No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Hey guys! I'm officially "home" now. It's actually going better than I thought it would. My mom and sis are at school now, and so I'm home alone talking on the phone with my dad The stupid thing is that my mom made a separate account on this comp, and that account has all my favorites on it! And prolly a few messengers...so I'm using the stupid guest account, but I don't REALLY care at the moment...I'm just a *little* bit mad...Hee Gidget (my siste'rs chihuahua) is sitting in my lap now She's SOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable! Anyhow, I'd prolly better get going, TTYL!

*Huggles all and tackles PM, knocking him out of his chair*

Oh and before I forget, I want to mention that I finally have Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for XBox! I found a good copy at a pawn shop for $10!!! YAYAYAY

Come to chat Gibby!!!!!!!
      ~Rachel

Comment

• Lisa, have you thought about earplugs? Those soft foam kind? When I went to college, I had serious trouble sleeping because I was in a very very crowded dorm, and (as luck would have it) my upstairs neighbors would always decide to have an all night game of Quarters (drinking game) which involved much yelling and table thumping on the nights before my midterms and finals. Those little foam earplugs saved my life. Not to mention theirs.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Once again, thanks so much everybody. I always feel better after coming here. I'm so happy right now, even though everything is awful in school.

I won't go into boring details. My mom tells me I do that too often. But here's what happened today, in order of occurence:

1. I left my entire pencil pouch in 1st period, except for my one favorite pencil.
          2. I ran inot a girl during volleyball, skinned my knee, and bruised my cheek.
          3. Went back to 1st period to get pencils, found out they were stolen.
          4. In math, we're finally doing something I really like and it's really easy for me to get right. I was so happy. Then my teacher told us we had to do it her way.

But good news is, I finished 2 journal entries in one day!

I'm so happy, even though I'm sad.

Thanks again guys.
          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• On the topic of my return:

*eep-eep* HI!!!! Yupyup! Angel_Star is undeniably my bestest buddi! *huggles her* ...even though she proably did better on our history test than me...

Right...Sharky...yup I remember you. Kinda hard to forget..
            Gryph: Hi again!

On the note of my Phantom RP:
            It's kinda new...so...yeah, It's not too bad though. Nothing compared to VG Dawn!!! (but of course...hard to meet those standards...) I still lub it though!!! *huggles compy* Join! Join! JOIN!!!! *maniacal laughter* heh heh...*cough* If anyone wants to join and help, you can be an admin...only four members I think...including Angel....gosh it's hard to remember to call her that...

I've seen Phantom...*counts on fingers*...six times now! I would've seen it, like, a kajilliion more, but...IT'S OFF THEATRES!!!! *argh!*

right...y'all should join...and ANGEL!!! RECRUIT, YOU LAZY LOON!!!! (by the way...I'm not insulting you...I'm just contemplating your similarities to a waterfowl...)

heh heh....join. Seriously. No jive.

Moving On:
            Gosh...my shameful only 3 posts...I would have, like, 150, but...well...you know...*sniffle* Gosh, I miss this place...*huggles everyone*

Comment

• OMG! Somebody else knows about the Arrogant Worms?! I was just listening to them! Carrot Juice is MURDER! SO SAVE THE VEGGIES!
              The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
              I promise not to funfun anymore
              Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• I like Phantom, but I preferred the stage musical to the movie (then again, I saw the original cast). I'm also unique among Andrew Lloyd-Webber fans (as far as I know) in absolutely adoring Aspects of Love (which everybody else sorta sees as the beginning of the end) and By Jeeves (which nobody knows). And I have to admit that, even after Passion and Bounce, I still prefer Stephen Sondheim to Andrew Lloyd-Webber.

For me, it's A Little Night Music, Into the Woods, and Sunday in the Park With George that I can watch a gazillion times over.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Hey, the most recent post thingy is working again! It actually shows the most recent posts! I don't have much else to say...*evil poot*
                  Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                  "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                  "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

• Life is great. I feel great. YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

School went swift. I scored 2 points lower than a friend on a math test and felt miserable about it. I pressure myself wayy too much. Me, not my parents. Gah.

Was that your favorite song because he killed himself? Because that's something different. I sat back one day and realized that just about every song I listened to was about violence and death and hating and that kind of stuff. I don't really care -- it's the sound of it that I love!

Lisa, as always *huggles*

About people saying Sharky is sane. Grr. Insanity is forum spirit! Sharky can be in 'de nile', but we love him for his river and couldn't see him any other way.

In The Prescence of Friends is forum spirit too.

Lovey:
                    including Angel....gosh it's hard to remember to call her that...
                    ...I have a friend who I am sure could relate with you on that. *grumbles*

Jesus, is that a siggy!? THAT'S 21 LINES!!! *passes out* Lovey, you do know that it's only supposed to be four, right?

