No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hay all. I am a friend of Erin's. You may have met her. I met her in various talk-abouts and became friends with her because of very simmilar intrests. I havn't gotten up the nerve to tell her but I also plan to go to MSSM, not to mention that I like Elizabethian Poetry and know much on that family. I me tErin in a Shakespear club...I thik thats spelt right...and she has told me all she knows about the Tudor family. On a really cool note, she is in the state's first Middle School/ Junior High leval National Spanis Honars Society and will be inducted this month. The coolest part being she gets to make a speach. Unlike everyone else, and I mean EVERYONE, she has made it to every meeting even if it ment missing Track and Field, one of the only sports she likes. Also, she got fifth place in the Tripple Jump, an activity for tall people...she is VERY short, out of everyone at the entire Track Meet. Well, got to go. I, like her, am grounded. I was late to school (we go to the same one) and my parents do not care for that. Plus, I got three B's on my last report card. I, also like Erin, have Aspergers and a good IQ so my parents expect much of me.

Oh, WIT, Erin told me to say hi and to tell everyone that is waiting for a piece on Elizabeth 1 of England or her family to e-mail her @ elizabeth1ofenglaqnd@yahoo.com from their e-mail.

Comment

• I must confess, I winced at the last post. read-a-lot, do us all a goodness and run your post through a spell-checker, like word, before you post it here.

I haven't posted in a while, though there's not much to say. Just finished my last final, in cell biology, which was, unamusingly, fairly difficult. Knowing the cycle cycle (which no doubt some of you do - G1, S, G2, M (pro, prometa, meta, ana, telophase)) is easy. Knowing the proteins that drive them and inhibitors and activators and specific actions are much harder. I would say at best I got a 70, with it being much more likely that I got something in the 40s. On the flip side, 40s is presumably a C+, so it's not that bad.

Guys suck :P. Most of them, at least, but there are a few good guys out there that are worth it all; keep looking. On a related note, Lindsay, do have fun . Prom...mm, it was fun, though I was seriously nervous at first.

Gryph: Prom. More pics .

I'm actually getting back into writing a bit; does anyone have a writing prompt (scene idea, character sketch, etc) that they'd like to see done? Short stories only, limited to at most 5 pages; any ideas?
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

• I GOT THE VIDEO OF SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL! *CHEERS* NOW I CAN WATCH MYSELF ON STAGE! which would be better if i didn't dislike my voice, like everyone on the planet dislikes theirs when they reallyu here it...BUT STILL! NOW ALL MY FRIENDS GET TO ENJOY WATCHING ME DIE ON STAGE! wait a minute...they're going to enjoy me dying on stage? what the heck kinda place IS THIS! *grins* couldn't resist that. and witht hat, i'm off for now...
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Happy Birthday Tuttle! Have a fantastic day on the 11th of May you funny geek turtle!
          Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

• HAPPY MOTHERSDAY!!!!!

(to all the mothers and such)
            its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• i had the worst weekend ever. I have asthma. And on Sat i was having an attack. i hate coffee and had to drink some, cause we ewre still waiting for the inhaler refill to be filled (but that wasn't so bad cause it was starbucks and had extra caramel). Well, it continued to act up and when we got home, I took a treatment off the machine. that failed to work and then I had to tell my mom that the meds. were out and i had thought i had more. all day sun. my mom was upset (poor mom...on mother's day and all). I nearly had to go to the hospital (which wouldn't have been cool with only two weeks of school left). then on mon., i missed school and couldn't do a proper treatment until three. I was sooooo, i don't know, just tired and achy and was really glad when I could take it, foget the nasty taste.

so it wasn't the best weekend. oh well. today's great cuase my mom might be getting the job she applied fr three months ago!!!!!! and the paper i thought was ue yesterday (and that the Eng. teacher said decided if you'd be asked back or not the next year) WASN'T due yesterday. it's not due til I apply fr my college classes. so I got to turn it in today!!!!!! nice good luck come-back.
              "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Poor Jwiz! I know indirectly what you're going through; my little sis has asthma and it's been acting up this past one-hand of days. Glad you're feeling better!
                "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• THnks i am...
                  ...or was til just a few minutes ago...I can't beleive PM died....I am seriosuly gonna cry...i thin I need starbucks...
                  "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• It's been an interesting week, you know? I mean, it's been tiring and sad an all, and yet the birds are still chirping outside and the sun is gorgeous, and the grass is green from a new rain, and the flowers are blooming and there is a fresh wind blowing, and I know that Peter will be OK.

