No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And if you live in the southern NH area you will see snow falling!! ARG!

I have a snow day. Kind of mad though, because I'm not sure if this is a free-bee or a you have to go to school more days. I hope it's the first one...

Eve welcome!! Don't be afraid to be random in here.. even if it is "steam-blowing"!

Anywho, my AAU practice starts this Sunday!! Yay! Unfortunately it'll be at 7-9 pm. XD Great. Whatever I'm going to start playing again... hopefully.

Oh and I have an odd question. My parents and I were talking about timezones because my dad lived in Japan and he said that they only had one time zone and then my mom was saying how the United States were the only one with more than one time zone.. but if I think about it Doesn't Russia have multi time zones???

But that wasn't my question.. I know this is going to make me sound SO stupid but does Canada have the same "time-like" zones as US? Now that I'm thinking about it I know it's a stupid question. You guys do don't you? *smacks head* Sorry in advance.

Anyway I think that's all for now...

Dai all.
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Hee thanks But I look at some of my friends' art, and it's so much better! Which means I need to keep working cuz I'm not good enough.

I'm gonna do shotokan karate! I'm really excited. I used to do karate a while ago, but I had to quit because my school work was too much. I had made it up to my green belt and almost had purple, so I was at the end of my style. There was only brown between black and me. So this week was spring break, and mom and I were driving around, looking for a florist. We need to get one of those flower things for couples for prom. Dunno anything about that. XD Might have my guy go get the flower things haha. Anyway, on our fruitless drive, I saw this sign for karate, so we dropped in. They taught Teng Su Do which is a fractured branch of Korean karate. The next day, we tried out a class. I am of the opinion that all Senseis are slightly insane. O.o My last one was, and this one certainly is, but he was less intense. Also, it was weird because my old style was Japanese which meant that we also used and responded to Japanese. There were almost no similarities, but the other students were impressed by my kicks, and the Sensei (I'm not sure you even call them Senseis cuz it's Korean...) kept on telling me that it would all come back to me. It wouldn't because I was taught differently. I was going to have to start out as a white belt and relearn an entirely new system. >< So after that class, we dropped in another dojo. And I tried out that class yesterday and loved it. I might even like it better than my original dojo (I feel guilty to admit that). Eeee. This sensei had me wear my old gi and belt because he believed that I had earned it, even though it was under another teaching... but as I worked through the class, I found that they weren't so different. At least what I've seen. But aiiee and the Korean one was so expensive! So I picked Shotokan (old style was Shuri-te).

Agreed. XD Stupid teen guys. :P

Time Zones. If you look at a map, time zones are divided into columns. So the people to your east and west have different times, but the people to the north and south have the same. Like the US has multiple zones, so does Canada, and I'm pretty sure they're the same. The portion of Canada that is "above" you will have the same time zone as you.

It... feels like spring. It's warm, and I can see some buds in the trees.

Gonna find my contacts so I can crash at the theaters tonight :P Adios!
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I was just wondering...Does anyone know what the diffence is between being on the discussion forums on the web page and in here? Thanks.
        Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• Mel: A month to write fifteen pages is great--I'd love it at least...I'd probably write the paper in the first two weeks and nitpick the rest of the month. That's just me being a perfectionist though.

I definitely agree with the conclusion we've come to on fourteen-year-old boys. Idiots.

Mona: What? I'm confused now.

Comment

• eowyn girl: you know how it says that the login yo use here doesn't work in the one on the main web page (under the YW swag and the tags)? I was just wondering if anyone knew why that was.
            Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• They're two separate boards run on two different servers under two different software packages. This one uses Eve. YW.com uses Drupal. They don't have access to each other's login databases, which is why you need to register separately.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• AHH! My internet's been out for a while. I don't know what the promblem was, but it got fixed today, which is good. It is so good to be back online! I felt like I was disconnected from the world, just for a short time.
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• I got my prom dress. Still don't have a date, but I do have a dress. It's green, which I never expected; I kind of wanted a blue dress, actually, but this one was really pretty. It's floor length, and has this beading that's kind of in a flowery-leafy pattern on it, and the back's cool because it kind of laces up. And I can't find a picture of it online, so I can't actually show you guys what it looks like, but I love it so that's all that matters.

