The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY!!! No more Vocabulary!!

Hey, just wondering, did anyone else here read Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson?
    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Thanks, guys. *huggles back*

Rad: *huggles* Thanks for not being THAT evil.....*bows head shamefully* Gah.

Kaiba: really? I'm sorry too, about your dog...*huggles*

I was feeling really bad for the past few days...but then I realised today was 9/11. And I was reminded on a news report about it that people had suffered a lot, and many people died, and I realised that their grief was equal to, and likely much greater than mine. When I turned on the computer, I saw a topic in some forums about 9/11, about people, and how they felt about that incident four years ago, and how they feel now.

I'm still really sad about my grandpa, but I'm glad that he's in a better place now, instead of suffering with lots of pain here, even though I wish that he could be not suffering _here_ instead. But he wouldn't have wanted me to crawl into a hole, and not do anything either. Those people on that message board, they're still sad about it, but most have decided that they don't want to just lie there, or crawl into a hole, and stay there. And so have I. Because Death is out there, and nothing's going to happen if I just lie there, moaning about it. We're not wizards, and we can't fight it like in the books. But I've found down one fragment of it inside me, face to face, and I've faced it down.

No more.

Thanks, guys. (And girls, if you're going to be extra picky :l)

Comment

• Well written Gigo, well written.

R.I.P. all those people who died on this day.

Comment

• "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• Well written Gigo.

Thinking back about 9/11 is really freaky for me. It changed America for our generation(s) at least somewhat. But at a personal level it is always freaky to think about. My dad's boss had a ticket in hand for one of those flights. And other people in my dad's group would have been going too. There was a convention they were going out to. Then the whole group was layed off and they didn't have to go- only my dad's boss, and he could go later. And he already had the ticket in hand when this happened...

So if my dad's group wasn't layed off he could have been on one of those flights. And its scary. And his boss definitally would have been.
            We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• 9/11 never really made an impression on me. I don't know why. A lot of people said it changed the way they thought about things, really shook them up etc. It just never really hit me.

On swimming-right now it's extremely easy. Practices are only 1 1/2 hours (that's really short, over the summer they were 2 hours and 15 minutes), but they are everyday. Over the summer our practices were at 6:45 in the morning. CRAZY! And the faster people had practice at like 6 or something, then came back later in the day AGAIN! They practiced 9 times a week, every day except Sunday. Personally, I would never do that.
              The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
              I promise not to funfun anymore
              Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• When 9/11 first happened, i didn't know what the world trade center were, just that they blew up. And for that matter, i didn't really care at the time because i was in what, third grade? Now, however, it totally sank in, and i can still remember seeing it on the television over and over again...

M.A.R.S.

Comment

• My computer is evil. Completely and totally evil. The other day (when was it...Friday? I don't know) I had this rather large post typed out. Rather large being an almost Gibbish sized post. Well, I clicked "Post Now", fully expecting it to go through. Low and behold, my computer froze up just enough so that it did not, making that whole post go *poof*. *twitch*

*huggles Gigo, Kaibish, and everyone else that I meant to huggle a long time ago*

Augh! I've been so busy lately. Stupid school. *kicks homework*

Mel: I'm a freshman in highschool. I turned fourteen yesterday.

Since ya'll haven't heard from me in so long, you get to have a flood of everything I've been going through the past week or so right now. Aren't you excited? Of course you are!

Alright, to start out with...oh. Pep band rocks on high! I love pep band! Two things I don't like about pep band: 1) I can't sit with my non-band geek friends and 2) Jeff, this uber-cute Junior who sat behind me played his sax right in my ear and wasn't at all kind to me. Besides that, pep band is awesome.

My li'l bro's friend is quite annoying. He just shot me with this little ball-shooter thing. Meh.

Okay, so yesterday was my birthday. I had a party. Fwee!! Mountain Dew is great. *sighs blissfully* Hey, guess what? You get to hear a bunch of romantic crap that you prolly couldn't care less about, but I have to talk about it. I just have to. Muahaha! Okay, so my boyfriend got me this really really pretty necklace. It's a gold chain with a small gold cross on it. It's decorated with four little leaves on the cross, and a bead in the center. I love it ever so much. Lovey got me her "Uber-cool T-shirt Making Kit". LoL. That rocked. I got other stuff, most of it inside joke related.