Oh, and I say "week" because today is the Ascenion and we have off from school today and tomorrow, so, it's like the end of my week, anyway.

And I say interesting because on Saturday I felt sick (the whole nine yard -- cramps, headache, stomache oddly misplaced, lack of appetite) and then, on Sunday, I puked. Yup. And my mom was feeling sick too. Great mother's day, huh? And then her bed broke. Which is actually hardly surprising. And school was just tiring. And yet, it was a really good week.

I'm getting closer to my birthday!! (And so to graduation, and so to the spring recital - ACK which is next week!!)

Neesh...My friend and I are singing a duet...in front of the whole school...and parents....and I'm a shy person... and it needs a _lot_ of work...

But I think I'll be ok. There are worse things than public humiliation.

And I got the "Dark Waltz" sheet music!! *beams* I play it like ten times every day

And I had a piano recital.

And I did an oral report on Sarah Emma Edmonds (who is just so absolutely amazing that you should look her up and read about her. "Behind Rebel Lines" is a fictional bok about her, but it's pretty close to the truth, I found. And, it's a good read ! )

Also, I read possibly one of the most clever, if not the most clever book on the planet, "The Invention of Hugo Cabret" by Brian Selznick. Amazing. And the fourth Sisters Grimm book came out. So it's been a good week.

Well, despite all this, I'm still feeling a little depressed, so I think I'll go and listen to some Hayley Westenra. She makes me feel better, usually. you know, it's funny how you can feel so bad about someone who you've never met, much less known what he looked like except for a single photo and some little icons....

ahh well.
                    oh, and
                    <span class="ev_code_BLUE">HAPPY</span> belated <span class="ev_code_BLUE">MOTHER'S DAY!!!!</span>

*happy sigh* There, I feel better already!
                    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Jwiz, who did you say died? Can you give the persons full name?

Yesterday one girl at my church was yelling stuff about sentient bean burritos (do not ask me why) and another girl was discussing the scientific properties of chocolate with herself. (She reminded me of Carmela)
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Originally posted by kk:
                        Jwiz, who did you say died? Can you give the persons full name?
                        Peter Murray, one of the mods here. In any case, I haven't been on here in a long time... sorry about that.

So what's been going on with me? I've been obsessed with World of Warcraft, even though I don't play it... I just love the storyline and everything.

This is my senior year in high school, and I'm finishing up a bunch of my classes today... most of my friends are freshmen or sophomores, so I'm really upset that I'm not going to see a lot of them again.

This summer I'm going to community college (my class started already, it's "Graphics and Game Programming") and volunteering at the library. I'm going to continue at the community college in the fall, and then transfer to a liberal arts school around here in a year or two. They're about one class short of having the required classes for the Japanese translating class, so I'm going to see what I can do. I want to at least minor in Japanese... I want to do video game translating. I've seemed to hold onto my Spanish skills, which is good.

I've been doing a bit of writing, but not so much. I've spent a lot of time RPing... I just got into a great LiveJournal RP. It's a heck of a lot of fun.

Time seems to be passing me by too quickly. I remember my first day of high school... it's sad. I... I'm really gonna miss this place, I love it a lot. My last day is Wednesday, but we only have first hour on that day and then we leave. Monday is Senior Skip Day (the Physics classes go to Cedar Point (an amusement park in Ohio which isn't terribly far from here) and since there are a ton of seniors in those classes, it's not worth it for the seniors to come). Tuesday is going to be my last Japanese class here... I love my Japanese 1 friends. They're all so nice... *sniff*

I'll have lots of time to hang out, so I might be able to get here more often, hopefully.
                        "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                        "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

• One more week of school here... I have BOTH my college finals on monday: DAnce is at 8 and goes until 9:45 or something...and after that is my SL (Sign Language) final, which is seriously no big, cause the students practically make the tesT ( she has us bring in 4 or so Q's from each "unit" and then she takes them from each test and there's the final. And we are allowed to study the test everyone brought for three or so days..).
                          Tuseday is my HS finals for English (prt. 1), science, AND geom. (which had a test today which I gots a 100%! go me!!!). Then thursday is the Part 2 eng. final. Weds. us freshies have an ice dream party. Friday, the Juniors are doing dome movie skit thingy, in which us freshmen were involved in the filming... i can't believe we won't see any of our seniors again, not really...
                          OK, I have to go cause the bookstore is closing soon....

