No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teatime! I love Mr. Teatime! Except I could never figure out what color his hair was...

Oh. Speaking of discworld, does the Luggage remind anyone else of Spot in a weird, backwards sort of way? It's the legs that does it for me, I think, but....

Oooh, I've never had a Spanish teacher. But my French teacher annoys me because she has a bad accent, and I used to have a perfect accent (I was told by all of my previous teachers, almost all of whom had been natives), but now I can't tell the difference any more. This frustrates semiramis. This frustrates semiramis very, very, very much. mweee.

Comment

• And remember, everyone- Te-AH-Tim-EH.

I never liked him. He scared me. >.< (Shutupshutupshutup, I'm a wimp.)

I thought that was ammusing.
      ... you wouldn't, if people said it to you on a regular (I mean, weekly) basis. You're right: you wouldn't think people would be that stupid.

Sadly, they are. Poor things. I'm sure it's not intentional.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Now that I think of it, the Luggage reminds me more of Ponch. Spot, though... Eh?

Hah. 'The Assassin's guild took pity on Mister Teatime because he lost his parents. Maybe they should have looked into that.'

I'll have to find out exactly how that's worded and post it here. But he was a really creepy character!

there are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who do not.
        -Semiaris' Signature
        Did you just add that? I've never noticed it!

Oh, less if I remember it... Isn't it something like 1=1, 11=3, 01=2? I have something backwards!!!
        And then 011=6? I do have something backwards, don't I?
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby:
          You may only see random spasmodic posting from me because I'm working in the crew for my school's musical (crazy for you) and I'll be pretty busy these next two weeks
          At last! Someone else who is invloved in the better side of theatrical productions! Which part of the crew are you with? I'm techie (especially lighting) person myself. I can sympathise big-time with the lack of time it leaves for work - I seemed to half of last term having no time whatsoever to do work. Fortunately, I have lectures where you (just) do the homework and take notes at the same time.

Personally, the Luggage doesn't remind me of anything in the book. I think it's because the Luggage doesn't talk, and is capable of being nasty. Ponch and Spot are generally (for want of better word) 'nice'.

Skitty: Yes you do have things back to front. The place-values increase from the *right*, not the left. So (in binary) 1101 is (1*1)+(0*2)+(1*4)+(1*8) = 13. Counting from one, binary runs 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110, 111, 1000, 1001... etc.
          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Talking about theatrical productions I went to see 'Women in black' last night and it was the best scary production I have ever seen!!!! If its in the U.S go see it. ok I'm done.
            See ya 2mrow
            Fox
            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Hi I'm baaack!!
              Can relate to theatrical ppl-- I'm working on the schools production of Fiddler on the Roof-- I'm the choreographer-- and I have barely time to breathe, let alone do work or....yes, post here. I'm on a school computer right now during technology class....shhhh!!

So I will be posting on and off between classes for a while....

--~*Peace out cub scout*~--
              ~*KsSk8er*~
              "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
              Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• Heh. My math teacher took a break from math class for a short bit and taught us that. Back-to-front, okay.

The last space is for 1, the second to last if for 2, the third to last is 4, fourth to last is 8, fith to last is 16 and so on. What do you notice? They're all powers of two! And if the last didget is 1, it's odd, 0 is even. Calculators and things like taht use the binary code to calculate things. I forgot how that worked, but our math teacher explained that also.

Oh, I'm tring to remember what my Spanish teacher did today. Heh. M, remember the Spanish homework? (Yes, I know you do! :P ) Well, that was an oral presentation, and if you didn't go yesterday, you went today. I was pushed to today.

But I can't think of what he said! I just know that it was really really cruel. And it wasn't directed towards me. Usually nothing is because, for the most part, I say nothing in Spanish class.

If you can't log into Dawn of the Conqueror's Age or any other avidgamers roleplay community, it's because AG2 is having problems. Lissa noticed it yesterday. Okay, so here's what the say about the situation:

----
                We're having some DNS problems related to the renewal of the avidgamers.com domain. The result seems to be that many people can't resolve the avidgamers.com domain at all, and thus can't access the site.

