No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhi...i hate to break it to you...but you ARE still a bit of newbie! or maybe you aren't...how long have you been here? *isn't sure I"M not still a bit of newbie so i don't see how you can't be* anyways...*thinks of things to say* um...the softwear allowing us to get ondemand is broken, so we can't actually watch the movies we want too till weds...but schools almost over, so i guess i'm fairly happy anyways.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Ok, then I'm a newbie and proud of it, YR *desperately tries to find something to prevent a one liner* Am I the only one who's noticed this spell checker thing in the reply window, cuz (yep, there it goes...) I hadn't noticed these red dots whenever I misspell something, is this new? Rather helpful, actually...
      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• are you using firefox? firefox automatically does that. *is a bit upset* first i get a perfect score on my math finals (ninety four boosted up to a hundred by the thirty point curve she gave everyone) but then i get to english, which is usually my best subject, and find i only got an EIGHTY FIVE THERE! *Bangs head repeatedly* (ok, so many would die for an eighty five...but it's ENGLISH!) and the upsetting part is the fact that the reason i didn't get a NINTEY five (because this was the part worth ten points) is that i wrote the essay just about perfectly (at least, as close as i could get to it with limited time and adhd) but unfortunately there was no place in it for literary elements i was supposed to include mention of...i tried to give them side comments, just enough for her to say i did my job, but every time i put them in, i eddited them out without thinking because they got in the way of the essay...*sighs*on the regents, i'll just have to rewrite the structure around them (but try rewriting an entire essay in the middle of class, after spending twenty minutes proofreading it just to get rid of spelling errors, and restructure things) now i must be off, before people complain i'm ruining they're posting habits HERE too (just needed a bit of a rant...makes me feel better. *grins*)
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Sometimes I must wonder about people;
          newbie or old why does it matter such?
          I think obsession only is a pain,
          maturity and age are not the same.

So once again my mind wanders in thus,
          with patterns functioning along with words,
          my mind amuses me while such I do.

Yet in this pattern robots are still there.
          They compete in challenges this weekend next.
          To look forward I cannot help but do;
          counting down hours until set up.

My mind is disobeying my commands.
          I cannot think of something else to say.
          Though TOGR is now geeky made.
          We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

• *huggles everyone to death* Oh geez... I haven't been on here in ages! Well I have...I just haven't said anything. *shame* There's so many people I don't knooow... HI everyone I don't know!

haha. My smilie. I missed it dearly. *huggles it*

So what's new with BiW... I just finished finals! They weren't as bad as I thought they might be. Though apparently I failed gym this year. By three points. I don't see how...but my gym teacher who really shouldn't be a gym teacher said I did.

I've gotta come back here more often. I used to be addicted to this place! I'm not sure what happened.
            Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Nice to make your acquaintance, BiW.

It's nice to be back after five days or so. I had my last volleyball tournament of my club career on a 15's team; the results of said tournament shan't be mentioned. A rather depressing three days. I get to try out for a 16's team before I'm even 15. Speaking of volleyball, that's what'll be dimishing the amount of time I spend on here over the summer months. My school's having camps that aren't required but are still in a way required, if you understand what I'm saying. If you wanna make the team next year it's a very good idea to attend the camps, since there's only a one-day tryout. So my presence in chat will be severely diminished. I know we're all sooo disappointed .

On a totally (and real interesting) different note: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda

"This is one of the best new commercials. And you thought those people that set up roomfuls of dominos to knock over were amazing. There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it. The film took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor, didn't work. They would then have to set the whole thing up again.The crew spent weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready to change professions.

The film cost six million dollars and took three months to complete including full engineering of the sequence.In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure the ad will soon pay for its self simply in "free viewings" (Honda isn't paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!). When the ad was pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without any hesitation - including the costs. Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and complete Honda Accord) is parts from those two cars.

When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real. Oh, and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing their thing automatically as soon as they become wet."

Someone emailed me this. I don't know if I'd shell out 6 million for a commercial...
              I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• *huggles Tuttle* If I had the time and patience to write out posts like that...you guys would grow to think I'm crazy in TOGR because I'd post like that all the time. It's so much fun to read.

So...summer's here. Yay summer. It's not quite warm enough to go to the pool, but it's still warm enough to wear shorts. Ridiculous weather. I can't wait for summer cross country practice to start on Monday; Coach has confirmed that I'm pretty much guaranteed to be a captain, which is kind of crazy. I don't know...I just never really pictured myself as captain...but it's not like I could picture any of the other seniors being captains. We just aren't a year full of leaders, I guess. Last year's seniors were...very take charge girls. This year's seniors always kind of just stood in their shadows, not really taking charge. Oh well; we'll make it work.