Comment

• I've been feeling sick pretty much all week. It's been pretty annoying. You see, I somehow mananged to have perfect attendance last year (and this year). So, I'm going for all four years because the school will give you a pass to King's Island or something nifty like that. So I'm just sitting in class, trying to stop the world from spinning every now and then.

Yes, I am a loser.

One more week of school. I'm almost positive that I'm exempt from all my finals. That's exciting stuff right there. I'm not that great of a test taker, so I'm somewhat final-phobic. I get stressed out really easily, and this year, teachers give a lot harder of tests than they did last year. I would collapse in a puddle of tears if I had to take my Honors Chemistry final. All that stuff goes in one ear and out the other. I loathe cumulative information.

I skipped homeroom today. Again. I went to the band room after choir to drop off my flute. I had my backpack and stuff, too, so I dumped all that by my chair and sat down in one of the two comfy chairs. To my surprise (or maybe not), I found that I couldn't (or simply wouldn't) get up. Mr. W said just to stay in there and not worry about homeroom. He then proceeded (whoa...is that spelled right? It doesn't look right...) to question me as to the state of my (lack of) love life. I'll paraphrase... "So...how long have you and T been...are you dating? Or...just friends?" I shrugged helplessly. "Somewhere in between?" he went on. "I guess. I really don't know anything," I said. "Ah. Well, I didn't know. Just wondering. I think you two are good together."

It was really weird. Though, it's kind of nice to know that a teacher cares enough about you to notice that sort of thing. And cares enough to get you out of homeroom...

We got yearbooks today. Exciting stuff. We got off 6th and 7th period so we could sign them. Some of you might laugh at me, but I was kind of hoping that T (my prom date) would write something...I don't know...special-ish...in my yearbook. But he didn't. Ah well.

*blink* I don't understand why people put those kind of words into songs. There's no need for that. There were about four bleeped out words in ten seconds.

Yesterday was the last choir and orchestra concert of the year. We didn't sing as terribly as I thought we would, but it certainly wasn't perfect. T stayed the whole day with me. I was pretty happy about that. I did have a dramatic trip-and-almost-fall-flat-on-my-face moment because of the extreme length of my dress, but only about five people saw (and laughed). Well, anyway. Before the concert, I hung out the band room for a while, watching people play scrabble. That was interesting. Mr. W decided that I had to call the people who signed up for color guard but didn't give him an e-mail address to tell them that there is going to be a meeting next week. I'm somewhat phobic of calling people, so...let's just say it wasn't easy for me to do that today. XD

I think I need to play a duet with my friend at one of our concerts. Well, one of my friends. Or a trio! My friend D and I will go through my duet book and sight read music during break and after school. She plays flute, too. Then E and I played through some the other day. That was really fun. E plays violin.

I'm going to be a Junior! Sophomore year absolutely flew by. I'm kind of sad, though. Two of my best friends (one my very best) are moving during the summer, and all my senior buddies are going off to college. There are about ten that I'm really going to miss. S, a Senior alto in choir, started crying after our concert last night. That made me think of how much I'm going to miss the Seniors.

Before I get all depressed all over again, I'll share a funny little story. So, one of my friends threw a going away party for both A and B...(hah...funny. A and B.) I decided that I wanted to play "It's All Coming Back to Me" by Celine Dion. I got some weird looks, but it was okay 'cause EVERYBODY knew it. Some of us were on the dance floor dramatically acting it out and singing loudly. When it got to the really high parts, I was the only one singing. I got clapped for. Anyway, somebody said, "Angel, you're MY American Idol!" and then somebody else said, "I'd vote for you any day!" and then, "I'd vote for you EVERY day!" It was so funny. I'm pretty sure I was bright red.

