No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have got to pay attention to politics! I'm serious. Get involved in helping your community a little bit at least. Stay current. If you loose track of what's going around you, you'll be the one who is blindly pushed around. If you don't protect your rights, someone will take them from you. Know your rights and your powers!

Z:
    I just like Kerry because he's not Bush.
    I'm sad to say that's the only reason why I like Kerry and why he'll probably be our next president.

To bring in something new:

Actually, I can't think of anything new. Mep. I guess any time past nine is when I stop coming up with new ideas. Part of being tired and not getting enough sleep. Aug. Not enough sleep in summer? Pretty sad.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *hugs Calliope* That was so nice, what you said... thank you!

I agree about Kerry. I admire him for one particular stance, on abortion- he personally is opposed to it, but supports a woman's right to choose, which is fairly impressive if he sticks to it- but other than that I probably would have preferred someone else- Wesley Clark comes to mind. Any ex-general-- an army general-- who Michael Moore supports must be doing something right. However, in general and like (I suspect) much of the world, I think the next election will be based less on supporting one person for conviction than on getting Bush out of- or keeping him in- office. *shrugs* Almost anyone would be better.

I quite liked The eye of the World, partly because it was so long, but also I really liked Nynaeve (nine books later she's still my favourite character, although she loses it in about book six for a bit...) and Lan. But a warning: if you get into them, they books are long, the series is long- unless you give up you're committing to a LOT of reading. *shrugs* He's okay, though. Not utterly transfixingly brilliant, but okay.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I think that for the most part, abortion is wrong, but I can see how if you were raped or something you would want an abortion. I am currently reading a book called Don't Think Twice and it is about a girl named Anne and what she experiences in an unwed mother's home. There is a character in it named Gracie who is only thirteen or so who was raped by her father and I could understand if she wanted an abortion.
        ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• I don't know, that's kind of new to me. I've never really thought about that. It'd be odd though, it's like wasting a life a little bit. But then also it might be good in VC's scenarios.
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• I don't beliave in abortion at all. Think about it. You are killing some innocent cute little life that could have an impact on the world if it were still alive.
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• nitafan:
              I don't beliave in abortion at all. Think about it. You are killing some innocent cute little life that could have an impact on the world if it were still alive.
              I beleive in abortian. Women should have the right to choose about that. If there wasn't meant to be a child, it probably won't have such a great future. I know this sounds kinda sick, but if it's not even conscious yet, then you're not killing a person. Yes, it may have a world-changing future, but what's the chance of that? There are tons of people in the world already, possibly too many in some parts of the world. And people are pushing everything else out of existence causing extinction and destruction. And I don't think something should be saved because it's 'cute.'

Kerry:
              I admire him for one particular stance, on abortion- he personally is opposed to it, but supports a woman's right to choose, which is fairly impressive if he sticks to it.
              That's something good. Sacrifice an inner struggle for something that's right. Let other people choose for theirself.

Heyy!!! I found my dice.

I forgot I had so many. Let's see... I have 6 4-sided dice. Where's my black one...? One missing.
              18 six sided dice.
              7 eight sided.
              6 ten sided.
              6 twelve sided.
              7 20 sided.

But the green 4 sided doesn't look like mine. And I know that my black die didn't change colors.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Gryphon I too agree with you that abortian can be a good thing! but there is alot going wrong with it! Because with our level of tec! Lets face it fathers are not asked that question? why should a women have he right but not the man? Because what ever happens it effects the other person! I think once we have artifical wombs it will solve alot of probelms! I mean in the UK about two weeks ago there was a land mark case, a women who can't not have children had eggs at the hospital but because her ex partner said no she was told to distroy the eggs cause he fertilised them! that I feel was wrong! they took away this womens only chance of having her own children but I sort of see the mans point of view!! oh this is a bad subject to start up!!
                Fox
                God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Another reason people would want abortion is if their baby is deformed. I don't know what I would do if my kid was deformed. It would be hard to live with and truthfully I don't think I would like it. I mean, what would you do if your kid was ********?

Actually...now that I think about it, I probably would keep my kid. Cause at camp we all met this kid named Micheal, and he was so nice even though he had brain troubles. Sometimes some of the boys (and girls,) acted very stupid and I told him "Micheal do you know you're way smarter than some of the people here." He nodded and said yes. It got to the point where it would be funny because everyone in our group would stand up for him.

Comment

• Funny, PM, funny. The fruit. ^_^
                    Of course I'd keep my kid if he had problems. Love should transcend deformites, and I'd try to help him any way I could.
                    And as for the Bush/Kerry question I have no idea where I stand yet. Politics...
                    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

• But think about it, If you were raped, and you got pregnant, would you want to keep the child? The girl in my book was only thirteen and she was raped by her own father, if that happened to you, would you want to keep the baby?

But I don't think that abortion is right, because both women and men have a choice on wether they want a child or not. They have that choice when they choose to use birth control or not, and I don't think that the baby should have to pay for that mistake. In the book I was reading, the girls at the unwed mother's home talk about why they didn't get an abortion. And one girl said her parents wanted her to abort her baby, they said that she was lucky that she had that option. They told her that they had her out of wed lock and they would have aborted her if they could. So the girl said she didn't abort her baby because she felt as if she would be killing herself.
                      ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• This is a deep topic. Very deep. That'd be so weird to have a kid if you were 13. If that happened then I would probably do it. Having a baby could ruin your life for crying out loud!

Comment

• It practically did ruin her life. Y'all should read Don't Think Twice by Ruth Pennebaker, it's all about these kind of things, it's a very good book but it's very depressing

but it gave me a whole different perspective on these things.

Comment

• This is a very touchy subject. If that happened to me, I would probably keep the baby. Were they true storys, VC?
                            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                            **Neets**
                            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Very touchy...I don't really have anymore to say about it than that. I saw this girl at a fair or something and she had a kid and was smoking and stuff. It was kind of sad because she was very ugly from smoking, (You could tell she would've had the potential of being gorgeous but she was wrecked by tobbaco.) It was just odd to me how young she was and she'd had a kid.

Comment

• Hehe.

Inspired by Z's shoutbox post:

Gryphon *is mutilating PM's avatar on Paint.*

Adds highlights and shadows to PM's hair. Colors green shirt bright blue. Adds orange designs. Changes skin color. Adds black and white kitty. Uploads. :P

It's in PNG.

Comment

Working...
                                X