The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fashionable fairy!!!!

Woohoo! Seven members in one day. That's good.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *giggles* Those raps on the last page are funny!! They reminded me of "Stan's Drive In" in 5th grade. THAT was funny, Brakk, Stan the Man, and I trying to rap, well OK Stan the Man CAN rap, but we could not. That was sooo funny, but we won 3rd place!!

OOOO!! Enchated Forest ROCKS!! I know 5 people that've read that!!

I know like.... 30 people that have read Artemis Fowl, is it good?? I want to read them soon.

HAHA!! I'm Kylee, but I just now posted my profile.
      ~Sam (Hifun55)~
      Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
      HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
      My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• It's-up-it's-up-it's-up! Okay, as soon as I come up with a good character I'll register. It sounds good, Gryphon! *wanders off to join*
        Metaphors be with you.

Comment

• Yeah, I've got the 4 enchanted forest chronicles books, as well as The Book of Enchantments ( lots of Short Stories by Wrede, bu tonly 1 is really related to the series, the frying pan one, heh. ) I've noticed they have new cover designs now, but I've got the older ones... *huggles them*

Eragon is fairly good so far, yeah, I think the author is 17 (or was when the book came out anyway) . i didn't even know it would be part of a series until I rented it from the library. I'm not sure how long until the other books come out, I believe it's only going to be a trilogy though.

Ooh, wee, they just opened a discount bookstore near my house. They had lots of good books but I just ended up with one called Thief Lord which looks pretty good. And yesterday I found some more of the Everworld series in a bookstore!! yayness, I only need #7 and 11 now to complete my collection. Anyone else read Everworld (by K.A. Applegate)?? I think the series is out of print now though, because the bookstores near me never restocked them or anything, pretty odd since the last one only came out in 2001.

I wanna join the rpg, but stupid lack of time... rawr. *snuffles* and now my break is technically over so I won't be on as much.

And welcome back M!!
          ------------------------------
          Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
          -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• Ooh! Eragon is good! Yeah, the author was 15 when he wrote and I think he's either 19 or 20 now.... I've been trying to find out when the next book comes out but I can't find anything! grr..
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

• Hey you guys I got 3rd place and won $35 dollars at a talent show in my community, I lost to a family of Indian dancers and an Asian girl who can play the piano REALLY well, I sang.
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Hey, Z, that's awesome!! Congratulations!

HI M! *yells and waves excitedly*
                So what? I felt like it.
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Hey M
                  I thought the same thing and I spent an hour one day reserching it and I finally found out the title name 'Eldest: Inheritance, Book 2' If you hang on a min I will find it on Amazon.com for you............<span class="ev_code_PINK">working</span>...........Amazon.com The book is on this page!!

Its out August 2005!!!!! Ages to wait!!!!!! why so long???? Thank god DD does'ant make us wait that long I think I would die!!!
                  Hope thats Ok 'M'
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Yeah, at the back of the book it says the next book is called Eldest, but thanx for the update on when it comes out... UGH. Don't want to wait that long..... And Kingdom of the Golden Dragon STILL hasn't come yet... grr. I'm starting to think that I should've just waited cuz if it doesn't come by May1st I still have to wait cuz it'd be rude to buy it.... Maybe I could just read it in the book store....
                    *Agent~M*
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "I could live

Comment

• LOL
                      Are you talking about Eragon? I'm reading it and frankly, the book is good but there are lots of things that seem just ripped from Tolkien...
                      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• That's what I thought too. The thing with the dwarves and the elves especially.... Or are u not there yet.... kinda a spoiler but not really... There were other things that I can't remember but I know there was more...
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

• Yeah. The names too. One of the Dragon name was Valinor', Eredor, that's so Tolkien!
                          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I've been away for a short bit and look! You guys posted way too much. Okay... Eragon sounds like the author took things off Tolkien? Ugg! I hate copycats. And if the next book isn't coming out until 2005, I'm not going to start the first one just yet.

Oh, and if you join, tell me your username here! I have no idea who you are.
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Well he was only 15 when he wrote it... And he says that he luvs Tolkein....
                              *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

• I'm going to harp on something I've mentioned before, but didn't bother to go in depth about.

Garystuisms. ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHH! (for those of you unfamiliar with this term, it's the less famous masculine of the much-hated Marysuism, from Gary-stu or Mary-sue. For those of you unfamiliar with the 'ficcing community's random weird shopspeak, it's a character based on an idealized version of oneself).

Eragon is the EXEMPLARY original fiction Gary Stu... Learns too quickly, finds a cute girl really, really fast, has a Great Mysterious Destiny (tm) coupled with a Great Mysterious Past (tm) and is the Namesake of a Great and Mysteriously Significant Historcal Figure (tm).... you could take a How to Avoid Garystuisms CLASS on this guy.

And, due to the general portrayal of males in literature throughout history, it's harder to get a Gary-stu than a Mary-sue (which is why the latter is more common and hated), since male heroes are expected to be slightly unbelievable, but please. Grrah!

*semiramis is really frustrated with this book. can you tell?*

Comment

Working...
                                X