No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry I "messed up" the page. Yes, I do see. And yes, that would be a question. I'm saying to you: don't question who! Or what! Or when! Or why! Or where! Or how!
    Hope this makes a new page! Well, here, I'll add a little segment:
    R U waiting 2?
    I M waiting 4 U.
    4 U 2 catch on.
    4 U 2 C.
    4 U 2 no.
    How I feel about U.
    Me & U.
    U & Me.
    Looks perfect.
    R U waiting 2?
    I M waiting 4 U.

Forget who wrote that, but you can give it to your boyfriend/girlfriend. *bc winks!*

brokencello
    the crinkled paper bag
    "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
    --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
    brokencello
    the crinkled paper bag
    "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Must make new page!!
      Tis the season to be jolly, falalalala.... nevermind.
      lalalala.
      uhm, does anyone know anything about Basenji dogs?? I want one!! but my mother said one dog is enough. Oh well. Maybe I'll get a laptop for xmas *hint hint wink wink* oh well I doubt it. What do all of you want??
      We should have an online holiday party in December!!

The world is now ending. Please log off.

~*KsSk8er*~
      Hogwarts Dropout
      "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
      Dai Stiho
      ~*KsSk8er*~
      "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
      Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• I just wrote a really long message and it got deleted! So instead I will write a poem by my favorite poet, C.T.L.
        oh kill me
        i just bumped your purse
        oh kill me
        i touched you
        oh kill me
        i'm innocent
        you say sorry for everything
        and you expect me to do the same
        well i'm not sorry
        that i touched you
        i'm not sorry
        that i bumped your arm
        and i'm not sorry
        that i made a dent in your sofa
        oh kill me
        should i be sorry for saying this
        or will it teach you a lesson
        oh kill me
        i said it
        !
        Pure genius, that woman. Ends it with a !, PURE GENIUS!

brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• k, randomness:
          I went to a relient K concert yesterday! Aurora, I'm not sure what you meant when you said they talked about God more than they sang a while back--according to my count, they said a grand total of one sentence, for a duration of approximately ten to fifteen seconds. And they sang for about an hour and a half...*sigh* but I had to sit through three really, really bad bands first. What happened to dying quietly? (Apologies to all who liked them. I didn't, if you couldn't tell.)
          Anywho--I'm still being happy about the relient K half of that concert.

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
          -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
          *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
          http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
          My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
          OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
          --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *grins* I'm happy for you, but in an abstract fashion, as christian rock of any flavour has never really appealed to me (not because it's christian, although that's probably part of it, just because I never seem to like it... on the other hand, christian classical music is frequently stunning. Ex: hallelujah Chorus... Oh god I love the Chorus. Sigh. Bliss.)
            *mourns* We never get any rock concerts around here that I'm interested... except for Art Garfunkel two years ago, which I DIDN'T SEE. I was going through an apathetic period and didn't bother getting tickets- damn you, apathy!! Mind you, I have always beenmore a disciple of Paul than a disciple of Art...

In other news: ENGLISH WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN I EXPECTED. It is SUCH a relief. My hand is now un-bloody-believably sore, but apart from that I feel pretty good about it. Maths tomorrow, though I'm worried about, as it is so freaking long... however, today I wrote possibly the best What's Eating Gilbert Grape? essay I ever wrote (not that that's hard: I can't do film essays), I wrote seven (that's right SEVEN) pages on war poetry, and all is right with the world.
            T

EDIT: success. New page!
            "We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
            --Agent M
            Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• ooh, *takes a glass of chapagne and starts dancin'* happy birthday, Fox!
              And hi everyone! I'm Lina, this is my very first post here. I'm glad to start during a party! <*me dancing*

xX Lina Xx
              "Alright I'm afraid, but it's an irrational fear." -Dana Scully
              "Look, mom, I sneezed!" -My best friend, Devi

Comment

• Cool! Dai! And also just a bit of random info, did anyone know that one of the names for God is "the Power"? Makes you wonder....

*Agent~M*
                "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

• Dai, Lina! A nice entrance you've made here. Yes, parties are awesome. *starts dancing and throwing confetti around* Happy Birthday, Fox!

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Curiosity mauled the cat and left it on the side of the road.

School is hell with flourescent lighting.
                  I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                  I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                  For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

• Hmm...relient K isn't so much rock as...dunno. Pop/punk/rock? Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean, Tui; there are a zillion forms of Christian music out--from Hillsongs to Superchic[k] to Newsboys to TobyMac (I spelled that last one wrong, I think. Oh well.)

Welcome to the forum Lina! *ppc waves happily and welcoming-ly, the only constructive thing the post has achieved*

OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• M: heh. interesting.
                      Lina: welcome!! did u get a newbie pack yet?? *links arms with Tui, lh, bc, and M and starts dancing like a Rockette.* Welcome to te besestestest forum ever!! ahem. *calms down.*

Tui: The only concert I ever went to was an Avril Lavigne concert last spring with my friends. It was all for fun. But we were mostly happy because Simple Plan was singing some songs, and that's how we found out about a really cool band named GOB!! yes, gob, not G.O.B..
                      Does anyone want to be an honarary song writer for my band, Lost&Found?? We're hitting a block right now. We'll give you credit....

