No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday Brandy (RhianionSorenson)!!!

*thinks Tuttle is crazy *

And way to go Alla! :-) I reckon this guy of yours must like you just the way you are if you've been friends for a long time, so I bet he likes you just as you are. My two cents anyway :-)
    Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

• Wow. So much good news in the midst of really bad news...

"It's the CIIIIrcle of LIIIIIIIIIFEEE (engyenama negwinalabama) and it moves us ALLLLLL"

*cough*

That was our play two years ago...it was....interesting.

Speaking of plays, we finally got our DVDs from our play!! I'm uber excited, as everyone else is, 'cause I wanna see everything (I was backstage for...most of the time, maybe a little more than half) and I wanna see me trip and fall (I do so, several times, XD)

To Alla: Congrats!!!!!

To Tut: Amazazing, as usual! Ok, I really don't know how your poetry usually is, but if this is any meter....

Gryph: Ahh. The dreaded drama. There's been a lot of that floating around here lately. It must be something in the water.... It's ok. I know it's gotta be hard. Friend problems are the worst, but if it's any consolation, things will always turn out right in the end. That's my firm conviction!

In other news, I had the funnest Memorial Day Weekend which reminds me...

They did, and still do so much for us. So, thank you American soldiers for defending liberty throughout the centuries!

*ahem*

But, anyway, it was amazing fun. We went to the beach and I swam in the 50 degree water and was freezing and was so unbelievably happy to be back. I could live there, truely, I could. I'm happier, I'm skinnier, I'm more energetic, heck, my hair even looks better there. And it helps that it rids me of my farmer's tans...

Yup, so, it was boogie boarding at the beach, Emily Dickinson poems on the rooftop deck (also roasting up there), nightime promenades on the sand, Monk marathons, and gorging myself on all the chocolate I could get my hands on, :P.

Nevermind the fact that my brother was being a complete as-- ahem, jerk.

Speaking of, if anyone really cares, I got my hair done yesterday by R's ex-girlfriend. You know, I'm not really pretty or anything, but she really did something nice. My hair got copmpletely curled (think an older Shirley Temple, except with a little looser and longer curls, haha) and she lip gloss, eye shadow, and mascara-ed me. And it turned out really really good, considering me. I kept the curls in just to see what my classmates would say. Or notice.
      A lot noticed. A lot didn't. It was funny, there's these two girls whom I cannot stand mostly because they are the most conceited, obnoxious, conniving little demons. I particularly wanted to see what they would say.

The first said nothing.

The second, who is on my bus stop, didn't notice but proceeded to ask me for the answers to her homework. Later, in the school yard line, another girl comented on it, and she had this look on her face like, eew. I can't believe she curled her hair! Like, that is like, totally, like, gross!

NOTE: Dramatization. But not much. Did I spell that right?

Well, I thinks that's about all I can comment on for today.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHIANONIONSORENSON!!!!!!!

And Marina, I am insanely jealous. We have....two weeks left. Sort of. Oh, and it was great. Today, my teacher finally gives us our exam schedule, and Oh, BY THE WAY your first exam is FRIDAY!

pssh. And she wants me to learn a song on the piano for Thursday's Mass.

pssh.

*cough*

So, yeah. But once exams are over (Tuesday), we get to have fun. Wednesday's a class trip, Thursday we have a half day, Friday's off, Monday's field day, Tuesday's half day, Wednesday's graduation.

Oh My God, Wednesday's GRADUATION!!

Wow. When it hits you, it hits you like a ton of bricks, don't it?

*sigh* Well, off to mope about and study for exams on a lovely day that could be spent hiking....
      just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• *already whish ria (rhya) an early happy birthday. so...*runs around thinking of waht to say* *Cheers* my class is going to be one of the only TWO non senior classes i know of to see the video fest! *Cheers* *Loves the fact that my teacher is such a big PART of said festival* *cheers more for good measure...*
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• It's almost the end of junior year. There are 2.5 days left of school, and I don't even have to go in for 1.7 of the days. It's kind of sad. I don't think I'm ready to be a senior, but it's kind of too late to stop that. The senior's graduated today. Next year it'll be my turn to don the bright purple graduation cap and gown and walk across that effing stage and get my diploma. And I'm scared out of my mind to have the next year happen.

I have no finals in the morning. Actually, I have no more real finals until Wednesday morning. Tuesday afternoon is the first time I have to go into school, and that's just to watch a movie with my journalism class, and say goodbye to my teacher (he's becoming an accountant...how boring of a career move!) He's my favorite teacher too, so it's a bit sad.

