No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things are going good over here...*cheers* i might be going to washington dc as a kind of vacation, and my one remaining ferret is doing good....*cheers* and...well, i think that's about all that's going on with me. *looks sheepish* i mostly just wanted to talk about the trip....
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• *Takes long, deep breath* Just got back from vacation in New Hampshire.... We go to Portsmouth every year, and stay in the Courtyard by Marriott. And the hotel, the one I've never been able to find one that's better than it, got even better since last year. Now it has 32" LCD screens in every room, new beds, electronic temperature control system, re-done bathroom and sink area thing, refrigerator, microwave, and a safe (which, as a joke, I was very careful to put my mouth hygiene items in every second I wasn't using them ) and granite counter tops.... And the price hasn't gone up, which is AWESOME! We've gone to New Hampshire for four years in a row now. However the first year we stayed at a Comfort Inn, which was so-so. However a few years before, once on our way back from a trip to Maine, our travels back were talking longer than expected, so we stayed at this Courtyard for a night to break up the trip. The second year we stayed in Portsmouth, we returned to the Courtyard, and since that year (2005), we've gone there for Summer vacation.

Enough about the hotel.... I went with the same friend I went with last year. And that friend, twice now, almost didn't go with us... I suppose I'll go with the explanation.

Here's a key for the friends, as I don't want to say my friend's names: Friend 1 is my best friend, the one who I said to in Spring 2006 that we'd take to New Hampshire with us. Friend 2 is the other friend who ended up going with us two years in a row.

So, yeah, Spring 2006 I tell Friend 1 that we'll definitely take him to New Hampshire with us and we'll go to Water Country. We always wait until the last minute before we make travel plans, because with my dad traveling once every couple weeks for a few days for his job, we're uncertain when we'll be able to go. So one day we make the reservations at the Courtyard (like I said before, our usual, and this was before the renovations I mentioned before) the day before we're going to leave. So I call Friend 1's mom's house. No answer. I call Friend 1's dad's house. No answer. I call his mom's house again, still no answer, so leave a message saying we have plans and we wanted him to go. I call his dad's house, same thing. I call each house again a few hours later, and call his mom's cell phone, but I don't leave a message on it. Then it came to be four or five in the evening (again, the evening before we're leaving), and I call Friend 2. Friend 2 says it's OK and we're all set with him.

The morning we're leaving, we're packing, and I was missing a car charger for one of my electronic devices that I remembered bringing to Friend 1's recently. So I call Friend 1 and ask him the question (he says he doesn't have it) and says "So, what about New Hampshire? When are we leaving?" So I say, "Uuumm... you weren't calling back, I left messages at each house and called your mom's cell phone, and called both houses and the cell phone at least twice... what more could I have done? If I waited much longer I wouldn't have been able to take any friends at all." So Friend 1 gets all upset, and tells his mom, who calls back, and starts giving my mom grief, and then she demanded to talk to me, and she scolds me for not leaving a message on her cell phone, otherwise she "would have been sure to make something be able to happen". Then she says to my mom that we should take both Friend 1 and Friend 2, and that wasn't going to happen, because of space in the car and bed space in the hotel. So we frantically promise we'll take Friend 1 next (well, actually this, 2007) year. The trip with Friend 2 turned out excellent; in fact we stayed two extra nights, we were having such a good time.

So, come around Spring 2007, Friend 1 starts making hints about New Hampshire this summer, and that I have to make sure he goes. We wait kind of until the last minute, but not really, because we made reservations one week ahead of time, and that was plenty of time to plan with Friend 1. We call up and there's a problem. Friend 1's birthday is in August, and we thought it was the week after we got home. However it was actually the Friday we were planning to be gone (Today, actually, because we had to slightly adjust our plans for Friend 2's needs). Friend 1's unsure whether he wants to go, because he's never spent his birthday with his family, etc. He takes a long time to decide whether he wants to go with us or to stay, because we wanted to know ahead of time so we could either do an entirely different vacation because we've been going to Portsmouth for so many years we might want to try something different. Then he gets picky; he then says he'll only go if we specifically plan to go to Water Country on Friday. So then we have to wait longer so we'll be sure that the weather forecast is accurate. It predicted it to be cooler and have plenty of clouds and a chance of thunderstorms and showers in the afternoon, so there was no way we'd be standing there, freezing, at Water Country (and possibly even being rained out of it completely). This was Monday, the day before we were going to leave. My mom called up Friend 1's mom and tells her the weather was going to be bad that day, and it gets decided that Friend 1's not coming with us.