I just ate a large amount of chocolate, so I'm kind of on a sugar rush right now. It's crazy...oh well. I do love Easter, since I get so much candy and therefore am able to eat large amounts of sugar in a short amount (I originally typed almond...haha) of time. XD

14-18 year old boys are nuts. Seriously. I don't understand them, and don't see how I'll get one to be my date to prom. Why am I always the one who has to ask guys out? Why can't they just ask ME out, so I don't have to worry about all this?

I have 10 weeks left until I graduate, and 9 weeks left until the last day of school. It's crazy...I think there are 44 days of school left. Graduation seems so soon...and yet, it'll take forever to get there. We haven't even had our first track meet yet, I can't start thinking about the end of school!

I hate how it was sunny today, yet freezing cold. The weather is trying to trick me, and it's annoying. Track this morning was cold; I came home and got right in the shower, much to the chagrin of my family. We're having our 2nd bathroom redone, and therefore are short one toilet and sink that we used to use a lot. It's annoying to be putting in my contacts and have someone barge in who wants to brush their teeth. Hasn't my family heard of knocking?

Gryph: yay! I have no clue about anything about karate, but I'm glad you're starting again. XD (I'm sugar high...and that sentence made no sense.)

For Easter, I got a pack of Peeps (like a lot of people do.) It was green. So I keep looking at these green Peeps and thinking "those should be mint flavored...they look like they should be mint flavored because of the color of green they are!" I haven't gotten enough sleep this break, and have had too much sugar. I'm sorry about this post, it's kind of incoherent. It happens occasionally, I know.

I'm going back to visit my college on April 7. I'm kind of excited for school next year, because I am pretty much positive now that I've found a school where I'll be very happy and fit in. The college has a lot of things I want: very good academics, nice enough dorms (I love the bathrooms in their all female dorm. I want to live there. It's connected to one of the dining halls, so when it's blizzarding next winter, I won't have to go outside to get food. XD) a nice campus, school spirit (the other school I was seriously considering...5 of the people I talked to on campus had no idea what their mascot is. I'm a dork, I like school spirit.) and it's not too far from home, but it's not next door. It works well. I'm happy.

I'm truly sorry about the bouncing off the walls nature of this post guys. I really couldn't help it!

Comment

• "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                    -Terry Pratchett
                    Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

• From Hungry:
                      It's annoying to be putting in my contacts and have someone barge in who wants to brush their teeth. Hasn't my family heard of knocking?
                      *Shrugs* As I always say, if one truly wants privacy, they shall lock the bathroom door.

I'm nuts about locking my door; even if I'm in there just to use mouthwash, I always lock the door.... It's just instinct for me.

On another note than bathroom privacy , I'm at my grandfather's. There's tomato sauce and meatballs on the stove right now, and my uncle will be here any minute and we'll be taking a quick trip to Wal-Mart. I'm in the middle of cleaning the kitchen floor. This is a white vinyl floor, and over time, the dirt gets trapped under the new coats of Mop and Glo, so I have to mix a half gallon of warm water, one cup of ammonia, and one cup of Lysol all purpose cleaner, and spread it on the floor, to disintegrate the old layers and get through to the original layer at the bottom.... This is my second time doing this, but for some reason it's not working as well as last time....

EDIT: Wait, what was I editing for...?
                      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Gryph: Yay!! So glad to hear your picking up on karate!! If it's something you truly liked to do!! Andd... Thanks about that stupid question.. I feel so dumb. But thanks, now I truly know.

kk: I know how you felt when your internet was gone. I almost died from watching tv too much!!!

Hungry: Yay you got your dress!! I know what you mean when you say you always feel like _you_ have to ask the guy out. I have no date to prom either, and now I'm resorting to having one of my friends set me up on a "blind date", type of thing for prom.

Several people she's ask all said they don't want to go to prom. Now is it just me or does that sound like they're trying to avoid going to the prom with me?

Eric: about that locking the bathroom door thing... my parents won't allow any of us to lock the door in case of an emergency! So, you're wicked lucky. Good luck on cleaning...

vashmata: I wish I could play the guitar. That's like one of the instruments I really want to pick up. Although my parents don't think I'm being serious so they won't get me one. Good luck on the rest of your lessons!

