No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *pokes Mel* Looks like you're too smart for your own good. Algebra 2. Pah. *sticks tongue out* (That's what I'm in now, as a sophomore, and it's supposedly a junior class at my school...hah.) *huggles* Nah, I'm just kidding. I just wish we had the opportunity to take higher classes earlier at my school.

You know what's kinda funny though? Okay, you may not find it funny...but I chipped my tooth like, a week ago. And it was one that I had previously chipped and had fixed when I was in second grade. Anyway, I got it all fixed up 'n now it's fine, 'cept for it's been hurting, and my dentist said that I might need a root canal. Which isn't all good, but that's why there's a "might" there.

Ah! So, now I have like, twenty minutes to write a one page paper on the Vietnam War. Darn myself for procrastination! Except...it's not procrastination, 'cause it hasn't *technically* been assigned yet. So, darn my trying to be overprepared!
    <3
    the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• *wanders in, and this time doesn't even try to catch up on what she's missed*
      Re-reading W@W, getting into this series by Tamora Pierce, and generally having my nose in a book 95% of the time is what I've been doing since I last posted in here. Not to mention that I'm probably gifted, and am anything but nervous about getting tested for it. I may be a little over-confident about it, but...

Meh. I'm busy writing stories that will never see the light of day for the 5% of the time that I'm not reading. My perfect world would involve a lot of reading and writing, but some things it would involve make me want to scrub my brain every time I think of it-
      I LOST THE GAME!
      Bwahahahahaha. Aaaanywaaay.... Damn my raging hormones. So frelling confusing... Must go to bed, my control of English is deteriorating rapidly...
      *falls asleep and turns into a kitty*
      "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
      Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

• Long time, no see outside of chat, Mousey.

Mondays suck, especially when the two days before that Monday also sucked. I have a total of five projects/essays due today-tomorrow. Bio project, Spanish project, English essay, Health project, Scripture project. Why does every teacher decide that they need to load us down with huge improtant assignments at the same time?

Nnnhh. I'm barely awake, and that's not good. Ten minutes of Scripture might well finish me off. I think I stayed up too late reading The Amber Spyglass last night. I'm only 1/3 of the way through, but such excitement already. I got it Saturday, when my wonderful mother drove me and my sister to B&N. I ended up finishing The Subtle Knife by Sunday morning, before I tried to chip a path through my mountain of homework before volleyball practice. I'm likely gonna throw something across the gym in a couple practices, if what my mom says is true: that parents are having second thoughts about our off-season tournament that we picked up because we weren't signed up for one that we should have been signed up for (if that makes any sense at all). We're already pulling two or three girls from another team, and if anyone else can't go then the team shan't go at all. It's so damn infuriating.

Strange how thoughts flow from one to another to another, covering so many different topics in one paragraph.

On a lighter note...I get to go with my sister and our friends MC and Erin to the premier of Pirates 3! It's the last day of finals, too, so that'll be a nice relief. I think we have about 20 or so days of school left--about the equivalent of five or six weeks. It's kinda creepy, how soon the year seems to have ended. Ah, well...back to reading.
        I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• *looks up at mouseys room, grabs kitty, and runs towards dragon game with it before thinking better and putting it back* *Grins* just couldn't think of a better start. *Shrugs* *looks up* wow...through ALL of sunday there was only ONE post out of this topic, and it was only THREE letters....*thinks of things to say* well, schools are kinda stupid...i HAPPEN to fall backwards while feeling nautious and next thing i know everyone's panicking, sending me home in a cab, and going on about how i told them i have symptoms which i KNOW i don't have! bright side is a got stay home the next day, downnsdies is i'm missing work on the group project, where HALF the members are useless, and one of the only two that DO things, other then me, didn't show those days either! we did NOT get anything done with me gone, i'm guessing...
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Dai all

Man, its has been a while since i have been here. Ive been away for a few months. I had a few problems to work through, but that's overwith.

