No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyew. I hate those erasers. I always used to bring one of those white Staedtler Mars Plastic erasers with me when I was stuck filling in bubbles. Much cleaner.

Then, when I was in college, and doing a technical drawing class, I found out that it came in a retractable stick eraser... oooooo.....

I know it's only a little weird, but I love wandering through office supply & stationery stores.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Well, library internet is back, so so am i! MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! don't know WHY that's such a bad thing, but i'm sure one or two (whistles innocently and muffles the screems of all the others i DID get) can think of some reason or another...*GRINS* *releasese them in some nice dimension that won't have computers for another few minutes) SHakespeare festival RULES! as does the shakespear club, particularly when you get to miss school to go to the first, due to being in the second, WITH your english teacher. *Grins* the sad news is, i had to get killed during the act, and i'm afraid the guy who does it enjoys it just a Liiiiiitle bit too much for my comfort! *grins* and that's about all i got for now...*shrugs* *grins* *Goes off to post*
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Hola. I feel a little crushed because the AP exams are looming. It's like impending doom in the form of paper and tiny black print.

Woahhh, kli if those are the erasers that I'm thinking of, they are amazing. :O I lost mine. They're great for art too.

New members: welcome

Now I have to go study
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• We just filled out our AP answer sheet things-you know, the part you can do ahead of time. Funny thing about that...before class I'd got a humongous paper cut on my right thumb from my Latin notebook. Well...guess who bled all over her AP form and had to do it again? Also, I'm like the slowest person ever at filling in all those little bubbles for my name and address and stuff. So I had to do it twice for one test. Urg.

The track meet today was so rainy and wet...I'm just glad it was a home meet, so we had a locker room to hide in between races. The other team just had to sit out in the stands. When their buses got there, I saw some of them run faster than they had in their races to get to the bus. It was funny. Despite the horribly cold and wet weather, we creamed them-93 to 30-something. I'm still cold, but it's ok, since Mom just brought up a cup of hot chocolate. I love my mom-seriously.

Chipotle...yumm...I ate my free burrito from yesterday today, since I didn't get the chance to eat it yesterday since we went out to eat and I got a hamburger. Anyway, yes, free burrito. My local Chipotle decided to give free burritos to anyone who goes to my school. It was massive...we went during track (and skipped the work-out Don't tell Coach) and waited 20 minutes, and still didn't get in the door. So...we did the bad thing. We each found someone we knew near the front of the line, and "cut" them. Lucky for me, some freshmen from Latin were like right there, and since I am queen of my Latin class (seriously! It's so funny) they let me in front of them. Yes, I know it was bad...but sometimes you just have to be bad, you know? And at least I only went once, and I went after school-I know people who went 4 times-twice during school, and twice after. They're nuts, by the way. That's a lot of Chipotle.

I suppose I should go do my homework...but I'm not going to. I'm going out with the rest of the track team to celebrate one of my friend's 17th birthday. Fun stuff. XD Adios!

Comment

• Thanks for the welcome, Gryphon.

Hehe... So I'm reading all this and I'm thinking... thank goodness I'm not in school anymore! Okay, sometimes I miss it, but SATs and ACTs? Hell no. :P
            Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

• I have no more SAT tests!!!!1
              It is such a relief, i swear. ANd our evil prncipal, who my friend nicknamed Hitler (lomg story), said if we did well, we would have a party.
              but I know that the teachers had to suggest it and ask again and again for it. Cause one told me so. But we have a half a hour of class to attend. Some people got AVID. I got free period! Soooooo cool. Lucky me. i got to go soon. to the party that is!
              "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Originally posted by kli6:
                I know it's only a little weird, but I love wandering through office supply & stationery stores.
                Yes! I'm not the only one who loves to do that! It can be really comforting, and you find all sorts of semi-useful stuff. I heart those erasers, too, and the clicky one I have is my friend.

Soo, I tooked an ERB test today. Drop-dead boring stuff, that. It sorta sinks one into a stupor of bubbling, taking a break, shouting of instructions over a mic by the counselor, and so on and so forth. The only good thing is that we got out an hour ahead of the rest of the school. Oh, and they gave each person one of those pillow-peppermints, the kind that melt in your mouth.