Now backtracking a little... when I was talking about the time we went to the beach earlier in this topic, with my mom and one of her friends, and also a friend of mine, we asked that friend's mom if my friend would be able to go with us, but they already had plans to go camping that week. And we decided that my fourth friend may not really be interested in the trip, and if he did go, he'd be bored. So we called Friend 2 again. He couldn't stay Friday night because he and his family are driving down to Virginia for vacation early Saturday (at the time I'm writing this, tomorrow) morning. We ask if we could leave Tuesday, to compensate for the lost Friday night, and he can't do that, because he was having a big party on Tuesday night (which I ended up going to, more about that later). So we call the hotel and move our reservation back one night, replacing the Thursday and Friday nights with Wednesday and Thursday nights. And we leave with Friend 2.

Now that that story is over, I'll talk about the trip itself. So, yeah, we ended up taking Friend 2 for a second year in a row. It was a bit complicated trying to fit in five night's worth of events in to two nights.... But we went to our two favorite restaurants for dinner, and went to the local Ihop for breakfast the first day because it was fast so we'd have more time at Water Country (description of that later), and we had breakfast on Friday (today) at the Friendly Toast, which is an EXTREMELY good breakfast/lunch place there. Its atmosphere is like that from the eighties (well according to my parents, I wasn't alive then ), with a bunch of decorations on the walls from that time. The ceiling is painted a darker red, and the seats at the booths are a bright red, and they're plastic-like feeling. The tiles are black, red, and white, and the tables have the plastic-like feeling on the chairs, and the big rivets holding the fabric on.... Wow, I just went off in to a big description, that bothers me sometimes, because sometimes I lose my train of thought.... And after that we went to the Little Timbers Nature Store, and they have Bonsais, and I get one every year, kill it, and get another the next time we go there. Let's see, before this one I had two. The first one (I got in 2004, I don't remember much about it) I think I just forgot about, so it got dehydrated and died, and the second one (I got that in 2005) was doing really well, because I watered it every day and we got some Bonsai fertilizer, which helped a lot, too. But then... the heat was turned on (Cue scary, wicked music), which killed it in two weeks. Poor thing, it was SO cute! Then last year, my dad said it was pointless to get one, and that it'd only die because I forgot to water it anyway, so I didn't get one last year. But this year I said to myself and my parents that I'd be sure to water and check it every single day, so we got another one. Also while we were there we asked the lady working there a bunch of questions, and basically you put it in a sunny window in the winter, because Bonsais don't like artificial heat. Also we got a different type of Bonsai. I had been getting Junipers, which we told the lady, and she said they're probably the hardest to keep alive in the winter. She recommended two other types. The first one I don't remember what it was called, but they didn't have any of that kind, so I got a cute little Arboricola Bonsai, which is what she recommended second. We have one of those, and it's probably three feet wide and about two and a half feet tall, but my mom hardly does anything to it, just make sure it's well watered and pick dead leaves off of it, and it's always healthy and happy. We went home then.

And I said I'd talk about Water Country... like last year, my parents just laid around the spot near the wave pool that we got, and went down the lazy river once with Friend 2 and I, and went in the wave pool while Friend 2 and I were off doing the water slides alone, otherwise they did nothing. Friend 2 and I did almost all the rides. They have a few areas where there are two kinds of different slides going down from the same stairs, but some of them we could only do one slide out of the two or three, because we got there kind of late, but later my dad did a few with us. By the time it got later in the evening, the water felt almost hot, because the air temperature had dropped so much. We'd get out of the water and be FREEZING. Then we left Water Country at closing time. But overall, friend 2 and I had an excellent time there.