The world is now ending. Please log off.

~*KsSk8er*~
                      Hogwarts Dropout
                      Dai Stiho
                      ~*KsSk8er*~
                      Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• Haere mai, Lina! it's a pleasure to meet you. I won't give you a newbie pack yet, but you should get one soon, as per a bunch of stuff I outlined a month or so ago...

Re Christian stuff: i know there's lots of different stuff... most of it, or most of the stuff that's being written/performed today, just doesn't go well with me. I don't know, relient K might be prtty cool, for all I know... I just haven't met any i like. Of course, S&G had a bunch of religious stuff in their stuff... but it's different somehow. Mostly I guess because it's mroe allusions to Christianity, rather than singin about christianity.

*dances a little* Good music i hope, Fox....

--Agent M

Comment

• Tui: Ah, I see what you mean--you're talking about bands that have most of their songs focus on God, Christianity, Christ, etc. That wasn't how I was defining Christian bands; for instance, because I'm listening to them right now, relient K only has two or three out of fourteen songs on their third cd that focus soley on the aforementioned topics. The rest are about random stuff...like I think I had part of 'gibberish' on my sig a while ago...and life issues, like dealing with college work and living in a small town.

Just because I can, I'm going to put some lyrics in from 'May the Horse Be With You'

'All in favor (all in favor) say nay/ we like the flavor (we like the flavor) of hay/ we're gonna graze all of our days/ until they take us away and turn us into glue/ like mr. ed always said/ may the horse be with you!/may the horse be with you!/ may...the...horse...be...with...you...every day!'

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *cracks up* those are WEIRD lyrics. Truly, truly strange.

Ooh, can we post some lyrics? Canwecanwecanwe?
                            Well, here are some of the... uh... interesting lyrics of Simon and Garfunkel. This is one of their odder spins on religious stuff.

Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit.
                            Blessed is the lamb whose blood flows.
                            Blessed are the sat upon, Spat upon, Ratted on,
                            O Lord, Why have you forsaken me?
                            I got no place to go,
                            I've walked around Soho for the last night or so.
                            Ah, but it doesn't matter, no.

Blessed is the land and the kingdom.
                            Blessed is the man whose soul belongs to.
                            Blessed are the meth drinkers, Pot sellers, Illusion dwellers.
                            My words trickle down, like a wound
                            That I have no intention to heal.

Blessed are the stained glass, window pane glass.
                            Blessed is the church service makes me nervous
                            Blessed are the penny rookers, Cheap hookers, Groovy lookers.
                            I have tended my own garden
                            Much too long.

... yeah. Interesting, yes... Or my favourite bit from A Chruch is Burning:
                            A Church is mroe thanjsut timber and stone
                            and freedom is a dark road when you're walking it alone
                            but the future is now
                            and it's time to take a hand
                            so the last bells of freedom can ring out in my land!

Probably posted some of this before... lesse... OK, last ones:
                            Listen as your day unfolds
                            Challenge what the future holds
                            Try and keep your head up to the sky
                            Lovers, they may cause you tears
                            Go ahead release your fears
                            Stand up and be counted
                            Don't be ashamed to cry

And a differnt source for those: Des'ree, Gotta Be. Like that song a lot... *needs to find a copy*

--Agent M

Comment

• lol, they don't do justice to the tune. It's a purely random and fun song... and if we're posting lyrics (relient K again, but I'm listening to it right now. One of my fave rK songs.):

whoa-o...i've been banging my head against the wall/ whoa-o...for so long it seems i knocked it down.../ yeah, it got knocked down/ whoa-o...and the heating bill went through the roof/ whoa-o...and the wall i knocked down was the proof/ that my landlord needed to kick me out/ i got evicted now i'm living on the street/ my spirits lifted, oh wait--that wasn't me/ too many turns have turned out to be wrong/ this time i learned that i knew it all along...

*sigh* randomness. Anyway, to get an idea of the tune, say that last part very fast from 'I got evicted.' But I bet you're all sick of relient K now, aren't you? *innocent smile* I need to change that cd...

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Please don't take this personally--I won't say my relgion (partly because I don't quite know it)--but partly because I shan't offend anyone. PERSONALLY, PERSONALLY, PERSONALLY, I can't stand Christian music. Christian Rock. Because it just is...rrrrrr....I don't know, too:
                                Oh, God! woo oo-ooh ooh! Oh, God! We clap our hands...Sing to you! woo oo-ooh ooh! Oh, God!
                                And it just makes me...dizzy. dizzzzzzy. zzzzzzy. Anyways, I really like peaceful artists...but also David Bowie, the Cure, Nirvana, and Peter Gabriel. That banging my head against the wall sounds like one of his songs...kind of.
                                And I love the Dido song "See you when you're 40"

brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag
                                brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag

Comment

Working...
                                X