The problems are fixed, but due to the way DNS works, the updates will take up to 24 hours to propagate around the net. In the meantime, we provide some workarounds; please tell your friends:

The IP addresses are 69.93.123.186 for AG2 and 69.93.123.187 for AG1. Individual communities at AG2 can be reached through http://69.93.123.186/<community-name>/.

Since AG2 relies on the host name for many of its features, you won't be able to log in to an AG2 community unless your browser can resolve the domain name correctly. Read on for a description of a way to work around this problem in Windows:

To tell your browser the what the correct IP address for a hostname is, you can update your hosts file. It's in different locations based on which version of Windows you're using.

Windows 95/98/Me:
                c:\windows\hosts

Windows NT/2000/XP Pro:
                c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Windows XP Home
                c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open this file in notepad, and add the following lines:

69.93.123.186 ag2.avidgamers.com
                69.93.123.187 www.avidgamers.com

Then save the file, and you'll be able to log into both AG1 and AG2 as normal. To log into AG2 communities, you also have to add a line for each community:

69.93.123.186 community1.avidgamers.com
                69.93.123.186 community2.avidgamers.com
                69.93.123.186 communityX.avidgamers.com

... replacing "communityX" with the shortname of each community, of course.
                ----
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• At last! Someone else who is invloved in the better side of theatrical productions! Which part of the crew are you with?
                  That's so true. Crew=best company ever... I became an honorary crew member because my best friend was stage mnager and I had a bunch of friends doing lighting and costume. S'all good.

Binary? Meh.... I understand it, but I have to write out all the powers of two before I can actually _use_ it.

Comment

• I was student director for my sixth grade play because the director, my math teacher, thought I a) had asthetic taste and b) knew medieval bunk better than he/the other students did (we were doing Cinderella). But I've never had the time to do anything theatrical since--too busy with band >.<v.

Oooh, you're doing Fiddler on the Roof? There was this one kid in my English class in 7th grade who had some important role or another in that... he kept on singing that one song with a word that sounds like "mazeltofe" in it, except I'm positive it isn't spelled that way (and it sounded more Hebrew than that spelling looks). He kept on patting people on the head when he got to the "a blessing on your head" part.

*semiramis is being pointless today*

Comment

• Okay you guys today I locked myself out of my own house! I left my key inside the house and I didn't know where our spare key was so I was being frantic in our garage. But my brother gave me no respect he was like: You are so Stupid! How could you forget your key?!
                      So I knocked over our whole bike rack and made him pick it up. Then I went over to my brother's friends' house and used the phone there. And guess what?!
                      When my mom came to unlock the door there was no:
                      Yelling
                      Scolding
                      or Punishment!
                      penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• lol. Zats happened to me too Z. I'm very bad with keeping track of things such as keys, homework, pencils, my brain...
                        *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

• I used to do that so often that I now know exactly how to break into my own house....

My parents hate that. they think it makes our house unsafe, mwee.

Hello, mister evil-flesh-eating-anchovie. Welcome to Cafe Pamplemousse. My name is Daedalus, and I will be your waiter this evening. Our special today is Existantialism-frites. The soup is Cream of Geometry. Would you like something to drink?

Comment

• We don't have keys. In fact, I don't think even my parents have a key to our house. Oh, maybe Dad does. Apart from that, though, we just have the one, which we hide in a Secret Place so, on the very rare occasions we lock our door ("rare" as in maybe twice a year, plus if we go on holiday), we can get in. *shrugs* We're not real security conscious. OTOH, we've lived here around 12 or 13 years now and we've only ever been burgled twice- and both times we were away and the house was locked. And we live in a suburb with a bad reputation, too.

Comment

• Tee hee. I know how to break into my house too.... It's fun! I get to climb through a window.... Unfortunatly the window isn't high....
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• Heh. Of course the window is a lot more fun to climb through than the door...

I ate my cat. Cough cough.

Heh. My Spanish journal is something to laugh at. I meant I fed my cat. :P

Heh. The only times someone broke into your house were when you had it locked... Hah.

Comment

Working...
                                X