OKAY. Yesterday I went to this Destination College thing that has these courses on how to start on your college adventure! Haha. I took a course on credit cards/loans stuff, Performing Arts auditions (I really wanted the portfolio one but they didn't have any spots left) and one about the College Interview. Now I can't wait to start visiting the colleges I have in mind.

Hmm... I wish I could say more, but that was the highlight of my weekend. Haha.

Dai all!

EDIT: Okay, so I have a slight delimma (sp?). I'm not sure I should play aau this year. One, money issue... it's $500 dollars, and that's something I can't pay with the money I get from work. Two, I'm going to be missing a couple of the tournements ANYWAY because of prom and vacation.... so why should I pay for those two games?? Three, actually I can't remember three... Anyway, this is a tough decision to make. Because I really like playing it.. but it's SO much more money than it was before!! I don't know what to do!

Any suggestions?
                        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Long time no see! To the people I've known for awhile but haven't seen for...a long time, dai! And to the newbies that I haven't met, hello! Welcome.

Oy, I'm taking shotokan karate too, Gryph. I must agree that Senseis are crazy. Mine is an engineer and tells us stuff like what degree to put our bodies when blocking. She's really technical about everything and tends to make machinery metaphors to get us to understand. :P

And now I must go. See you people later. Dai!

-Peri

Comment

• Whoa! I haven't seen you in forever, Peri. How've you been?

In a few hours, I and our school choir shall be in Los Angeles, running around and having fun. It's our annual choir tour, where those who qualify with their juries earlier in the year go to some city in the US for a few days and perform, as well as sightsee and enjoy ourselves. Too bad my mom decided she wanted to chaperone. Other than that, it'll be absolutely wonderful. I hope. I've never flown before, so this'll be a first.

Come Monday, when I'm broke and dragging myself to school, I'll tell you all about it. Adios.
                            I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Happy 17th Birthday MonkeyGirl!
                              Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

• Wow, I've just sort of been winded....majorly. I was just randomly surfing through the site, lurking as usual when I have little to say, when I decided, hey! Why not go into the Dai'stiho newbie section? I haven't been in there for a long time to say hi or anything! So, I did. And there I saw Sean and Small Town. And then I reread the Sean's beautiful topic on Chat. And everyone else's. And then I realized how much I miss you oldbies, and chat, and the good old days when I was a newbie. I really, really miss chat and just hanging out in there sometimes. And I wish we could start it up again...It wouldn't be the same, there's no denying...but it would be nice if the next generation of members had something like that to bond them together again, and to feel the same kind of things that we felt with each other that is almost impossible without our chat here again...there's nothing like talking at 3 am eating ice cream in the dead of July with someone in Puerto Rico to bond you! *sigh* I miss that... Don't you think we've been good enough lately to get it back?

But anyway.

Since I'm here I might as well comment on my late happenings.

The school play: Hoorah! It's almost done! But it's good, we've finally shaped it up. People were raving last night! It will be a fun couple of nights remaining for all!

But then I saw M last night, my brother's ex girlfriend. The poor girl is still in love with him, and it's been over a year. Poor dear, she is such a sweet girl, I hate to see her so distressed over him, who doesn't deserve a girl the likes of her!

What else? Well methinks Melanie may or may not have a boyfriend soon But patience is needed with him as in maybe a year ...or two...eh heh heh.....

But anyway.

I have to say I think I may have pulled off the best prank ever for April Fool's on my world civ teacher. I wouldn't dare pull it off on anyone else, 'cause he's my favorite and very open to pranks--he's known for them himself. However, it's a little....ehh, well, I don't want to get bashed for it. So, if you want to know about it, PM me and I will gladly tell you!

I think that's about it. I've got to go do some more homework, as usual, so I'll see y'all later.

Dai!

EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONKO!! :PPPP

EDIT (again...^^) : Welcome back, Peri! Nice to see you back again!

EDIT *groannnn*: Mmm....minty flavored peeps.....*pulls a homer*

EDIT: after eating five peeps, I've decided to tell you: my deodorant smells like froot loops, :P
                                just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Working...
                                X