No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know anybody else in real life who reads the books. It kinda snagged my eye in the library a few years back. Since then I've gotten my sister to read them. And I loaned my SYWTBAW copy to a boy in my class, but he left at the end of the year (I got my book back though) and I never got to get him onto the rest of the series.

So I don't know anybody else in real life who read the books with out me telling them to. hehe. Ha, nice raps. And Wilf, if you think you have weird life goals... haha. obviously you haven't heard any of mine. One of my best friends and my goals was to go around the board game Life 100 times...
    ------------------------------
    Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
    -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• I know far too many peeps in RL who read a lot, but none who've read the YW series, for some odd reason, except at Geek Camp. Folks who are in sixth through eighth grade, I suggest you try for the Johns Hopkins program; you get to meet a lot of peeps who like YW and similar books, and who have read all of the obscure books that are on bestseller lists that you really like but never meet anyone else who've read them.... (like YW, Artemis Fowl, the Enchanted Forest series, etc., etc., etc....)

re: discworld stuff: I've read the entire series, including the two children's books, except for Monstrous Regiment. And the hard-to-find illustrated stuff/comics/etc. Yay, me! (although this is partially because this is one of the few serieses for which I actually have RL friends who read it too).

Comment

• Rah rah rah.

There are too many things to click!!! But why can't I change the application for new members...? *click* *click* I'm clicking it, but it's not doing anything!

Rah rah rah.

Gryphon is getting stressed over this! But I have the community info done and I have one article in place. Or I think... Aug. I'm mad at this!!! Avidgamers1 was nice and easy to use... I wish I could use html!!!!! I tried to insert a picture, but the stupid whatever left my html tag as normal text on my article. Rah rah rah.
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Semi, have you read the Enchanted Forest Chronicles?? I loved those, but I only got my sister to read them. However, I do know quite a few people in real life who have read Artemis Fowl.

Right now I'm reading Eragon, by Christopher Paolini, anybody else read it??

Aww, poor Gryphon. It's causing you all sorts of problems isn't it?
          ------------------------------
          Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
          -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• Yeah, I've read the Enchanted Forest Series (arglefraster!). It's great. i'm still looking for the spinoffs, though. I've heard they were very funny. And something about a mystical frying pan of truth or something like that....

You know RL peeps who've read Artemis Fowl? Not fair! Not fair, I say!!

Eragon... I din like it that much. Had too many garystuisms, and less character development than I'm comfortable with, and more stock dialog than I'm comfortable with. Above all, it needed a bit more revising before was published, metinks.... although the story idea is okay.

Comment

• I've listened to the first and part of the second book in the Enchanted Forest Chronicles during a car trip. (Cassette) Pretty good, I guess. I have copies of all the books somewhere on my book shelf, just I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I dunno... They just seem too 'cute' for me. Heh. Probably won't guess it from Gryphon the cat, but I do like darker books better.

Artemis Fowl! I loved those books. :P I know a LOT of people who have read that. They good and pretty enjoyable, even if you're older.

Eragon. A younger friend said that that was great. I have a copy of that too, but again, I haven't read it. How old was the author? Something like 17. I haven't read it yet because it said 'book one' in the front. Ugg. I didn't feel like starting a series right away that I didn't have/couldn't get all of the books.

Okay, my roleplay community is up! Here's what you do to join:
              1) Go to http://vgdawn.avidgamers.com (no www's)
              2) Click on the link that says 'Log in/Join.'
              3) At the second box where it says 'Or, if you don't have an account...' fill out username and e-mail address. Then click 'create.'
              4) You should get an e-mail.
              5) After that, you can apply for a membership by clicking the link back at the front page.
              6) Say your username here and I'll accept!
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Umm... If all of that didn't work, try to post in the public forums. Tell me what you want your username to be and I'll make you a standalone account with a password. If you can't even post, tell me what you want your username to be. Oh! And please try to type a bit about your character's personality, appearence, history, and species. Thanks.

Please join!!!

Comment

• I joined an Skitty, you better accept me! I spent half an hour writing my Submition!