Alright. Now on to the mushy stuff. Well, we were having like a praise and worship thing in my backyard. Shoe played his acoustic and sang with the rest of us. Well, Zach didn't really sing, which is a good thing. No offense to him or anything, but he needs to stick to guitar. Spencer, Lovey, and C were off in their own little world together, if that makes sense. Goodness, those girls were attached to Spencer...but whatever. Anyways, for some reason E started crying. She wouldn't tell us why. It was really shocking, because we had always thought E to be almost super human. She's so strong. It was just so strange to realize that she was just like the rest of us. Well, being the emotional person that I am, I start sobbing as well. My friends are the greatest. They were there for me, even though there really wasn't a reason for me to be so upset. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">There kinda was, but let's not get into that.</span>
                  After I calmed myself down, I went back over to where Zach was sitting. He just let me sniffle myself back to normal and put his arm around me. I don't know why, but that helped so much. He was just there for me, and I know this sounds really stupid and all, but it felt so good just to sit there with his arm around me.

Oh wow. Now I feel like some uber-romantic freako who can't keep her head on straight. Meh.

So yeah. It was sad when everyone left, but we had an uber-awesome time.

My parents got me a digital camera (that's better than my dad's ) and my li'l bro got me the Rob Thomas CD, ...Something to Be, I think it is.

Ah crap. I'm making even more of an idiot out of myself in front of people...oh well. Oh! Wow. He doesn't think I'm an idiot...

My reply to him: so you don't think I'm some strange wacko who's like demented and crazy and should really cut down on the caffeine?

So yeah. I've been drinking wayy too much coke lately. Fweee! MOUNTAIN DEW ROCKS MY SOCKS! Oh wait. I haven't had MD today.

Well, yeah. I have to go practice my flute sometime today. W shan't be happy with me if I don't, so yeah. Toodle-oo! (Which is Lovey's, I do believe.)
                  <3
                  the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Erm...9-11. One of my least favorite days ever, but not for the obvious reason. It's because on 9-11-01, I was out of school and at my grandpa's funeral. I didn't really know him, as he was really sick and in a nursing home, but it still sort of stunk when I walked out of church to get in the car and go to the cemetary, and turned on the radio to hear about the whole Twin Towers thing. I hope that never happens again.

Mel: It's okay, it's not just me that it bothers. It's just, I don't know, more respectful? We try to be...I don't know how to describe it. I'm kind of tired right now, so I make no sense. You should hear it when I talk right now. I sound like Yoda, everything I say is messed up.

I was at the ****** **** (name of amusement park) all day. Funfun. I don't think I'm sunburned. I got sunburned yesterday at cross country. It goes ow. Wow, lots of people posted in TOGR today...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Edit: I felt like posting more, so...let's post. I ripped my bathing suit today on a water slide. There's a hole in the butt area, which is very annoying, as I have no other bathing suits, and I need that one for when we have cross country practice in the pool. I guess I need to find some way to patch it, as I'm not going to be allowed in the pool if they can see my butt...oh well.

I hate rollar coasters. You might ask why I went to an amusement park today, if I hate rollar coasters. I don't really know myself why I went. But the whole water park thing? Yeah, that was fun. Except for the bathing suit thing, which was just embarassing.

I'm beginning to think student athletes are crazy. Seriously, why do we do this to ourselves, and in high school, no less. High school's supposed to be the time when you find out who you are...and I don't really feel like that's happening to me. Maybe I just need to take a season off of some sport...basketball. I wouldn't make the team this year anyway, I just don't have enough natural talent to do it. Maybe I'll work backstage at the school musical, that's supposed to be fun...

I'm going to Homecoming Dance. I didn't go as a freshman, so this is big, I guess. I need to find a dress. I don't even know where to buy a dress. I guess I need some new shoes too, as I only have some dirty flip-flops, basketball shoes, 2 pairs of running shoes, and a pair of New Balances. No nice shoes. I'm not going with a guy, I'm going with some friends. I'm not really sure I want to go though. I'm just not really a social person, I've only been to 2 dances since I was old enough to go in sixth grade, and both of those were 8th grade dances. Yes, I went to 2 eighth grade dances. Don't ask.

Okay...I could post more, but who would read it? And I'm tired...so dai all. Good night.

Comment

• Gibby said:
                      Now that might not seem that hard to many people, but if you try and do it, how would you show depth on a flat sheet of paper when you can only use simple shapes, have no overlapping and no shading, and the colors of choice to use are black and white? That is the same conclusion I came to. I have no idea.
                      Pure black and white, or are you allowed shades of grey? If you can use greys, and black is the positive colour, use successively lighter greys for more distant objects.

Actually, my first thought was the lateral-thinking idea of writing "near", "medium" or "far" on each of the objects you draw. I suppose that means I have a bias towards words rather than drawings.

My sister rang me on 9/11 to tell me what had happened - I'd just moved in to this house, and I don't remember if I had a TV here, or if it was still at her house, and I had to go back there to watch it. So I didn't get much unpacking done that day, as I watched TV for hours as they gradually put the story together.
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• wow, Char. It sounds like you're busy. That's random that you do swimming as a fall sport. Over here it's a spring sport. I'm a swimmer too, but I basically only do free. Our school doesn't have its own pool, but the one we end up using is by the community college which is right near my house, so it's convenient enough anyways.