I get cheesecake for my birthday party! Love cheesecake; it's pretty much amazing. Not really eager to hit my 17th birthday, for the same reason I don't want to be a senior. I'll get over it, eventually, in the next few weeks. Once Dad starts letting me drive the Passat instead of the minivan (because he'll take his fun car to work every day), and I remember the good reasons to being grown up.

I should go to sleep...but chat's hopping full of craziness and crazy people...and it's not like I have to wake up for school. My finals schedule is awesome; next year I'm going to have finals pretty much every period, every day. But hey, they're all classes that I really want to take, so it'll all be good.

So...I'm excited because my friend J who goes to another school is coming to my school on Saturday to take the ACT. I'm also taking the ACT on Saturday, so I get to see him! J is one of my favorite guys, just because he's so...not able to be put into a category, now that I think of it. Anyway, I get to see him, and well...yeah. I'm just going to be happy to see him again.

Comment

• Right now, it's a damp, June morning, and I'm waiting for a ride so I can go to my first exam. It's lit. I did most of my studying -- which wasn't much -- yesterday and this morning, and everything is either isn't on the exam, and I wouldn't have been able to learn it anyway. So I feel somewhat prepared.

But... it's kinda sad that it's the last time I'll see some of these people until next year. My lit class was one of my favorite. I think my teacher is awesome, and I love the people. I hope I get to see the same faces in my lit class next year, but :/ I'll be distributing hugs before I leave today.

Friday was my last real day of school. I hunted down my frosh and walked into his room while he was taking an exam to give him a hug. I said, "You're not going to be a frosh anymore...!" and then almost started to cry. That was the worst part of the day. :/

But... summer is ahead. Going to mexico, going to volunteer or get a job, and... work on college apps. Ugh. I'm anxious to get my scores back from AP tests -- they won't come until July. And I don't know when I get my results from the SAT I took last saturday. I really hope I did great. Hoping isn't enough. Meh.

On a lighter note, my friend got me the Arctic Monkeys CD. I love it. If you like The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Ok Go, Jet, and other bands like those, you'll love this. They're fun and indie rock.

*hugs Mel* Congrats. Graduation.

I'm feeling muscly today. Push ups and curls paid off quick. XD And I still have a little fat. Yay XD

I'm a freak. But life is fun. Four exams, and then... no school <3

I love you guys.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
              Ugh. I'm anxious to get my scores back from AP tests -- they won't come until July. And I don't know when I get my results from the SAT I took last saturday. I really hope I did great. Hoping isn't enough. Meh.
              I kid you not, I stalked the mailman for a month last summer, from the date AP scores came available by phone. It was baaad. I even (almost) committed mail fraud the day every one else got their scores and I didn't. It was madness. Good luck!

Dude. My dad came home from Balticon with an EBOLA PLUSHIE omg. I'm so excited. It's soft, and cuddly, and my favorite virus! (I know, I'm a geek. But somebody's got to love Ebola to work with it!) And it looks so cute over there next to my other stuffed animal. Awwww.

Righto.
              PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

• My (first) 39th birthday is on Sunday, but I'll probably be too busy moving to celebrate it, so everyone have an ice cream for me, ok? :-)
                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• *is having a GREAT time currentlY* got to watch someone i know in video...video of ME in shakespeare clubs circulating the globe via friends (with same person in it, strangely enough) the only bad thing in the world...IS FINALS! HORID THINGS! well, the FRENCH finals are anyways...everything else i'm good at, but i can't understand french when spoken with a french accent! this is what i get for being a part french kid, with no one in the house really speaking french, and having to learn it all directly from the book as often as not! ah well, i'll do ok i suppose...just needed a little bit of a scream, i guess. *grins* anyways, i'm off to post!
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Oooo Oooo and OOoooooOOooOooO o.o Hi..

I figured I'd post a quick one and say hello and stuffs. I didn't get to be there for DD's chat. I was terribly disappointed, but it didn't work out for me. And this past weekend I got sick, so now that I finally feel a wee bit better, I can come and say hey to y'all.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been kinda stuck reading a great deal of Jane Austin (stuck in a very good way.) I love the complicated characters and the life she portrays. My husband thinks I'm strange because I own all the movie versions of the books that I've been able to get my hands on. o.O Well, one can't have too much of a good thing.

Which brings me to say that I look forward to when SYWTBAW comes to theaters. ^_^

Anyhows, I digress. I meant only to elaborate just a bit on what I was doing. I haven't written much. I've edited a bit, but with all that has been going on, I've not be able to do much. Having all the kiddies home from school for the summer hasn't helped much, really.

My love to all...