I'm kidding but hurry up and let me in!!!

Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Hah. Lucky I copied it. Avidgamers doesn't keep your application.

Diego:
                    Narxce
                    Necromancer
                    Narxce is tall, dark hair, and his eyes are bright red, like blood on fire. He doesn't

like to be angered, or questioned. He looks down at everyone. Probably by a right,

since he is a very powerful Necromancer. Able to enslave and tame all that confont

him and able to raise the dead and control Death.
                    Born from a slave, he never met his parent. After seeing his mother killed by

orders of the King, he decided that the King should be punished. He trained, and

went to were most are too coward to go. Five years later, he was an experienced

Mage but on one of his dark travels, he toppled on a dark book. It teached him of

Necromancy. After learning the art, he decided that he wanted to be a more

powerful necromancer, thus he went to the source of death itself. To were the

dead lie. He went straight to the fires of Hell. He changed there. The things he saw

there teached him how to tame and succesfully kill the dead, but it was also the

drop that spilled the water, for it unlocked the pure hatred that had been building

in his heart since he saw his mother die. He used that hatred as a power, and

became the most powerful necromancer. He did what none had done before. He

returned from the fires of Hell. But he had changed. His attitude had turned

ruthless. It made him lust death, unlike before when all he wanted was justice

and revenge.
                    In Salcur he learned about Kaladin, and went to him. There, Kaladin

adknowledged his power, and if possible, even feared it a little. That was why

Kaladin accepted his aid.

Thus Narxce became the right hand of Kaladin himself.

Uhoh. My notepad messed up the formatting.

Aug, here:

Diego:
                    Narxce
                    Necromancer
                    Narxce is tall, dark hair, and his eyes are bright red, like blood on fire. He doesn't like to be angered, or questioned. He looks down at everyone. Probably by a right, since he is a very powerful Necromancer. Able to enslave and tame all that confont him and able to raise the dead and control Death.
                    Born from a slave, he never met his parent. After seeing his mother killed by orders of the King, he decided that the King should be punished. He trained, and went to were most are too coward to go. Five years later, he was an experienced Mage but on one of his dark travels, he toppled on a dark book. It teached him of Necromancy. After learning the art, he decided that he wanted to be a more powerful necromancer, thus he went to the source of death itself. To were the dead lie. He went straight to the fires of Hell. He changed there. The things he saw there teached him how to tame and succesfully kill the dead, but it was also the drop that spilled the water, for it unlocked the pure hatred that had been building in his heart since he saw his mother die. He used that hatred as a power, and became the most powerful necromancer. He did what none had done before. He returned from the fires of Hell. But he had changed. His attitude had turned ruthless. It made him lust death, unlike before when all he wanted was justice and revenge.
                    In Salcur he learned about Kaladin, and went to him. There, Kaladin adknowledged his power, and if possible, even feared it a little. That was why Kaladin accepted his aid.

Thus Narxce became the right hand of Kaladin himself.

That works! Okay everyone! You join too. If you can't get it to work, e-mail me!!!

Comment

• Ugh. I'm not gonna read all this but HEY GUYS!!!!!!! I'm back!!!
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

• Hey!

Skitty: Your RPG recognized my admin powers. HAHAHA!! But...I can't get into the Member's Only are because it doesn't appear in the links. It's like I'm not a member, though in the upper prt of the page it says:

Dawn of the Conqueror's aAge (it's a link)
                        Admin (a link)

It recognizes that I'm an admin, yet it's like I'm not a member...
                        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Thanx for Pippins song Diego!
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "I could live

Comment

• You can't get to the Members Only page??? Not good! Uhh... What did I do? I think I gave you admin powers, but I didn't give you the ability to read what you're editing. Well, uhh. Ooops. I'll try to fix that.

Hah. Starletta: The goddess of the stars. Chracater Info: I'm a goddes with all that god/goddess stuff.

You're great, M.

Comment

• *bows* Thank Ya. I thought of using my morbid elf princess but decided to be something... different instead.
                              *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

• Hey I'm Zaria again. I know you guys love me so I made my same character. (JK )
                                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X