No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *hugs Ella and BC* Coughs suck. *hands out coughdrops* I guess it's getting towards cold season for you guys... happily we're just moving out of it! *offers hot chocolate and lemon and honey drinks* (No, not both at once) Lemon and honey will definitely help. *nods* Very soothing stuff. And of course hot chocolate tastes good...
    T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
    --Agent M
    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• But the thing is, I have sniffles/congestion/cough/laryngitis/sore throat. Trist me...I get it yearly. it's not contagious, so you guys are all safe.. although I could send you my virus (what a lame joke)! I have to go make dinner. Bye!

brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
      --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
      brokencello
      the crinkled paper bag
      "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• *grins* Yes, it was...

Hey, check this High Wizardry cover out! I've never seen this one before.

I spent my birthday $$ (Borders gift certificates) yesterday. I got:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
        <LI>Paperback copies of the first and second books in the Wind on Fire Trilogy
        <LI>A book called Faerie Wars
        <LI>A book called Pirates
        <LI>A book called East[/list]

Yay!

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
        'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
        -The Fellowship of the Ring
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Srry bc! *sends virtual get well flowers*
          OOh! Ella! I've read Faerie Wars and Pirates, and East looked really good but I couldn't afford it. *grumble grumble* Pirates was AWESOME!!!!!!! VERY good!! Same with Faerie Wars. The sequel to Faerie Wars is coming out sometime in late 2004 I think and I'm not sure if there's a sequel to Pirates. Tell me how East is!

I'm reading Timeline right now, my dad is making me read it before the movie comes out. Anybody here read it?

*Agent~M*
          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• Faerie Wars is great! Liked it a lot. What're Pirates and East about?
            T

--Agent M

Comment

• Agent M: Timeline? As in by Michael Crichton? If so, it's a really good book. I read it several times, and liked it better each time.

Ella: you lucky duck, you! If only I had money to spend at Border's...*sigh*

"Food for thought requires a mind with teeth" Vollys the dragon, "The Two Princesses of Bamarre"
              "Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!" Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
              WHO CARES IF LEGOLAS IS GIRLY OR NOT???
              Nurse Foxtail has returned!!!

Comment

• Timeline... is that the one about the butterfly?

--Agent M

Comment

• Timeline...I think I know it, I borrowed it once last year but never got around to reading it. It looked really good...I've only read Jurassic Park and The Lost World by Crichton.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
                  -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
                  *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                  http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
                  My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                  OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                  --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Foxtail

I don't hate you it's just the 11th graders from my school. Maybe girls aren't like that but my school is boys-only.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
                    "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
                    "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
                    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Crichton is pretty good. (understatement)

I read Sphere when I found out that there was going to be a movie made from that, and I liked the book SOOO much better than the movie. Sphere the movie was like.... Duh, what's this thingy here? And the book was like... "So, we have the power to do anything? We should all will ourselves to not have the power, and to forget we ever had it. One, Two, Three... What were we doing...?"

Never read the Jurassic Park stuff.

I will totally read Timeline, now. I saw the poster, and I was like: "Timeline? Why does that sound familiar?"

"OH YEAH! I remember now."

--Dai Stihó

Bishie
                      'Mancer
                      Foam Poet
                      "It was a bad line and a prank call, someone spouting insane babble; I couldn't make sense of it. But I had an overwhelmeing sense of deja vu, and the caller's voice sounded oddly familiar."

Comment

• I cannot believe Foxtail just said that. I have read all those books, except, east, which I am buying in a week or two, and Pirates, which I am waiting for a friend to lend to me because she said she would. Faerie Wars is awesome. If you go to www.faeriewars.com, or maybe it's www.herbiebrennan.com, you can go on a virtual tour of the faerie land, the town, and Hael. But anyways, the WIND ON FIRE TRILOGY IS LIKE ONE OF THE BEST SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!!! I love all the characters...the first one is the most action...the second on the most explaining, and the third the most intellectual insight and emotion. Go read them right now!

brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                        --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                        brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Birdhead: Timeline is NOT about a butterfly. It's about quantem physics (sp?) and alternate universes. The characters have to go back into one of the alternate universes which is in the medeval times. It's hard to explain but it's not about a butterfly. And Pirates is GOOD, this rich girl has to hide from one guy who wants to marry her and so she becomes a pirate, she's also in love with a Navy guy. She goes with a slave girl who is running away from slavery. It's really good! I'm not 100% sure what East is about, I only read the inside cover, you'll have to ask Ella if you want to know.

*Agent~M*
                          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                          *Agent~M*
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "I could live

Comment

• OK. The one about the butterfly must be soemthing else. There's no need to YELL.

Must look it up... Crighton's that good?
                            T

--Agent M

Comment

• Sorry. I haven't read any of his other books but Timeline is REALLY good so far, if you can you should try to read it before the movie comes out, if you're interested and don't have anything else to read.

*Agent~M*
                              *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

• *grins* you're forgiven. I will try to get ahold of it, but there're these little things called EXAMS creeping up on me... *collapses into a panic-stricken heap*

--Agent M

Comment

Working...
                                X