OK slightly different thinking, now. When we were in the pool at the hotel the Thursday evening, I stated to my friend that it'd be neat if I went with them to Virginia. I said I wasn't asking to go, and that I knew it'd make things really complicated, and it was a ten hour drive to Virginia with just their van and space would be limited. However a while after he got home he asked his mom about it, and called me about a half hour after I got home (actually, shortly after I started typing this message) and said that I could go with them. His mom was saying I'd need six houtfits, two bathing suits, beach towel, etc. and a few second later I heard Friend 2's brother getting upset because he kind of didn't want me to go, so I told my friend that I heard what his brother was saying, and that it's OK, it's too short notice and it's a lot harder to fit everything in the van if I go, and just said that they don't have to take me on vacation at all, and if they do ever want to they can wait until it's easier for them, when we're not going as far or for quite as long. So Friend 2 and I left it at that, and I told him to have a good time away. Then ten minutes later (I was still typing this message ) Friend 2 calls back and says that they talked about it as a family and they all agreed it was fine for me to come, and that the brother wanted to talk to me. The brother apologized to me and said they wanted me to come, and it'd be fine, but I said no again, it's too short notice and a bit too complicated, and whenever they were traveling somewhere closer and maybe not quite as long that they could call me then, when it was easier for them. So that's where we left it.

I think there was one more thing before that I said I'd talk about later... I'll make the post and look it over to make sure everything's worded so it's not confusing and that every thing's there.

Phew... that was a very long post. I think that that's longer than the longest ones I've made in the philosophy and world changing thread!
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Oh my gosh I love Water Country! Sadly I haven't been there in a while but it is so much fun. Next time you come up to New Hampshire try going to Canobie Lake Park. It's somewhat a smaller version of Six Flags, and some of the rides aren't as "thrilling". Still, it's a nice place to go when you're on vacation.

Actually, I just went there the other day with my bball girls, and they have some new rides there. Check it out next time you come up and tell me about it!!
        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• OMG! OMG! *Starts running in circles at latest excitement*

So some of you may remember the fire that happened at the neighbor's house a few weeks ago, or a month, right? Well now there were five police cars going down my road!

Well there was this celebration near us where there were a bunch of, like, big bowls floating in a river, and they put wood in the bowls and lit them, and there were a lot of people at the river watching this. We decided to take our neighbor with us because we haven't seen her in a LOOOOONG time. So on the way back from the celebration, we're riding home, and half way down our road we hear sirens. Police sirens, not firetruck sirens like last time, or ambulance sirens, but police sirens. Then from over the hill in back of us coming from the main road, I see flashing lights, and I say "Mom, get off the road, they're coming at us FAST." So we pull over, and this black old truck comes bombing over the hill, going (NO LIES!) fifty miles an hour down our little, one-lane, curvy, freshly-graveled road! FIFTY! And the cop was right on its tail with the siren going. So we just sit there for like a minute taking in what just happened, and we say to our neighbor, "So you wanna stay with us for a while, and drive back towards our house and see what happened?" She says sure, and we start driving. A minute later, another police car comes rushing behind us, we pull over again, and it goes by. We're almost to my house, and a third one comes down! So we get to my house and another neighbor had called my dad, and they were talking on the phone wondering what happened, so we tell them about the truck, the chase, etc. Then we see a fourth car come down, lights flashing, down the road again. So we're listening for sirens, outside, and we call the other neighbor back (my dad said he'd be right back with them when they were talking before and he was getting his gun, but he forgot in all the excitement). We talk with them a bit more, and tell them what happened. And then my mom, dad, our neighbor who was still with us, and I are sitting out on the porch, listening for noise, and a fifth police car comes down. The other neighbor, who we were still on the phone with, said that this car had a dog, and the person in the truck must have gotten out and ran. Heck, for all we know this creep could be in my back hard! So if I don't post or do anything ever again, you'll know that this maniac did something to kill me.... I doubt that'll happen, five cars of cops and a dog, I'm sure the idiot will get caught.... So anyway, things get boring and we take our neighbor home. My dad and I did. We stopped and talked with the neighbors who we had been on the phone with (they were standing at the end of their driveway the whole time with two other neighbors) and then headlights come, so we start to drive away slowly, and it appears to be a Jeep that's coming, and it stops and was talking with the other neighbors at the end of their driveway. We thought that the speeding maniac wouldn't stop to talk, so we kept driving towards the first neighbor's house. We helped her lock the doors and windows of her house (she's alone tonight; her sons are at their dad's) and drive back home. The four neighbors are still at the end of their driveway, so we ask who it was that had stopped to talk to them after we did. They said it was a couple of people from the local fire department, going back to see the police and see what was going on. They asked the police if they were blocking the exits out of the road (there are many small roads that mine branches in to, and there are about five exits from my road, which would need to be blocked) and the police said yes, every thing's fine, but by the way they said it you could tell they really did NOT have the exits blocked. The neighbors said that while we were at the other neighbor's that one police car had left the road, probably to block some exits.