I want to be on a water polo team! Our school doesn't have one though, so I'm going to try one to find during the summer. Although summer is off season for school sports, I sign up for a summer swim team and our cross country team has runs for whoever wants to get in shape early, so I often have both of those in one day so I'm not sure I'd be able to fit water polo in.

9/11 was and still is a scary thing. For me, they didn't allow us to watch much news coverage at school either. One of my online friends lived in NY, but luckily she wasn't hurt. Other than that, I didn't really know of anyone over there, but it was still so horrible to think of what happened and how many lives were lost, and the side effects we are still feeling today through the war.
                        ------------------------------
                        Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                        -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• I remember 9/11 very well. I was in Bible class, and another teacher came in and took my teacher out into the hall. When he came back he was all pale, and he told us what happened. Then we kept getting more news about the other attacks that followed the first. And being a Christian school, all the classes stopped and prayed. Everyone wanted to see the TV to see what was going on, but we weren't allowed. There was a TV in the teacher's lounge with the news on, but students weren't allowed in there. Also, later that day in my English class we were going to watch a movie, and when the teacher turned on the TV the news was on. We kind of stared at the TV for a few minutes, but then he had to change the channel, and we watched the movie. After school my mom went to the gas station and waited in a long line for some gas and we listened to the radio. But even through all of this, somehow it didn't have too much of an effect on me....I remember one of the girls in my class almost had a complete breakdown when she heard b/c she had relatives in NY or something.

Anyway, I am sitting in my interactive media class, a little early today. I think we have to turn in something, but I kind of forget and I hope what I have so far is enough. I REALLY can't draw, and the outcome is so stupid it's kind of funny. I am attempting to do SMRPG (Super Monkey RPG) in a flash animation. (See bottom of ToGR page 451 for transcript.) so right now I'm going to work on the drawing of the puppy b/c it really sucks. I don't know HOW I'm going to do Gryph though...

*wanders off muttering about accounting*
                          ~Rachel

Comment

• School. Ick. I swear, they give out waaayy to much homework in my school. It's the first actually real-length day (we had 2 half days so far) and i already have two projects, a mound of speeling homework (again), a mound of math homework (sigh...8th grade work for a 7th grader), and today basically blowed. i think i have some allergies because my eye was itching today and i kept sneezing...
                            poo.

well, my mom's nagging me, so i guess ill see ya'll later!

Comment

• Haha, school was great today. We had an assembly about class rings. Mom is surprised, because when she was in high school, she didn't get a class ring until Junior year. There are so many choices of what to get on it, it's insane. I'm getting one, as a Christmas present. Mom decided it, so...yeah. Interesting present. Also, she gave me her class ring, and told me to wear it for awhile to see if I could stand having one on my finger. It's weird, since her high school closed last year, which is sort of sad. I like rings. They're shiny.

The doctor says whatever I was sick with last week messed with my allergies. Ick. I'm all stuffy again, which isn't fun.

Swimming: I don't swim, but at my school, swimming is a winter sport. Isn't it so weird how all our schools have swimming in a different season? I just think it's weird...

Water polo: We play water polo for water workouts during cross country and track! It's so much fun, but I wouldn't want to do it as a full time sport, because at my school we play the whole "No rules, just don't kill anyone" version of water polo. Lots of dunking and stuff like that.

I feel kind of sick again, so...I'm going to go take a nap before horseback riding.

Comment

• I'm done my hw for today!!YAY! No more spelling until Wednsday!! Double YAY!!

Poor Hungry, being sick sucks. I should know, I'm sick at least once every two months...and my nose is like permanently stuffed. However, I think my brother had it worse than you when he was younger. He had strep throat at least twice a year from when he was like 6 to 11.

He broke three bones, fractured his leg, jammed all his fingers... has had so many stiches, i don't even remember anymore...has tendonitus in his knees and shin splints, so no more track...so just be happy you weren't (and aren't) him as a kid.

Btw, most of those injuries were cause by his own stupidity. (doing cannon balls into the sand, stif-armibng a guy in the face of his helmet, trying to open a gluie bottle that wouldn't open with a knife...)

My school has swimming all year round, but I think the Championships are in the spring or something. We won like the last 5 or something!!

Water polo? Not in a k-8 school, though it would be kinda fun, I guess. We do have a volleyball team, though.

And you do horseback riding? cool. I used to, but I think they mainly ran the program to not have to do so much work around the stables...

And I take it you screen name is after the horse or movie? That movie (and horse) totally kicked butt!!

Ok, I'm gonna go devour my hamburger now!!

Comment

Working...
                                X