Now I hate to darken the mood here but i was just hopeing that for everyone who reads this post that you could give minute or so of silence for the victims of the Virginia Tech shooting. With now 33 confirmed dead it is the worst school shooting in US history. What realy scares me is that i live about half an hour away from Virginia Tech and i know some people who go there and a lot more who have relitives. It is very scarey to sit here and wonder if in a few days i meet a friend only to find out there siblings dead. So for all the greaving parents, siblings or friends out there i ask you just give a mintue or so to feel for them.
            Okay. On a brighter note. Im doing a book report on Winkie by Cliford Chase. This book is funney, depressing, and life changing and i highly sugest you pick it up. Oh and my birthdays in 12 days and for a present my dad got me tickets to the Flaming Lips concert this thursday *10000000000!!!!!!!

Whell now i got to go finish up this little english report so Dai y'all.*waves*
            (\__/) "Be amazing"
            (+'.'+)
            (")_(")

Comment

• I am so tired...it's like...I don't even know what it's like anymore. It's just being tired. You can tell I'm tired because I can't come up with anything to compare being tired to. Track was really hard today, we had a very hard workout and I hurt my knee about halfway through. School was really long today too, since it's the first day back from break. I'm just...tired. I don't want to move, or do homework, or read, or do anything. Just sit here and listen to the music. Maybe even turn off the music, since I've kind of got a headache.

I'm still having trouble with my friend. She sent me a postcard from Florida over break, saying we should hang out when she got back. However, at school today, she pretty much ignored me. I kind of wish I'd switched chemistry classes in the beginning of the year so I was in her class; then I'd get more of a chance to talk to her, and maybe she wouldn't be...I don't even know what to call what she's doing to me. I blame swim team. She was ok before she joined it, and now that she hangs out with them all the time, she just is not very nice.

On the plus side, I had a good dinner tonight. Very good potatoes, and other food as well. (I'm trying to look on the positive side right now, since being tired tends to make me very pessimistic.) And I mean, last Friday was a good day, since I saw one of my guy friends from another school at a track meet; that was fun. And we still have good food in the house left from Easter, with like...a cabinet full of chocolate rabbits and stuff. It's seriously awesome...so much chocolate...oy. Maybe too much chocolate. Can you ever have too much chocolate? The world will never know.

Comment

• Firstly, sorry about ranting guys, it was.... I was just sort of angry at him right then. Very angry. It was a bad day, *shoulder shrug*

Jesus, this Virginia Tech thing....It's really, really scary to think....I wonder what was with this guy? Jeez, I sort of half pity him, half loathe him. Mostly loathe, though. Screw the pity now. That's just...abominable...it's just...aarg! I just don't know sometimes...

phhhh

Ok, subject change. In two days, we perform our play for the first time (yay!) You know, it's such a good thing that I have incredible foresight, haha. I learned and fixed up these songs sheetmusic wise for shorter versions or slower versions, in one case even adding an alternate ending ( Start of Something New Reprise ) and it's a good thing too because at dress rehearsal yesterday, she told me she wanted me to play like three songs on stage. phh Maybe it's scary that I know her so well...

MMph.. You know what I really want to see? Chicago. I've been meaning to rent it for the past....year, actually. I keep seeing dances and stuff randomly on TV, and it only resparks my interest (hehe, I was just watching Dancing With the Stars. Yes, I have no life). It sounds really cool, and the songs are sort of catchy, in a dark way. I love the costumes, I love the hair, I love the dancing- In short, I love the theater!

Tell me this isn't insane: We have two performances on Tuesday during the day. We have one on Friday at night. Our history teacher decides we have a test on Friday. Mind you, it isn't very hard, but seriously, if he thinks that 90% of the class's mind is gonna be on that test and not frazzled with excitement, he's lost his mind! These teachers....*shakes head*

Ok, I'll admit, it's not that bad, it's just that I don't want to do bad on that test because I can't focus and I don't want to do bad in the play because I didn't know my lines because I had spent too much time over history so that's all I could think about. Ok, I'm over-reacting...breaathe....breeeeathe.....