And that was the last we heard of any activities. Having a whole side of the house all windows, we have a good view of a long stretch of the road, maybe five hundred feet, so we can see for a long time cars that go in or out, and still we haven't seen any cars go out yet, or any more come in.

Phew.... I can't stand living on this road anymore! Now I'm really not going to ride my bike beyond our driveway anymore!

Okay, now I'm going to (try) and get some sleep, but I probably won't be able to with some creep running around loose in the woods (or, loose as far as we can tell, it seems that way since they brought a dog in). *Looks behind shoulder out wall of windows and in to garden, scared, expecting to see some creepy face staring back up at me*

I'll update you guys tomorrow (although I highly doubt you're all sitting at the edges of your seats, concerned, waiting for an update). Hey, I wonder if the neighbors are still standing at the end of their driveway....
          "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Hey everybody, I want to do something different for my sixteenth birthday, does anyone have any ideas?? I wanted to go to the beach for a weekend but I have a doggy, and we can't bring him with us. *sigh*
            Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
            Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Of course we worry, Eric! Though I think you'll be ok. I used to live in a _very_ bad neighborhood. The SWAT team was on my block in the few years that I can recollect there ( I lived there until I was about 7), there were always lots of car accidents, and there was a lot of hatred. But I had some of my best memories there. But if I'm (miraculously) alive, I think you'll be ok as well.

In other news...we visited my grandparents on some island in New Jersey, and I got a "pink tan" as I call it, very sweaty, some very fine pictures of the bay, and went on my first fishing bout evar. It was a big party boat, and it was the first time I had ever been so far into the ocean, where you can hardly see any land. Tori, I bet that's so familiar it's boring, but God, it was something I'll never forget, it was so beautiful and wonderful! It was pretty choppy out, apparently, and there were some pretty big swells. They wouldn't let people onto the stern for a long while, until it calmed down or we stopped and fished. I'm very proud of myself. I only nicked myself twice when messing with the fishing hook (and even then, not so bad, especially when compared to my past...one I had a hook lodged pretty deepin my finger. _That_ hurt!) and I wasn't even squemish baiting. Of course, itr wasn't nice when I couldn't get the fish off the hook and nearly ripped its head off, or how an eyeball is still on the hook, but, hey. What can you do, eh?

But it was bad fishing. Not even a nibble for me, though I was robbed once. It was funny, I think the combination of my very tired ness (I got hardly any sleep the night before, and had to wake up at 6 when I'm used to 10), my first time being on a boat, and the abnormally large swells made me feel like I was still on the waves. I didn't recover my land legs until the next morning. But, I didn't get seasick, apparently I've got the genes, and nobody gets sick on either side of my family, so this land lubber (who already loves the sea with a mad passion) loves the ocean more and more! As dear Jacky says, I'm Tonda Lay-O, Queen of the Ocean Seas!

So, all in all, the trip was swell! Hahahaarharhar

So now, it's time to hit the sack, then off again I go to _another_ beach tomorrow for a week.

*huggles*

Dai, guys!
              just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• Well as of right now we really don't know much of what happened....

However the neighbor who was in the car with us, who came to our house for a while to observe traffic (police cruisers, mostly) left her chair in our car, so yesterday we brought it back to her. She told us that before she went to sleep at about twelve thirty she saw a flat-bed tow truck go up the road, and then it woke her up when it came back past her house with that... that... truck on the back of it, and a police car following right behind it. She didn't see any more police cars go back out the road, though. For all we know they could all be stuck in the swamp that's way back there....

So we REALLY want to take our ATVs back there to look around, see skid marks, wrecked trees, disturbed swamps, etc. but they're all broken. My mom's needs a starter, the carburetor on my dad's leaks gas when it's running, (Mom's and Dad's are both Yamahas... I don't like Yamahas after these and my old Yamaha that never started, either....) and on my ol'reliable Kawasaki the chain is loose and slipping, but for some reason my dad can't get the chain to tighten back up... something's wrong with it back there. Our neighbors have a... um... what is it... oh, yeah! They have a Kubota RTV 900, it's a utility vehicle, like a big ATV with a bench seat (so three people can sit in it), and we'll call them today to see if they'd like to ride out with us in that to look around.

That's all I have to say for now. Dai everyone!