Our track team went to district yesterday. I'm not sure what we qualified for state in, but my friend K's a runner and she didn't make it. C made it, and she's part of the team relay, or whatever it's called. I feel so ignorant about track, and Sea'll probably correct me. Ah well.

Heh. I have songs from a live Garth Brooks CD on my iPod, and I was listening to the long version of "The Thunder Rolls". Funny how the crowd gets louder when he sings the third verse:

"She runs back down the hallway
                and through the bedroom door
                She reaches for the pistol
                kept in the dresser drawer.

And tells the lady in the mirror,
                'He won't do this again',
                'cause tonight will be the last time
                she'll wonder where he's been."

*puts on patronizing voice* Violence is not the answer, my friends. High-tech laser systems that separate the house into two parts--now that is the solution.

Have fun at prom tonight, Gryph!
                I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• hehehe. I like that answer, Marina.
                  i bought my mom two Garth Brooks CD's fro christmas...I am not sure she's even listened to them. She prefers to listen to Sugarland, which she bought for herself. *Grins* she can be sooo funny sometimes. (won't get into it)
                  Anyways, today we, that is, the whole 60 freshmen in our school, walked from Delta to U.O.P, or Pacific as I guess they go by now. Then we walked with a tour guide person around campus. if yo pick one of those roses there, they fine you $50. And then there's these pillars where if you stand in the center and say something at a pillar, you can hear it echo! it was funny; my friend Jordan said "i like pie", then said "I like - No, I HATE pie!!!" it was sooo funny at the time. Then the teacher told her too stop being silly, which, after a year, you'd think she would know that she WASN'T being silly. That's her being normal. XD
                  Then we ate lunch in the cafeteria there, which was some pretty awesome food, had a lecture on why we should go to UOP, went to the pharmacy center (our guys there were soooooooo hilarious), went to the business center to hear why we shoudl get a MBA, then got a quick tour of the dorms (the guys were soooo stupid when we walked by these girls' room *rolls eyes*) and walked back.
                  And i just want to go anywhere but home. it is soooo disfunctional lately. Like, my dad; he yelled at me cause he had to wait, like, half a minute or so for me to walk to the car from the buildings. So then he said he was never picking me up again. He is, but now he's says he's not gonna talk to me. nice, huh?
                  My friend and me are gonna buy Prom tickets tomorrow. our school consits of about 250 kids...all together. So they have to sell tickets to all classes. my older half sister has tens dresses, one or two which she NEVER wore, and is gonna let me borrow one. It is gonna be on the ferry. it sounds sooo fun. THis weekend, I have to go to Mickey Grove for some SL e.c. and then tomorrow I have the video tape recording for our sign conversation. my friend/partner refuses to practice, so today while walking around, i practiced my side of the conversation. I tols a story about how i saw these puppies behind my dad's work and later he found the one i sooo desperatly wanted choking on plastic and brought it home for me.
                  i hsould go now. if he has to wait again he'll just use it as an excuse not to pick me up and that he was right.
                  "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

• Have you ever had something you've just really wanted, and you know it'd be bad in the end if you actually got it, but you still want it anyway? And besides the fact that it's bad for you, you also know that it's not possible to have it? You probably can guess-I'm not really talking about a thing here, I'm talking about...of course...a guy. I never get the guy. Never ever. My friends call my life a bad soap opera; the guys are there, they act like they may want to be something other than friends...and then poof. You learn that they only want you so they can copy your homework, or so you can give them input on how they did at track, or other stuff like that. It's really really frusterating. Also, I think I should just stop watching Grey's Anatomy, because there? Yeah, the girls always get the guys. Yes, I know it's a tv show about adults, and I'm a 16 11/12 year old girl. But still. It's annoying, and I'm seriously sick of it.

On the plus side, tomorrow is Friday. Friday is a good day-I can go home from school and sleep on Friday because I don't have anymore track. No more track! Can't decide if I'm happy or sad about this, but for now, I'm happy, because I get to sleep. Yesterday, I beat my personal best in the 2 mile, which was great-I dropped 5 seconds, going from 13:56 to a 13:51. Still not very fast (the best girl on my team runs a 12:something 2 mile, which is just amazing) but still...it's faster than it was. And that's really good!