*cough*

Angel....*huggles* It actually was sort of funny (I have a pretty good sense of humor) until, at least, I got to the root canal. Yeesh! Good luck to you with that, and keep us posted!! *huggles again*

Aight, I need my sleep. I have another important rehearsal tomorrow, then it's off to the races!! G'night!!

EDIT:
                Hungry:
                Maybe too much chocolate. Can you ever have too much chocolate? The world will never know.
                You know, it's sort of funny, but me and my friend were having this conversation...several times this week. We have decided:
                1. You can never, ever have too much chocolate, even when you're sick from it
                2. She was insane when she was younger (she didn't like chocolate, especially by itself. She couldn't eat just regular Hershey bars. It had to have almonds or something in to to counteract the chocolate. Weeeeeird. )
                3. No girl, under any circumstances, should ever be seperated from her chocolate.

...I'm really gonna miss her next year...

but anyways

Alright, noow I'm going to bed. Later Days!
                just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So excited. So insanely excited. So...insane. SQUEE.

I've been bouncing off the walls since Saturday as some members here know. I'm being so excited. It's amazing.

I don't have enough time to write up a full post here, but need to post before I explode.

FIRST team, first regional: Chairman's award!!!!!! Only the highest award at a regional level. Awesome. That was done last year at the same regional which is just awesome too.

Second regional: WE WON?! Awesome. We even beat the team which has won that regional ever year in its excistance (8 past years) awesome. Oh and we got some other award there too.

Championships: WE GET TO CHOOSE AN ALLIANCE! We're an alliance captain which we haven't been like at all for the past few years. So we go up through the division. AND WIN?! We made it to Einstein. Amazing...What we won there too?! *is in shock*

2007 FIRST Team 190:
                  World Champions!!!!!
                  Newton Division Winners!!!
                  BAE Regional Chairman's Award Winners!!
                  Silicon Valley Regional Champions!!
                  Silicon Valley Regional Motorola Quality Award

...just a bit excited as you can guess...

SQUEEE.
                  We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• Just a warning. Now I've got an official license.

God, there are days I love Making Light.
                    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• congrats on your lisense its good to hear some good news somewhere

O-M-G... its so cold over where i am at, its been raining all day and im soaked though and thogh, i cannt even feel my toes. why does it have to be soo cold???
                      its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• So...can't sleep right now. Yay. I'm exhausted, but I can't fall asleep. How much sense does that make? Absolutely none. About as much sense as when Sean asked me if I'm going to school tomorrow. Tomorrow happens to be Saturday. Oh well.

School just stinks right now...I'm annoyed. It's the end of the year, so I just kind of don't want to work anymore, but really, now is when I should be working more than ever before. I'm also annoyed with my track coach, because I just don't feel like he's as...encouraging?...when I'm running as he is whne other runners are running. For example, before this season, M. always beat me in every race. However, I started practicing really hard, and now I'm beating M. in races and work-outs all the time. However, during the 2 mile at Wednesday's meet, Coach was just not cheering or encouraging at all. I mean, he is to everyone else-I heard him telling M. "Go get Seabiscuit! She's RIGHT there! You can beat her!" However, he never said a word to me, even when I was practically dying on the finish line. I'm just hurt, because I'm working so hard, and he's not responding to it at all! He's not even giving me a chance; just because during freshmen and sophomore years of track I stunk at running is no reason to think I'm still like that! It's VERY annoying.

On the plus side, tomorrow I get to see 2 of the guys I like-yes, I like 2 guys right now. It's very confusing, and I really don't recomend it, since I'm almost positive that one of them definitely doesn't like me, while the other I'm not sure about at all. Just...annoying.