Comment

• Um, Eric, can't you get in trouble for interfering in police investigation? I mean, riding ATVs to have your own little investigation of a police chase, seems like there could be possible problems with police that are still back there...*ducks as she realizes she probably shouldn't have said anything*

Well, my sister started school today. Poor thing Heehee, she has to wake up at 6 now; I've been waking up at 6 for a few weeks now (started a morning exercise ritual and don't really like it yet) and now she has to join in the torment It was kinda cute this morning, she looked out the window at the very dark early morning and said "Aren't people supposed to sleep when it's dark?" That's a thought I've often wondered myself...
                  "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                  Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• My grandma visited yesterday. She took me to the bookstore. I didn't necessarily want any books, but I always jump on the opportunity to get out of the house, especially when my mom is home. I spent ten minutes wandering aimlessly around Barnes and Nobles and eventually found the young adult section -- practically where I had started, and... all in a neat row with their glossy, black spines, I saw those books which tugged at my heart just a little.

I'll give you three guesses which series it was. If you fail, I will slap you. But anyway, I'm wayyyy overdue to reread these beauties -- and everyone knows it. So, if I had time to read one and only one out of the entire series, which would you suggest?

Last night, we sprawled out on our neighbor's hill and stared at the sky. Demon child mentioned pain and then stretched her full 60 something pounds out on my stomach. She is a malicious little ten year old. Eventually, she left, and just the four of us remained. I watched the clouds and the stars and saw a few meteors. Very few. I was staring at this one cloud which used to be a totem pole and then had become a leg of a monster and was currently a wolf upside-down... and... the wolf pooped a meteor. XD I was laughing so hard. XD No one else saw the wolf, so... but it just tells you what you already knew about me. I'm ridiculously immature, and that was hilarious. XD

It was nice. Laying supine in the grass (with grass in my hair and down my pants and up my shirt, all for three different reasons... but the bottom line is, I have crazy friends) with the night air and stars in the sky. The rare meteor (supposed to be a meteor shower, but I guess we didn't stay out late enough). My friend and I were snuggling a little and he'd poke my nose, and I'd mumble something. And... he kissed me.
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhi:
                      Um, Eric, can't you get in trouble for interfering in police investigation? I mean, riding ATVs to have your own little investigation of a police chase, seems like there could be possible problems with police that are still back there...*ducks as she realizes she probably shouldn't have said anything*
                      Why would we get in to trouble? If we hadn't moved at the road, that idiot would have smashed right in to us (not to mention probably total my mom's car, which is of course very dear to me and her) and there were half a dozen police cars zooming down the road, and a tow truck, so I believe we have the right to drive down and look at the scene of the crime. Besides, we live on this road, so we have the right to know why there are multiple police cars racing past our house and this truck being chased by them all, right?

Sorry, I didn't mean to jump on you like that, but it really is kind of scary and besides, our neighbors and us are the very nosy types.

Comment

• Demon child mentioned pain and then stretched her full 60 something pounds out on my stomach. She is a malicious little ten year old.
                        Oy. I _wish_ the almost-10-year-old only weighed 60 pounds... heck, I wish the almost-8-year-old only weighed 60 pounds. :-) It would make it a lot easier to carry them to bed when they fall asleep in ours...
                        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• I'm just trying to enjoy the little true summer I have left (just tomorrow) until marching band starts. After that it is probably going to be the 3 longest weeks of my life (during the second week it starts at 8am and doesn't end until 9pm! Oh well, at least it should be fun. I hope everyone else here is having a great summer too!!!!
                          Dai, everyone!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryph:
                            ... all in a neat row with their glossy, black spines, I saw those books which tugged at my heart just a little...But anyway, I'm wayyyy overdue to reread these beauties -- and everyone knows it. So, if I had time to read one and only one out of the entire series, which would you suggest?
                            That's a tough one. I'd suggest SYWTBAW or W@W, but those are my favorites.

I've been a member of the school's JV volleyball team for one whole week now. Our first official game is tomorrow, and I sincerely hope that we do better than we did in our scrimmages last week. There's twelve of us: six sophomores and six fishies, one of them being the brattiest snob I've ever met. But there's nothing I can do about it. We got our uniforms today; last year's Varsity uniforms, since they got spiffy new ones this year. I think the new ones are Asics, which is the best brand. The freshman and JV teams have Kaepa.

I tried to see the meteor shower last night, but if one can't spot the said meteors, that kinda defeats the purpose. I set the alarm on my watch to go off at one in the AM for nothing.