I had a good birthday. I got cheesecake! I love cheesecake. It's like ambrosia from Mount Olympus or something. And my parents gave me the weirdest gift EVER: a Pirates of the Caribbean beach towel with Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom's heads on it. I like POTC, but not because of Depp or Bloom...I just like the story. So it's kind of weird to have this towel in my room with giant heads on it, staring at me when I wake up. But yeah...I had a good birthday, with the cheesecake. I got 1/2 a video iPod too XD I have to pay for the rest, but...it's a video iPod. My Mini's finally dead. It's so sad...I loved my Mini. His name was Steve, so the Video's name is Steve Jr. (even though he's bigger than Steve was. Oh yeah, and they're not named after Steve Jobs; I didn't even know who he was when I first got my Mini.)

I got my hair cut. It's weird...it's so short. She cut it a little shorter than I wanted; it's at the top of my shoulders, which makes it just barely too short to put in a ponytail. Don't know what I'm going to do when I go running, since it won't stay up in a ponytail. Grr...it looks good though. I just can't run with it! I need to figure out what to do with it.

Bored...so this is a long post. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:
                  My (first) 39th birthday is on Sunday, but I'll probably be too busy moving to celebrate it, so everyone have an ice cream for me, ok? :-)
                  Turned out that my family did run out and buy me an ice cream cake and the Wicked cast recording, so things worked out. :-)
                  "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• togr geeky always was,
                    How could it not be, with such as us?
                    Some may be geeky, and some may not..
                    but here we can come, and talk without tying ourselves in knots....
                    but shouldn't this be in poetry topic,
                    if not...ah who cares, i'm going to go somewhere tropic! (couldn't resist answering poetry with poetry.)

Comment

• There once was a fabulous turtle,
                      Who's name, we have learned, was not Yurtle.
                      She wrote in iambic
                      and tried not to panic,
                      When all her cheese would do was curdle.

There once was a cool cat called Ella
                      Who's topic idea was swell-a
                      It's gotten so long,
                      I don't know where I belong,
                      So I'll go make some toast with nutella.

There once was a watermark named Cedric
                      Many of us from chat he would kick.
                      He's evil to boot
                      Mabye I'll go get Poot
                      and he can whack Cedric with a stick.

There once was a writer called DD,
                      Who's books often make me go, "tee hee!"
                      ... ...
                      This post is a mess
                      I'll give up, I guess,
                      When AWOM comes out I'll yell "Wee-hee!"

XD
                      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• One liner one liner grrrrr *siren* Eric, you know we don't like those

Random poetry, gotta love it

I have super exciting news; I get to go to SpaceCamp!!! *cheers* My grandparents are paying for me to go and I'm absolutely ecstatic, astronomy/technology/cool science geek that I am This is going to be so incredibly awesome! Except that it take 2 weeks off time that I was intending to use as summer homework completion time, but there are up and down sides to everything, and SpaceCamp totally trumps homework; I'll just work some other time. *chants* SpaceCamp SpaceCamp SpaceCamp
                        "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                        Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• So....it's over. I'm officially a high school student as of 8 o'clock last night. You know, it's really weird...my heart's so full and empty at the same time...

Oh, and it's great, I actually found a guy that I like, who loves music as much as I do, is really really intelligent, has some corny (but funny) jokes...is buff (always a plus ) just kidding. But he is buff.....

There's only one catch....my best friend likes him too. A lot.... I can just see this isn't going to end well...

But...I don't care right now. My hair's mega-curly and it's in ringlets...it's so pretty... But, really, I'm just happy and sad and trying not to think too hard about the first day of school..And the INSANE amount of work I have to do for next year! It's like ten books! And I have to do projects for all my subjects...*sigh* and I'm doing the summer program. Well...I guess I'll just have to get it all done in one sweep. I'm starting Sunday, XD

Woo, looks like we've got a poem fest breaking out here on the forums! Straange. But nice. *huggles Tut*
                          Can I call you King? or K? like King Tut? Hehe, Queen Tuttle, Queen of the Nile.....

Happy Birthday, Hungry! Err...Am I missing a letter, that looks wrong for some reason. eeh. What's your hair look like, exactly? Is it like a bob (hehe, my friend got one of those, it's so _cuuute_) or is your hair just like, straight-ish? Sorry if this seems too nosy or whatever. I was just curious.

Garrett: Schweet! I dunno what's better, the cake or the CD...enjoy both!

Caitlin: Niiiice XD

Rhi: Congrats! Space camp! It sounds like a load of fun, so enjoy it! And tell us all about the really cool stuff you do, ok?

