No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hah. That's why it's my favorite smiley!

But I'm still mad at avidgamers.

I read this:

Free version
    As noted in the FAQ, a free version of AG2 is due to be released today. I'm in the final testing stages now, and it should be out sometime within the next 24 hours.

The free version will have only one major limitation compared to the current paid version: No advanced layout settings. In other words, no direct control over the templates used to generate your community. This means that free communities will be able to use the full functionality of the system with the default layout, with the flexibilty offered by the layout and color options, but you will need to pay if you want to create your own customizations to the templates that form the design and layout of your community.

In addition, we'll be adding new features to the paid version. First of these will be a list of "who's online", as well as the ability to upload graphics for your community. This is going to be the trend of many future features: The payments for AG2 are what enables AG to move on, so it's only natural that most of the new features are added to the paid version.

In other words, I can't get my free community fast enough to be satisfied. I am mad. Rah rah rah!
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• what do you peeps think of starting a "you know you read too much YW" subject/listfic in the "miscellaneous issues"?
      *guilty grin* I'm a sucker for these... I'm in, though I'll be doing more reading than writing, I expect.

Abby- no, there aren't huge numbers of guys, but there're some- db, Dave, Wilf, Nathan. Fox. A couple of others. We had more Back In The Day, IIRC. Actually, a long, long time ago, I used to carefully avoid gender-specific pronouns when I was talking about Lee... so it can be kinda difficult. Don't feel bad.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Semiramis: Lee's avatar, from what I remember it as being, is Washu from Tenchi Muyo. Washu's my favourite character in Tenchi Muyo... ^^ She's great. there's a bit in the new manga series where Washu booby traps the whole house because space pirates knew how to get past security devices... she caught then, and tenchi yelled at her about how if the security was going to destroy the house, they might as well just let the space pirates through...

Comment

• actually, I'm pretty certain it isn't, because I would have remebered that (she's my fave, too ^.^v!)... it was a girl with glasses and curly brownish-red (or brown, or red) hair... and some sort of uniform. I think.

Comment

• <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Tenchi Muyo!! That's it!! I was trying to think about that show's name the other day. I knew what it was about because I used to watch it a lot...but I couldn't think of the name! Thank you Aurora!</span>

Comment

• I think DD has Tenchi Muyo links on Homeward... and I think she mentioned at one point that her laptop was named after Ryo-ohki ^.^

...and speaking of Tenchi Muyo, and Washu in particular...

I know I've asked this before, but does this emo: remind anyone else of Washu?

Comment

• <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Is Tenchi Muyo even on anymore? If it isn't I wish it was because I really liked that show...</span>
                <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">And yeah, that has Washu all over it.</span>

Comment

• No, I don't think it is, which is a pity....

although you can probably buy the dvds or videos online. Then you won't have to listen to Ayeka's horrible dub voice unless you didn't mind it.... and it wouldn't be the uber-washed out and censored Cartoon Network version...

Comment

• <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I'll look for the videos online. But I wish it were still on T.V. Who was your favorite character? Mine had to be Ryoko.</span>

Comment

• db: Nope, just my awful horrible connection messed up the signup process. *sigh* I will try again, but do not get your hopes up.
                      Meep, Poot post. Er...look, it's two lines now!
                      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby:
                        Never really knew if Lee was a girl or guy, but I just kinda figured she was agirl. Are there even a whole lot of guys on the forums??
                        Does it honestly make much difference? As a rough gess, I would say maybe a third of the people here are male. The average member here is a teenage female. (This is where I incur the wrath of all members who aren't teenagers or males. I'd like to point to point that I am a) male (!) and b) 20 in three month's time ). I think it's to do with whole teenage-boys-don't-read-books thing.

Actually, I used to think that Lee was male. Everyone I'd met called Lee up to now was male. Hmm... maybe she should state it in her signatue? Just a thought.
                        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• What is it with boys that don't read books? Is it that unusual...? Now let's see... Yep. The majority of book readers at my school are female. I think only a few boys at my school read books. Ugg. I've seen Shane with a book by David Eddings and then Jo (or did I name him Mike?) with a David Eddings book in the Belgariad series. Hmm... Boys and David Eddings. Boys and David Eddings. Eh? Boys that read books read fat books. How's that? :P

Heh. Weird connection.

According to the avidgamers people, I should be able to work on my roleplay community today! Hopefully, hopefully. I'll go see now.
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Only 1 boy that I know reads these books. And I made my friend (who is a girl,) read them. So I think it's true, boys read thesse books less than girls.
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• I odn't know anyone in 'real life' who reads YW . (Hey, I think in italics and inverted commas... this isn't a good sign. I'll be using too many exclamation marks soon...) They are rather obscure in the UK, which I think is a shame. It's odd, though, because your sterotypical fantasy reader is a teneage bloke named Kevin... but as PTerry says, people say that as thought it's a bad thing. Teachers etc. always say getting teenage boys to read anything is to be lauded.
                              (With apologies to those who have read the second Discworld Companion)
                              "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Well, I got my brother and two friends hooked on the Young Wizards series. Other than that, I've never seen anyone from real life reading them.

Oh, oh! I'm so happy! I just got two Terry Pratchett books from a bookstore today. Yes, I love Terry Pratchett books, but no, I am not so much of a fan that I've read all of his books. Anyway, I got Sould Music and Hogfather. Are those two good?

Well, I'm still mad at the avidgamer buttheads. The free version still isn't out. I'm realy ecxited about having my own, though! I hope a lot of members from here will join. I know a few from real life will. Maybe my brother. Though he is a butthead. He quit the White Forest and Abroad. Rah rah rah. Seeing how everything is going at avidgamers, it lookslike I'll be able to snag a few members from the avidgamers own post boards and topics. And I love Admin powers! Full admin powers!!!

Multiple exclamation marks means a multiplely hyper Gryphon :P

(huh?)

Comment

Working...
                                X