I think I'm losing my best friend, which just...sucks. It sucks. There also seems to be nothing I can do about it-I've certainly tried, these past few months...but nothing's working. And I really don't want to lose my friend...but I'm getting the feeling that she's gone. And it's not fair. It's just not fair! But do I really want to be friends with someone who doesn't want to be friends with me? Yes, we've been friends for 9 years, and it seems like this is just a stupid way to end...with her just sort of stopping talking to me. Today I used part of my birthday present from her last year-she got me a giftcard to this local gas station that we used to get slushies from when we used to walk home together, before I got my driver's license. I shouldn't have used it-it made me think too much. I should have just paid in cash, despite the fact that it's a full giftcard that basically is giving me 16 free slushies.

Why am I even typing this? It's not like anyone cares; my parents don't care, my other friends don't care...it just hurts that no one can help me get my friend back, and I really want her back, but I can't get her back.

Ok. I can't end the post like this-it'll make me depressed next time I see it. Happy...what about life is happy. Ummm...my car works. That's good. I have a house to live in-even better. Next week there's another new Grey's Anatomy (except I just realized that I shouldn't watch it, since it's the night before the AP Euro test. Shoot.) There's only 26 days left of school. I'm going to see a college I like a lot over the weekend. My parents aren't yelling at me about grades (then again, they've been too busy to really even say much to me lately.)

Comment

• heh... I know how you feel about the guys issue, hungry. I've recently had a (well, what can be described in relation to me) huge crush on a guy from the Medieval Society at uni. It seemed to me that he did like me back, but I couldn't find the courage to bring up the topic with him, as he was always discussing other girls that he liked with me, which put doubts in my mind as to whether he did like me or not. But he did flirt with me, and now he's going out with one of my other friends from MedSoc. Its, I guess, kind of annoying, because, while he's more than happy to still be friends with me, it means that they're always hanging out with each other at events, whereas (when he was single) I used to be included... *sigh*.

I care, Hungry. I know what its like to lose a friend because she stopped talking to you... It has happened to me... three times, I think, with the same girl. We were practically inseperable, and then she just stopped talking to me one day. To this day, I don't know what I did, but it took a year and a half before she started talking to me again. I know you've probably already thought of this, but have you tried asking her what's wrong? I'm guessing that you have, but, yeah... maybe it just needs time.

*many huggles*

Comment

• *huggles hungry* I care, too. HJek, I'm writing this with one hand 'cause my nose is bleeding. I don't just do that for fun, eh?

Hmm.. my ankle hurts...I'm thinking
                        I maybe sprained it or something. It hurts to bend it or walk. I mean, I can walk, and run, and even dance on it (yesterday we had a dance. Heh, my friend know the whole "Girlfriend" dance ) But it's weird. Suggestions?

Oh, and I'm addicted to Bleak House. The movie thingy, and the book. Actually, the book is kind of hilarious. Dickens is amazing. Seriously, who else would describe a sofa as "a lame invalid of a sofa"?

Eef. Today was interesting. I drove in the car for two hours with my dad to go to the beach (my brother was there;he went there after his prom and needed to be picked up). We got there, drove around, went to the beach for all of five minutes (I got to stick my feet in the water for about five seconds. It was freezin,g but it was heaven. Oh, yes!) We picked him up, grabbed a bite to eat at Micky D'S , then drove home again. I had to pee the entire two hours.

But's it's ok. It was worth it.
                        My feet were happy in the sand
                        My eyes rejoiced in the sky
                        My hair blew gaily in the wind
                        And
                        My Heart
                        My Soul
                        were one with the ocean....
                        just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• I hope you'll forgive me if I don't read anything before this. I really should be studying for my chem test, or maybe my world civ quiz...but I fail miserably at doing anything that I should.

I GOT ASKED TO PROM.

*twirls* Aaaand, I can show you my dress. Clicky.

Prom is Friday. He asked me this past Friday. I had to do some major shopping over the weekend. I'm sooo incredibly excited, though. However, whenever I tell people who I'm going with, I get weird looks. He's the tuba player in the band. Not the epitome of hotness, but a nice, good person. And smart, too.

Before mummy dearest decides that I don't need the computer anymore, I'll bid you adieu.