*is laughing so hard* *more huggles* XD Wow, you've ahh... made a record.

MRP isn't working. It lists the topic's creator, not the poster.

KARATE IS AWESOME!! I kiii-ed (i've given up with spelling these) all the way home with windows rolled down. A few cars driving by had their windows down too, and I'm sure they were shocked.
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Lovey, I never thought I was similar to a water fowl in any way. Besides, why should I recruit when you're doing such a fabulous job of it yourself? And your siggy is wayy too long. Anyways. I doubt I did better on that stupid history test. *grumble* Heh. I don't have many posts at all...what, around 225, or something? *sigh*

*evil laughter* It's not too hard to call you Lovey...
                      <3
                      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• PM, I have already joined Lovey's RP! Thankyou lovey! And I'll try to keep up the same amount of activity at all the RPs - and here, but I am starting to be inundated with Uni work. ... I haven't been on the computer in two days, but I think I'm lucky, the TOGR has only grown one page!! ... Whats wrong with everyone?

Uni, at the moment, isn't too boring, but its not too exciting either. I had another MedSoc meeting this afternoon, and we made more chainmaille. I now have a peice that is about 30cms (1ft) long and 10cms(4in) wide (see look - I can do distance conversions! You know in physics today, we learnt that the US is the only country that is still using backwards mesurements!) Anyway... I also took my MLPs with me, and scared two people and pleased many more I'm taking a couple of Sylvanians next week

Lectures aren't that exciting - infact I had trouble staying awake in Chemistry this morning. Who ever heard of having CHEM at 8:00am in the morning!!! GAH! Maths is starting to make more sense, but I found out a disturbing thing in the Physics tute today, and that is that you can't use calculators in the maths subject that I'll be taking next semester NOOO!!!

Anyway, I must go. I need to finish my physics assignment. Fare well, and don't do anything I would do!

Alla

Comment

• Britain still uses pints and miles, though everything else is supposed to be metric. However, if you want to buy a pound of potatoes or whatever, it's not usually a problem. (Actually, one local grocer gets confused if you ask for 100g of something.)
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Just five more posts, Lovey, and you'll be bumped up a rank to 'member.'

Alla:
                            (see look - I can do distance conversions! You know in physics today, we learnt that the US is the only country that is still using backwards mesurements!)
                            Isn't that right! As for the rest of your post, the only thing I can't do without a calculator is a matrix problem with multiplication or division. Everything I've been doing by hand.

I can't convert to metric measurements. I don't know quarts and pints either. XD I can, however, tell you the temperature in F (give or take 40 degrees, maybe XD) and measure lengths with inches, feet, and centimeters. Miles are four times around the track ring.
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Actually, no, that's not my siggy. I'm just so senile that I put the same thing twice. Why? I don't know. It's hard to keep track of which site I've already put things on. My siggy is just *eep-eep*. ...well...I just changed it so I don't have to worray 'bout remembering. It now has mah sites and *eep-eep* Yup. Not my siggy! I pwomise! *raises three fingers* Scout's honour!

Yup yup! No jive!
                              Let's see...what to say...OOH! I am sooo excited to finally lose the newbie status!

You thought that was mah siggy, eh? I'm not that (keyword: that) stupid...really.

heh...

Angel and the guy who sits next to her and me is unhappy with me because, of all things, I'm giggly. Now, dear debacles, (yes, I know that made no sense. Ssh. Let me live in my little world.)you might ask, "Why, Lovey, dear, would this annoy him?" Here is the answer! I am known as many things. Giggly is not one of them.
                              I am known as:
                              <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Dark
                              <LI>Cynical
                              <LI>Freaky
                              <LI>Gothic (I AM NOT!!!)
                              <LI>Messed up
                              <LI>Obsessive
                              <LI>Murderous[/list]

Definately not giggly...
                              It's scaring him and Angel and others.

Now, you may also be asking, "Why, mah love, are you all of a sudden 'giggly?"

Here is the answer!
                              It's all b/c of a guy. I'm sorry...there. Got it off my chest. I'm messed up. So..if I'm unusually happy...well...try and ignore it...

heh heh...

Comment

• A GUY! How on earth could a GUY ever make ANYONE giggly?! (that was sarcastic in case you couldn't tell). I mean, I'm sure I'VE Never been giggly over a guy. Sure. Actually that's not saying much as I get giggly over just about anything. I mean, I can get giggly over Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And music that involves death and destruction. And other such similar things. I'm sure M can attest to how giggly I can get. Actually, I can also get giggly over absolutely nothing. I'm not exaggerating, I'll just randomly be in a good mood and start giggling. It can be scary.
                                The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                                I promise not to funfun anymore
                                Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Working...
                                X