No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh...I need to go borrow Timeline now. And any other Crichton books I find along the way.
    bc: I've read the Wind on Fire trilogy, I think! Or at least the two books that my library has...*sigh*

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
    *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
    http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• MUST....GO....TO LIBRARY!!
      I have absolutely nothing to read. I have been rereading the wizard books since I finished everything else in existance. but I haven't read Timeline. I'll try that. hm.... I haven't had time to walk to the library or get someone to drive me there so I will see if my school library has it. ciao

~*KsSk8er*~
      Hogwarts Dropout
      "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
      Dai Stiho
      ~*KsSk8er*~
      "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
      Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• By the way has anyone read daughter of the forest or the activeenzyme lemon freshoned juniorhigh school witch?? sorry if I made any mistakes but I broke my finger yesterday.

~*KsSk8er*~
        Hogwarts Dropout
        Dai Stiho
        ~*KsSk8er*~
        Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

• You broke your finger? *wince* Ouch. *sneds rays of sympathy* Actually, what a coincidence, my brother did that recently. I hope you don't play an instrument: he was supposed to sit his Grade 6 violin soon. He has doen zilch practice, and not even eny on the guitar... it's also meant he's been putting stairway to Heaven on as loud as possible because he can't play it himself. Which is a bit of a pain. (It's not bad when he does it himself because acoustic guitars don't have the volume of his player and also, he doesn't sing. )

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
          --Agent M
          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Sorry KsSk8er!! May your finger heal soon!

*Agent~M*
            "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
            "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

• Ooh. *winces* Hope it gets better soon!

I'm afraid I can't tell you anything about any of new books, because I haven't read them yet. Right now I'm reading Trickster's Choice, the new Tamora Pierce book, and The Outsiders for school. Then I have Stravaganza (the first one) from the library, but I might have to delay reading that because I also have my book club book, A Corner of the Universe, which I haven't even started. *sigh* So the ones I own will have to wait.

BTW, when I was in Borders I saw this book, but unfortunately I didn't have enough money to get it.

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
              'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
              -The Fellowship of the Ring
              *Ella*
              "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
              There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
              And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
              What could mean more than this?"
              --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Is the new Tammy good? Those are the Alianne ones, am I right? Is that the first or the second? What's it like? *really curious*
                T

--Agent M

Comment

• Ooh! You're reading Stravaganza!? GOOD BOOK! But I'd save that one for last because then if you like it enough to buy the second one then you won't have to wait as long as some of us do for the third one, it's not coming out until... Actually I can't remember but I think it's 2005! Of course that's my logic so it probably didn't make much sense... lol LYRA'S OXFORD!!!!!!!! I had enough money today when I went to the bookstore but I've been wanting to read this one book for a long time, The Secret Land I think it's called, and there's gonna be a book signing on Friday at my bookstore for that and I really want to read it by then, I have no idea when the next author for my age group will come to my city, or state for that matter... Diane Duane came once but I was in Baltimore.... *grumble grumble*

*Agent~M*
                  "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "I could live

Comment

• I want to read Lyra's Oxford too. I can't wait for the second Abarat because *bc grumbles and runs a hand through her snarly hair* I admit it....I liked the pictures...but the storyline was better. the pictures were just so interesting. But the story was better. Except I wouldn't have named her Candy....maybe Gabrielle. ANYTHING BUT CANDY! It didn't fit her. i read whale rider in under two hours...in my bed. I was crying because I have a syndrom that when i hread, I don't blink enough...and my eyes water and water and water...

brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
                    --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
                    brokencello
                    the crinkled paper bag
                    "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Yeah, I can't wait for the second book of the ABART to come out either... *fingers crossed it won't take too long* I really, really have to get round to reading Imajica sometime. Have you read Thief of Always? it's good. *nods* Yeah. I think I've mentioned this before, quite a while ago, but candy really irritates me as a name. Quakenbush, on the other hand, is fantastic. But candy? Please.
                      I read ABARAT with a toblerone. it was excellent. I'll have to do the same thing the next time.

--Agent M

Comment

• Lyra's Oxford...

*sigh* My friend (? I have no idea what he is anymore...) has hinted that may be my birthday present... frankly, if he gets it for me, I will be very very happy and will probably jump him, hug him, and thank him very happily...

Kitsune Rei~In love and hating it~

Comment

• *nods* I'm hoping it will be out here by Christmas time, and I'll beg and plead with my parents. Or alternatively, and more probably, there's always the prizegiving money (which we get in book tokens. Every other school gives actual books and we get booktokens. it's SO good. )

--Agent M

Comment

• Oh, The Outsiders is a realy good book, we read it in A.C.E. last nine weeks now we are reading Homecomming also good so far. So is Stravaganza which I still can't find the second of. But right now I am reading The Golden Compass (finally,) then after I finish the Forbidden Doors series I want to try to find this realy cool looking book I saw at our book fair 2 weeks ago called Inkheart which looked REAL good. Oh, then I have to read the 4th Princess Diaries and thend I don't know what I'll do.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                            You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same.
                            A memory lasts forever never does it die, true friends stay together and never say goodbye.

[This message was edited by Sam on 13 November 2003 at 13:52.]

[This message was edited by Sam on 13 November 2003 at 13:54.]
                            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• It's very strange how we read a lot of the same books.... Sam, you can't find it???? It's really good all the bookstores should have them *goes off with a pitchfork to a few bookstores without the second Stravaganza* *Comes back* They were closed. Dunno why... Homecoming is GOOD but the others aren't nearly as good, I didn't even finish 17 against the dealer (the third one) ABARAT!!!!!!!! It doesn't come out until next fall!!!!!!!! *picks up the forgotten pitchfork to find the author of Abarat and put some sense into his head.* *pokes head back in* And The Theif of Always is awesome too, he wrote the book when he was 12, such an inspiration to me... *leaves with pitchfork in hand*

*Agent~M*
                              *Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

• I know OUR bookstores make me mad they didn't order any YW until last year. So I've a feeling it will be a while unless I fuss at them then they will order it, they don't even have the first one. Huh, that is odd, acording to my book A Solitary Blue is the third in the Tillerman Series and 17 Against the Dealer is 7th. Odd, verry odd.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                                You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same.
                                A memory lasts forever never does it die, true friends stay together and never say goodbye.
                                ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                                Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                                HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                                My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Working...
                                X