I'll drastically switch topics now, as I do that frequently anyway. Just this time, I've given a warning. I feel like I should say something about PM, but I think I've already said all that I can. And other people have said more than I ever could, and have stated things better than I ever could.
                            <3
                            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• So. In this skit that I'm in for this group program thing that I'm in, I'm a football player. For anyone who's seen me, you know that I am a very skinny female-not at all built like a football player. And in this skit, I am in a fight with M, who's playing a thug. He even has a grill. It's awesome, except for the part where he keeps picking me up when we're practicing it. XD I love M, in a friend way; after all, how can you not love a guy who has a fake grill with "diamonds" in it? It's very hard to practice, however, if the guy won't let me down! But there's a set of football pads sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor; they aren't mine. They're this other guy's, C. C kept picking me up too. What is with guys and picking me up today? What, all of the suden I put on a pair of football pads and I'm the hottest thing in the room? Maybe I should just walk around in football pads all the time, it seems to attract the guys. I'm joking, of course. It's just really weird. But I have so much fun with the people in that program, both guys (especially guys!) and girls. I'm so sad that in a few weeks, it'll all be over. But it's ok, since I'll hang out with them after the program's over, anyway. We can all drive; it doesn't matter that we live all over the city and all over the suburbs.

I can't wait until school is over; I just want junior year to be over; actually, I want senior year to be over as well. Everyone says high school is so much better than middle school; everyone is right. But in reality, while high school's better than middle school, it also sucks, and I'm told college is so much better than high school. The grass is always greener, and all that stuff.

So, I'm eating a chocolate cross left over from Easter, and it's really hard chocolate. I feel like I'm like...moving my teeth or something.

...Cedar Point is awesome. It'd be even awesomer if I liked rollar coasters at all. I haven't been since 8th grade, but still...it's just a fun place, you know? Even if you hate rollar coasters. Don't think I'm ever going back; it's quite a drive from here.

I ALMOST wish my school's prom was for juniors and seniors; all my friends from other schools have junior/senior proms at their schools, and if they don't, they're going to another school's prom with their girlfriend or boyfriend. Notice that I said I ALMOST, because while I'm all left out when it comes to talking about prom, I don't have to deal with buying a dress, getting my hair done, finding shoes that I can walk in that have a heel, and the biggest problem of all, finding a date. On the other hand, with everyone else going to prom this year, it's really hard not to worry that I won't get a date to my own prom. That would really stink. But it's ok; if I get really desperate, I'll make V, J, or maybe even M go with me. Be fun; J knows how to dance, so he can make me look good. I'll worry about it next year...

I'm kind of trying to kill time until my school's rock orchestra concert; there's really nothing to do right now. I mean, I'm eating chocolate that's breaking my teeth...guess I should go; I just remembered that I have to drive my siblings, who just started screaming outside my doorway, since my brother apparently just scared my sister. Sheesh...we have 2 bathrooms for a reason! XD Guess I'm out; hopefully they'll stop screaming before they get in my car.

Comment

• I don't know why, but it makes me happy to see that there are so many long posts on this page of Topic of Great Randomness. Eeeee

So, last weekend was my birthday. Mother's day. It also happened to be the day before the AP Biology exam, which ended up being ridiculously easy. The class was so hard; we were overprepared. That's a good thing. After spring break hit, people talked about crying themselves to sleep, which I could almost believe. Over spring break, we were assigned 20 essays, and every school day following, we were giving four more. That was in prep for the AP exam. And the week before the exam itself, she was giving out full length practice tests too. So people started freaking out -- when did we have time to _study_? In the end, I only have one practice exam and one essay that I have to turn in late because I spent the entire day before the exam studying. From the time I woke up, w/ breaks in between only to sleep -- that actually helps you study. XD It was impressive. I got through an entire review book in one day -- but had a lot more hours of studying done before that. So, I'm really hoping for that five, and it looks like I may have actually gotten it. I hope so.

The rest of the week... wow. I can't believe PM passed away... it was like... I thought he was in the hospital, but it was nothing much, and he'd be out pretty soon. Not... this...

But man. We've been through enough of this. I want to talk about something happier.

Well, tonight I'm going to a friend's party. I haven't had a life in a while -- yeah, I blame the exams. The past two weekends have been full of studying

actually, I have to go now. more later! Much love
                                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                                X