Speaking of guys, I had to write a poem for journalim, and I wrote a Shakespearian sonnet about E., the guy from Nerd Camp. Suddenly, everyone in my class is just asking about him. It's like they're obsessed with my non-existant lovelife! It's just strange, since I really don't normally talk to people in that class, since we're all pretty much quiet during class. I hadn't expected to have to read the poem out loud; no one else had to, but my teacher was all like "Hey, why don't you read it?" And you don't really say no to my journalism teacher about that kind of thing; otherwise, he'll read it out loud, and that's even worse.

I got a new hoodie today. I'm happy, since I haven't gotten a new one since 9th grade, and now I'm almost in 12th grade. It's nuts.

I just realized that I had a lot of good food today; it's kind of weird the things you think about at midnight. Seriously though, the food was very good. The sandwich was good, the apple was good, the mac'n'cheese was good. Just good food.

So random...did you know that tomorrow is Rome's birthday? I forget how old it is, but it's of course pretty old. So Happy Birthday Rome!

Comment

• I don't like Saturdays. I was woken up by what turned out to be an ant on my shoulder, and then I couldn't go back to sleep. So I stood in the upstairs hallway and read one of my sister's books for about an hour (if she knew, she'd probably shoot me), and then went downstairs and lay on the couch until the sun came up, and altered between times of pretend-sleeping and real sleeping before finally becoming fully awake at around nine. That half-hour or so on the couch was torture, for me anyway. When the sun rose all I could see was the sky turning paler blue, and felt really sad and longing. If things had turned out better, I'd have woken up in another city for a huge volleyball tournament, but we're "not a traveling team" and all that crap, and even another chance to go was thwarted because parents were having second thoughts. Anyway, I longed to feel the cool dampness of dawn, hear cars drive by on the street and in the parking lot, smell that special hotel-room smell, and be having fun with my teammates. As you can probably tell, volleyball means a lot to me, and I'd give almost anything for us to be there this weekend through Monday.

I had toast for breakfast (which is a miracle in itself, since I rarely feel like eating toast): one piece with grape jelly (which we need more of), and one piece with a layer of Cool-Whip on top. Yummy.

Yesterday at school was really pointless, because a good third of the school was missing. There'd been a threat written on a wall at a nearby school of another Columbine, which had most people freaked out. So our school and that school increased security, and nothing happened. My emptiest class had about 12 people in it, and my fullest had two missing.

Speaking of school, I should really try to make some headway into my homework, but I don't want to, so I ain't gonna.

Later y'all.
                          I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• AHH!!! The past three days have been SO amazing!!!!!

Two plays on Thurday that sucked.

One yesterday that was amazing!

One today that rocked and another in 4 hours!! AAHHH! And it's being taped and then cast party!! AHHH!!! And it was so amazing today and so I really reallllly relally hope (and think) that it will be amazing tonight 'cause it's SOLD OUT!! So was yesterday!! It's crazy and I'm so happy and I don't know what I'm doing sitting here!!!

AHH! Gotta do something cool!!!!
                            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Randomness is... fun...

There's a little black-and-white furbaby on my bed. She's staring at the wall. I wonder what she's thinking...
                              Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• First time to post here.

School's not too great for me either, especially as THE TEST has begun. You know, the ever-changing standardized tests... blecghk. Talk about boring, or pointless. Luckily today was Language Arts, which I did OK at. I didn't study at all, I didn't even know the date I was even doing it!

Long rant about cheap pencils:

Even the pencils were bad quality.(Papermate is SO cheap. Ticonderoga rules!) You know those pink erasers that smear more than erase? They gave us those kind. It irks me. Horrible! Whenever I went outside those babbling bubbles, I had to erase it and it always made more of a smear. It's aggrivating. There are perfectly good erasers they could use! The only requirement about those pencils is that they're No. 2, and that's graphite softness. No, the gov is cheap and so the schools they sponsor are cheap and the pencils and curricula are cheap. Not that it's all their fault... *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X