, here's one to the 'Oddly Enough' section:
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=index&cid=757

PM:
    No, no. It's one of Santa's assistants, you know, a subordinate clause. The second clause reinforces the meaning of the first clause, in this case by explaining it.
    It's a bloody new sentence!! *grumbles* At least give it a semi colon. My semi orphanage is overflowing.

;;;;

G: ['blocks' a chair on accident] owww...
    M: Are you okay?
    G: Yeah
    M [jokingly] : Didn't break anything?
    G: There're jagged, bloody bone shards sticking out of my hand...

Mood: mildly depressed even with sprints around the house
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Ok, so next time I get a fanfic beta-read, and all my semi-colons get thrown out and replaced by assorted other punctuation, I'll have some to put in TOGR posts .

For people who're still keen on imposing Biblical rules, someone pointed me at this site.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• My doggie is haveing babies! Does anyone know anything about the new Harry Potter book that I might not know? If anyone likes Tamora Perice go to this site it's awsome! http://www.steelsings.com
        Do the newbie dance !
        Car doors will soon take over the world! The little blender who could told me so!

I was a newbie for a whole year!!*newbie dances* I will always be a newbie at heart though.

Comment

• Hey Paige! Glad you decided to post something! There are lots of HP sites, but I reccommend http://www.jkrowling.com because it's JK's official site and it has links to other sites.
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Dai'stiho cousin and Welcome to the Boards.

Welcome to the (to quote Lee) 'Legendary Topic of Great Randomness'. You're not expected to read it, despite what some people think. Check out Kli6's Board FAQs for information about posting and such and my injokes topic for info as to how to survive on the boards and the little things about stuff - I can't think of what to write at the moment. I'm braindead .

Also, check out the chat room... I have a feeling that I've seen you there at some stage, so you might have already had the 'newbie run', but anyways...

PM: hehe. That site's funny.

I am really tired. Its not even 6am here yet. The things I do to talk to you, Rad... *shakes her head* *yawns...*.

Our old computer should be fixhed ... ohhweelll... I can't think of anything else to type .. so .. yes... goodbye

Alla

Comment

• PM-- I was just beginning to get depressed (due to Buster, and the dude in Alabama, and the First Amendment-clueless students, and these people (it appears from later local news accounts that they threw them in the trash instead). But that is the FUNNIEST thing I have seen in several days.
              And since someone brought up paganism--
              There's a reason for Groundhog's Day. It falls halfway between the Solstice and the Equinox. There's a pagan holiday on the same day (the name of which escapes me) and also Candlemas.

Comment

• I am playing with a computer bot named SmarterChild on AIM. I first made it give me the weather. At least for Ottawa. that was an experience. now I'm just having fun with the thing. . . I'm making it give me quizzes. It's amusing. . . ^^

Comment

• Paige: The message boards at Steelsings are down, though. Meh.
                  Half-Blood Prince? Hmm. I don't know how much you know, so I don't know if you know what I know which is more than my brother knows. [/confusing] I know the title, release date, three chapter titles, and there's a character description floating around someplace that I've read through a few times. Oh, and I used to know (but forgot) how many pages (Chapters? Both?) there were. And that's it. I'm guessing you know title and release date. The rest depend on whether or not you visit JKRowling.com and Mugglenet, I think. And probably the Leaky Couldron as well, but I haven't been there much. And probably a billion other fansites, but I'm not listing all of them.
                  The newbie dance is Mr. Bobbles! Dai'stiho, Gregory! I forget if I posted The Naming of the Smileys in the injokes topic. Hmm.

February: National Yell Bad Things At Chime Month. It actually did let me in in January, so it hasn't let me in for five days now. See you all in March. Maybe. If I'm lucky, which I hardly ever am.
                  Mmph.
                  *Kills Chime*

PM: godhatesshrimp.com?
                  ...*Has lost the URL to the :no comment: smiley image thingy*
                  :nocomment:

Argh. LisaHir01-of-HerInteractive-who-isn't-Lisa-from-here- is really getting on my nerves...*Banghead* Would someone tell her that it's actually humanly possible to reply to a question without having people suddenly want to kill something?
                  *Whamthudcrashbangargh*

*Glances sideways* My mom's Christmas cactus has a bud on it! Merry Christmas, everyone! They never blooom on time. Mine blooms a couple weeks before Thanksgiving...

Comment

• Gah. I think someone should make a thread where all you do is rant. I'm really mad at my mom today (actually, I've been really mad at her all week) because her computer is down and she has to get on mine every hour or so to check her e-mails and that sort of thing. She's in my room nonstop. If it wasn't for this site and my personal files on this computer, I'd seriously have her take my computer out of my room to anywhere else. I don't get my room to myself at all anymore! She changes the desktop almost every time she gets on to a picture of this baby of someone she knows from work, even though she knows I don't want her to.

