No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin: Kansas? Cool, that's where my dad is from. I've been doing Mathcounts since 6th grade, but I got a bunch of my friends to join this year, in 8th. A couple of them aren't quite sure that they believe me when I say doing math all Saturday morning is fun, but they do it anyways.
    Man, I wish I could go to nationals. That's my dream for mathcounts this year, my last year. Some of the other team members think I can do it, but I'm not that sure about it at all.

Comment

• Which school did your dad come from if you can remember? Same here I think it would be fun to go to nationals but I'm afaid I'd frezze up and wouldn't get a single question right but I think some of my friends would like to be they think that their whole life is math but that isn't right but they don't lisen and go on doing what they think they will be doing for the next 30 years.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
      *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
      *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
      *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
      *Many have come and go

Comment

• Let's see...He grew up in Wichita, but I can't remember which school he went to. I think that one of his brothers went to one called Black? Something beginning with a B. I'll ask him; he and my mom went out for dinner, it being valetine's day and all that.

Yeah, I worry about freezing up too. I got into the countdown round (for all you who have no clue what I'm talking about, that round is based on speed, and speed only) and I couldn't get any of them. Actually, I figured out two, but only after one of the other kids had answered. Some of those kids were scary, that's how fast they answered questions. I just sat there like a bump going, oh, my goodness, how do I do this??? Luckily, the countdown round doesn't count in scoring.

Comment

• I was in a count down round today and I froze on a question because the overhead was wrong or the dude asking the qusetions was wrong because I didn't know the answer.

*Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
          *Many have come and go

Comment

• FW: AWESOME!! You really got nerve compared to me.
            We had our V-day dance last night! It was funny I got kool-aid spilled on me 3 times!
            I'm goin to start coming here more often I miss to much! BUt homework is evil!
            What's mathcounts?? sounds cool though! I LOVE MATH!

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
            Dilapadated-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed RULES!!!!
            *picks up pencil and waves hands around* OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!
            Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?
            Freedom is an illusion, it always comes at a price!
            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Things I like about math: Sinusoids.
              Things I don't like about math: Everything else.
              *sulks*
              I had a very nasty math test today, hence the above. Actually, I usually like most of math...except polar coordinates, I loathe those with a vengeance...but today I'm a math-hater.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
              -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
              My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
              OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
              --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilf:
                Without being nasty, that was an awesome explanaition.
                Snort. I have such wonderfully vague answers.

I love Math League! Sometimes... they like to give you problems that aren't healthy. Stuff to overheat people's brains. Hehe. But I do good. Lesse if I can remember any... I can't right now. Good enough, becuase they get hard!

I like chatting! Sam just logged on... before I could say anything, she was off! It logged on and offf three times... Uggg

-MaThFrEaK
                "Hehehe. You smell funny."
                "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
                "Izza mousey!"
                ~Gryphon~
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• We had a HARD math test yesterday! My math teacher cannot teach! We took a test on N!, premutation, and combonation. It was easy except where we had to figur out wich to use because he didn't teach us how!!!! GR!

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                  Dilapadated-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed-ed RULES!!!!
                  *picks up pencil and waves hands around* OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!
                  Why are you trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to stand out?
                  Freedom is an illusion, it always comes at a price!
                  ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                  Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                  HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                  My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Grrr... Can I kick your math teacher?

Oooh... can you see my icon? Izza Gryphon!

-MaThFrEaK
                    "Izza mousey!"
                    ~Gryphon~
                    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• *whimpers* I'm going to come back and actually make proper posts again soon (just so you all know: I've been so lax because school just started, and I have to do really well this year and school is high-volume homework, plus I'm in Cabaret, plus I've got the trip coming up= NO time whatsoever) but I just wanted to mention I have been reading all the posts. I jsut haven't been saying anything.

And also, the Olympiads aren't just Europe and they aren't just Maths. It's possible they include Commonwealth countries, I suppose- but anyway, NZ competes in them. I know because someone I know did Maths Olympiad and my best friend is doing Chemistry Olympiad this year... they are REALLY highly prestigious and difficult, or anyway they are here. Lucy (best friend) is only on the selection team, but she's still one of the top 20 Chemistry students in New Zealand.... :O

Some of this soudsn a little like Mathswell, which is an inter-school competition... I usually do it. Dunno if I have time this year though, I may be away.... anyway, it's basically six or so people from a school go and do problems in regional competitions. Winning schools go on to national finals. But it's not really a hard competition or anything, so...

*HUGS FIREWITCH* Awesome! You go, girl! I'm so glad it went well, sounds UTTERLY AMAZING. Way swisher than our ball. *raises a glass in toast*

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                      --Agent M
                      Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                      Still the Typo Queen
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                        "I could live

Comment

• Hey, Birdhead!

You only just started school? Ugg. I still have half a year of school left... I hate my science teacher and my librarian! And my gym teacher. Grr to them. I suppose I'm really lucky because I like the rest of my teachers. Science has't been too bad. She doesn't teach us anything so we have the entire class period to talk and work on homework. It's like a study hall.

Woohoo! A bunch of people joined the White Forest! I love the White Forest... but I think the front page might need a bit of work. We posted A LOT yesterday! And Kaii-Thakurin was captured. I bet the fairies are thrilled.

-MaThFrEaK
                          "Izza mousey!"
                          ~Gryphon~

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

• Comment

• Hey M!
                                I'm going skiing this week for school too! My first time skiing. I think I may fall on my butt about 33 times before I can stand up.

The monkey made me do it!
                                ~Z~
                                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X