No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re 'If I were a rich man': No, that is from Fiddler on the Roof. Are you thinking of 'Reviewing the situation'?
    re Fiddler on the Roof in general: Read 'Tevye and His Daughters' by Sholom Aleichem. Really...it's good.
    re Fahrenheit 451: That is a good book. I read it a couple of years ago...it's about a fireman in an anti-book world. I don't want to put a summary here, because that would be long and pointless and probably contain spoilers.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
    *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
    http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *has to read frenheit 451, has to read Fight Club, has to finally find a copy of 1984 that won't fall to pieces half way through*
      ... uh. Yes. Grr.
      McDonalds is evil.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
      --Agent M
      Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Give me one good reason that McDonald's is evil. Honestly, it's quite helpful for people in poverty...it's less than a dollar. And it's way better than BK, because that is a cheap imitation. Also--do you REALLY think that every time you visit BK the burgers have been slow-cooked over an open fire? No. And you really think that in the middle of a busy metro area, they will subject the meat to that much poison?

brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
        --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
        brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Burger King is evil. Not so much McDonalds. But BK is so evil. My band teacher got food poisoning from BK. Dr. Pepper os _so_ not evil.
          -ends long pointless rant about evils-

~*KsSk8er*~
          Hogwarts Dropout
          "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
          Dai Stiho
          ~*KsSk8er*~
          "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
          Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• ... Uh, mcDonals is SO not less than a dollar. It's something like ten bucks here to get a decent meal (whihc is a combo and a hamburger), and even with exchange rates that's five American... I could get a much better meal, for half the price, at Roti. also, sorry, but for "people in poverty" (what a phrase) the _last_ thing they want, or need, is McDonalds. *shakes head* fast food is a _rich_ people's option.

--Agent M

Comment

• Dr. Pepper, good! Pepsi, BAD! Sorry, I dislike pepsi bacause it burns the roof of my mouth. *winces at the memory* McDonald's isn't too bad, but I like BK better. My friend got a _potentally_ deadly sickness in 2nd grade from Taco Bell in 2nd grade. I stopped eating there after that happened, she was a lucky case and didn't die!!! YEA!

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
              If I say something stupid or whatever, give me a reak all on my mind is: Step-heal-heal ballchange, repeat, dig-heal-dig-heal-dig-heal side, ball ball scuff balchange repeat, falap, falap, step, step, clap and so on.
              ~Sam (Hifun55)~
              Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
              HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
              My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Tui: Over here, just about everything in McDonalds is about two-three bucks or less. But...I guess if you're looking for a bigger meal than hamburgers and fries it's probably five dollars or something...
                *note: ppc has not been to McDonalds for a long time, so above information, while based on recent fact, may not apply now*

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
                -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
                *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
                My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• you people have become boring as my dear friend wie\\\\\\\\ tells me. its changed here. the topic of great randomness is no longer random. anyway, life is good and i got a new bird and BE HAPPY ALL YOU HAPPY PEOPLE!!!!!!! okay, okay.

I promise I will use no more fun funs
                  "and really bad eggs.."POTC
                  The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                  Be happy life is good

Comment

• sorry about the wie/////////////// but we were fighting over the keyboard. I won. hehehehe and she got injured. Wie: i won!!!!!!. Cress-DID NOT DID NOT DIDN OT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sticks out tounge in rude and insane manner* Wie:*Stupid*

"and really bad eggs.."POTC
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    Be happy life is good

Comment

• Oh, thanks, Cress.

There were crazy winds here yesterday, but thankfully, our power didn't go out (oh happy joy).

Trickster's Choice is REALLY good...I'm almost done!!

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
                      'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
                      -The Fellowship of the Ring
                      *Ella*
                      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                      What could mean more than this?"
                      --Bright Eyes

Comment

• h-h-how can anyone think we're boring?? *is sad. and also mad at cress's friend*
                        do you think we're boring, Cress?? *looks thoughtfully around the room. hmm.*
                        See you on the moon

~*KsSk8er*~
                        Hogwarts Dropout
                        Dai Stiho
                        ~*KsSk8er*~

Comment

• Heh. We had crazy winds two days ago- crazier, that is. *bounce* I nearly got lifted off my feet walking home- it was great!

--Agent M

Comment

• crazzyyy winds blew my state away! lol corny i know, you must forgive me i am on a caffeine high and am trying desperately to stay awake. the winds blew down our wood fence, stupid wind. i am angry right now, you will find me brooding in the poetry topic.

Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better friends are always near.

Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

• I'm ok with McDonald's, 'cause I like Boston Market and Chipotle and McD's owns them, too. And the Widow Crock was (along with the Widow Geisel--Dr. Seuss's widow) probably the sole benefactor of about half the charities here in San Diego.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• There were crazzzy winds here yesterday. And this morning. My dad was up in the attic and you could see the boards rattling and hear it whipping through the house. The molding blew off my friend's roof and a tree got uprooted and landed on part of his fence and crushed. I could barely walk from the bus dtop to my house after chool, I almost blew away (lol) and I couldnt get the door open. It rocked!!

~*KsSk8er*~
                                Hogwarts Dropout
                                Dai Stiho
                                ~*KsSk8er*~

Comment

Working...
                                X