Anyway, I'm on page 101 of TOGR. Reading it helps me cool down when I'm angry, so I've been making progress.
                    Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                    "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                    "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• I don't have anything to say. But, I thought that I would post and let everyone know I was still alive.

Things have been so busy. I have hardly had a moment to spare. I am behind on mission logs and my book needs 18 more pages of editing.

I heard a good quote today, though.

'If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there.'
                      -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                      The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                      I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• PM: wow, that site is cool!! very amusing.

Dai everybody new.

Erm, Earwen, I'm confuzzled... if you hate being called Kat, why is that your name on the boards?

SmarterChild!! yayness. so amusing... I've enjoyed having convos with him before. Aggravating machines is fun sometimes. THere's also a Lord of the Rings version automated computer buddy thing like that on AIM, I think it was RingMessenger or something of the like....

HBP!! *spaz* can't wait...

weee, went to the library today. I love libraries, and bookstores!! Got The Subtle Knife among some other books.... gotta get to reading! and doing some studying for bio. I have my AP Exam in May and there's so much information to cover!! eek.
                        ------------------------------
                        Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                        -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• [rant]I growl at thirteen year olds who think they know everything (no offence to those of you on the boards who are 13 and may or may not think that they know everything). Last year, a 12-year-old girl from down Melbourne way emailed me and asked if she could be my email friend sorta thing. I could see nothing wrong with it, and we exchanged a few emails, and then tonight she logs on and stars asking me questions about whether I've had a boyfriend or not. Ok, I understand that some people think that not ever having had a boyfriend by 17 is rather shocking, but its kinda - who cares? I have never seen any reason to complicate the friendships that I have with guys by going out with them!!! Why would you ever bother? *shakes her head* Then, she had the audacity to call me a leso, just because I've never had a boyfriend. GAH!!! Anyways... that just really ticked me off...[/rant]

Whohoo... I like my work hours this week . I'm working pretty much every afternoon, which will leave the mornings free to bludge yay!

Anyway. Sleep time for me. G'night

Alla

Comment

• abby - when I joined the forum I used the first name that I could think of (mainly becuase I was being bugged by various members of my family to get off the internet) but decided not very long afterwards that I didn't like my username and so used several nick-names (none of which lasted for very long and I doubt anyone can remember) before useing my elivish name which is now my username only I haven't been botherd to email Lee and get it changed.

Comment

• News. No kind act goes unpunished. How sick. This one is about how a couple of teenaged girls baked cookies for their neighbors instead of going to a dance, and they left them on doorsteps along with a note that said, "have a good night." This one lady claimed that they had caused anxiety and wanted to sue for suffering a heart attack. They had to pay for the medical stuff, but didn't get any punitive charges.

Today's chat excerpt:
                              Welcome! This is the main chat room for the Young Wizards forums.
                              Peter Murray is Online
                              Gryphon heyy
                              Gryphon XD
                              Gryphon someone on a sunday!
                              Gryphon *sobs*

WF, our cactus bloomed just before Christmas. S'pretty little guy. I should take a few pictures of our plants. I swear, our cats are herbivores!

Lisa:
                              Gah. I think someone should make a thread where all you do is rant.

She changes the desktop almost every time she gets on to a picture of this baby of someone she knows from work, even though she knows I don't want her to.
                              Belongs in the topic of great randomness also. That's where all of our rants go, and it's better to have a place that you can reply to a rant along with a lot of other stuff, because, most likely, people would only have one-liners to reply, and they'd feel like they had to.

Maybe she's trying to give you a hint with all of the baby pictures. "I want you to be like this!"

*huggles Chani*

Abby:
                              Erm, Earwen, I'm confuzzled... if you hate being called Kat, why is that your name on the boards?
                              For the same reason that Polie's name was Callahan, M's was Marnie, and mine was Skitty...

*seethes for Alla* And I'm sure Polie has enough to deal with when people assume she's straight or when they find out she's not.

*huggles, wubbles, lubbles*
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Gryphon chatted:
                                Gryphon someone on a sunday!
                                Gryphon *sobs*
                                Aw . I didn't see you. I was just about to log off the Internet after an hour, or two hours, depending when you saw me, and I didn't see you appear - must have been just as I was closing the window.

Kat Earwen said:
                                several nick-names (none of which lasted for very long and I doubt anyone can remember)
                                Angua! I remember that one.

Alla, I'm 47 and have never had a boyfriend... oh, wait... that's not a problem for me. Never mind .

Wildflower: Aw. You must have stabbed Chime so many times that it decided not to like you any more.
                                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X