No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not the only one... And I tend mostly to hate my actions (generally the stupid ones) not myself. I'm mostly happy with myself. There's some stuff I don't like, but nothing I actually hate.

PointeFeet's name, unless I'm mistaken, comes from ballet; the blocked shoes ballerinas wear are called "Pointes." In which case it's pronounced pretty much point (although since it comes from the French, that's not at all accurate... but hey. )

Ka kite
    Tui
    trim sig -- gf
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Yeah it's pronounced point feet, it's a joking ballet nickname, kind of like bunhead.
      Anyway, on my friend it's really ok, well it isn't, but it's something you learn to live with, and more importantly to watch out for similar situations even more closely. My friends are sheltered, we're all nerds who don't party, don't use drugs and who have great families, well usually, but we're over achievers and that's where the risk is. High rates of depression and the like. However we all had to look at our selves again, because of it, and after seeing how much it tares apart an entire community, cause everyone in town knew her, I don't think that anyone, especially my friends, will ever think that it's a good solution, or that no one would care, cause we all found out the hard way how much people really do

Comment

Good. As long as you guys know that however insignificant (I don't think I spelled that right) you seem, you're important and people WILL miss you.
        trim sig -- gf

Comment

I try not to do stupid stuff (don't we all), but I regret stupid stuff after I do it. But I don't hate it persay.

When I said I hate parts of me, I mean like I hate my butt and my arrogance and the fact that I'm untrusting. But I don't hate myself. I have too much going GOOD in my life to hate myself, too much to live for! Who else is going to fill up my dog's food bowl every night?

trim sig -- gf

Comment

Nope. However, I believe it's per se. I think.
            T
            trim sig--gf

Comment

per se?? what?? I have lost you yet again.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

She said: "persay." I said: per se. We were talkig about spelling errors, therefore I found one. Sue me.
                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                Spelling Freak and Typo Queen

Comment

*in joking tone* Who's your lawyer? I've never typed that before, per se, that's why I didn't know. But I've said it before.

The Architect: Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.
                  -The Matrix Reloaded, 2003

Graham Hess: So what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you: are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?
                  -Signs, 2002

Comment

OH. O.k.

*Agent~M*
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "I could live

Comment

I'm my own lawyer. I'm good a picking holes in the opposition.
                      T
                      trim sig - gf

Comment

You'd make a good lawyer, or maybe not. Hmm....

*Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

*snicekrs* I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted! But I have been told (mostly by people in states of extreme irritation) That I would make a good lawyer... heh.
                          T
                          trim sig - gf

Comment

Really..... which menas you're good at debating stuff, right?

Help me.

I'm involved in a gigantic Religion Debate (aka Does a Christian god exist?) on another forum, and I am in WAY over my head...

Awww... man... I can't believe this. I'm actually asking for help... *starts banging head against wall*

Resident Otaku, Martial Artist, and Miko. Do not anger me-the consequences could be... dire.

Comment

BIG topic, which forum is it, I want to listen in! Hee Hee Hee Hee. I can help you, at one point I wanted to be a lawyer and I watdched about 100 or more law shows, but I need to know the forum.

*Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

Well, I'm good at arguing stuff. However, as M said, that's one WHOPPER of a topic, so... well, anywqy, what are you arguing for? And what are they arguing against?
                                I may be able to offer a suggestion or two, but unless the people you're arguing with are genuinely interested in finding out what you think and why you think it, you're probably not going to come to any sort of conclusion. This is an issue people tend to feel strongly about, and you can't debate it out of people. They tend to have to come to it themselves, which is most likely to happen in a life crisis of some description, so... it can be difficult. I learnt that myself a while ago, the hard way.
                                ka Kite
                                Tui
                                Trim sig - gf

Comment

Working...
                                X