Edit: *snuggles Hungry* I'm sorry... Guys can be so upsetting, and problems in friendships are the worst.
                          <3
                          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• Angel! I luffle your dress-even though it is pink! So pretty-I'd wear it, if it wasn't pink. (Can you tell what my least favorite color is? :P) Have fun at prom! *starts worrying that she'll never get a date for her prom, even though it's a year away, then calms down because she realizes that it's a year away*

Nothing positive's really happened lately; everything's the same between me and my friend, and me and the guys. No changes whatsoever. I'm trying to block it all out, since I've just got so much to do with school, it's ridiculous. Too much stuff going on, and none of its good stuff, which really stinks.

On the plus side, after this week, I will be through with AP tests for the year. And on Saturday, I get to see the guys again, which'll be fun, even if they do only seem to like me as a friend.

Oh! And I found the college I want to go to (or at least, one I really want to go to; not sure if it's the one, but hey...I really like it. ) Only problem is that it's the only school I've looked at so far that I'd be worried I wouldn't be able to get into. My counselor at school and my mom both seem to think that I've got a chance, but...I just don't know. I don't want to get my hopes up because obviously...I hate seeing them fall. I guess I just really don't like rejection. Also, it's the school that sponsored a camp I tried to get into this summer, and I got wait-listed for, and then rejected from. It's just hard, because then I start thinking "If I wasn't good enough to get into their camp (run by the English department, which is what I think I might want to major in), then why would they let me in their college?" Bad thoughts. I like the school. The school (meaning the admissions person for my area of the country) seems to like me. It's all good. It'll be good.

Today was so sunny...it was hard to work at school. After school, I walked to my minivan, and almost wished I still had to walk the 2 miles home, since it was so nice out. Almost. Then I realized that I can just do my homework outside, and drive home with the windows open and listening to strange music loudly. This whole driving thing in the summer, without having the heating up full blast...could totally get used to that. I can't wait for summer break!

Comment

• guys are stupid. even the nerdy ones are. I guess it's their stupidness that attracts us to them. I'm realy sorry ,sea. I know how you feel. and the friend thing *rolls eyes*. been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and threw it away . me and my best friend of forever stopped being friends because I believed in something she didn't.
                              nobody likes rejection. I know I don't. but the great thing about rejection is that it makes us stronger. and don't stress about it too much. you'll break out XD. I know you'll get in there, but keep looking just in case. you may find something better. *hugs sea* don't worry.

Comment

• Oh mannn.... I'm home now, relaxing, because we got to leave early if you had an AP exam in the morning. I took AP Calculus AB, and you have no idea how good it feels to have that monster done. Sweet bliss. I think I passed.

The other day, there was this rumor about a cute asian substitute in the latin class, but when I walked by, I couldn't see him. I feel cheated. XD More cute subs are a good thing.

Marina: Thanks! Prom was fun I was pleased that no one else had a dress like mine and everyone had something good to say about it (a moment of pride). D even called over one of his guy friends to check out my dress. XD Spent the night at my friend's house, having an interseting time.

Today is a... sticky day. The hummidity of summer is getting closer; I've been agonizing all winter that I've forgotten how oppressive the heat can be. But I still love summer like I love air.

*hugs hungry*

Mel, I'm with you; nose bleeds suck. I just tell myself that it could be worse; it could be brains or spinal fluid coming out of my nose.

I almost forgot! Last friday, we went to a theme park and had a crazy time. XD Whenever we waited around, I pulled out a graphic pen, and M drew all over me. This one guy who was colorful from tattoos said, "you have more tattoos than I do!" By the end of the day, I had so many that it was impressive, and M was like, "if this roller coaster brakes, you'll be okay because at least one of those religions will save you --" I had two crosses, one upside down, a gothic heart and star, two Muslim cresent and stars, and the star of David. I was all set for whatever apocalypse was gonna hit. We were going to add the buddhist one, but it was a backwards swastika, and we didn't remember which way the nazi one went so... yeah, I'd rather not have warped symbols on my arm. ><

*hugs angel!* Yayyy

I went to prom with friends and danced with the single girls.

Hungry: try for it. *hugs* You're amazing.
                                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                                X