Hmm..I guess.. wow, I've been here for almost two years now...Wow, I feel old, XD

Well, I'm gonna just mull around here and all that jazz. Later, guys!
                          just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• it's nice to meet the old guy,
                            who to me is still new, and why?
                            cause the person never talked!
                            the posts he simply stalked!
                            and now i'm bored, though loving this,
                            this posting in poem strikes of bliss!
                            for posting poems is what i do,
                            and now is what i say to you,
                            you can see i'm getting into it,
                            and though i don't feel like throwing a fit,
                            i do have something more to say,
                            and i don't wish to wait another day,
                            my school now is almost done,
                            just one day on tues, oh what fun!
                            after that, from school i'm off,
                            and though i'll miss the friends their i had...
                            i cannot truly be too sad,
                            for though the tears yet may come...
                            school is off! hurrah! hurum!
                            And now i'm off,
                            to you my hat i do doff,
                            and i shall see thee on the morrow,
                            or maybe i shall see you yet,
                            in another topic...
                            and if not...you'll find me in a book exotic!

(i think tuttle's changed Togr forever, and am sad? no! never!)

to mel:

you're in high school?
                            that's so cool!
                            so am i, though for a bit i've been in the school,
                            in eleventh grade, i'll be on tuesday,
                            and now i'm off, to s...
                            gooday?
                            okay, okay, i ran out of things to say!
                            and why am i still talking like this anyways?

Comment

Hey, yr, I kinda hate telling you this, but you need to capitalize, punctuate, etc. I don't care if you're n00b, newbie, or what; we still have a standard for posts which we would like to keep up.

Summer, it's good stuff. I've been hanging out, shopping for a trip, or being a lazy slug at home. The most productive I've been is to make a painting. It's not beau; painting isn't a lot of fun (acrylics) -- or easy.

I've been in a low mood since the clouds started hovering a couple of days ago, but that's about to end. I'm going to Mexico tomorrow. :P Living with a host family for three weeks (by the way, I've heard "don't drink the water" so many times that I could kill myself. But don't let that stop you. XD) and taking spanish classes every morning.

Arctic Monkeys!

Completely different note,

Just as a heads up for everyone. If you're feeling bitter/sulky/seething ... whatever it is... yet you're trying to patch it up with a friend, pleeeasee pleease pleeease do not take it out on said friend. It's the very worst form of instant gratification, it is not sly, and you're [dumb] because said friend is possibly not slow enough to not understand. Furthermore, do not intentionally snub said friend or compare them to better friend pointedly. I have no idea what results you were hoping to achieve if you do the above. O.o But they're not gonna be great.
                              /end mini rant
                              grahhhhh, I would sooo love to deck some people. Heh, if only my punches were so flawless. XD
                              ^^ Though it's highly unlikely that the subject in the rant above will read this, I'm omitting names anyway. *exhale*

Mel:
                              EDIT: I finallly got one of Gryph's sketches to work on my computer, aaannd...It's amazing. Seriously. That's...professional quality right there. And my friend would DIE for that dragon. She's obsessed, she truley is! Nice work!
                              Haha, thanks. XD :P You should see what my art looked like when I first joined here. My dragons got comments like, "sorry, but what the heck is that..."

Tut, I love you. I know I was in chat when you posted in iambic, and I loved you then too, but I'd like to remind you that you're awesome again. XD

Heyyyy, BiW! I remember you! I won't ever forget you. XD Hope I see you around sometime.

WOWWW ^^ to the commercial Marina linked. Wowwwww XD

Yay, happy birthday again, Hungry!

And... you guys will never cease to amaze me. Limericks and iambic... <3

So, right, right. I need to write an essay becauuuse... cha cha I made the first two criteria for National Honor Society. Character and Scholarship. I just need to explain Leadership and Service in an essay. Heh, it turns out it's due at the end of this month, but seeing how I'm leaving tomorrow and will be out of the country, my time is kinda cut short. But if I make it, this is good stuff. <3

Erm, I hope you weren't
                              expecting me to write in
                              poetry all this post.
                              <-- but there's a wannabe haiku :P
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Hey all! I haven't been here in awhile! How is everyone?

I'm so happy because school is FINALLY over!!!! That means I get ten weeks off of school!!! Yay!!! Then I'm gonna be a junior! OMG I'm old!!!!

So tonight is my birthday party and me and my friends are really super bored and really super hyper, but since its 4:30 in the morning and we have to be quiet, we're unleashing our randomness on the world wide web! Ya, we're really weird.....and bored......and hyper.....
                                Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

Working...
                                X