Poor Garrett. Six to eight years ago my dad would have sympathized with you, having to haul my sister and me upstairs when we fell asleep in the car and they didn't have the heart to wake us up.

I guess that's it...not very interesting, or much worth reading (in my opinion), but life's not very interesting at the moment, or much worth hearing about. I'll go ice my ankle and maybe finish the crossword puzzle, though I probably ought to read Dorian Gray, the summer reading that I have six more days to finish.
                            I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Finally back from vacation, and I have got the weirdest sunburn...Mom was "dumb" (in my opinion, anyway) and bought spray on sunscreen. I don't know about anyone else, but when I saw it I was like "I'm so going to miss something and have weird shaped sunburn because of this." Guess what? My right thigh has these weird shaped red splotches on it now, because, of course, I missed that area! I love vacation. The beach was amazing, and I felt so relaxed for once...we even got to a bookstore so I could by Eclipse (yep, I read those books.:P) All in all, a good vacation. Until the ride home, when we stopped at an Arby's for dinner, since we ran out of sandwiches around 2 o'clock (we eat a lot in the car.) Ummm...I'm still feeling that Arby's 2 days later. I just feel so unhealthy and sluggish. Therefore, I'm eliminating yet another restaurant from the list of places I will eat. *sigh* It's going to be hard to find food on car trips now, if I'm getting so picky that I won't eat McDonalds, Burger King, or Arby's.

Why is the Arby's still bothering me? Probably because at the first cross country practice this morning, I did horrible. (Well, everyone did horrible-it was too hot for anyone to do well.) But it was horrible for me-it took me more time to run 2.5 miles than it does to run 3.1 miles! Yes, it's the first practice, but...I've been running all summer! I just don't get it...so I'm a bit frustrated. And I'm achy. Not a good combination.

I really do love cross country though; I'm so glad to be back around my friends and be able to refer to our injokes and all the stuff that comes with belonging to a team. Did I mention my sister's also running? Not too thrilled about that for a few reasons, but oh well. It's just...running is my thing. I got away from her during it in previous years; she used orchestra as an excuse to get away from me. I love my sister, but isn't it nice to have something that's YOURS, that your siblings won't touch? I'd never even consider trying orchestra (don't remind me of the fact that I don't have the right type of wrists to play a stringed instrument.) But I'm happy that I can see my friends again.

I have a huge new beach towel. It's huge and blue. I'm a big girl (5 ft 11 in) and love blue, so this is a perfect towel for me. I've never actually seen a towel this big before. It's amazing. I kind of just want to go sit out on the grass in the backyard, just to have an excuse to use it. Big blue beach towel...XD

marina salem:
                              I tried to see the meteor shower last night, but if one can't spot the said meteors, that kinda defeats the purpose. I set the alarm on my watch to go off at one in the AM for nothing.
                              I feel your pain. In 6th grade, I actually managed to see a metetor shower; it was really cool, except right before I went inside, there was this really freaky green flash of light across the sky. Every time I've gotten up to see a meteor shower since then, I've missed it. Oh well...

Comment

• My life hasn't been too entirely exciting as of late though I did get a lesson on ethics and such from my dad the other night. Lately I've been busying spending time with family or on HP sites *Cries*. So I've only gotten a chance to speaking with peole on AIM mostly (or the occasional MSN peep - you know who you are).

All in all, I've not been doing too much than spending insane amounts of time with families. My baby sister won queen of her division in this pageant she went to. Five years old and beat nine other girls in that div! I'm kinda proud of her... if she didn't fart on me all day. --; She looks like a princess, smells like an ogre.

So on another account, I'm making my own website since my oldest RPing site has failed me. Harry Potter has been a love of mine since I was six and though I love YW's world better, I RP in JK's world slightly better. (Probably because I've been RPing in it so long.) Also, I'll be going back up to college on the 20th! School starts for me on the 27th. I need to workout more. Lol.

I'm so glad to see that most of you guys are doing great!

Gryph - lol. I love books. I spent 51 bucks on the visit before last. Yesterday I managed only 20 dollars! (A feat if anyone who knows me would say.)

Also I've finished with my movie theatre job. Turns out I won this contest. I'd tell you guys what I won, but I haven't the faintest. xD I'm waiting for the prizes and my last paycheck which I'll unfortunately already be heading up to Virginia to chill with my B/F when it's supposed to come out. *Sigh.*

Ah well. Miss you guys tons! I might pop into the chat later tonight if I'm able!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X