--Chani
                    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• Chani. XD It feels strange to say this, but you're exactly like my mom like that. XD She is a Jane Austen fan hardcore -- I don't think I've seen any movie more times than I have seen Sense and Sensibility -- just for that reason. We even own multiple copies of books, and she has one with the thick, black cover, and gold-edged pages. I remember getting distracted by how the light shone off those pages.

*hugs* I love youuuu With or without Jane Austen insanity. XD

I finished another year of highschool today...! eeee The exams were easy. Maybe. Spanish was :O but there will probably be a curve in a big way.

Summer
                      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *sigh*

I couldn't resist. Sorry, Diane...

Edit to combine double post:

Tuttle, I see that you've posted all those lines in metric iambs, but what I've found to be nicer is to write your post in trochees.

After all, it's very easy, if you want to write that rhythm, to go on for quite a long time, and to drive your friends all crazy. :-)
                        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gryphon:
                          Chani. XD It feels strange to say this, but you're exactly like my mom like that. XD She is a Jane Austen fan hardcore -- I don't think I've seen any movie more times than I have seen Sense and Sensibility -- just for that reason. We even own multiple copies of books, and she has one with the thick, black cover, and gold-edged pages. I remember getting distracted by how the light shone off those pages.

*hugs* I love youuuu With or without Jane Austen insanity. XD
                          Always a good thing then... ya know.. the being loved thinggie. I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!

So, end of school. Always bittersweet in a way. Change is usually good, but it isn't always easy to leave the things you are fond of behind to make those changes. I guess school prepares you a lot that way.

Heh. I own all the movies and TV mini series for Jane Austen. I own a set of her books. I've thought about getting a better set, as the one I own has seen better days.

I put it down and jumped into the Septimus Heap series. I love sci-fi and fantasy a great deal too. Heh. Probably reading 'cause I'm not terribly full of energy but my mind needs to be busy. Well, when I recover, it'll be back to cleaning and getting ready for our family vacation next Wednesday. Always a good thing too.

Take care of yourself Gryphon. *hugs*
                          -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                          The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                          I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• -Woo! *highfives Gryph* Happy summer vacation!

*Highfivevs Chani too* Fellow Austinian! Do you have an iPod? There's a couple of great podcasts concerning her books on iTunes. I have several!

Oh, and Happy (Belated) Birthday Garrett! I hope it was a good one and starts a good year!

So, yesterday was our class trip. It was fun; we went to the Hard Rock Cafe, paddleboated, and to an acquarium. We also screeched on the tour busses and stole each others' shoes.

So, we officially graduate in six days. This is gonna be weird. I'll be OK, though. I just realised, that even though we (my friends) are as close as sisters, we're so different right now. We'll still be best friends, with our own theme song (best ex-friends to the enddd...*cough* skip the next line, hehe)But breathing room with new people is gonna be really nice.

Actually I'm at my friend's house now. We all slept over. They're watching The Omen. I'm not a big fan of scary movies, even in the daylight. Especially with creepy little kids and surround sound and being scared out of my wits last night (long story...*shakes head*) But.. yeah.

So, I hope everyone is doing at least ok here !

Dai Stiho!

Just got back from the sleep-over. I don't know, it's just like my friends don't know me anymore...like, they totally don't understand me at all now. I was listening to this totally beautiful song today, and I was closing my eyes just listening because it was so wonderful, and they're like, "Falling asleep, Mel?" and just making fun of me for it. And...I don't know. We're so different right now. I think in twenty years, we'll be near the same page again, but...I don't know.

Even my dad picked up on my mood as "pensieve." Hah, he would use that word.

Well, just writing this and knowing you guys are listening makes me feel a little better. Omlette & Reading Outside Time!!!

EDIT: I finallly got one of Gryph's sketches to work on my computer, aaannd...It's amazing. Seriously. That's...professional quality right there. And my friend would DIE for that dragon. She's obsessed, she truley is! Nice work!
                            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• ....*falls over laughing at picture* I remember the pastrami...it's the only book in the series i actually managed to get from the library....*maybe will try again later, after the ammoount of books i have out goes down a bit* lets see...random things to say...random things to say...i usually have a TON of htese at hand! *reaches into hat and brings one out* umm....FERRETS RULE! and the kittens are cool too! *runs off* (ok, that WAS rather random...sorry about that!) (and i've lost the game. *sighs*) i'd been **** great outside of caht too...

Comment

• Hurrah! We got the username changed! Gigo35 is now Rhi, and she is lovin' the change! (Rhi as in short for Rhiow, for those of you who haven't figured that out) So in chat, when Rhi comes in, it's not a newbie; it's gigo35 with a brand new, totally awesome, fits-her-better username
                                "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                                Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Working...
                                X